+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 6

Thread: The Dyatlov Pass Incident

1. Link to Post #101
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,745 times in 956 posts

Default Re: The Dyatlov Pass Incident

Here is a russian website which is apparently dedicated to the Dyatlov Pass.

http://infodjatlov.narod.ru/

Perhaps a russian speaking / reading person might find out what injuries
    were found on the bodies.

be happy

lucidity

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to lucidity For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th January 2016), BMJ (16th April 2019), Constance (2nd July 2019), Foxie Loxie (1st September 2018), Spellbound (18th January 2016), tomfellows (18th January 2016), YoYoYo (17th January 2016)

3. Link to Post #102
    South Africa Avalon Member louisecroukamp's Avatar
    Thanks

They did make a movie called The Devil's Pass.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to louisecroukamp For This Post:

BMJ (28th June 2019), Foxie Loxie (1st September 2018), Spellbound (1st September 2018)

5. Link to Post #103
    Canada Avalon Member Spellbound's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,981 times in 940 posts

I watched this 17 min clip last night where they flush out the main possibilities (aliens, avalanche, etc). According to this clip, too much emphasis is given to the missing tongue by most people...and said that most everyone died of hypothermia, though there are some internal bodily damage which is explained by some members falling 3 meters. They theory that this clip comes up with is actually quite interesting giving reason for the members wanting out of the tent in such a hurry and cutting it open from the inside (I won't spill the beans but it actually does make a lot of sense...though I'd like to know a little bit more on the condition of the tent once found afterwards).

Very interesting hypotheses here. No aliens....no yeti (almasty)....no avalanche...no secret space program. Just some dumb luck and being trapped out in the middle of nowhere.

Dave - Toronto
    Last edited by Spellbound; 1st September 2018 at 01:41.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Spellbound For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st September 2018), BMJ (2nd September 2018), Constance (2nd July 2019), drneglector (1st September 2018), Foxie Loxie (1st September 2018), Mike (1st September 2018), norman (1st September 2018), Unicorn (1st September 2018)

7. Link to Post #104
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,853 times in 3,808 posts

8 men. 2 women. All young people, middle of nowhere, sharing a tent. 4 were intoxicated. Some were scantily clad.

Very well could have been the ego's and petty jealousies of 6 men competing for the 2 women, all fueled by alcohol. That seems inevitable actually. Men are stupid like that....even in those circumstances we'd fight for the attention of the females. Perhaps it was some sort of orgie gone awry. Sounds silly, but much more probable than aliens or Bigfoot.

Could be one of the boys was getting lucky with one of the women, and one or more of the others became jealous....a fight ensues, total melee, and during the scrum the tent collapses. Somebody or somebody's cuts open the collapsed tent to get away from all the chaos. Ultimately the others follow. Realizing the gravity of the situation, tensions between the fighting parties die down as the group now knows the focus must be on survival.

They make their way down the hill and into the forest in a relatively civil way, as the footprints indicate. But survival, ultimately, eludes them.

Some are found with injuries that might be explained if one considers my fighting hypothesis.
    Last edited by Mike; 1st September 2018 at 07:39.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

BMJ (2nd September 2018), Chip (15th April 2019), Constance (2nd July 2019), norman (1st September 2018), Spellbound (1st September 2018), Unicorn (1st September 2018), Valerie Villars (15th April 2019)

9. Link to Post #105
    Canada Avalon Member Spellbound's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,981 times in 940 posts

I think the idea of the tent filling up with smoke from a broken pipe from the stove they had inside makes some sense...thereby forcing them out of the tent so quickly without having time to put on proper clothes and cutting their way out from the inside. I'd be curious to know the state of the tent that was found afterwards....and if it was covered with smoke on the inside. When I watched that video the other night....I thought to myself....that actually makes some sense.

Dave - Toronto

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Spellbound For This Post:

BMJ (2nd September 2018), Chip (15th April 2019), Constance (2nd July 2019), Foxie Loxie (2nd September 2018), Mike (1st September 2018)

11. Link to Post #106
    Thanks
    Thanked 264,890 times in 19,463 posts

In Richard Dolan's recent (26 March, 2019) livestream, he talks about Russian UFOs. Tracey, with a great deal of energy and excitement, immediately wanted to launch into the Dyatlov Pass incident, which she'd been reading about. Her sister was a Canadian ski patrol leader with avalanche rescue experience, and had some interesting snippets to share.

You can hear Tracey talk about this from 3:50—11:15. Richard promises he'll get back to the topic later, and I've yet to see if he does (not watched the whole video). I'll update this post if he does.

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

avid (14th April 2019), BMJ (16th April 2019), Chip (15th April 2019), Constance (2nd July 2019), graciousb (14th April 2019), Ken (14th April 2019), Mike (14th April 2019), Yoda (14th April 2019)

13. Link to Post #107
    Thanks
    Thanked 93,647 times in 15,313 posts
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

avid (14th April 2019), Bill Ryan (14th April 2019), BMJ (16th April 2019), Chip (15th April 2019), Constance (2nd July 2019), Kryztian (16th April 2019), Magnus (17th April 2019), Mike (14th April 2019), Valerie Villars (15th April 2019)

15. Link to Post #108
    New Zealand Avalon Member HaveBlue's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,201 times in 314 posts

Quote Posted by Mike (here)
    8 men. 2 women. All young people, middle of nowhere, sharing a tent. 4 were intoxicated. Some were scantily clad.

Very well could have been the ego's and petty jealousies of 6 men competing for the 2 women, all fueled by alcohol. That seems inevitable actually. Men are stupid like that....even in those circumstances we'd fight for the attention of the females. Perhaps it was some sort of orgie gone awry. Sounds silly, but much more probable than aliens or Bigfoot.

Could be one of the boys was getting lucky with one of the women, and one or more of the others became jealous....a fight ensues, total melee, and during the scrum the tent collapses. Somebody or somebody's cuts open the collapsed tent to get away from all the chaos. Ultimately the others follow. Realizing the gravity of the situation, tensions between the fighting parties die down as the group now knows the focus must be on survival.

They make their way down the hill and into the forest in a relatively civil way, as the footprints indicate. But survival, ultimately, eludes them.

Some are found with injuries that might be explained if one considers my fighting hypothesis.
    Question Mr Moderator Mike? An observation,

'men are stupid like that'. SOME men most certainly are, usually young ones who are not quite there yet according to my opinion. There are older ones who are also not quite there yet too, but should know better anyway.

What if I make a post that has context but contains 'women are stupid like that'?
    Not even 'SOME women are stupid like that'. Would I need to be female in order to claim 'we women'?

What is a man?
    While I find the great Diogenes description amusing, I prefer this one according to Rudyard Kipling, 1865 - 1936 definition which I am in total agreement.. and it gives me the excuse to post this, of which I never tire, but do not always adhere to myself. ( I'm always looking too good and talking too wise, I must stop that!)

If you can keep your head when all about you
    Are losing theirs and blaming it on you;
    If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
    But make allowance for their doubting too;
    If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
    Or, being lied about, don’t deal in lies,
    Or, being hated, don’t give way to hating,
    And yet don’t look too good, nor talk too wise;

If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;
    If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim;
    If you can meet with triumph and disaster
    And treat those two impostors just the same;
    If you can bear to hear the truth you’ve spoken
    Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
    Or watch the things you gave your life to broken,
    And stoop and build ‘em up with wornout tools;

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
    And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
    And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;
    If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
    To serve your turn long after they are gone,
    And so hold on when there is nothing in you
    Except the Will which says to them: “Hold on”;

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
    Or walk with kings—nor lose the common touch;
    If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you;
    If all men count with you, but none too much;
    If you can fill the unforgiving minute
    With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run—
    Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
    And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HaveBlue For This Post:

BMJ (16th April 2019), Constance (2nd July 2019), Mike (28th June 2019), Valerie Villars (15th April 2019)

17. Link to Post #109
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,417 times in 1,222 posts

Another Theory on the Dyatlov Pass Incident — This One Involves Crazed Deer
    Paul Seaburn June 22, 2019
    https://mysteriousuniverse.org/2019/...s-crazed-deer/

The mysterious deaths of nine skier/hikers in the northern Ural Mountains of the former Soviet Union which have come to be known as the Dyatlov Pass Incident have been investigated, debated, covered up, exposed, re-investigated and blamed on everything from an avalanche to Yeti to military tests to aliens to forest spirits to anything and everything in-between. What is generally accepted is that the primary cause of their death was hypothermia … but why did they run out into the cold? A new video connects dots from other theories and comes up with a new one involving crazed deer.

Quote Morning February 1, 1959, about 10 hours. After the construction of the warehouse, a group of Igor Dyatlov came out along the road to the valley of the r. Lozva to walk along the river (according to the route developed by yourself) to the foot of Mount Otorten. Having reached the lowlands of the river, the group was forced to drastically change the route due to unknown circumstances (presumably due to the fact that it was impossible to pass the stretch of track in the lowlands).
    As you may have figured out, that’s a Google translation of the Russian introduction to the video uploaded to YouTube by Pohvistnevo-Inform. (Watch the video here.) It combines real photos from Igor Dyatlov’s team with a narration to build its case for what the makers of the video believe happened after the hikers became trapped on Mount Holatchakhl.

Quote Someone on duty saw a rocket in the sky and took a picture, which many received the lighted part of the frame.”
    The first dots connected are a photo of a bright light in the sky which is linked to an actual launch of a military R-5M rocket at the same time on the same date. According to a document identified as the RVSN Handbook “on which the chronological index of rocket launches for the period 1947-1959 is published,” that particular launch “ended in an accident.” However, the consequences were far worse for the hikers on the mountain, one of whom photographed what may have been the flash.

Quote Not far from the tent at that time, according to the testimony of witnesses, Anyamov deer grazed. Frightened deer rushed in the direction of Mount Holatchahl. When a herd of deer runs into a snowstorm with a visibility of 1-2 meters, they stumble upon a tent of tourists, who receive fatal injuries when a three hundred pound carcass of a deer falls.”
    There you have it. The flash of an aborted military rocket launch spooked a nearby herd of deer, causing them to severely panic (one headline used the word ‘rabid’ but it appears they meant ‘crazed’) and run in the darkness directly into the tents containing the hikers — who sustained some of the serious and puzzling injuries later found on the corpses — who then panicked themselves and cut their way out of the tents, walking and stumbling confused and wounded into the frigid darkness.

Plausible? Yes. Have these dots ever been connected in this way and that theory been presented before? That’s possible. Has anyone ever produced a video proposing it? No, which is why we’re talking about it now. While that scenario could explain the start of their end, what happened next to the hikers?

Quote What happened next and how the tourists died (as a result of frostbite) is described in detail in the materials of the criminal case.”

That’s not exactly true. While it’s been generally accepted that there was no crime associated with the deaths, there’s still no general agreement on the causes for the many strange circumstances found at the site over time and through various investigations.

It’s an interesting video and theory. It’s still a few dots shy of a proof.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

BMJ (28th June 2019), Constance (2nd July 2019), Mike (28th June 2019)

19. Link to Post #110
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,853 times in 3,808 posts

haveblue, sorry I missed your post there!

Yes, I would say it would be helpful to be a female if one wished to say "women are stupid like that", because it would have more of a humorous, self-deprecating flavor than a sexist, misogynistic one. Especially in the context of a post similar to mine.

Men are alike in some ways and different in others. Ditto women. There is some truth in generalities. I made that statement out of convenience. Otherwise I'd still be writing the post today ("some men can be stupid like that, but mostly men under 30, and certainly not me or my friend Will, we're reasonable guys, but perhaps this fella Chris I met at a Nirvana show back in '97 is stupid like that........")etc etc etc

Men have been fighting over women from the very beginning. And it's mostly stupid, I think LOL

Kryztian that is one theory I haven't heard yet. And I was certain I had heard them all!!

It sounds reasonable. I've always suspected that the explanation for the event would be anti-climatically pedestrian if we were to ever really discover it.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

BMJ (28th June 2019), Constance (2nd July 2019), Kryztian (28th June 2019)

21. Link to Post #111
    Hong Kong Avalon Member syrwong's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,106 times in 442 posts

To explain the well known mystery unexplained for many decades with human error and stupidity is like going back to the weather balloon explanation of Roswell. Just listen to the description of the conditions of their bodies when found at 3:30, and you can understand why it is one of the greatest mysteries.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to syrwong For This Post:

BMJ (28th June 2019), Constance (2nd July 2019), Kryztian (28th June 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 6