+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Is it better to just NOT know things?

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,286 times in 818 posts

Default Re: Is it better to just NOT know things?

Perhaps you’re upset because you notice the deceptions; it is always good to know the truth. Living or being part of a lie has never been enjoyable. Lies are meant to mislead you into agreeing with some hidden agenda….a scheme you would have not agreed to otherwise. You may just be feeling a bit fatigue from dealing with so much fraud.

Take solace in knowing that you are witnessing truth, and truth always leads to more truth… eventually setting you free…for many are still journeying in the land of the lost consumed by fear and dishonesty because they simply cannot handle the truth (yet). We have been pre-conditioned to support lies; it’s just that now many are overwhelmed with unexplainable emotions. I call it waking up.

Peace

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Peace of Mind For This Post:

58andfixed (1st November 2011), ceetee9 (1st November 2011), dAkapacity (1st November 2011), Maria Stade (1st November 2011)

3. Link to Post #22
    Ecuador Avalon Member Davidallany's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,056 times in 1,577 posts

Quote Is it better to just NOT know things?
    It's rather better not to watch or listen to anything from TV, because it's how the media control people's perception of reality. Last night I was watching a recorded TV series called History of War, it's so superficial and shallow. I could see someone watching it and taking it for face value. Others will want to believe it, because they were told they belong to a different group. Like the Drazi on Babylon 5, grouping by the colour of the scarf, then fighting for whatever group they belong to. It's silly, but they did believe in it.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Davidallany For This Post:

58andfixed (1st November 2011), dAkapacity (1st November 2011), Maria Stade (1st November 2011)

5. Link to Post #23
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,363 times in 432 posts

George Farquhar: "Those who know the least obey the best."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Farquhar

".. an Irish dramatist."

"He is noted for his contributions to late Restoration comedy, particularly for his plays The Recruiting Officer (1706) and The Beaux' Stratagem (1707)."

"Ignorance is bliss for the ignorant, and hell for the rest of us."

~~ Don't know who said this, however I repeat it endlessly.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 58andfixed For This Post:

dAkapacity (1st November 2011), Maria Stade (1st November 2011)

7. Link to Post #24
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,331 times in 1,296 posts

A person in whom I place great confidence (and whom I consider wise) once said to me that, in a way not diminishing of the importance of others, the world is all about us in the sense that we are here because it is part of who we are. She once said to me "forget about me, forget about everybody; we're just figments of your imagination just playing our parts".

Of course, she didn't mean to say that others aren't important, but that when we talk about 'the world', what do we mean? The world is just the 'present consciousnesses' considered collectively. For all we know, those who do not know and seem blissfully happy in their ignorance are as much a part of our test as those who do know and do everything they can to make this garden of experience the briar patch it can be.

When I think of my (current) signature "Indeed, Allah will not change the condition of a people until they change what is in themselves." I cannot but think that it is related to this problem: we're not here to change the world and to wake the world up, we're here to progress for ourselves because we're not here to change the test, we're here to pass it. If we pass by changing ourselves and becoming the people we want to be, it will follow as night follows day that the world will become a better place.

So no, I don't think it's better not to know. It certainly seems happier not to know but really, if we wanted to be happy would we have come here? Wasn't it Yoda who said "Masochists are we, not this nude Satyr" lol so Prozac all round — pop a pill, lie back and flick the V to the world for a few moments until your batteries have recharged :-)

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Seikou-Kishi For This Post:

Davidallany (2nd November 2011), Ineffable Hitchhiker (2nd November 2011), Maria Stade (1st November 2011)

9. Link to Post #25
    Thanks

Watching TV ruining me, whether news, movies or shows. Become irritable, so ignore them as I can. My partner Watching TV.
    /This is another topic - how to help him. You can force to take, you can not give./
    I feel a little stronger when I know I'm not alone. For a long time I lived in fear, sadness and doom. I think slowly I made it with them. Not entirely, but I'm working on it. I have lost so many years in the somnolent searches ...
    I am glad that I opened my eyes. What I saw shocked me, but the truth is healthy. Now I am an observer of what is happening around me. I try to keep the fragile harmonious feeling in my soul, not angry, not depressed.
    There is so much beauty around us, it's so nice when you see ...

Thank you all, I wish you good days.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Margi For This Post:

58andfixed (3rd November 2011), Maria Stade (1st November 2011)

11. Link to Post #26
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,106 times in 526 posts

Not knowing is what got us into the problems we are currently in, ignorance is not bliss, once you have taken the red pill there is no going back to innocence. I would rather know the truth and stand on my own feet and face it rather than being force fed in my wheelchair (sort a speak) by people who would rather see me die then take care of me.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eagle For This Post:

58andfixed (3rd November 2011), Maria Stade (1st November 2011)

13. Link to Post #27
    United States Avalon Member Snowbird's Avatar
    The CORPORATION of the United States of America
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,498 times in 1,082 posts

Quote Posted by Warlock (here)
    I saw a commercial about the Chevy Volt. It said that the car gets 35 miles per electric charge.
    I read an article about three weeks ago about an electric car BUILT IN 1896 THAT GETS 40 MILES PER CHARGE.
    So a car from the 19th century gets more per charge than a car made in the 21st century? Are you kidding me?
    Would it have been better for me to not know about the 19th century car? Better to be ignorant of that fact?

I saw an ad for a NG program on the last days of Osama Bin Laden. They showed that video that I'm sure most of you have seen of an old man watching T.V. in a chair and they show him from the back barely panning part of his profile. Come on, man, give me a break!
    Now, I saw that interview, a few years back of David Frost interviewing Benzir Bhutto where she stated Osama had been assasinated. There were other factors about him not being alive that I took into account before I saw that interview, but my point is: Would it have been better for me to just be a "happy, happy, everything is to be taken at face value" kind of person?

MY wife likes to watch the news, and I usually end up leaving the room, but I often comment about how can these people actually report what they do WITH A STRAIGHT FACE!
    I mean, these people cannot possibly have a conscience.

These are just a few things I could remember off the top of my head. There are more, but you get the picture.

Is it better to just not know things?
    Is it better to just notice and then dismiss these things out of my mind?
    Is it better to live in a make believe world than the real one?

Sorry guys/gals, I'm just pissed today and I don't know why.

Warlock
    Warlock, if I could give you a standing ovation, I would. I have been asking myself that same question for some time now. I have this rather strange need to know what is going on around me. The more that I learn, the less I know. I sometimes wonder if all of the learning and understanding is going to help in the long run.

I know people whose lives seem rather happy and fulfilled, who still honestly believe that young terrorists with box cutters leveled Manhattan, the Pentagon, crashed a third plane and murdered thousands. I know other people who don't believe in UFOs and think that alien beings are found in toy stores.

And then I take good long looks at what our global population is being forced to endure and I wonder who in hell will stop this heinous insanity before our Earth is blown to smithereens.

We are essentially informed that there are very very few in this life and off planet who we can trust. And, even if these very very few were standing in front of us, we wouldn't know if we should trust them....it's the technology, you know.

I for one, fully understand.
    We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.
    Plato

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Snowbird For This Post:

Maria Stade (1st November 2011)

15. Link to Post #28
    Thanks

yes stop searching for the truth cause you wont find it , i have stopped searching for the truth and feel better for it.
    Last edited by slipknotted; 1st November 2011 at 22:44.
    Chris....... Free your mind

16. Link to Post #29
    Thanks

Thanks for this post warlock its something ive been thinking about alot and can totally relate to
    In waking up i had alot of positive things happen for example not worrying quite so much over certain circumstances as this is all an illusion and returning to a simpler more natural and happy life i had as a child but i had just as many negative ones now i have generated certain fears about desease trying to avoid aspartame msg flouride etc and another fear of the unknown mainly multidimensional beings(creeps me out a bit) but relating to the beings and waking up theres good and bad in everything and i suppose we are all trying to find that balance point but overall im glad i know what i know by knowing we have choice ,could even choose to go back to how you was but i doubt you would, waking up is just normality in a time where madness is considered the norm just take a look at the general population no offence but no thanks i dont fit in and im glad we are the future we just gotta hold on tight

17. The Following User Says Thank You to doyle For This Post:

Maria Stade (2nd November 2011)

18. Link to Post #30
    Thanks

The ones who do wake up have a huge capacity to heal what they see. All of the emotions that arise through the betrayl of the matrix masters are ancient there is no one that is or has not been affected by the terrible management of this experience. We view the contrast to heal in ourselves what needs to be healed so that it trickles down into the conscious of the collective experiencers. That is how true change happens. First we forgive ourselves then we forgive others, then we wake up to a much better world. A world where we accept responsibility for ourselves our neighbours and the experience. IMHO. You are all very brave to be here now. Best Wishes

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to motherlove For This Post:

58andfixed (3rd November 2011), Maria Stade (2nd November 2011)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2