+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 7 9 LastLast

Thread: What Is A Shaman and What Does A Shaman Do?

1. Link to Post #121
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,075 times in 1,638 posts

Default Re: What Is A Shaman and What Does A Shaman Do?

Thanks Ishtar!

Since Saturn is prominent in my chart, and actually 9eagle9 i was born into a "Saturn Box" 12 house Saturn conj Asc square MC, Mars conj Saturn trine Venus in Cap and Jupiter in Cap I suppose this spagyric doesn't only work on the Saturn returns but also any time and at any Saturn transit?

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to transiten For This Post:

Calz (12th November 2011), eaglespirit (12th November 2011), markoid (12th November 2011)

3. Link to Post #122
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,307 times in 610 posts

Yes, transiten, you don't need to be experiencing your Saturn Return to benefit from a spagyric made from a herb governed by Saturn. But I do recommend taking it on the hour of Saturn which changes daily. You can work out which hour it is from the Planetary Chart here. Just count the hours from sunrise ~ for instance, today Saturn is most prominent in hours 1 (sunrise) 8, 15 and 22) and of course, today is also Saturn's day.
    Last edited by Ishtar; 12th November 2011 at 11:39.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ishtar For This Post:

Calz (12th November 2011), eaglespirit (12th November 2011), markoid (12th November 2011), transiten (12th November 2011)

5. Link to Post #123
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Ishtar (here)
    Yes, transiten, you don't need to be experiencing your Saturn Return to benefit from a spagyric made from a herb governed by Saturn. But I do recommend taking it on the hour of Saturn which changes daily. You can work it from the Planetary Chart here. Just count the hours from sunrise ~ for instance, today Saturn is most prominent in hours 1 (sunrise) 8, 15 and 22) and of course, today is also Saturn's day.
    Thanks Ishtar!

And on Saturday, how appropriate! My life is an endless stream of almost a parallell life of synchronicities helping me feel connected, even if when they first appeared in my life i followed them down to Hell....Did i have a choice at that time? Could i have choosen differently? Or was this something i had decided already before incarnating?

I actually came in contact with schamanism in 1982 when a fellow shoolmate gave me a cassette with some of Harners teachings...and now slow Mercury soon going retro brought Harner back in this thread!

This schoolmate was very special and warmhearted and died soon after, as for me i was in a crisis and rather self fixated (still am) and although searching/working/singing for Peace and Harmony I had to meet this meditation psychopath from another lifetime on Cuba to cut the bond, i was told by a Medium that was also my teacher.

I must admit i find shamanism to be a rather "rough" form of spirituality esp. after my friend told me of her ayahuasca experience in Peru although surveilled by an initiated schaman.
    I would never dare to expose myself to that considering my hellish experiences.
    This is not judgemental, it might work well for others.
    Last edited by transiten; 12th November 2011 at 11:36.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to transiten For This Post:

Calz (12th November 2011), eaglespirit (12th November 2011), Ishtar (12th November 2011), Lisab (12th November 2011), markoid (12th November 2011)

7. Link to Post #124
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,024 times in 3,784 posts

People who have done a lot of work on themselves don't typically experience ayahuasca hell. It cleans up the inner landscape and if someone has already excavated and bent their ego a little bit the experience is not quite so intense and sometimes doesn't even have the surreal otherworldly quality that some may experience but will still work. One is not forced to confront what is no longer is owned by them and the experience is entirely different. If one has worked out their demons prior to the rite there's a marked difference in how some experience it.. People who overlay a conscious veneer of peace over their fear conditioning may have a rough ride because that is form of denial of self. It's fast ejection of crud though that one would otherwise have to invest patient hours of self reflection in .

But....there's other plant helper rites similar to ayahuasca that have the same effect and results but are of shorter duration and you can be pulled from the journey if it gets too intense. And some that work over weeks in a very mild expression without the psycho intense inner visions.

We approach these things with the understanding that these rites are developed in cultures that maintained an inner life that was closer to their origins. People didn't get so far away from themelves so the experience isn't so rattling for them. For people in the West who seemed like they wanted to eradicate all forms of natural expression I'm sure its a pretty 'rough' ride . Westernized people have a peculiar way of taking every fable and iota of information and incorporating it as a belief system instead of remaining detached from it and viewing it as a matter of interest, noting the wisdom contained within without embracing it as part of their conscious structure. They aborb everything externally artificial and eventually that stuff has to be purged if one desires an authentic expression. Literally setting baggage down abruptly.

When all those opposing constructs comes down its rough and probably painful as we invest our self identity in them.

8. Link to Post #125
    Thanks

Thanks for the input 9eagle9!

Just want to clarify that the traumatic experience with the brainwashing psychopath guru had nothing to do with my schoolmate and the cassette about Harner and schamanism!

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to transiten For This Post:

Calz (12th November 2011), eaglespirit (12th November 2011), Lisab (12th November 2011)

10. Link to Post #126
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by 9eagle9 (here)
    Souls do not have DNA and do not follow bloodlines. They don't need to as they are beyond that.

As far as we know souls don't have DNA but the soul influences DNA. Akashic energy is quite quite a lot like DNA information and that isn't a coincedence. Not something I'd care to close my mind to by creating this condtion that the soul does or does not have.All our non physical existences are reflected here in the material world because the soul knows many of us don't have access to the non physical. You can tell a lot about what is happening in non physical realms by looking out into one's environment....someone noted this by saying 'as it is above so it is below. '

All souls enter a bloodline. I haven't noticed any bloodless humans walking around lately. Please show me one.

If souls are 'beyond all that' why are they still permeating a physical shell? Because the consciouness is not aware of all the soul knows because of ....conditions. Beliefs that are held in consciouness or subconciousness. We are not aware of most of the beliefs we hold.

One can consciously arrange for their next incarnation in this lifetime. Didn't one Buddha come into many Buddha Bodies? How are Dali Lami's chosen. Who does those things. A certain race of people. But other bloodlines have been observed doing this for a reason. A trait that is peculiar to the bloodlines I've observed but doesn't mean limited to those bloodlines or races. Is reincarnation random or ....does the soul have something to do with it. If it's all knowing I'm sure it would choose to enter a bloodline . One reason is that bloodline may bring the closed mind in a bit closer to the circumstances of who and what it really is. A child raised in a shamanically generational family would have certain early insights into things that the white bread child raised next door to a 7-11 wouldn't.

How helping others can be turned in a "slave mentality" is beyond me. I just don't even understand that.

When you do understand that very basic conditioning of the human psyche let me know and we will go over it when we've reached a common frame of reference. Most people who are just entered the realms of alternative news and spirituality understand that we were conditioned to be slaves, we work to give it all away to someone in the form of taxes, fines, surcharges. Or for free. Know to ask nothing for ourselves is a virtue so its just easier for them to lead us by our noses. The PTB managed to infiltrate the new age though paradigms and insert it there.. It's WHY we do something for free that is the kicker. What we don't understand is how subtle and insidous slave mentality is.

What I am about is trying to assist Humans to recognize and get out of the boxes that have them trapped.

How do you do that if you are just the vessel and not doing anything? Trying implicates some effort on your part. Perhaps we are bit involved in the process than we are conditoned to believe? And that too is part of the paradigm of slave mentality. We are Just vessels to carry out a function for a higher authority call it God or call it ...Mastah.

Our personal efforts mean nothing in relation to some 'higher' authority? Are these same people the ones they are going to Heaven as a reward for doing nothing? lol.

We are supposed to more be the higher authority espeially if we are possessed of a soul that is 'beyond all that.' If the soul is our higher authority it seems it would give us a higher authority in these dealings.

What are the boxes? Conditions? Do we assist them out of their conditioned boxes by applying more conditions? How? If you don't know what the slave mentality conditioning is how are you going to help someone recognize it when you don't know what it is yourself. It is one of the most subtle, common and insidious filters that we have because its been imbedded in the human psyche for thousands of years. It is insidous how it so subtly manifests itself.

IMO, too much time is spent looking backward and not enough looking forward.

In my personal opinion too much time is spent with the mind fixated on the past and the future when the soul is allegedly timeless and doesn't acknowledge either value ..Is something that is alleged to be eternal worried about time?. You said the soul was beyond all that. So what is looking forward to the future ...the soul or the mind. Must be the mind since the you stated the soul was beyond all 'that'. Past and future is also clever mind trick to keep someone from being in the present. The future is created in the now, the present. or is that all just another catchphrase that we repeat because it sounds handy.

My soul contains the knowledge I need for my own soul path.

That's great so we don't need teachers anymore. Terrific well that's all settled.
    but.....

....what if certain conditions are preventing the consciousness from acessing what the soul knows. Which is sort of the point of this topic?

.....thousands of years of observation tells us .....We don't drop our baggage we set our conditions down and then pick up a whole new set of light sounding conditions and think its a spiritual journey. The soul isn't supposed to have conditions, those are values of a physical existence. Again if one cannot differentiate between the two we get all those opposing core beliefs or...conditions. Confusion and conflict over that confusion. We identify with the belief system and we think we are the belief. We invest that much in the belief that we close ourselves to any other possiblity and limit ourselves. Give the higher self something to do and it will do it and all this discourse becomes unneccesary.

This is where all the conflict comes from. Our conditions. A spiritual experience tends to level the playing field. Our physical and consciouness experiences all seem to vary wildly and differently, causing confllct because we are still very much attached to the physical and give it greater importance than the soul. The mind creates conflict. Conflict we have. If the soul creates conflict there's not much point in attempting to access it as it will just bring us right round to where we are now.

[B]Humans over think the spiritual. They get trapped by their mind/egos into boxes that they never escape from. The time has come to get out of those boxes and get ready for the ascension...and we do not have much time in order to do this.

Humans perhaps should not think about the spiritual at all and just let it express itself without imposing judgements and conditions on it. The soul has all the time in the world if it is actually timeless as we have been led to beleive. The physical body may not but its not supposed to be very important anyway.

What does ascenscion mean? Literally? Until someone came along and put a condtions and a new meaning on it.

Animals, Plants, Stones...everything but Humans are far ahead of us in this respect.

Because they lack our sort of conditioning.

Animals , plants, stones they know all about having animal , plant and stone experiences and somehow managed to squeeze in knowing all about the human experience too??!!!

Angels, Spirits, Dead People, Aliens EVERYONE knows more about the human experience than those actually having it!! Let's ask what sorts of belief systems and conditions a rock has.

The things that these animals, plants and stones have in common is they aren't fixated on their belief systems. No one instilled a belief in a stone to teach it how to be a stone. It just sort of naturally expressed itself that way .

I am not even going to go through this long post to post answers to all of it.

I stand by everything I posted. From what you have posted, you are still in a Human box. I suggest that you look at what you wrote about stones and learn from that.

People that try to find proof of their beliefs from either past times or science are allowing their mind/ego to take over and control their souls. Lest you assume I am some woo-woo nut job, I hold a degree in Biology/Microbiology...so I probably understand some of this stuff better than you do.

Also, I fail to understand the "bloodline" importance that you keep posting about. It is part of the physical, not the spiritual. I don't know about you, but my soul drives my physical existence...not the other way around so physical stuff that seems important to some of you just doesn't bother me at all because it is merely a diversion.

I repeat: "Have the courage to look into the unknown without flinching."

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to animalspirits For This Post:

eaglespirit (12th November 2011), Lisab (12th November 2011), markoid (12th November 2011)

12. Link to Post #127
    Thanks

Quote Posted by transiten (here)

Just want to clarify that the traumatic experience with the brainwashing psychopath guru had nothing to do with my schoolmate and the cassette about Harner and schamanism!
    Did you do any work in the Harner method...such as soul retrieval? Just wondered...

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to animalspirits For This Post:

eaglespirit (12th November 2011), markoid (12th November 2011)

14. Link to Post #128
    Thanks

Quote Posted by animalspirits (here)
    Quote Posted by transiten (here)

Did you do any work in the Harner method...such as soul retrieval? Just wondered...
    Thanks for asking. No, i was coming from the-rapist ashes right into the fire of the brainwashing guru.

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to transiten For This Post:

animalspirits (12th November 2011), Calz (12th November 2011), eaglespirit (12th November 2011), Lisab (12th November 2011), markoid (12th November 2011), modwiz (13th November 2011)

16. Link to Post #129
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,180 times in 2,653 posts

People who have done a lot of work on themselves don't typically experience ayahuasca hell. It cleans up the inner landscape and if someone has already excavated and bent their ego a little bit the experience is not quite so intense and sometimes doesn't even have the surreal otherworldly quality that some may experience but will still work. One is not forced to confront what is no longer is owned by them and the experience is entirely different. If one has worked out their demons prior to the rite there's a marked difference in how some experience it.. People who overlay a conscious veneer of peace over their fear conditioning may have a rough ride because that is form of denial of self. It's fast ejection of crud though that one would otherwise have to invest patient hours of self reflection in .

But....there's other plant helper rites similar to ayahuasca that have the same effect and results but are of shorter duration and you can be pulled from the journey if it gets too intense. And some that work over weeks in a very mild expression without the psycho intense inner visions.

We approach these things with the understanding that these rites are developed in cultures that maintained an inner life that was closer to their origins. People didn't get so far away from themelves so the experience isn't so rattling for them. For people in the West who seemed like they wanted to eradicate all forms of natural expression I'm sure its a pretty 'rough' ride . Westernized people have a peculiar way of taking every fable and iota of information and incorporating it as a belief system instead of remaining detached from it and viewing it as a matter of interest, noting the wisdom contained within without embracing it as part of their conscious structure. They aborb everything externally artificial and eventually that stuff has to be purged if one desires an authentic expression. Literally setting baggage down abruptly.

When all those opposing constructs comes down its rough and probably painful as we invest our self identity in them.
    Very, very good sharing, 9eagle9...Thank You!
    I volunteered at a cultural center in Peru for 6 months in 2010. I did many ceremonies with ayahuasca and san pedro. And my personal experiences and visions and connections are in rhythm with your sharing. I had 'thrown in the towel' with alcohol and drugs 23 years ago...and did the work to look deeply at myself and my own doings as to my discontent with people and life in general back then.
    I had enlightening experiences with ayahuasca and did not regurgitate at any time with that medicine doing more than a dozen of ceremonies.
    San Pedro was my medicine for connection...as ayahuasca put me on a 'drunk' and I did not feel in control, hints of my old drinking days for me personally...but I got what I needed from the experiences.
    Now san pedro...well...it was a wonderful enhancer of my path and learning and connecting...and it did not put me on a 'drunk' and I felt much more in control of my sensing. I actually finished a beautiful dream from 2007 during my 3rd ceremony...a wonderful culmination and solidification of listening to my higher promptings on my journey.
    Sooo...just wanted to share a bit because it goes along with Your sharing here : )

Thank You...to All in this thread!
    Last edited by eaglespirit; 12th November 2011 at 13:32.

17. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to eaglespirit For This Post:

Calz (12th November 2011), Ishtar (12th November 2011), Lisab (12th November 2011), Lord Sidious (12th November 2011), markoid (12th November 2011), modwiz (13th November 2011), transiten (12th November 2011)

18. Link to Post #130
    United States Avalon Member Sebastion's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,066 times in 640 posts

Greetings and salutations! I find it necessary to jump in here with some observations which may be helpful.
    I see three very knowledgeable people here sharing their own unique perspectives and insights. It is all good and the little things which you don't see eye to eye on are trivial, seemingly in importance. All of you have contributed some really cool stuff and I for one, am grateful for it! Might I say that each one's unique perspective adds to the whole rather then detracts? Let any who follow in the paths you have chosen to describe choose for themselves what is truth for them along the way, as they will do in any event, anyway! I extend my thanks to all of you!

19. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Sebastion For This Post:

animalspirits (12th November 2011), Calz (12th November 2011), eaglespirit (12th November 2011), Lisab (12th November 2011), Lord Sidious (12th November 2011), markoid (12th November 2011), Spirithorse (12th November 2011), transiten (12th November 2011)

20. Link to Post #131
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Sebastion (here)
    Greetings and salutations! I find it necessary to jump in here with some observations which may be helpful.
    I see three very knowledgeable people here sharing their own unique perspectives and insights. It is all good and the little things which you don't see eye to eye on are trivial, seemingly in importance. All of you have contributed some really cool stuff and I for one, am grateful for it! Might I say that each one's unique perspective adds to the whole rather then detracts? Let any who follow in the paths you have chosen to describe choose for themselves what is truth for them along the way, as they will do in any event, anyway! I extend my thanks to all of you!
    Sebastion,

A mere thank you doesn't seem to be enough...so here is an additional one:

21. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to animalspirits For This Post:

Calz (12th November 2011), eaglespirit (12th November 2011), Lisab (12th November 2011), Lord Sidious (12th November 2011), markoid (12th November 2011), modwiz (13th November 2011), Sebastion (12th November 2011)

22. Link to Post #132
    Thanks

I much enjoyed your post too that perspective of the Fey. I have essentially come to know what you stated about the Sidhe. Inhabiting a place called Sidhe Duir made it hard for me to ignore this espeically when the fey prohibit me from punishing my daugher periodially...lol.

We are acutally sentient animals so what is the essential difference between man, animal and the sidthe?. It would seem like we are a composite, having attributes of all three. At one time the Elves were a race of humanoids who were sentient animals . They did not have the conditions and judgements that humans have to today.

Animal ego's are meant for proetection, it serves them, and is meant to keep them from harm. We have one of these too, a primal instinct to leap out of the way when a car is about to hit us. It was necessary for us to have this if we were to inhabit a physical world . Otherwise we'd just stand around--durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrh--while trees fell on us. We'd not last long without that mechanism.

That particular race knew the soul could be used to create, soul forging it was called. It did a lot of things, like create offspring or fashion dwellings from living trees. Repair living organic densities. Less about their consciouness and more about their awareness.

Human are often times more aware of reality when unconsious. Dreams, things of that nature.

But overgrowth of the ego and the consciousness it premeates has become a central driving navigational device that doesn't serve us. We don't see the world the way it really is, its trandlated by our consciouness. Thats why some call it an illusionary world. A deer's ego is a very primal survibal mechanism and causes it to run to preserve itself. Man's ego serves only itself. It really doesn't care about the form its inhabiting as long as the ego is safe. The ego doesn't much like us seeking out a higher intelligeince because that higher intelligence may begin to guide us to places where the ego doesn't feel safe. It would even cause the diminishment of the ego. It is very attached to the physical/ material world and doesn't want this soul forge , this bridge filling in the gap.

And somewhere along the way someone(s) discovered our egos could be manipulated to serve THEM.

That is the essential nature of humans we are sentient animals , composite of animal, spirit, and sentiency, this is what the Sidhe have shown.

So no I don't agree with Asencion as suddenly evaporting into a light body. Or people shifting overnight into angels. That is a new age concept; its core values or conditions aren't new, but rooted in conventional Christianity--Rapture Stories and the Human Form of Jesus ascending up into the heavens. If one pauses to examine their belief systems for flaws one realizes that ascending means what it has always meant --rising. WE rise when we grow lighter. Set our conditions down. I'm not sure what the value of suddenly turing into a beam of light would serve in the physical realms. We'd not be able to interact with it very well. Very much more tuned in beings manage to know of their higher intellgience or retain it , like the Fey, without evaporating into a ball of light. Animals too for that matter. We should know this by observation but we tend to be led astray easily. For some reason we can't trust what we know.

We use our lower form intelligence, Ascencion basically means rising . Not flying off the face of the earth but rising into our higher intelligence. WE may not drop the physical form but we may realize that its not our only state of expression or existence. If we are going to live on the physical expression of the earth and interact with it we need some density. The thing is it doesn't have to be limited to density .

There is this story and I can't remember how I came to know about it , if someone else related it to me or I sorta picked it up along the way. This story related that when man began to fall away from the truth of themselves, , they began to quickly cast off certain aspects of themselves in order to preserve them from destruction. Actual physical vessels to preserve these attributes took physical form and ran away to hide from what Man was becoming to preserve this knowledge and characters so it could be given back to them at some future point in time. Those vessels were animals. And each animal is known for a certain attribute .

I like this story, I don't have to beleive it. Or disbelieve it. And its a metaphor for when we take medicines from animals. That much is certain when we work with animals physical or totemic they tend to awaken in us certain attributes associated with them.

9eagle9, fantastic post! Thank you!

While we're talking about animals and plants being ahead of humans in terms of realising their true natures, I'd like to add in something which I haven't mentioned before.

Another piece of work I do is for the Land. I'm sure you know that there are a quite few shamans that work on the Land with the dragon currents (which have become known in common parlance as 'leylines') and that leylines are a bit like the meridians or nadis of the body which are part of the acupuncture system or yoga.

During my work on the Land around here, I have come into contact with the spirits of the Land, and in fact, no work on the Land is possible without their help as that is their area of governance. These spirits are known in Celtic culture as the Fae (faeries), Sidhe, the Gentry or the Little People (although they are not that little and some of them are huge) but they are known by other names in different cultures.

The wisdom they have been teaching me is about the desired triumvirate alliance between the three peoples: the human people, the Fae people and the animal people. The Fae are a much older, stellar race than us, they tell me ... in other words, they 'fell from the stars' before we did. But they are not people of the sun and their inner worlds in the Earth are starlit. Time for them goes much more slowly too, and they've learned over tens of thousands of years to hide themselves from man, for all the reasons that we're already aware of ~ because he's trashing the environment by squandering the resources and trying to control Nature instead of working alongside and with it ~ and they say that makes man very dangerous to be around and also to himself.

So they tell me that we are here to learn and to evolve into a triumvirate alliance of man, fae and animal. They say that that the animals are already there and the Fae are now waiting for man, who is lagging behind, to wake up to his true nature (perhaps that's what you mean by 'ascend'? Some spiritual systems call it self-realisation or enlightenment.) Anyway, once man has woken up to find his natural place in the cosmos, he will then have the vision and understanding to appreciate the value of all Life, to see Spirit in all Life, and thus to respect and honour all Life.

If anyone would like to know more about the Fae, I have written an article about it and can reproduce it here.

23. Link to Post #133
    Thanks

Thanks, 9eagle9. Agree with every word of that although the story at the end ... hmmm.... l'll have to chew on that one a bit more. I also had to laugh about the Fae not letting you punish your daughter as in my case, I got into trouble for the opposite, for not being firm enough with her. I tend to be too soft on her... and I was told off about it.

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ishtar For This Post:

Calz (12th November 2011), eaglespirit (12th November 2011), Lisab (12th November 2011), Lord Sidious (12th November 2011), markoid (12th November 2011), transiten (12th November 2011)

25. Link to Post #134
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,180 times in 2,653 posts

I much enjoyed your post too that perspective of the Fey.

If anyone would like to know more about the Fae, I have written an article about it and can reproduce it here.
    Hi 9eagle9...Hi Ishtar, Wishing You Well!

Ishtar, I would love to read Your article of the Fae. Thank You ahead...if You reproduce it here!

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to eaglespirit For This Post:

Calz (12th November 2011), Ishtar (12th November 2011), Lisab (12th November 2011), Lord Sidious (12th November 2011), markoid (12th November 2011), Sebastion (12th November 2011)

27. Link to Post #135
    Thanks

Thank you eaglespirit. I need no further encouragement because I love talking about the Fae.

Having said that, this article doesn't go that deep as it is more in the way of an introduction to the much misunderstood subject of magical lore. The best two authors on this subject are R J Stewart (who just happens to live up the road from me) and Orion Foxwood. I seriously recommend any of their books on the Fae or the Sidhe, but anyway, this may whet the appetite and the pictures are really trippy!

LUCIFER, THE FAE AND THE INITIATION INTO THE UNDERWORLD

One of the things I love to teach is the shamanic journey into the Underworld, the purpose of which is to gain guidance, information and healing. Make no mistake, the spirits that live there are real creatures and, even though we have been taught to forget their existence, the inhabitants of the Underworld have never forgotten ours.

The Underworld is a real place; one we visit regularly but one we quickly forget. Any inspired work of art or great musical masterpiece or magnificently designed building started off life as an idea in the Underworld, the nation of images, known to us as the Imagi Nation. Einstein and many other great scientists derived their greatest inspiration from the Underworld.

The shaman apprentice is taught to use what we’ve come to call our Imagi Nation to begin the initiatory journey into the Nation of Images or the Underworld. By using archetypal images to begin, and with a notional letter of recommendation from the shaman, a call sign is sent out to the denizens of the Underworld. And they pick it up and come and collect the journeyer.

After that, we’re no longer in control of the journey, but are taken by the spirits to be shown various phenomena — landscapes, paintings, movies etc — pictures which speak a thousand words, in unimaginably vivid colours, in the form of metaphorical messages for us to unravel. It’s Through the Looking Glass writ large. It’s the Mother Jefferson Starship of all Trippy Artwork.

Sometimes, the spirits speak directly to us. We may hear it as a voice in our ear. Usually, the voice speaking uses an archaic way of expressing themselves. At other times, it’s more like an instantaneous download. Sometimes, they will put writing in front of us, oftentimes scrolling up like the credits after a film. They love poetry and rhyme and puns.

So who are these spirits we meet in the Underworld? Well, the Underworld is part of the Dreaming Seed of the Land, albeit that it exists in a dimension that we’re generally unaware of. The Land is part of a dream of the Great Mother and it is there that we find the Underworld. All you have to do is dream. A shamanic journey is a more controlled dream.

The spirits of the Land are made up of two kinds of spirits: the Fae and the Ancestors.

The Fae

The Fae, (otherwise known as the Sidhe or the Gentry or the Little People or the Tuatha da Danaan), are also known as the faeries. So yes, we really do have faeries living at the bottom of our gardens, although they rarely look like the tiny gossamer winged Tinkerbell of Victorian fantasies, or Moth and Peaseblossom of Shakespeare’s Midsummer Night’s Dream. On the contrary, some of them are huge. Some are even covered in fur. But mainly, they look very much like you and me and if you passed one on the street when you were in a hurry, you may not even notice them.

The Fae are spirits of the Land and are not to be confused with goddesses or angels.

The Riders of the Sidhe, by John Duncan

Another name for the Fae is the Elders, because they fell from the stars at a much earlier Time than we did, and their experience of Time is very different to ours.

The Fae fell from the stars at what’s known in magical circles as the First Utterance. They followed Lucifer in Her fall to Earth, and they protect Lucifer now as She lies in the Land sleeping. Yes, Lucifer is a woman, otherwise known as the Sleeper In The Land, or Sleeping Beauty.

At the Second Utterance, the animals fell to Earth and at the Third, humans fell.

This is the true meaning of the Fall which we find in much mythological literature. It was nothing to do with sinning or being banished from Heaven. That was a much later Christian idea designed to twist the true pagan lore out of all recognition, so that the Church could control the narrative.

Listen up here today because this is the true narrative of the pagan magical lore. You won’t find it in the history books because history hasn’t happened yet.

Lucifer, otherwise known as the Bright One, is sleeping in the Earth and is protected by a briar rose thorn thicket. She will only awake when the Three Utterances — man, animal and faery — come together in Harmony and Love to create the Fourth Utterance. This is the kiss which will awaken the Sleeping Beauty.

Enchantment of the Land
    The Land is enchanted. There have been perpetual choirs chanting since the Elders first fell from the stars, singing to maintain the sacristy of the Land. The vibrations of the sound created by the perpetual choirs set up protective sonar walls around sacred sites. In Glastonbury, the Fae sing continually, in a sort of folksong-cum-military marching band style, about how they “forever defend the Glassy Wall”. I know because I’ve heard them.

The Ancestors
    We also find our Ancestors in the Underworld, infinitely long, winding and snaking lines of DNA groupings going back tens of thousands of years. When I first met my Ancestors, on my first initiation into the Underworld, they were all lined up along a very long river bank which snaked across the Earth, and I flew over their heads. They were waving and cheering. I didn’t know why …. until we got to the end of the line, and I was shown a family funeral which I had attended on a year before. I was shown that there had been a curse on the family for thousands of years, and I was the one who was going to break it.

I also found my relationship to the Ancestors to be an enormous source of strength when I was undergoing difficulties with my immediate birth family. Even though many family members turned against me, the Ancestors stood by me and without that inner strength they gave me, I’m sure I would have completely lost the plot. (Of course, some of you reading this may think I already have :-) ) Shortly after my father joined the Ancestors, he came to me in a journey to thank me, from the bottom of his heart, for all I had done and was doing.

How to Reach the Underworld
    So how do you get there, to meet the Fae and the Ancestors? Well, you will need to be initiated by a shaman. The shaman’s presence during the proceedings acts as your letter of recommendation. There are also certain protocols that have been laid down by those who’ve gone before us along this well-trodden path, and the shaman will be able to teach you those.

The shaman will also make sure that you know how to conduct yourself — in getting into the Underworld, in how you are when you’re there, and in the all-important getting back.

Initiations into the Underworld are my most favourite part of shamanic teaching work, and I always look forward to doing them. It’s like being present at a birth — or perhaps a better term would be rebirth.

28. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ishtar For This Post:

Calz (13th November 2011), DianeKJ (12th November 2011), eaglespirit (12th November 2011), Lisab (12th November 2011), Lord Sidious (12th November 2011), markoid (12th November 2011), Sebastion (12th November 2011), transiten (12th November 2011)

29. Link to Post #136
    Thanks

I like fey stories, I started looking for them on the internet after observing and working with them here on the property years back. Most of the accounts I read though were more scary-supersticious sorts of tales which wasn't at all like the relationships I had developed.

I haven't done fey work as much as I have over the past six months or so, more a personal 'my work' sort of thing than anything to do with what I'd do on a 'for other's basis. So this is inspiring me to make time to return it.

I had just moved back to this property after being gone for 4 years from it. I gave my daughter a house key the day we moved in and told her NOT to lose it, drop it down the toilet, or otherwise misplace it. Which she promptly did, losing it out in the woods. So she's in her room and I'm chewing her out because finding a key in acres of leaf covered woods was probably not in the equation unless we stopped moving furniture and started dousing or dragging out metal detectors. Moving 'mood' you know.

So as I'm chewing her out for promptly losing her key.... it dropped right out of the ceiling. They returned it to her so she'd not be punished. Or to shut me up one or the other...They absolutely adore her and thats what she looks like a giant faery , right down to the pointy ears. A gothic faery with dark eyeliner I should amend.

There was a woman who lived here who'd I'd best describe as a low witch. She used the sort of sticky ick energy that just accumlates in daily life if you don't clear it out. She certainly generated enough of it. Very unpleasant woman who fancied herself as a sort of good witch. She lived with another younger woman who was totally manipulated by her and under her control. Really inane low stuff, hexing, and curses things like that to control this younger woman who was very troubled to begin with. The older woman made all these bizarre and rather horrendoous smelling 'clearing' oils that one would associate with unpleasant sorts of rituals. Like if one held Beltane festivities in a garbage dump sort of way...not to be taken seriously just really unpleasant.

So after they move out and I move in there's all this cob webby sticky binding energy all over the house. The older woman's energy signature. Being tired from moving I figured I'd deal with it in the morning , so I fall asleep in typical just moved in fashion on a mattress in my bedroom. I wake up in the middle of the night and smell earth and leaves all around me. This voice says, WE made the smelly woman go away." I'm half asleep so not getting this precisely but clearly understood what was stated. So when I wake up in the morning the house is littered from north, south, east and west with dead flies. Zillions of them. Certainly they hadn't been there the night before; they were carpeting the entire house. And it was late fall out not a season for flies to begin with.

The fey had come and broken down all the ick energy the older woman had bound the house in, while I was sleeping .I realized when they said "smelly woman" they were referring to the horrible oils that she stunk the area up with. The flies being the physical manifestation of whatever low work the old woman was dabbling in.

But they are very much a part of my environement all the land and what inhabits it protects me. i make agreements with it . I never lock my doors, my chickens are unmolested, things like that. Before I even had time to negotiate out some of these agreements I'm pretty certain my youngest hen survived a near miss by a Coyote because of their intervention.

They left me a gift one day and I have no idea what it is. I sorta know but not quite...lol.. I found it hanging in a tree in the middle of winter. It looks like very fine skin found under the bark of a tree, perhaps birch (no birches in the area though). Soooo thin though .Dryed, very soft to the touch, a pale tannish color.. Almost like Rafetti. Or whatever that crafting material is called. Or an organic form of Easter grass that people stuff Easter baskets with. I'm familiar with the under and outer barks of all the trees in the area but this one has me stumped. But the smell was heavenly sort of like warm vanilla. But not quite....

30. Link to Post #137
    Thanks

I think they're lovely, although you do have to take them seriously and work in harmony with them. Then they treat you wonderfully. I think all the awful stories we used to hear about fairies swapping babies for changelings and that sort of thing were just Christians trying to put people off them.

Thanks, 9eagle9, I enjoyed that whole story and would also love to inhale the aroma of their gift to you... warm vanilla....mmmmmm

31. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ishtar For This Post:

Calz (13th November 2011), eaglespirit (12th November 2011), Lisab (12th November 2011), Lord Sidious (12th November 2011), markoid (12th November 2011), transiten (12th November 2011)

32. Link to Post #138
    United States Avalon Member DianeKJ's Avatar
    Thanks

Fey and Sidhe stories are very synchronistic for me these days. Thank you everyone who is contributing to this thread, as it has been very engaging and thought provoking for me. I'm truly enjoying reading everyone's perspectives.
    with love,
    Di

33. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to DianeKJ For This Post:

Calz (13th November 2011), eaglespirit (12th November 2011), Ishtar (12th November 2011), Lisab (12th November 2011), Lord Sidious (12th November 2011), markoid (12th November 2011), Sebastion (13th November 2011), Spirithorse (12th November 2011), transiten (12th November 2011)

34. Link to Post #139
    Portugal Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,751 times in 1,168 posts

Hello Ishtar

Can you tell me anything about what I can do with a Unicorn and a Hummingbird ? Wink, Wink ..
    Love
    Maria

35. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MariaDine For This Post:

eaglespirit (12th November 2011), Ishtar (12th November 2011), Lisab (12th November 2011), Lord Sidious (12th November 2011), markoid (12th November 2011)

36. Link to Post #140
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,979 times in 1,173 posts

I'd love to say Im ready for Ayauhasca. Alas definately not lol. MUCH work to be done here.x

37. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lisab For This Post:

Calz (13th November 2011), eaglespirit (12th November 2011), Ishtar (12th November 2011), Lord Sidious (12th November 2011), markoid (12th November 2011), transiten (12th November 2011)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 7 9 LastLast