Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 5 11 LastLast

Thread: Euro will collapse, 'Pig States' to bring EU down

1. Link to Post #81
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,456 times in 404 posts

Default Re: Euro will collapse, 'Pig States' to bring EU down

Quote Posted by Swami (here)
    According to the webbot-guys a SHARKTOOTH-pattern will be going on untill around the 11th of August. Then we will see a steep decline in them markets...!
    Something (BIG) will also happen around the 8th of July,........according to them..............

http://www.grinningplanet.com/articl...s.htm#20100423
    Where exactly is the 11th August quote?
    I read about November being significant...

2. Link to Post #82
    Netherlands Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,172 times in 408 posts

Quote Posted by bashi (here)
    Where exactly is the 11th August quote?
    I read about November being significant...
    That my friend is info I got from somebody pretty close to them webbot-guys.......

3. Link to Post #83
    Greece Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 times in 519 posts

Omg i am so pissed... we are all so brain washed its sad... either most media and most analysts are on a pay roll or they really believe that this was inevitable and that if we try we will overcome this...

OMG how can we overcome this when we get deeper and deeper in that black hole? And i am not only talking about greece this is a EU thing... we are going deep in that black hole and we are still saying that we will be ok...

WHEN will the damn idiots ruling the EU nations wake up and see reality? They cant all be peons of TPTB... or are they? damn it...

4. Link to Post #84
    Thanks

Protesters attempt to storm Irish parliament

Quote Police say officers staffing the wrought-iron gates drew batons and forced back several dozen protesters. They said the protesters' injuries were minor and none were arrested.

Tens of billions' worth of dud property loans are being transferred from five Irish banks to a new government-run "bad bank." The government also has bought multi-billion stakes in Allied Irish Banks and Bank of Ireland.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...arliament.html

5. Link to Post #85
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Bankers jailed, sued as Iceland seeks culprits for crisis

More than a year and a half after Iceland's major banks failed, all but sinking the country's economy, police have begun rounding up a number of top bankers while other former executives and owners face a two-billion-dollar lawsuit.

Since Iceland's three largest banks -- Kaupthing, Landsbanki and Glitnir -- collapsed in late 2008, their former executives and owners have largely been living untroubled lives abroad.

But the publication last month of a parliamentary inquiry into the island nation's profound financial and economic crisis signaled a turning of the tide, laying much of the blame for the downfall on the former bank heads who had taken "inappropriate loans from the banks" they worked for.

On Wednesday, the administrators of Glitnir's liquidation announced they had filed a two-billion-dollar (1.6-billion-euro) lawsuit in a New York court against former large shareholders and executives for alleged fraud.

"I think this lawsuit is without precedence in Iceland," Steinunn Gudbjartsdottir, who chairs Glitnir's so-called winding-up board, told reporters in Reykjavik.

"It is about higher figures than we have ever seen," she said, adding that she expected Glitnir to file more lawsuits going forward, but that "it is unlikely any will be this big."

Glitnir said it was suing "Jon Asgeir Johannesson, formerly its principal shareholder, Larus Welding, previously Glitnir's chief executive, Thorstein Jonsson, its former chairman and other former directors, shareholders and third parties associates with Johannesson for fraudulently and unlawfully draining more than two billion dollars out of the bank."

The bank also said it was "taking action against its former auditors PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) for facilitating and helping to conceal the fraudulent transactions engineered by Johannesson and his associates, which ultimately led to the bank's collapse in October 2008."

Glitnir's suit, filed in the New York state Supreme Court on Tuesday, blamed most of the bank's woes on "Johannesson and his co-conspirators," who had "conspired to systematically loot Glitnir Bank in order to prop up their own failing companies."

Johannesson, the former owner of the now-defunct Baugur investment group with stakes in a number of British high street stores including Hamleys, Debenhams and House of Fraser, said he was shocked by the lawsuit.

"The distortions and the nonsense in the lawsuit are incredible," he told the Pressan news website.

Glitnir's administrators "can get a 10-year-prison sentence for misusing US courts in this manner," he insisted.

The bank's chief administrator Gudbjartsdottir took his comments in stride.

"I didn't expect him to be happy with the lawsuit," she said.

In addition to its New York suit, Glitnir said it had "secured a freezing order from the High Court in London against Jon Asgeir Johannesson's worldwide assets, including two apartments in Manhattan's exclusive Gramercy Park neighbourhood for which he paid approximately 25 million dollars."

Gudbjartsdottir said Johannesson had just 48 hours to come up with a satisfactory list of his assets.

"If he does not give the right information he faces a jail sentence," she said.

Four former Kaupthing executives, who all live in Luxembourg, have meanwhile been arrested in Iceland in the past week and Interpol has issued an international arrest warrant for that bank's ex-chairman, Sigurdur Einarsson.

Former head of the bank's domestic operations, Ingolfur Helgason, and former chief risk officer Steingrimur Karason were arrested late Monday on arrival from Luxembourg, just days after former Kaupthing boss Hreidar Mar Sigurdsson, along with Magnus Gudmunsson, who headed the bank's unit in Luxembourg, were taken into custody.

The 49-year-old Einarsson, who lives in London, said late Tuesday he had no plans to travel to Iceland to be arrested.

"I'm absolutely flabbergasted about the latest news," he told the Frettabladid daily.

"There is in my opinion no need for the arrests or custody rulings, and I will not of my own free will take part in the play that it appears is being staged to soothe the Icelandic people," he said.

"I'll put the human rights I enjoy here in Britain to the test and will not therefore come home (to Iceland) to these conditions without being forced," he added.
    http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1
    unquote

6. Link to Post #86
    Greece Avalon Member
    Thanks

The downfall of EU isnt going to stop. Just look at how many trillions they are loaning... all those euros are not something EU had ... its something that appeared out of nowhere and its something that need to be paid off + interest ... HOW? i mean most EU ppl are broke or will be shortly ....

I think that this 750 billion Euros or more was the final stone of EU grave. They sealed the end and now are started to make it happen... This isnt over with this bailout program this is where it starts.

7. Link to Post #87
    Deactivated
    Thanks

Gerald Celente: Banks robbing the people

8. Link to Post #88
    Deactivated
    Thanks

Heated Exchange in the Irish Parliament Over the Recent Bank Bailouts

Paul Gogarty from the Greens cursing in the Dail

9. Link to Post #89
    Poland Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,113 times in 244 posts

The Selling Out Of Germany <- great article that appeared on Zero Hedge

Quote In some ways it’s a battle of the politicians against the markets. That’s how I do see it. But I’m determined to win this battle.
    - Angela Merkel
    And we are the "Markets" ....
    Last edited by Luke; 15th May 2010 at 09:27. Reason: edited for clarity

10. Link to Post #90
    Thanks

As far as I've understood from reading various "expert" opinions on the situation, between the lines they are all saying that the situation is dire and there is no solution. The only thing keeping anything afloat is the illusion of things being ok, which is what the bailouts are for.
    Norwegian economical advisor tried to explain what the money was for and explained that they were used to build up confidence with the shady investors as to not make them back out of the market.

So they are using trillions to rebuild the illusion of business as usual, hoping that the general populations are too blind or dumbed down to even notice that it ain't working.

As for why they are doing it like that, I can only speculate.
    People always tell me I remind them so much of Sid (the wierd furry guy from Ice Age, you know), is that a good thing?

11. Link to Post #91
    Greece Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Lucrum (here)
    As far as I've understood from reading various "expert" opinions on the situation, between the lines they are all saying that the situation is dire and there is no solution. The only thing keeping anything afloat is the illusion of things being ok, which is what the bailouts are for.
    Norwegian economical advisor tried to explain what the money was for and explained that they were used to build up confidence with the shady investors as to not make them back out of the market.

So they are using trillions to rebuild the illusion of business as usual, hoping that the general populations are too blind or dumbed down to even notice that it ain't working.

As for why they are doing it like that, I can only speculate.
    So they know this is failling so they are bringing all ppl down ... so when the end comes and its official we will all be peniless and we wont even complain... we will have nothing to loose so they think they win again. Maybe they even think (they might be right ) that after this they can start a new system with ofc them on top and rulling again. So they will "save" us from the failed system and enslave us in a new "better" system. I hope we wake up before that.

12. Link to Post #92
    Greece Avalon Member
    Thanks

Here about USA ... i think they are in a worst spot that EU... they just try to hide their heads in the sand...

Meltup

13. Link to Post #93
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Everywhere you go it's business as usual, i have many friends all over the world, let me tell u this, they don't give much tought on the economic state and they think it's just gonna pass like it always has. They on a personal level aren't feeling the effects of this economic crisis around the globe. People will start questioning really seriously only when they can personaly FEEL the effects of no more money...

14. Link to Post #94
    Deactivated
    Thanks

"When it does all start coming apart and the dominoes do start falling, it is going to be a complete and total nightmare. Paper currencies around the globe will lose value at breathtaking speeds as central banks flood economies with cash in an attempt to stop the madness.
    But more debt and more paper never solves anything. All it does is make the long-term problems even worse.
    When the tipping point comes, things are going to move fast. Let's just hope that we all have a good bit more time to prepare before that happens."

http://www.businessinsider.com/why-t...-crisis-2010-5

So the Portugal/Italy/Spain spiral got a new member, the UK, now?

15. Link to Post #95
    Thanks

Last edited by Swami; 18th May 2010 at 17:08.

16. Link to Post #96
    Thanks

Thanks for that video, Swami~
    I've forwarded it on to those in my circle that I think *might* listen, as well as their website
    http://inflation.us/about.html
    I'm seriously looking into Silver.
    Blessings,
    Lee

PS Interestingly, I am not in fear about all this, as I might have been months ago. Something is afoot, changes are happening everywhere, and I'm doing my best to stay balanced and calm as I prepare as best I can...

17. Link to Post #97
    Greece Avalon Member
    Thanks

German now say no to the uncovered finacial atcks... erm are they fighting each other or is this to maintain the current situation and move the downfall of Euro as far to the future as possible?

Found a link : Germans Ban ... + Ban ...
    Last edited by Etherios; 19th May 2010 at 10:42.

18. Link to Post #98
    Poland Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,113 times in 244 posts

Actually NAKED short selling ban is quite reasonable .. all in all that means somebody can sell shares he does not own/borrowed and then buy shares that fallen in price (as a result, if batch is big enough). One of more questionable practices in the market.

Now, a ban on all short selling would be disaster, as these are "no confidence votes" for given company. When performed in normal way, that's very important economic indicator. banning all short selling would mean that prices can only rise .. wet dream for some politicians&shareholders, but major disaster for all else.

19. Link to Post #99
    Deactivated
    Thanks

Euro in Danger: Germans Trigger Panic Over Future of Single Currency

'Shocked European ministers are preparing for emergency talks to shore up the euro after markets fell in reaction to panic measures in Germany.
    Angela Merkel stunned EU capitals by warning that the euro was in danger and triggered fears of a fresh financial meltdown by announcing a ban on risky trading practices by speculators. The German Chancellor’s actions opened up new cracks in the single currency, drawing sharp criticism from France and prompting Brussels to issue an appeal for unity.'

Read more: Euro in Danger: Germans Trigger Panic Over Future of Single Currency

unquote

20. Link to Post #100
    Deactivated
    Thanks

There is MASSIVE intervention going on to strengthen (yank up) the Euro.
    This intervention came outside the banking time of Europe.
    It likely came from the CB of Japan and is an artifical market disruption by itself:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 5 11 LastLast