View Poll Results: Do You Have trouble sleeping?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes-Can't fall asleep

12 15.58%
  • Yes- fall asleep, but wake up in the middle of the night

41 53.25%
  • Cant fall asleep OR can't stay asleep

12 15.58%
  • No- I sleep just fine,,thank you very much.

12 15.58%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Do You Have Sleep Problems?

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,286 times in 818 posts

Default Re: Do You Have Sleep Problems?

Most nights I sleep for about 4 hours. I’m not sure if it’s a problem because I don’t feel tired when I awake. I think my diet has a big part to do with it, my body isn't spending too much time and energy breaking down certain foods. I also do a lot of meditation and believe that it helps with rejuvenating my body and mind…which is probably the reason why I don’t have dreams. Dreams (imo) is the mind contemplating the issues of that individual. Hence the expression “sleep on it”…

Peace

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Peace of Mind For This Post:

Sidney (1st November 2011)

3. Link to Post #22
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,659 times in 8,694 posts

Quote Posted by astrid (here)
    You missed one, for those of us that sleep ALOT,
    in fact i think its time for a nap now....

yeah.. I'm sleeping too much... always lethargic, never say no to a nap.. haha its always greener on the other side though right?
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Sidney (1st November 2011)

5. Link to Post #23
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,921 times in 4,417 posts

I did sleep last night, but woke up at 2 ish. Was totally and absolutely lethargic today. Of course around bed time, I start to perk up. Can a magnetic shift have this affect? If the poles are moving around I would imagine it could move our sleep cycles around too. Just thinking out loud, throwing some theories around. I appreciate all of you participating in this. The poll is open through Saturday I believe.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sidney For This Post:

onawah (3rd November 2011)

7. Link to Post #24
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,422 times in 3,394 posts

Quote Posted by WhiteFeather (here)

That was my MO, it changed very quickly Astrid, very quickly. I went from 9 hrs of sleep to 4 hrs a sleep, in less than a month or so.
    It seems to be dependent on what i'm working on.
    when i have guests say here, and its usually in a healing capacity,
    i have sleeping issues. I'm often processing like crazy for them.
    A friend was here the other night, she took a break from an unhappy relationship and her young children for a day and night.
    I was hit over night with anger and frustration, very uncharacteristic for me,
    she slept like a baby for the first time in months.

Spiritual seekers more often than not are working as filters for those that can't process for themselves.
    I'm seeing evidence of this more and more lately.

I'm planning on a mini vision quest this weekend, so no sleep is on the agenda
    for a few days, fun times!

Btw , no offense OP, but i'm not a fan of polls,
    there is never a box i can tick that fits me!
    Last edited by astrid; 4th November 2011 at 08:40.
    The greatest privilege of a human life is to become a
    midwife to the awakening of the Soul in another person.”
    ~ Plato

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to astrid For This Post:

onawah (3rd November 2011), Sidney (3rd November 2011)

9. Link to Post #25
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,964 times in 7,673 posts

The trouble is to get myself to sleep. I've been experiencing these "new energies", it's quite hard to explain. I've been "downloading" them at least for a year now, but the last month has been very intense for me. I usually need 8-10 hours of sleep to function properly, but now I hardly sleep 5-6 hours in a night and after that its hard for me to go to back to sleep. I've never experienced anything like this.

We are living a time of great changes. Soon, we will see.
    Last edited by Wind; 3rd November 2011 at 04:18.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Wind For This Post:

Sidney (3rd November 2011)

11. Link to Post #26
    Thanks

That was my MO, it changed very quickly Astrid, very quickly. I went from 9 hrs of sleep to 4 hrs a sleep, in less than a month or so.
    A friend was here the other night, she took a break from an unhappy relationship and her young children for a day and night.

Spiritual seekers more often than not are working as filters for those that can't process for themselves.

Hi Astrid, I realized after the fact that I should have had more options available. apologies, this is my first poll attempt, so I was feeling my way around. lol I just wanted to get an idea of how many people besides me have some sort of sleep issue. So far 48 out of 59 is a pretty high number. Something is up.
    Last edited by Sidney; 3rd November 2011 at 15:38.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Post:

astrid (4th November 2011), onawah (4th November 2011)

13. Link to Post #27
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

I fall asleep around 10 pm every night but wake up again at 1:07 am every morning! What's up with that? I have something called advanced sleep phase syndrome that does affect my normal circadian rhythm but this is ridiculous! Sleep the final frontier!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MzKitty2 For This Post:

onawah (4th November 2011)

15. Link to Post #28
    Australia Avalon Member TigaHawk's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,103 times in 742 posts

Funny you posted this, in the last month i have been sleeping only 2-3 hrs a nite and awakening, cannot fall back to sleep. Prior to a month ago, i would sleep 9 hrs easily. Somethings Up.
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! exact same as me!!

Tho i had recently come to the conclusion that this was because i said goodbye to "Mary Jane" aprox 1mth ago as well.

Tho, NEVER EVER EVER before, when ive said goodbye to "Mary Jane" in the past have i ever had problems sleeping like i am now, so i was skeptical about it at first but eventualy decied that was the reason.

Seeing this thread makes me think different!

edit: I dont think its cuz im stressed either. When i go to bed me and my partner normaly lay there chatting/cuddling for about 30mins, and its allways aobut random/funny things, nothing serious, so i should destressed, cuz i feel relaxed/safe with him allways, and he feels the same with me.

Even he's having problems getting a good night sleep to, but nowhere near as bad as me.
    Last edited by TigaHawk; 3rd November 2011 at 16:59.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to TigaHawk For This Post:

17. Link to Post #29
    United States Avalon Member Nyce555's Avatar
    Thanks

I usually fall asleep around 1 am and then wake up around 3-4ish. I fall right back asleep, but it is usually do to a dream that is intense and my mind wants to get out. I am usually confused and relieved, then I fall back asleep. I did notice that the more anxiety I have, the more intense my dreams are.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Nyce555 For This Post:

19. Link to Post #30
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Anxiety is most probably the cause of alot of sleeplessness. Particularly if you are prone to the "something must be up" syndrone common amongst this type of community. I had sleep problems once and the solution was to wake up at 4am each morning and stay awake all day and have no naps. Did this for a while and you get so tired that you just drop off instantly about 930p at night. Sleep is good, may i suggest people investigate the art of Lucid Dreaming. It is a whole new world.

20. Link to Post #31
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,092 times in 20,639 posts

Cell phone towers and EMFs are definitely a factor in sleeplessness and mental clarity.
    I think it may be that for those with Chronic Fatigue, the body's relative motionless during hours of sleep may have something to do with perking up around bedtime.
    People with CFS need to move a lot to avoid the aches and pains that come with stiffness, which increases with motionless.
    It's why we feel so awful when we first get up.
    But after a day of moving around, we start to feel better!
    Feeling better, we don't want to go to bed, so a lot of us have very irregular sleep patterns.
    I always feel better at night, and usually don't feel tired enough to get to sleep until 3AM or so.
    But that's the case even if I get up early, which for me is 9AM.
    Though eventually, if I'm just sleeping 6 hours a night, I will "crash" and start needing at least 9 hours until I catch up on sleep.
    It's kind of a relief when I get into that kind of cycle though, because I'm so tired by the time I go to bed, there's no tossing and turning, trying to get to sleep.

I think it also has something to do with the fact that when most people are asleep is the time when I most like to be awake.
    The "air waves" are calmer and it's just generally more peaceful.
    Sundays are my favorite days because it's when most people are relaxing, so I feel more relaxed too, though, since I am not employed, there's not that much difference for me between workdays and weekends.
    People with CFS have more exposed nerve endings, and so are more sensitive to such things.
    For a long time, I was using homeopathic remedies to help me get to sleep.
    There was a Hyland's #23 that really helped for years, then it ceased to be effective. Coffea Cruda worked for a couple of years.
    I haven't found another one yet that works as well as those two did.
    I've tried lots of other things, but the homeopathic remedies were the best by far, for as long as they worked, at least.
    Quote Posted by starchild111 (here)
    I did sleep last night, but woke up at 2 ish. Was totally and absolutely lethargic today. Of course around bed time, I start to perk up. Can a magnetic shift have this affect? If the poles are moving around I would imagine it could move our sleep cycles around too. Just thinking out loud, throwing some theories around. I appreciate all of you participating in this. The poll is open through Saturday I believe.
    Last edited by onawah; 4th November 2011 at 00:42.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Sidney (4th November 2011)

22. Link to Post #32
    Thanks

Hi Astrid- Could you elaborate a little bit on this statement about the processing? Would that be a little bit like being an empath only magnified to a certain extent? That could explain some things that I am going through in my current situation. (this is aside from the sleep thing).

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Post:

astrid (4th November 2011), onawah (4th November 2011)

24. Link to Post #33
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,350 times in 2,555 posts

You know, I set an intention before bed every night. I find sleeping is another aspect of my day where I get a lot of work accomplished. I journey, do spiritual warfare, healing, and lately I have been having conversations with my recently departed mom and dad. Really, I talk to mom more, and in a couple of dreams my little one is there too, and she acknowledged they are gone, but she is having a conversation with them just the same.

I think because of the way she went that I just need some more time and convos with her, but she seems happy to be around. Maybe going to bed with intention to explore some area, learn something or do something will help the sleep come faster and for you to enjoy delta sleep time. I know it helps to not be a worrier. I have had a few nights in my life, I think maybe 4 or 5 that I could not sleep due to anxiety and it was awful. All I can say is deal with the situation and get closure. If closure is not possible work on releasing it.

25. Link to Post #34
    Thanks

Quote Posted by onawah (here)
    Cell phone towers and EMFs are definitely a factor in sleeplessness and mental clarity.
    I think it may be that for those with Chronic Fatigue, the body's relative motionless during hours of sleep may have something to do with perking up around bedtime.
    People with CFS need to move a lot to avoid the aches and pains that come with stiffness, which increases with motionless.
    It's why we feel so awful when we first get up.
    But after a day of moving around, we start to feel better!
    Feeling better, we don't want to go to bed, so a lot of us have very irregular sleep patterns.
    I always feel better at night, and usually don't feel tired enough to get to sleep until 3AM or so.
    But that's the case even if I get up early, which for me is 9AM.
    Though eventually, if I'm just sleeping 6 hours a night, I will "crash" and start needing at least 9 hours until I catch up on sleep.
    It's kind of a relief when I get into that kind of cycle though, because I'm so tired by the time I go to bed, there's no tossing and turning, trying to get to sleep.

I think it also has something to do with the fact that when most people are asleep is the time when I most like to be awake.
    The "air waves" are calmer and it's just generally more peaceful.
    Sundays are my favorite days because it's when most people are relaxing, so I feel more relaxed too, though, since I am not employed, there's not that much difference for me between workdays and weekends.
    People with CFS have more exposed nerve endings, and so are more sensitive to such things.
    For a long time, I was using homeopathic remedies to help me get to sleep.
    There was a Hyland's #23 that really helped for years, then it ceased to be effective. Coffea Cruda worked for a couple of years.
    I haven't found another one yet that works as well as those two did.
    I've tried lots of other things, but the homeopathic remedies were the best by far, for as long as they worked, at least.
    I can relate to everything you said here especially being up at night when the "air waves" are clear. I am wondering if the changes the earth is experiencing is affecting the amount of energy that people are giving off. Or perhaps, the amount of other peoples energy that we are absorbing?? I seem to just be hyper-sensative to everything in general lately anyway.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Sidney For This Post:

27. Link to Post #35
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,092 times in 20,639 posts

It sounds like we have several "human sponges" on this thread!
    I've been absorbing other people's energies all my life.
    I don't know if it's got worse for me, or if I've just developed enough tools to deal with it so I don't notice it's worse.
    I've always had more trouble sleeping on full moon nights, but if I can be outside and see the moon and meditate with the energy, I usually get pretty high from it, and don't feel as tired from lack of sleep.
    My best regular medicine is going for a walk in the woods near my home and sitting next to my favorite tree, and lying down on the earth next to it.
    I do it every day I can.
    I've seen it called "taking an air bath".
    It's a great way to release all the energies I've soaked up that aren't mine.
    It makes a huge difference in the way I feel.
    I doubt I would be able to survive in a city at this stage of my life.
    I always hated living in cities, and wanted only to be in the mountains, the woods or by the ocean.
    I like to be in caves too. I had probably the best meditation of my life in a virgin cave, and fell so much more in love with Gaia as a result of that.
    Well, off to bed and hopefully.....to sleep. Sweet dreams, fellow sponges...

28. The Following User Says Thank You to onawah For This Post:

meeradas (4th November 2011)

29. Link to Post #36
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,422 times in 3,394 posts

Hi Astrid- Could you elaborate a little bit on this statement about the processing? Would that be a little bit like being an empath only magnified to a certain extent? That could explain some things that I am going through in my current situation. (this is aside from the sleep thing).
    Those on the spiritual path often act as filters for other's energies
    when they get to a certain stage of cleaning out their own stuff.
    I have noticed this with myself, and also with others i know. We are here in part to anchor certain frequencies on the planet,
    to help with the earths shifts. But also we are here to help shift old patterns that so many have been stuck in life time after life time.
    If you have a friend who is stuck in a rut with issues, you can help them by just spending time with them, and sifting some of their stale energies.

I used to think it was much more work than that to help people,
    but the more i worked on my own stuff, the more i noticed that others i was connected to,
    started to evolve also, its pretty cool.

And for sure the path of least resistance.
    For years and years, i was doing things the hard way trying to push things uphill,
    it took me a while to figure it out, and all my learning has been experiential.
    I have theories on things then i might test them out on myself to see if they fly,
    if they work on me, then i try them on others also.

Processing your own stuff- there are many many ways to do it...
    it involves clearing out all of your blocks so you just become a clear vessel for energy to work through.
    Then you are just the channel, your ego is no longer an issue,
    because you have come to understand that you are just the vessel
    through which the energy flows through.
    The conscious mind was only ever meant to be a servant of the heart,
    through which most of our true power flows through.

It can be sometimes hard to articulate fully as most of the time these days
    i'm aware of being "used" , but i'm not sure of the mechanics exactly.
    I just trust in the universe and give myself totally over to be used as a tool for the highest good of the planet and its people.
    Last edited by astrid; 5th November 2011 at 08:29.
    The greatest privilege of a human life is to become a
    midwife to the awakening of the Soul in another person.”
    ~ Plato

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to astrid For This Post:

hohoemi (5th November 2011), meeradas (4th November 2011), onawah (4th November 2011), Ruby L. (4th November 2011), Sidney (4th November 2011)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2