Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Opium Wars

1. Link to Post #1
    Netherlands Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,169 times in 405 posts

Default Opium Wars

First Opium war

Quote The First Anglo-Chinese War (1839–1842), known popularly as the First Opium War,[nb 2] was fought between the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland and the Qing Dynasty of China, with the aim of forcing China to allow free trade, particularly in opium. In 1842, the Treaty of Nanking—the first of what the Chinese called the unequal treaties—granted an indemnity to Britain, the opening of five treaty ports, and the cession of Hong Kong Island, ending the monopoly of trading in the Canton System. The war marked the end of China's isolation and the beginning of modern Chinese history.[2][3]

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Opium_War

Second Opium War

Quote The Second Opium War, the Second Anglo-Chinese War, the Second China War, the Arrow War, or the Anglo-French expedition to China,[1] was a war pitting the British Empire and the Second French Empire against the Qing Dynasty of China, lasting from 1856–1860.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Opium_War

Present Opium War

Quote Since the US led invasion of Afghanistan in October 2001, the Golden Crescent opium trade has soared. According to the US media, this lucrative contraband is protected by Osama, the Taliban, not to mention, of course, the regional warlords, in defiance of the "international community".

The heroin business is said to be "filling the coffers of the Taliban". In the words of the US State Department:

"Opium is a source of literally billions of dollars to extremist and criminal groups... [C]utting down the opium supply is central to establishing a secure and stable democracy, as well as winning the global war on terrorism," (Statement of Assistant Secretary of State Robert Charles. Congressional Hearing, 1 April 2004)

According to the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC), opium production in Afghanistan in 2003 is estimated at 3,600 tons, with an estimated area under cultivation of the order of 80,000 hectares. (UNODC at http://www.unodc.org/unodc/index.html ).An even larger bumper harvest is predicted for 2004.

The State Department suggests that up to 120 000 hectares were under cultivation in 2004. (Congressional Hearing, op cit):

"We could be on a path for a significant surge. Some observers indicate perhaps as much as 50 percent to 100 percent growth in the 2004 crop over the already troubling figures from last year."
    Source: http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.p...4&articleId=91

The plant that does it...

Source: http://franceshunter.wordpress.com/2...-and-laudanum/

Confessions of an opium eater...
    Last edited by Swami; 21st March 2010 at 09:33.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Swami For This Post:

Anna (6th January 2011), mahalall (9th October 2011), witchy1 (6th January 2011)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks

Default Re: Opium Wars

Excellent Thread Swami! The war on drugs has been a sham off the jump. A brick of heroin has a stable global value in the same way gold has.
    The current party line in the US is that the Afghanistan Farmer needs his poppy crop to survive, and so the troops stationed adjacent to the fields turn a blind eye. The farmer only grosses 500 - 600 US per year! Wouldn't it be cost effective to subsidize the farmer and burn the fields? Not if my Government is reaping a vast revenue stream from this product. And then we have the issue of 2,500,000 Americans in our jails and prisons. The Prison Population is growing and Privatized Prisons are the new best investment! Did you know a Corrections Officer in So Cali earns about 100,000 per year? It looks to me like the only one getting screwed is the end user. We have a criminal cure for a medical problem.

I really hate to say it however in my opinion the War in Afghanistan is about Heroin. And the War on Drugs is being fought against anyone who gets in the way.
    Perception is Everything

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dougall For This Post:

aikisaw (29th January 2011), HURRITT ENYETO (21st December 2010), Mikez (29th January 2011)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

Thank you Dougall,

Quote I really hate to say it however in my opinion the War in Afghanistan is about Heroin. And the War on Drugs is being fought against anyone who gets in the way.
    Ooh yeah. I think that many of them Black Projects are financed with money collectec in the opium trade. And its been that way for some centuries now. All nations, UN/VN, are lured into this game. Dope, Oil, Power and Sex are there tools...

6. Link to Post #4
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,178 times in 1,466 posts

I offer this information in a continuing effort to show evidence that this particular reality is being masterfully manipulated. This opium/drug topic is but one of many dangling strings, that - once tied together - paint a much bigger picture:

For anyone interested in serious research on the subject, all one need do is search the terms 'opium trade finances eastern establishment' to find everything one needs to know on the history of the opium trade and how it parlayed the American elite families of New England, (the "old rich") into the Nazi elite of the New World Order (As that relates to the New York Global Banksters).
    Last edited by observer; 15th January 2011 at 14:01. Reason: broken link

7. Link to Post #5
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,961 times in 687 posts

Karma is a b*tch. The Western nations, including the United States (read The Imperial Cruise), were involved in opium trade with the Chinese. This undermined the culture and made that nation more vulnerable to colonialism. The United States through licensed (and unlicensed) sutlers sold alcohol to the red man and this contributed to the destruction of their culture. Now this karma has come back to haunt us in the form of heroin, cocaine, meth and other chemicals.

8. Link to Post #6
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Lost Soul (here)
    Karma is a b*tch.....Now this karma has come back to haunt us in the form of heroin, cocaine, meth and other chemicals.
    I would have to disagree with your conclusion, Lost. The evidence simply does not support a "karma" connection with this issue.

If you research the evidential trail that was linked in comment #4 of this thread, you will clearly see the names of the individuals involved in the early opium trade in the United States. If one were to research the issue as it relates to current affairs, one will discover that the covert extensions of those same families are connected to the profits of the contemporary drug trade.

For collaborative evidence on this conclusion follow some of these links:
    http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.p...t=va&aid=20210
    http://articles.sfgate.com/2010-06-3...via-laundering
    http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSLP65079620090125

One of the best tools a researcher has, is to "follow the money".

As I stated in my earlier comment:
    Quote "this opium/drug topic is but one of many dangling strings, that - once tied together - paint a much bigger picture"

Karma is simply not involved....
    Last edited by observer; 24th July 2010 at 14:20. Reason: add sources

9. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

Have to agree with Observer. Karma doesn't manifest in this way to my knowledge. The phrase you may be thinking of is "poetic justice". However the architects of these schemes are now dead.

Blacks in America as a group have suffered disproportionately in The US from drug addiction, drug related crime and imprisonment. Is this the karmic result of being emancipated from slavery and made citizens? If so then payback is indeed a b*tch.
    Last edited by 3optic; 24th July 2010 at 14:08.

10. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 times in 324 posts

Americas so called war on drugs is for 1 thing and 1 thing only, to monopolize the industry then control the market. They are building bases in the jungles of Colombia to take over the cocain industry with the help of the Colombian government as well as lying about the Mexican drug wars to control the Hemp fields there. They are controling the Herion fields of Afganistan and controled the dope in Vietnam as well. Once they control the industry, they will make them legal and available to everyone for mass consumption. This is why Hugo Chaves has broken all ties to Colombia and it's government just this past week. The US government is out to assasinate both Chavez and Morales as they are for the people. Chavez begged Colombia not to allow the C-I-Aida in thier back yards as they will try to provoke a war with Venezuela and Equador to kill thier leaders and the Colombian and Mexican Governments are on the take. It's so obvious. Look at what they did in Puerto Rico and Jamaica these past 2 months. Jamaica was under Marshall Law and Chaos for 3 weeks until the US Mafia went after 1 so called drug kingpin. The same in Puerto Rico though not as chaotic as Jamaica but again for 1 so called kingpin. What a sham this lie called the war on drugs.
    "AMOR", Familia!

Seek "KNOWLEDGE" from Cradle to the Grave!!! quote, Dr. Malachi Z. York

11. Link to Post #9
    Deactivated
    Thanks

Drugs are a problem in the first place because people don't know when to say "When"!

Psychedelics have been used since WAY long ago (an approximation) for aid in self-discovery and contacting the spirit world. Opium specifically has a history dating back to 3400 B.C. It's yet another mind-altering substance that occurs naturally and requires little to bring out its potential. Used the right way and for the right purpose, I think these substances give the chance to understand ourselves on a deeper level. I know someone who grows her own plants and makes opium tea. Tastes good with summer squash, she says.

Why isn't there such a fuss over alcohol? Alcohol kills more people and destroys more lives than anything ever grown in the ground.

Do our own Native American tribes have a peyote problem? A salvia addiction? No, they've got the highest rate of alcoholism of any ethnic group in the country.

I'm not saying opium hasn't mutated into this HUGE multi-billion dollar industry and made itself a vital part of the medical community as well... I'm just saying that "The War on Drugs" is as much a matter of perception as it is a matter of addiction.

12. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

Cuppajoe made mention to the medical community in regards to the trade in these substances. This is an important angle to consider, as we look at how many "legitimate" pharma drugs are opium or cocaine derivatives. Anyone whose had surgery may not have wondered where their morphine or oxycontin has been sourced from. Anyone whose had even a Tylenol 3 with codeine has consumed a product which was derived from cocaine. Has anyone heard/read where the pharmacorp people get their supplies to make these legal controlled substances? Has anyone made a comparative analysis of the money made "legally" through the cultivation, processing and marketing of these substances as compared to the money made off of these substances through the illegal drug trade?

13. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 times in 324 posts

It's obvious that so called illegal drugs are the safetest most effective drugs on the planet since the beggining of time. The fact that they grow naturally from our earth is a big clue. IF they were to let everyone know this big pharma would collapse and die. We would grow these natural substances and cultivate them in our own back yards. No more need for big pharma. If these substances were allowed the over abundance of them would make us eventually tire from using them recreationaly cuz we all know; too much of anything and it becomes dull. Anyway just my POV.
    "AMOR", Familia!

Seek "KNOWLEDGE" from Cradle to the Grave!!! quote, Dr. Malachi Z. York

14. Link to Post #12
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by PHARAOH (here)
    Americas so called war on drugs is for 1 thing and 1 thing only, to monopolize the industry then control the market....
    Quote Posted by CuppaJoe (here)
    ....I'm not saying opium hasn't mutated into this HUGE multi-billion dollar industry and made itself a vital part of the medical community as well... I'm just saying that "The War on Drugs" is as much a matter of perception as it is a matter of addiction.
    Since the pharmaceutical industry has been brought-up twice now in this Thread, allow me to offer some foundational evidence as it relates to what I said in my comment #4:

Quote "this opium/drug topic is but one of many dangling strings, that - once tied together - paint a much bigger picture"
    In his book "....and the truth shall set you free", David Icke outlines the rise of power of the Rockefeller dynasty. In chapter 11, under "The Seven Sisters Oil Cartel" (page 250), Icke points-out:
    Quote 'William “Doc” Rockefeller [edit note: John D. Rockefeller's father] also peddled oil at $25 a pint as a cure for warts, snake bites, cancer, and impotency”
    (Source link: http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/bi...ruthfree11.htm)

Would it be any surprise to learn that John D. Rockefeller, Sr, and later his son, Jr, pumped hundreds of millions of dollars into the medical industry. As the director of Chase Manhattan Bank (one of many positions the Rockefeller's have held) and as a well publicized philanthropistic family (The Rockefeller Foundation). The American Medical Association rose to prominence over the older "school of thought", homeopathy. So-much-so, that now, hardly a single homeopathic school of medicine can be found.

The AMA is the "right arm" of the pharmaceutical/medical/banking complex. Can there be any question the hundreds of millions used by this foundation (hoax) was all part of a greater agenda to make trillions of dollars from this "cash cow" (the pharmaceutical industry)?

(Source Links:
    John D. Rockefeller, Sr: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_D._Rockefeller
    John D. Rockefeller, Jr: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_D._Rockefeller,_Jr.
    ".... and the truth shall set you free", David Icke: http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/bi...e.htm#contents) [for those of you who give a "rat's a**"....]

Follow the money, it invariably leads to the truth....
    Last edited by observer; 26th July 2010 at 16:08. Reason: punctuation

15. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

I think it is absolutely essential to have the understanding that, in order for capitalism to work, it has to have a black market. It thrives on it.

For instance, the cocaine trade in the 80's. Everyone and their mom was on it. The men selling it had to find a way to launder the money away, therefore they invested it into Miami beach. That whole town was practically built off cocaine money. There was a necessity to make a cover operation such as a resort hotel to launder the black market capital into. Hell, the Italian Mafia has been doing that for years in Vegas.
    Consider that and take it to the macro.....Makes ya wonder what else is a front.......

The drug war is simply theft. The product is siezed, redistributed and or destroyed, and especially the money accrued through transactions is sought after. The government is taking back what it most likely helped to fund due to the inability to truly control the men at the top.

I argue that if the black market had not existed for as long as it has, our current money supply would be inflated to the point of Zimbabwe dollars, and many of the luxuries and influences within our society would not exist. I highly doubt gangsta rap would have come about in the early 90's if there was no black market....just an example.

"The bottom line is money, nobody gives a ****."

Ummmmmm if the language is too vulgar.....learn to look past it.

Last edited by Decibellistics; 26th July 2010 at 19:02.
    Today a man on acid realized that all of matter is merely energy condensed into a slow moving vibration, that we are all one, and there is no such thing as death. Life is but a dream.
    Here's Tom with the weather.....
    -Bill Hicks

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Decibellistics For This Post:

Anna (6th January 2011), kouby (22nd December 2010)

17. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

Drug Lords - The CIA, The Mob and America's Secret History

Quote Could the assassinations and scandals that rocked America in the 60's and 70's have been perpetrated by the same people who caused the cocaine epidemic that swept this nation during the 1980s and which still continue today? See the results of a three-year investigation into the life and times of one of the most famous CIA agents and successful drug smugglers in America's history - Barry Seal.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Swami For This Post:

observer (23rd December 2010)

19. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

Mena Connection: Compromised: Clinton, Bush and the CIA, Drug smuggling

Quote Film that includes clips from mainsteam media at the time, CBS etc. http://www.ncoic.com/clinton.htm ARKANSAS GOVERNOR BILL CLINTON PRESIDENT GEORGE BUSH CIA DRUGS FOR GUNS CONNECTION By Paul DeRienzo An independent group of researchers in Arkansas are charging that Governor Bill Clinton is covering up an airport used by the CIA and major cocaine smugglers in a remote corner of the Ozark mountains. According to Deborah Robinson of In These Times, the Inter mountain Regional Airport in Mena,Arkansas continues to be the hub of operations for people like assassinated cocaine kingpin Barry Seal as well as government intelligence operations linked to arms and drug smuggling. In the 1980's, the Mena airport became one of the world's largest aircraft refurbishing centers, providing services to planes from many countries.Researchers claim that the largest consumers of aircraft refurbishing services are drug smugglers and intelligence agencies involved in covert activities.In fact, residents of Mena, Arkansas, have told reporters that former marine Lt. Colonel Oliver North was a frequent visitor during the 1980's. Eugene Hasenfus, a pilot who was shot down in a Contra supply plane over Nicaragua in 1986, was also seen in town renting cargo vehicles. A federal Grand Jury looking into activities at the Mena airport refused to hand down any indictments after drug running charges were made public.Deborah Robinson says that Clinton had "ignored the situation" until he began his presidential campaign." Clinton then said he would provide money for a state run investigation of the Mena airport. But according to Robinson, the promise of an investigation was never followed up by Clinton's staff. In fact, a local Arkansas state prosecutor blasted Clinton's promise of an investigation, comparing it to "spitting on a forest fire."
    [GOOGLE]8681225708920427234[/GOOGLE]
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...5708920427234#

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Swami For This Post:

ThePythonicCow (7th January 2011)

21. Link to Post #16
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

As I'm sure you're already aware, Swami, it's all interconnected, as Jim Marrs has so often said in the past.
    • Funding the Nazis.
    • The UFO phenomenon.
    • The assassination of JFK.
    • Guns for Drugs (the Iran/Contra affair).
    • How many more countless operations too numerous to list?
    The same 'players' names reoccur throughout the research on any of these subjects.

Here's a 'must watch' that ties together everything we learned in the Barry Seal video ('Drug Lords - The CIA, The Mob and America's Secret History') that you offered with everything you ever wanted to know about the JFK assassination:

JFK, The Bush Connection -

Notice how all of the same 'cast of characters' reappear on this very pivotal occasion in American history....

22. Link to Post #17
    Palestinian Territory Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,087 times in 6,275 posts

Quote Posted by observer (here)
    As I'm sure you're already aware, Swami, it's all interconnected, as Jim Marrs has so often said in the past.
    • Funding the Nazis.
    • The UFO phenomenon.
    • The assassination of JFK.
    • Guns for Drugs (the Iran/Contra affair).
    • How many more countless operations too numerous to list?
    The same 'players' names reoccur throughout the research on any of these subjects.

Here's a 'must watch' that ties together everything we learned in the Barry Seal video ('Drug Lords - The CIA, The Mob and America's Secret History') that you offered with everything you ever wanted to know about the JFK assassination:

JFK, The Bush Connection -

Notice how all of the same 'cast of characters' reappear on this very pivotal occasion in American history....
    Impressive list of achievements.
    Question, you know that only one group is behind those things, how?

23. Link to Post #18
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Lord Sidious (here)
    Impressive list of achievements.
    Question, you know that only one group is behind those things, how?
    Welcome to the forum and to this thread, Lord Sidious.

Had you followed the links offered in this thread alone, you would see a clear trail of evidence linking the Global Elite (Banksters) with all of the items on the list I offered in comment #16.

As individuals, it is each of our responsibilities to do the research. Only through the research can one gain understanding. The evidence will show a direct connection (back to the dawn of civilization) between the Global Elite (Babylonian Brotherhood/Black Nobility) and an extra-dimensional race of reptilian lifeforms.

This is the source ("only one group') of what I refer to in my comment #16.

They are very clever at what they do....

[update]

Research Resource:

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...reptilian-case
    Last edited by observer; 15th January 2011 at 14:36. Reason: update

24. Link to Post #19
    Palestinian Territory Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,087 times in 6,275 posts

Quote Posted by observer (here)
    Welcome to the forum and to this thread, Lord Sidious.

Had you followed the links offered in this thread alone, you would see a clear trail of evidence linking the Global Elite (Banksters) with all of the items on the list I offered in comment #16.

As individuals, it is each of our responsibilities to do the research. Only through the research can one gain understanding. The evidence will show a direct connection (back to the dawn of civilization) between the Global Elite (Babylonian Brotherhood/Black Nobility) and an extra-dimensional race of reptilian lifeforms.

This is the source ("only one group') of what I refer to in my comment #16.

They are very clever at what they do....

[update]

Research Resource:

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...reptilian-case
    Thanks for the welcome.
    Indeed, you could say that those controlling things have a lot to answer for, but how do you KNOW they did it all?
    Thing is, a lot of the ''conflict'' you see around isn't what it appears to be.
    A lot of it is the various factions attempting to control the world government for their own ends, but none of them have enough power to do so.
    Not yet.

25. Link to Post #20
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Lord Sidious (here)
    Thanks for the welcome.
    Indeed, you could say that those controlling things have a lot to answer for, but how do you KNOW they did it all?
    You KNOW, Lord Sidious, because you follow the money. The bullet point list below is the result of nearly 50 years of research into this very issue:
    • The 'Priest Cults' have surrounded the 'King' since the dawn of civilization in concentric circles of ever-increasing secrecy.
    • The 'Priest Cult' has always controlled the purse strings.
    • Throughout history these Priest Cults have changed their names, but they have always operated within the same 'template'.... used the same symbols.... extended from the same bloodlines.... conjured the same demonic forces.... since the dawn of civilization.
    • These same bloodlines have evolved into the contemporary global banking networks, but still the same bloodlines. (The Black Nobility)
    • These same bloodlines were (not only) the financiers of the Nazis to power, they were the source of what would become the Nazi doctrine.
    • These same bloodline families are today in control of the global banking networks.
    • These global banking networks control EVERYTHING that occurs within this particular reality.

Yes, there are varying degrees of culpability, varying groups vying for control. This chaos is all a necessary function of the 'control mechanism', and is known as the Hegelian dialectic (problem, reaction, solution). This is how those at the darkest circles of secrecy remain in control over thousands of years of civilization.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast