+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Various '7 billionth' babies celebrated worldwide

1. Link to Post #1
    Ireland Avalon Member irishspirit's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,720 times in 462 posts

Default Various '7 billionth' babies celebrated worldwide

Quote MANILA, Philippines (AP) — She came into the world at two minutes before midnight, a tiny, wrinkled girl born into a struggling Manila family. On Monday, she became a symbol of the world's population reaching 7 billion people and all the worries that entails for the planet's future.

Danica May Camacho, born in a crowded public hospital, was welcomed with a chocolate cake marked "7B Philippines" and a gift certificate for free shoes. There were bursts of photographers' flashes, and speeches by local officials.
    http://news.yahoo.com/various-7-bill...064439018.html

I just love how they come up with these stories. They literally pull these numbers from Fresh air. For instance, a fraction of the children born and not registered, support with the fast amount of children deaths on a daily bases, in places such as Africa leads one to think that these numbers are random.

For instances, not everyone completes the Census, I know that I do not. Not ever child is registered for a trading number.

Do people really believe these numbers? Or, like me, feel this is another ways off saying, "we need more birth control, we also need to charge more for the air that you breath as your all killing the planet".

One does wonder.
    Open your eyes and you will see, open your heart and your will feel.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to irishspirit For This Post:

Amysenthia (31st October 2011), Lord Sidious (31st October 2011), ROMANWKT (31st October 2011)

3. Link to Post #2
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,107 times in 577 posts

Default Re: Various '7 billionth' babies celebrated worldwide

«The following is a transcript of remarks delivered by UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon in New York as the agency marked the official declaration that the world's population hit 7,000,000,000 on Oct. 31, 2011:

Ladies and Gentlemen:

Today, the world’s population reached seven billion.

The world’s population reached six billion in 1998, 13 years ago. It is expected to grow to nine billion by the middle of this century, or even a few years earlier — by 2043.

But today — this Day of Seven Billion – is not about one newborn, or even one generation.

This is a day about our entire human family.

Look around you. Scan the news headlines.

Famine in the Horn of Africa.

Fighting in Syria, and elsewhere.

Protests against growing economic inequality, from Wall Street to Main Street.

Rising public anger. Loss of faith in governments and public institutions to do the right thing.

Our world is one of terrible contradictions.

Plenty of food but one billion people go hungry.

Lavish lifestyles for a few, but poverty for too many others.

Huge advances in medicine while mothers die everyday in childbirth, and children die every day from drinking dirty water.

Billions spent on weapons to kill people instead of keeping them safe. .

What kind of world has baby seven billion been born into?

What kind of world do we want for our children in the future?

Tomorrow, I leave for the G20 summit in Cannes. My message will be loud and clear:

Think about our children. Think about the future, with vision and foresight.

Yes, we face a serious economic crisis. For much of the world, fiscal austerity is the new order of the day. Yet even in these difficult times, we cannot afford to cut loose those who are hardest hit.

We cannot break our solemn pact with the world’s poor.

We can not burn our way to the future — at the cost of destroying our planet.

And we have to empower women and young people. Around the world, they have taken to the streets demanding their rights, new opportunities and a voice in their future.

At the G20 summit, we need to deal with all these issues - squarely and directly. The world’s people want answers from their leaders. They expect solutions, not half-measures or excuses.

Last week, I visited a New York public school. One student said to me, “If I am part of the problem, I want to be part of the solution.”

Today, we are all part of the [problem]. We must all be part of the solution.

Today, we welcome baby seven billion. In doing so we must recognize our moral and pragmatic obligation to do the right thing for him, or for her.

I am one of seven billion. You are also one of seven billion.

Together, we can be seven billion strong — by working in solidarity for a better world for all.

Thank you very much.»

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2...-7billion.html

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Samsara For This Post:

Lord Sidious (31st October 2011), Magnus (31st October 2011), ROMANWKT (31st October 2011), seko (31st October 2011)

5. Link to Post #3
    Wales Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,775 times in 1,313 posts

Default Re: Various '7 billionth' babies celebrated worldwide

All these thing that you have stated are preventable, its not the kids, its us.we allow this, and mostly we don't blink an eye to what is really happening, we are the consensus, we allow this. We have to be responsible.

Thank you for posting this
    roman

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ROMANWKT For This Post:

Lord Sidious (31st October 2011), Samsara (31st October 2011), seko (31st October 2011)

+ Reply to Thread