Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Vatican astonished at Belgian police raid

1. Link to Post #1
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,993 times in 630 posts

Default Vatican astonished at Belgian police raid

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100625/...atican_belgium

VATICAN CITY – The Vatican said Friday it was astonished and outraged that Belgian police investigating priestly sex abuse had conducted raids that also targeted the graves of two archbishops.

The Vatican summoned the Belgian ambassador to the Holy See to convey its anger over the raids, which also included the home and offices of the retired archbishop of Belgium. The ambassador was called in for a meeting with the Vatican's foreign minister.

In a statement, the Vatican said any sinful and criminal abuse of minors from members of the church must be condemned and repeated that there is a need for justice and amends.

But it added, "The Secretariat of State also expresses astonishment at the way in which the search took place." It expressed "outrage over the violation of the tombs."

On Thursday, police raided the home and former office of former Archbishop Godfried Danneels, taking documents and Danneels' personal computer. Police and prosecutors did not say if Danneels was suspected of abuse himself or simply had records pertaining to allegations against another person. He was not questioned.

Investigators also opened the graves of archbishops in the St. Rombouts Cathedral in Mechlin, north of Brussels, looking for possibly incriminating documents, said Jean-Marc Meilleur, spokesman for the Brussels public prosecutor.

I say, "Yeah for the Belgian police".

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MargueriteBee For This Post:

justntime2learn (13th April 2016), Michelle Marie (30th March 2013)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks

Default Re: Vatican astonished at Belgian police raid

Wow.

Hey, thank you for the news, MargueriteBee.

And thank you for your signature

4. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

I wonder what they found in the graves?! Two grumpy vampyres?! I think the Vatican's position of expressing outrage over digging up graves rather than the alleged organised ring of child abuse and sexual molestation (and implied subsequent cover-up) says a ton about their priorities and morality.

5. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 times in 818 posts

I have to agree with the Vactican - digging up graves to get evidence for sex abuse sounds absurd - (dead men tell no tales). I really think the Police in Belgium should spend their time searching pedophiles who are still alive, or persuing cases where there is proof (e.g. many informants, some proof - like pics or movies of abuse). So there will be convictions.
    However, the Vatican has covered up this abuse for too long, so its good to see the Police are doing something (no matter how mis-guided).
    “There is no coming to consciousness without pain. People will do anything, no matter how absurd, in order to avoid facing their own soul. One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious.” -- Carl Jung

"To see the farm is to leave the farm."

6. Link to Post #5
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,993 times in 630 posts

I wonder what documents they were after.

Your welcome Ailee.

7. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

• digging up corpses (harms no one, possibly uncovers buried evidence)
    • organised and systematically covered-up child molestation within a religious institution (does unlimited perpetuate harm)
    Simple question:

Which do you think is more outrageous?
    Last edited by Baelsfire; 26th June 2010 at 05:14.

8. Link to Post #7
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,961 times in 687 posts

Betcha there's birthmarks that the victim could not have attested to unless the (deceased) culprits were undressed. Finding the birthmarks (or tattoos) would add credibility to the victim's assertions.

9. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,146 times in 2,998 posts

Short of murder, there can be no more egregious crime. Getting a young boy to submit to sexual advances under the cloak of religion is an abomination.

10. Link to Post #9
    New Zealand Avalon Member Studeo's Avatar
    Thanks

Pope causes outrage for condemning church abuse raids in Belgium

Pope Benedict XVI 'I want to express … my sadness, in which, certain surprising and deplorable methods, searches were carried out,' says the pope. Photograph: Vincenzo Pinto/AFP

Groups representing the victims of clerical abuse tonight expressed outrage after the pope criticised raids on the Catholic church by Belgian police.

Last week, police raided the home of a retired bishop, opened the grave of at least one archbishop and detained Belgium's nine current serving bishops as they met, seizing their mobile phones and only releasing them after nine hours.

Pope Benedict described the raids by officers investigating abuse claims as "surprising and deplorable" and demanded that the church be allowed a role in inquiries into child molesters in its ranks.

In a message to the head of the Belgian bishops' conference, Monsignor André-Joseph Léonard, the pontiff condemned the raids and offered his support to the bishops "in this sad moment".

"I want to express, dear brother in the episcopate, as well as to all the bishops of Belgium, my closeness and solidarity in this moment of sadness, in which, with certain surprising and deplorable methods, searches were carried out," he said.

"I hope that justice will follow its course while guaranteeing the rights of individuals and institutions, respecting the rights of victims, [and] acknowledging those who undertake to collaborate with it."

The Vatican has also protested to Belgium's ambassador to the Holy See. Yesterday, Cardinal Tarcisio Bertone, the Vatican secretary of state, said: "There are no precedents for this, not even under communist regimes."

But the raids were welcomed by the American clerical abuse victims group Snap. "Vatican officials who criticise the Belgian police raid of the Brussels church hierarchy should be ashamed of themselves," said Joelle Casteix of Snap. "While Roman church officials talk about stopping abuse, Belgian police officials take action to stop abuse."

As cases of abuse by priests have emerged throughout Europe this year, the Belgian church has apologised for failing to root out abusers in the past and promised a crackdown.

On Friday, the pope appointed Monsignor Jozef De Kesel as the bishop of Bruges to replace Roger Vangheluwe, 73, who resigned in April over abusing a boy. Vangheluwe was the first European bishop to step down after confessing to abuse.

As part of their investigation into recent claims of abuse, police last week drilled into the tombs of two archbishops at the cathedral in Mechelen, north of Brussels, using cameras to look for hidden documents, a church official said. Investigators said only one tomb had been opened.

Léonard condemned the raid as being inspired by "crime novels and the Da Vinci Code".

Police took documents and a computer from the home of his predecessor, Godfried Danneels, and seized documents from an independent panel investigating 500 cases of suspected abuse by priests.

After initially treating the abuse revelations emerging in Europe as a plot to discredit the church, Vatican officials have increasingly admitted the need for it to co-operate more closely with police.

But in his reaction to the Belgian raids, the pope stressed that abuse within the church needed to be handled by both civil and canon law, "respecting their reciprocal specificity and autonomy".

Avvenire, the newspaper of the Italian Bishops' Conference, went further, claiming the police investigation went "beyond the legitimate requirements of justice" and was the sign of a secular government's "desire to attack the church in its entirety" by a secular government.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010...r-condemnation

Pope causes outrage for condemning church abuse raids in Belgium

11. Link to Post #10
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,835 times in 3,731 posts

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks."
    -- Let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all --

12. Link to Post #11
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,587 times in 5,273 posts

There are alot of people who contribute to this forum that have excellent intuitve insight.

If you take one Look at this picture tell me what you see?

All I see is PURE EVIL, not to mention the COVERUP of Peodifile Preditors thoughout the Catholic Church! The TRUTH will come out about this Sick Ba$tard one day. But unfortunately it's already too Late!

PS - Just to rub it in have a look at the insignia in the middle of his FishHat, "A Sheperd on a Throne with a Child on his Lap.
    Last edited by jackovesk; 30th June 2010 at 06:09.

13. Link to Post #12
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,835 times in 3,731 posts

I agree that said Pope does not seem to me to reflect the love and light that you might expect from one of a high spiritual authority. Why would such a person get all uppity over some police investigating some very serious allegations. What he is doing and saying is tantamount to obstruction of justice - so one must ask - what side is he really on? Is this about respect for God or is it about the respect that ought to be shown to the power of Men who claim special affinity with God ?

Enough clerics have been found to abuse thier positions of trust and power, falling into the traps laid for them by thier own distorted views and expressions of sexuality - that all of them become suspect in the minds of many. Enough have confessed or been found to be guilty, and when this has happened, nothing much is done (except some hollow apologies) or out of court settlements.

I think the Pope is going to see that the moral high ground has subsided on this one.

John..
    Last edited by Anchor; 30th June 2010 at 05:26.
    -- Let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all --

14. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Quote Posted by jackovesk (here)
    There are alot of people who contribute to this forum that have excellent intuitve insight.

If you take one Look at this picture tell me what you see?

All I see is PURE EVIL, not to mention the COVERUP of Peodifile Preditors thoughout the Catholic Church! The TRUTH will come out about this Sick Ba$tard one day. But unfortunately it's already too Late!

PS - Just to rub it in have a look at the insignia in the middle of his FishHat, "A Sheperd on a Throne with a Child on his Lap.
    i see the same as you jack, thats one really creepy photo!

15. Link to Post #14
    Israel Avalon Member PathWalker's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,056 times in 1,088 posts

Don't get mislead-ed by the front headline.

Ask yourself:
    1. Why now, the police (or any other official power) is raiding catholic burial tombs?
    2. Are these really burial tombs? Maybe storage tombs, or doors?
    3. Who pulls the strings about releasing this to the main stream media? Not every raid is in the media.
    4. The Belgian police? Really? Who sent them and why?

I believe this is not really a story about pedophile clergy men. This is a story about pushing the power envelope of the Vatican. The Vatican nemesis powers are now pushing the limits of the Vatican power influence. All in order to collect information and estimate the Vatican power.
    Do not get fooled by the public media. The main stream media is highly controlled. Try to recognize the sinister powers behind.

One more note. Do not assume that the Vatican's enemy is your friend.

We are not victims, we relinquished our power. Now we take it back. It is a personal empowerment struggle.
    Try to keep the balance. Falling into duality/polarity (rage, anger, fear) will obstruct our progress.

16. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

It is possible that the Pope himself is part of a Nazi-inspired infiltration and is simply doing what needs to be done to push the agenda of driving the masses away from the Catholic institution, as are all the paedophile priests. Because the Catholic church have always been a force for enlightenment, intelligent open discussion and raising the standards of health and living for Humankind, right? Wait... why are you walking away?!
    Help make people aware on Facebook ->
    1.TV Soap Opera's are PSYOPS!
    2.Fluoride-Free Dental Hygiene

17. Link to Post #16
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

haha go belgian cops!

18. Link to Post #17
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by PathWalker (here)
    Don't get mislead-ed by the front headline.

Ask yourself:
    1. Why now, the police (or any other official power) is raiding catholic burial tombs?
    2. Are these really burial tombs? Maybe storage tombs, or doors?
    3. Who pulls the strings about releasing this to the main stream media? Not every raid is in the media.
    4. The Belgian police? Really? Who sent them and why?

I believe this is not really a story about pedophile clergy men. This is a story about pushing the power envelope of the Vatican. The Vatican nemesis powers are now pushing the limits of the Vatican power influence. All in order to collect information and estimate the Vatican power.
    Do not get fooled by the public media. The main stream media is highly controlled. Try to recognize the sinister powers behind.

One more note. Do not assume that the Vatican's enemy is your friend.

We are not victims, we relinquished our power. Now we take it back. It is a personal empowerment struggle.
    Try to keep the balance. Falling into duality/polarity (rage, anger, fear) will obstruct our progress.

I should say HOLD ON mate!
    First of all you don't know anything about belgian politics and what is going on here...
    We just had a new government election sumwhere begin of june and the people in belgium constantly kept asking police to deal with this matter as no1 is getting arrested for a SERIOUS crime against the LAW and the soul of the victim.
    This raid happened for real cause they talking about it all day here in Belgium (Ghent)

19. Link to Post #18
    Romania Deactivated
    Thanks

20. Link to Post #19
    Israel Avalon Member PathWalker's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,056 times in 1,088 posts

Quote Posted by SkepticSoul (here)
    I should say HOLD ON mate!
    First of all you don't know anything about belgian politics and what is going on here...
    Yes I agree, I know nothing about Belgian politics. Please elaborate and try to explain/interpret what is going behind the scene .
    I cannot trust the controlled information streamed by the media.

Please do elaborate.
    We are playing a virtual reality game, of duality. In the game of choices, align your choices with your ideals. Everything is whole, complete and perfect. Even yourself. Love is the power to change/create.

21. Link to Post #20
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,424 times in 1,076 posts

can you spot evil in a picture

meet Marc Dutroux

a Belgian serial killer and child molester who insist that he was part of a Europe-wide pedophile ring

with accomplices among police officers businessmen doctors and even high-level Belgian politicians

it is interesting to note that he does not mention any members of the church

how about the 'The Franklin Cover-Up'

uncovered by former Nebraska state senator John De Camp

a nationwide pedophile ring servicing some of the wealthiest and most powerful figures in the

Omaha business and political elites in the Republican Party circles of George Herbert Walker Bush

pedophilia is a perversion of the powerful

it's not church exclusive but elite inclusive

Im not saying that every man and woman in positions of power

misuse this power for economic and sexual gratification

but it is crystal clear to me

that our society would not have organized crime drugs arms pedophilia trafficking

if TPTB did not want it around

one is at best misled if one thinks the church is in any position of power in our society

but the church has the power to influence millions of minds

and that makes it a formidable opponent to any secular governments

so it's best to infiltrate and smear it

am I saying that the phedophile priests are infiltrators of TPTB

yes and an unequivocal yes
    Last edited by RedeZra; 4th July 2010 at 17:24.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast