+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3

Thread: Is anyone else having their mind blown by Nassim Haramein?

1. Link to Post #41
    Australia Avalon Member wolf_rt's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,640 times in 418 posts

Default Re: Is anyone else having their mind blown by Nassim Haramein?

All i can say is that my instincts tell me Nassim is on the right path, i am sure there are holes in his theory's, as there are in all theory's. But i feel that physics can benefit from his back to square 1 approach.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wolf_rt For This Post:

lightning23 (30th November 2011), onawah (30th November 2011), transiten (9th December 2011)

3. Link to Post #42
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Hey wolf_rt, There certainly are "holes in his theory's". There are "Black Holes" everywhere in his theories-in every galaxy, star, and atom,Ha Ha. Feinman's lectures were great in the 60's. I think if Feinman were here today he would "like" Nassim on Facebook.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JRS For This Post:

onawah (30th November 2011), wolf_rt (24th December 2011)

5. Link to Post #43
    Thanks

"In order to form an immaculate member of a flock of sheep one must, above all, be a sheep." Albert Einstein
    See, I can also use Google to search for random quotes by Einstein and make it fit my argument
    Quote Posted by onawah (here)
    "Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods." Albert Einstein

Quote Posted by CyRus (here)
    Here we go again...Oh brother!
    Why is everyone taken in by this guy? I mean seriously, there are brilliant teachers out there if you want to learn about physics: Richard Feynman, Leonard Susskind, Thomas Campbell..etc (These people actually understand physics btw)
    Also, there are many people who are infinitely more entertaining than Haramein who you rather can watch..

So why waste 8 hours of your life watching this blend of rubbish that is neither entertainment nor physics? It is merely gobble-dee-gook!

Regarding the fact that Haramein (who doesn't understand physics, at all!) has so many competent physicists around him is beyond me. Perhaps he has lured them in with his snake-oil charade as well, but more likely, I think he relies on them to write all the "math-sounding things" to make him look 'important'.

Anyway, I digress. I have made my opinions on Haramein known more than once on this forum, and have no need to go through this discussion again. A word of advice, always look at both sides of the coin when faced with new information. Look at the skeptical viewpoint, and then the proponent viewpoint..usually the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to CyRus For This Post:

RMorgan (30th November 2011)

7. Link to Post #44
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,589 times in 355 posts

Well I like him he appears to be a very nice guy, but while I enjoy his lectures and they all appear to make sense I haven't a clue if he is talking bollocks or not
    I guess at the time the arguments that the world was flat were pretty compelling, I think if you're clever enough you can make anything fit your argument, the trouble with his stuff is who the hell can prove it or challenge it

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Daft Ada For This Post:

David Hughes (13th December 2011), RMorgan (30th November 2011), STATIC (9th December 2011)

9. Link to Post #45
    United States Avalon Member STATIC's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,125 times in 283 posts

Quote I think if you're clever enough you can make anything fit your argument, the trouble with his stuff is who the hell can prove it or challenge it
    Isn't that the case for 100% of theoretical phisics.

10. Link to Post #46
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,659 times in 8,694 posts

Quote Posted by STATIC (here)
    Quote I think if you're clever enough you can make anything fit your argument, the trouble with his stuff is who the hell can prove it or challenge it
    Isn't that the case for 100% of theoretical phisics.
    well mathmatically he's proven the structure of a vaccume & the structure of expansion; there's a lot of "proof" in his work; but I'd say it still solidly in the "theory" relm; but closer to reality than einstines work for sure.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

STATIC (9th December 2011)

12. Link to Post #47
    United States Avalon Member mojo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,423 times in 5,645 posts

I give him credit for thinking out of the box...

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mojo For This Post:

RMorgan (9th December 2011), wolf_rt (24th December 2011)

14. Link to Post #48
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,659 times in 8,694 posts

Quote Posted by TargeT (here)
    I'll have to give this one a watch
    just finished the 8 hour presentation....

Wow, couldn't have found a better way to spend my time; great info, lots of good connectivity....

this is a no-**** unified theory; the idea's he presents connect everything to everything... as far as a "unified theory" goes, this is the best I've ever seen by a LOT.
    Last edited by TargeT; 9th December 2011 at 19:45.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

STATIC (9th December 2011), wolf_rt (24th December 2011)

16. Link to Post #49
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,075 times in 1,638 posts

The blackbird singing and the sun shining on his head are telling he's the "Real Thing". He also got a physics prize in 2010, not bad for a "Thinker outside the Box".

17. The Following User Says Thank You to transiten For This Post:

STATIC (9th December 2011)

18. Link to Post #50
    Thanks

Quote Posted by transiten (here)
    The blackbird singing and the sun shining on his head are telling he's the "Real Thing". He also got a physics prize in 2010, not bad for a "Thinker outside the Box".
    Nope. No physics prize..he won a best paper prize for a conference in Computer Systems. This is the equivalent of me presenting a paper of Star Wars in a flower arranging conference and getting the prize: "Best Star Wars paper in a flower arranging conference." It means nothing.

He is not taken seriously at all in academia, and I have no doubt the majority of Haramein fans will think: "Academia is like a religion. They cannot think outside the box ..etc" but this is of course, nonsense. There are many pseudo-skeptics in academia, as in other things. The majority of physicists, however, are passionate about the truth. If they find merit in an idea, the majority would support him despite the fact he is not affiliated with academia. Sadly, his work is bunk and has no scientific evidence whatsoever.

Don't take my word for it though, I am an agent of the PTTB...
    Last edited by CyRus; 12th December 2011 at 20:38.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to CyRus For This Post:

RMorgan (12th December 2011)

20. Link to Post #51
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Nassim Haramein is to Albert Einstein as Nikolai Tesla is to Thomas Edison.

nuff said...

21. Link to Post #52
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Second Son (here)

nuff said...
    Brilliant.
    Last edited by CyRus; 12th December 2011 at 21:25.

22. Link to Post #53
    Brazil Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,123 times in 3,535 posts

Quote Posted by Second Son (here)

nuff said...
    Brilliant.
    Hahaha! No way!!

Nassim is to Einstein as the local electrician guy is to Thomas Edison.

Tesla is a completely different thing...He was one of a kind.

Cheers,

Raf.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to RMorgan For This Post:

CyRus (12th December 2011)

24. Link to Post #54
    Thanks

Should not the measure of evaluating a theory to be their applicability in practice? Just curious to see whether there is in the previously open questions (eg existence and size of a "dark matter") better suggestions for answers. Then it will be much more easily across correctness or incorrectness of Haramein argue. ;-)

25. Link to Post #55
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Matts (here)
    Should not the measure of evaluating a theory to be their applicability in practice? Just curious to see whether there is in the previously open questions (eg existence and size of a "dark matter") better suggestions for answers. Then it will be much more easily across correctness or incorrectness of Haramein argue. ;-)
    How is Haramein's theory applicable in practice? It is a bunch of fancy words that amount to nothing. "There is a black hole in the centre of every atom..!!" sounds rather: "Far out dude! That s*it is insane..tell me more!" but the fact is, if that were the case when we step on the scale we would weigh more than the entire galaxy, which is not the case. (At least not in my case..)

26. Link to Post #56
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,806 times in 315 posts

*Sigh*

Theories are so important because they allow expansion in the sciences. Theories = thinking rather than accepting blindly. Well... that's how it should be anyhow! Some theories are outright duds, others are not. Are they going to be instantly practical? No way Jose.

Even gravity is still a theory because mainstream science has not yet figured out what it really is. The effects are there, but it isn't quite what they think it is because they are thinking in a very narrow way, claiming everything is solid matter which is the furthest thing from reality. Nassim is very much onto the same physics that clandestine programs have figured out long ago, and that ancient civilizations knew to be common place. You've first got to look and see how things work before you turn them into something practical and that takes some time and experimentation. Don't expect the main stream to cuddle up nice and close to this material very quickly either, they're too clingy and afraid to lose their precious solid particles.

I'm very encouraged and grateful that Nassim has been sharing his theory publically and encouraging people to think, the same goes for string theory and M theory scientists. They are all providing material which at the least is showing that reality is not what it is oh so cling-ily thought to be in the mainstream. [Honestly, they need to throw some Bounce sheets in their particle theory's laundry!]

Take a browse around *this* link too, Los Alamos National Laboratory's arXiv page with multitudes of searchable papers which are anything but mainstream.
    Last edited by 000; 12th December 2011 at 22:58.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to 000 For This Post:

STATIC (16th December 2011)

28. Link to Post #57
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,216 times in 388 posts

I have a small problem of what he says..He agree with Eisenstein and Tesla..yet! Tesla was highly critical of Eintein's Relativity
    "...Supposing that the bodies act upon the surrounding space causing curving of the same, it appears to my simple mind that the curved spaces must react on the bodies, and producing the opposite effects, straightening out the curves. Since action and reaction are coexistent, it follows that the supposed curvature of space is entirely impossible - But even if it existed it would not explain the motions of the bodies, as observed."
    You cant really agree with both when studying the universe..one is correct one is not. This guy uses in his theories tons of Einsteins relativity stuff..and on the same hand uses Tesla's stuff..they are two totally opposite theories and do not agree with each other..you must use one or the other, but both do not connect!
    I am of the opinion of the plasma cosmos as Tesla said and others. Einstein was against this and so was his 'theory of relativity'.
    So you cant have both, you have to have or agree with Einstein or Tesla on Plasma universe or Relativity. This guy has alot of good to say but he needs to stick to one or the other theory and not mix both.

29. Link to Post #58
    Australia Avalon Member wolf_rt's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,640 times in 418 posts

How is Haramein's theory applicable in practice? It is a bunch of fancy words that amount to nothing.
    show me how anyone's unified field theory is applicable in practice? if it were, then it wouldn't be a theory.

30. Link to Post #59
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,794 times in 6,634 posts

He does seem to have a little different take on things. seems to come from an angle I never thought to come from. very thought provoking.
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

31. The Following User Says Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

modwiz (24th December 2011)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3