+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 8 LastLast

Thread: Armed Avalonians?

1. Link to Post #21
    Sweden Avalon Member Maria Stade's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,626 times in 854 posts

Default Re: Armed Avalonians?

We can all protect our selves and will so do but one of the big therats to earth is this :

Called CERN

They are right now building a big one in Sweden Skåne !

They are planing to move and make a sun out of this planet !

http://www.sydsvenskan.se/webbtv/web...V-ta-form.html

So how do we play the game ?
    The planet have given you all that you have !
    What do you give in return ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be the change you wish to see.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Maria Stade For This Post:

D-Day (8th November 2011), Lord Sidious (8th November 2011), Magnus (8th November 2011), modwiz (8th November 2011), toothpick (8th November 2011)

3. Link to Post #22
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,409 times in 838 posts

I used to own a couple of guns and knives, but then my inner self showed me that it was my fear of violence or bad things happening to me that would actually attract that stuff to me. My inner self showed me that if I keep weapons around "just in case", I'm simply leaving the door open for that stuff to happen in my life. So I'll trust my inner self now, as it's telling me I'm safe and I have no need to be fearful. I'm not going to play the "what if" game. I'm going to trust my "inner love" game.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Orph For This Post:

divine_moments_of_truth (11th November 2011), dourpil (8th November 2011), exchange student (8th November 2011), Lord Sidious (8th November 2011), RMorgan (8th November 2011), Zampano (8th November 2011)

5. Link to Post #23
    United States Avalon Member jagman's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,253 times in 1,895 posts

I own a lot of weapons! A over and under double barrel shot gun, a British 303, Single shot 12 gauge ,Russian Nagant rifle, A 357magnum
    44 magnum and last but not least the 50 cal ! I have never shot a human being and dont plan on it! But these are strange times we live in!
    I suggest every member of Avalon who feels comfortable with weapons buy one! We Must protect ourselves and families!

6. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to jagman For This Post:

Arc (9th November 2011), daddy fishwick (8th November 2011), DNA (8th November 2011), Fred Steeves (8th November 2011), Lazlo (8th November 2011), Lord Sidious (8th November 2011), modwiz (8th November 2011), NancyV (8th November 2011), RMorgan (8th November 2011), Sebastion (8th November 2011), sygh (8th November 2011), toothpick (8th November 2011)

7. Link to Post #24
    United States Avalon Member Noble Hops's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Zampano (here)
    If we will face hard times, would guns be the answer?
    Is this the only way to protect your family? To defend yourself?
    To answer violence with more violence?
    Yes, yes, yes, and yes.
    "I never gave a damn 'bout the meter man, 'til i was the man who had to read the meters, man." -- Mike Watt

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Noble Hops For This Post:

NancyV (8th November 2011)

9. Link to Post #25
    United States Avalon Retired Member Khaleesi's Avatar
    Thanks

Here is what a few people with guns can do.

http://davekopel.org/2a/OthWr/Target_Switzerland.htm

"In World War II, the Swiss had defenses no other country had. Let's begin with the rifle in every home combined with the Alpine terrain. When the German Kaiser asked in 1912 what the quarter of a million Swiss militiamen would do if invaded by a half million German soldiers, a Swiss replied: shoot twice and go home."

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Khaleesi For This Post:

Curt (8th November 2011), daddy fishwick (8th November 2011), Fred Steeves (8th November 2011), Lazlo (8th November 2011), Lord Sidious (8th November 2011), modwiz (8th November 2011), NancyV (8th November 2011), Sebastion (8th November 2011), sygh (8th November 2011)

11. Link to Post #26
    United States Avalon Member Maknocktomb's Avatar
    Thanks

Recent history has shown that when guns are outlawed for the populace governments take over and the people not only loose personal freedom but their lives as well. A good example is Germany in the early 1930's. After the Nazi's came into power they outlawed guns. Once they had control no one could stop them and they had a free hand in purging the local population (http://usa-the-republic.com/jurispru...irearms_1.html). Other governments around the world have outlawed gun ownership and the people have suffered. Whether you agree or not, it's an interesting lesson in history. Something to think about...(http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1823003/posts)

In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
    In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
    Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, a total of 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated.
    China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
    Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
    Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated
    Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million 'educated' people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
    Defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because of gun control: 56 million.

In Switzerland every home has a firearm and the people are trained to use it. It is interesting that you do not hear much about gun violence or crime in Switzerland. The cities in the U.S. with the strictest gun control laws have the most violent crime. As a previous Avalon member mentioned, the criminals always seem to have a gun. I am all for non-violence and would not want to be in a position to have to use excessive force, I would try all the spiritual knowledge I know to prevent it. However, I will protect my family and myself. Would you go through the Serengeti unarmed with your family? Or would you protect yourself and family from the dangerous indigenous lifeforms (Lions etc...)?

12. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Maknocktomb For This Post:

161803398 (8th November 2011), Arc (9th November 2011), Carolin (8th November 2011), Curt (8th November 2011), D-Day (8th November 2011), daddy fishwick (8th November 2011), DNA (8th November 2011), Fred Steeves (8th November 2011), Hughe (8th November 2011), Khaleesi (8th November 2011), Ki's (9th November 2011), Lazlo (8th November 2011), Lord Sidious (8th November 2011), modwiz (8th November 2011), NancyV (8th November 2011), sygh (8th November 2011), toothpick (8th November 2011)

13. Link to Post #27
    Thanks

it's a tough one to crack, this

i personally don't own one

i could have owned one, i didn't

chances are i never will

i will accept the cards i will be dealt with

all i have done so far in life, successfully i guess, it's based on prevention, anticipation, adaptation, steering through/away from trouble and minding my goddamn business...i intend to do this, and pass it on my children for the rest of my life

having said that, i also do fully support the self-defense, for anyone that feels comfortable enough with such

just bear in mind thou, owing a weapon, doesn't mean drop the preventative measures and reach for it...that will result in complete failure

my biggest problem in todays world is weapons around addicts...

and there's a lot of them...

everybody does suffer from one form or another...it's not getting better, simply worse

check on youtube of ppls behaviors under influence (any type, from too much sugar on Halloween to salvia smokers)

add weapons to this category (easily 80% of the worlds population!) and voila! a mega ****-storm

a great reason to ban all weapons

and also

a great reason to own one against'em

cheers all
    Last edited by taurad; 8th November 2011 at 01:21.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to taurad For This Post:

161803398 (8th November 2011), Curt (8th November 2011), sygh (8th November 2011)

15. Link to Post #28
    United States Avalon Member Laurel's Avatar
    Thanks

The state I live in just passed the concealed carry law. This means that, with a permit you can legally carry a concealed gun into public places. People who back this law believe that it makes them safer...that those who will use their guns for crime, would do it with or without the law. So, in essence, the "good guys" with the guns can "protect" themselves. It just sounds like a huge accident waiting to happen.

I understand the reasoning behind the right to bear arms and being able to protect yourself. Still, carrying a gun, concealed or not, goes against my values. I couldn't do it.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Laurel For This Post:

161803398 (8th November 2011), Isthatso (10th November 2011), Lord Sidious (8th November 2011)

17. Link to Post #29
    Sweden Avalon Member Maria Stade's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,626 times in 854 posts

Its easy to make a weapon if needed.
    A iron tip on this and it can make grea damage !

Or compaund bows it can even be useful if food is needed !

Or mabe make a cross bow

or why not a slingshot

The planet have given you all that you have !
    What do you give in return ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be the change you wish to see.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Maria Stade For This Post:

161803398 (8th November 2011), DNA (8th November 2011), Lord Sidious (8th November 2011), panopticon (8th November 2011)

19. Link to Post #30
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,709 times in 1,042 posts

A State Trooper friend of mine once said that the sound of a pump action shotgun will stop any thug in his tracks and the only thing more terrifying than the sound of a pump action shotgun . . . . is a woman holding said shotgun.

I have shot one man trying to break into our house. Gave him three warnings and he continued to break the door down so I shot through the door . . . . I thought I killed him . . . . he simply passed out. Sheriff came and carted him away and to jail.

Another instance I shot over the truck of a man who had been stalking and harassing me for months. I tried all the “right” things. Restraining orders . . . . police reports . . . .reasoning. Yeah right. He pulled down into my driveway (way out in country) to sit and watch and flash his lights on and off as he had done several times before. Fed up I walked outside right into his headlights pulled up my shotgun, aimed straight at him until he got the message . . . . he slammed the truck into reverse and started peeling out with gravel flying and I shot over his truck. He never bothered me or my babies again. Case Closed.

So yeah I have guns and know when and how to use them.

20. Link to Post #31
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,794 times in 6,634 posts

Guns can misfire, ammo runs out, a blade never misfires, never runs out of ammo. from about six feet away, a man with a pistol against a blade will take a celestial dirt nap. the knife will win. thats why they teach the police to draw their weapon if a person with a knife is six feet away. I am against any kind of violence. an intruder wants to kill me ? go ahead I want to go home anyway, and a parting gift a little karma left on you, just because you have the power, doesn't mean you have to use it. sidebar ( I'm cherokee and Irish, make me angry and I lose my temper and everyone is in danger. ) beating down a jerk won't cure him, in the aftermath , he will still be a jerk. in the end your actions gained you nothing but regret. my people lost their land and history because of white men and their guns and greed. with england's quest to put their flag everywhere , and make everyone live under the rule of england= look how the world ended up... a dam mess.
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

21. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

Arc (8th November 2011), D-Day (8th November 2011), Khaleesi (8th November 2011), Lord Sidious (8th November 2011), Maria Stade (8th November 2011), meeradas (8th November 2011), modwiz (8th November 2011), sygh (8th November 2011), taurad (8th November 2011), thunder24 (9th November 2011), toothpick (8th November 2011), Zampano (8th November 2011)

22. Link to Post #32
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,587 times in 5,273 posts

As an Australian, I have no problem with 2nd Amendment and why the Founding Fathers wrote it into the Constitution (Bill of Rights) that protects the right of the people to keep and bear arms.

Quote Definition: (Text)

"There are several versions of the text of the Second Amendment, each with slight capitalization and punctuation differences, found in the official documents surrounding the adoption of the Bill of Rights.[5] One version was passed by the Congress,[6] while another is found in the copies distributed to the States[7] and then ratified by them.

As passed by the Congress:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
    As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.[8]
    The original hand-written copy of the Bill of Rights, approved by the House and Senate, was prepared by scribe William Lambert and resides in the National Archives."

https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikiped...s_Constitution
    The 2nd Amendment was designed to provide the American people the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, but also...

Why is it still important?

Quote There are those who would say, "The Second Amendment's not needed anymore. There's no threat of tyranny in our government." While it's fortunate that we've grown comfortable with our government, we need to remain aware that the only reason we have been able to grow comfortable with it is because the Second Amendment has prevented the government from posing a threat to us for all these years. History is littered with stories of unarmed citizens being taken over by dictators (Germany is one such example). Could that happen here? Not if we maintain the right to keep and bear arms. No other country has the freedoms that we have here in the United States. This is truly the most awesome place in the world to live, and I would like to keep it that way. When politicians take an anti-Second Amendment stance, we seriously need to wonder about their motives.

If you gun control advocates still dream of a day when the private ownership of guns is banned and the police are the only ones who are armed, feel free to relocate to the People's Republic of China, where your dream is a reality.

http://members.tripod.com/~waycool_d...amendment.html
    Each and every amendment in the Bill of Rights is important, but the the Second Amendment is the most important because it guarantees that the others will not be taken away. Think about it. Once the right to own firearms is eliminated, eliminating all other rights (such as the Freedom of Speech) will be a piece of cake. If that happens, what are you going to do? Protest? You certainly can't resist. All you can do is watch it happen.

The Second Amendment is the American peoples insurance policy against this. It's been working quite effectively for over 200 years, and as they say, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

My 2 cents worth...

Jack

23. Link to Post #33
    United States Avalon Member Seeker's Avatar
    Thanks

I am from Texas and we love our guns. Mostly for hunting. I own 7 hunting weapons but no pistols because I have no need for one. Pistols are only good for hunting people. However, if someone breaks into my house or poses a threat to my family, they will eat lead. I will not be shooting to wound.
    If you want to know why the populace should be allowed to have guns, go to Mexico. There only the criminals have guns and the population is terrorized. There would be much less violence in Mexico if people could have guns. My wife is from Mexico city and used to be scared of guns. Now she wishes she could take a gun with her to Mexico when she visits home and is getting her concealed weapon permit so she can pack heat everywhere she goes.
    I think gun safety should be taught in schools everywhere and the populace should be able to have guns. People who have guns without training are more dangerous to themselves than anyone else. Just google all the athletes that shoot themselves all the time trying to be cool by carrying around a pistol. The world would be a much better place and people would be much more civil with each other if everyone had guns. Guns are the great equalizer. In Texas, if there ever is martial law and guns are confiscated, they will never get all of the guns. They might control the cities, but they will never control the countryside.
    Another thing, Houston has the most friendly drivers of any big city. You know why? Because it is assumed that everyone has a gun in their car. Nobody ever gives anyone the finger on the road in Houston because honestly, the odds are fairly high you will get shot if you do. I can honestly say I have not heard anyone honk their horn in 10 years. Like giving the finger, honking the horn is not a very smart thing to do here.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Seeker For This Post:

Lord Sidious (8th November 2011), NancyV (8th November 2011), Sebastion (8th November 2011)

25. Link to Post #34
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,350 times in 2,555 posts

I read a rather alarming United States Department document years ago called "FREEDOM FROM WAR: The United States Program for General and Complete Disarmament in a Peaceful World". I will post it here, and you will see we are being moved throughout the world to the enactment of this plan. As you can see, ultimately we will be controlled by one group who decides what we do. It would work in theory if you had trust in those who were the leaders acting on mankind's benefit and not using their power to benefit a few at the cost of the many. I do not have such a faith in leaders at this time.

Some will be made to bear the burdens of supporting the world and others will be takers. There will be a very few well heeled elites who live life better than kings, and the rest who are told how to live.

I believe in gun control. For me it means hitting my target!

FREEDOM FROM WAR:
    The United States Program for General and Complete Disarmament in a Peaceful World

DEPARTMENT OF STATE
    PUBLICATION 7277
    Disarmament Series 5
    Released September 1961
    Office of Public Services
    BUREAU OF PUBLIC AFFAIRS

INTRODUCTION

The revolutionary development of modern weapons within a world divided by serious ideological differences has produced a crisis in human history. In order to overcome the danger of nuclear war now confronting mankind, the United States has introduced at the Sixteenth General Assembly of the United Nations a Program for General and Complete Disarmament in a Peaceful World.

This new program provides for the progressive reduction of the war-making capabilities of nations and the simultaneous strengthening of international institutions to settle disputes and maintain the peace. It sets forth a series of comprehensive measures which can and should be taken in order to bring about a world in which there will be freedom from war and security for all states. It is based on three principles deemed essential to the achievement of practical progress in the disarmament field:

First, there must be immediate disarmament action:

A strenuous and uninterrupted effort must be made toward the goal of general and complete disarmament; at the same time, it is important that specific measures be put into effect as soon as possible.

Second, all disarmament obligations must be subject to effective international controls:

The control organization must have the manpower, facilities, and effectiveness to assure that limitations or reductions take place as agreed. It must also be able to certify to all states that retained forces and armaments do not exceed those permitted at any stage of the disarmament process.

Third, adequate peace-keeping machinery must be established:

There is an inseparable relationship between the scaling down of national armaments on the one hand and the building up of international peace-keeping machinery and institutions on the other. Nations are unlikely to shed their means of self-protection in the absence of alternative ways to safeguard their legitimate interests. This can only be achieved through the progressive strengthening of international institutions under the United Nations and by creating a United Nations Peace Force to enforce the peace as the disarmament process proceeds.

There follows a summary of the principal provisions of the United States Program for General and Complete Disarmament in a Peaceful World. The full text of the program is contained in an appendix to this pamphlet.

SUMMARY

DISARMAMENT GOAL AND OBJECTIVES

The over-all goal of the United States is a free, secure, and peaceful world of independent states adhering to common standards of justice and international conduct and subjecting the use of force to the rule of law; a world which has achieved general and complete disarmament under effective international control; and a world in which adjustment to change takes place in accordance with the principles of the United Nations.

In order to make possible the achievement of that goal, the program sets forth the following specific objectives toward which nations should direct their efforts:

The disbanding of all national armed forces and the prohibition of their reestablishment in any form whatsoever other than those required to preserve internal order and for contributions to a United Nations Peace Force;

The elimination from national arsenals of all armaments, including all weapons of mass destruction and the means for their delivery, other than those required for a United Nations Peace Force and for maintaining internal order;

The institution of effective means for the enforcement of international agreements, and for the maintenance of peace in accordance with the principles of the United Nations;

The establishment and effective operation of an International Disarmament Organization within the framework of the United Nations to insure compliance at all times with all disarmament obligations.
    TASK OF NEGOTIATING STATES

The negotiating states are called upon to develop the program into a detailed plan for general and complete disarmament and to continue their efforts without interruption until the whole program has been achieved. To this end, they are to seek the widest possible area of agreement at the earliest possible date. At the same time, and without prejudice to progress on the disarmament program, they are to seek agreement on those immediate measures that would contribute to the common security of nations and that could facilitate and form port of the total program.
    GOVERNING PRINCIPLES

The program sets forth a series of general principles to guide the negotiating states in their work. These make clear that:

As states relinquish their arms, the United Nations must be progressively strengthened in order to improve its capacity to assure international security and the peaceful settlement of disputes;

Disarmament must proceed as rapidly as possible, until it is completed, in stages containing balanced, phased, and safeguarded measures;

Each measure and stage should be carried out in an agreed period of time, with transition from one stage to the next to take place as soon as all measures in the preceding stage have been carried out and verified and as soon as necessary arrangements for verification of the next stage have been made;

Inspection and verification must establish both that nations carry out scheduled limitations or reductions and that they do not retain armed forces and armaments in excess of those permitted at any stage of the disarmament process; and

Disarmament must take place in a manner that will not affect adversely the security of any state.
    DISARMAMENT STAGES

The program provides for progressive disarmament steps to take place in three stages and for the simultaneous strengthening of international institution.
    FIRST STAGE

The first stage contains measures which would significantly reduce the capabilities of nations to wage aggressive war. Implementation of this stage would mean that:

The nuclear threat would be reduced:

All states would have adhered to a treaty effectively prohibiting the testing of nuclear weapons.

The production of fissionable materials for use in weapons would be stopped and quantities of such materials from past production would be converted to non-weapons uses.

States owning nuclear weapons would not relinquish control of such weapons to any nation not owning them and would not transmit to any such nation information or material necessary for their manufacture.

States not owning nuclear weapons would not manufacture them or attempt to obtain control of such weapons belonging to other states.

A Commission of Experts would be established to report on the feasibility and means for the verified reduction and eventual elimination of nuclear weapons stockpiles.
    Strategic delivery vehicles would be reduced:

Strategic nuclear weapons delivery vehicles of specified categories and weapons designed to counter such vehicles would be reduced to agreed levels by equitable and balanced steps; their production would be discontinued or limited; their testing would be limited or halted.
    Arms and armed forces would be reduced:

The armed forces of the United States and the Soviet Union would be limited to 2.1 million men each (with appropriate levels not exceeding that amount for other militarily significant states); levels of armaments would be correspondingly reduced and their production would be limited.

An Experts Commission would be established to examine and report on the feasibility and means of accomplishing verifiable reduction and eventual elimination of all chemical, biological and radiological weapons.
    Peaceful use of outer space would be promoted:

The placing in orbit or stationing in outer space of weapons of mass destruction would be prohibited.

States would give advance notification of space vehicle and military launchings.
    U.N. peace-keeping powers would be strengthened:

Measures would be taken to develop and strengthen United Nations arrangements for arbitration, for the development of international law, and for the establishment in Stage II of a permanent U.N. Peace Force.

An International Disarmament Organization would be established for effective verification of the disarmament program:

Its functions would be expanded progressively as disarmament proceeds.

It would certify to all states that agreed reductions have taken place and that retained forces and armaments do not exceed permitted levels.

It would determine the transition from one stage to the next.
    States would be committed to measures to reduce international tension and to protect against the chance of war by accident, miscalculation, or surprise attack:

States would be committed to refrain from the threat or use of any type of armed force contrary to the principles of the U.N. Charter and to refrain from indirect aggression and subversion against any country.

A U.N. peace observation group would be available to investigate any situation which might constitute a threat to or breach of the peace.

States would be committed to give advance notice of major military movements which might cause alarm, observation posts would be established to report on concentrations and movements of military forces.
    SECOND STAGE
    The second stage contains a series of measures which would bring within sight a world in which there would be freedom from war. Implementation of all measures in the second stage would mean:

Further substantial reductions in the armed forces, armaments, and military establishments of states, including strategic nuclear weapons delivery vehicles and countering weapons;

Further development of methods for the peaceful settlement of disputes under the United Nations;

Establishment of a permanent international peace force within the United Nations;

Depending on the findings of an Experts Commission, a halt in the production of chemical, bacteriological, and radiological weapons and a reduction of existing stocks or their conversion to peaceful uses;

On the basis of the findings of an Experts Commission, a reduction of stocks of nuclear weapons;

The dismantling or the conversion to peaceful uses of certain military bases and facilities wherever located; and

The strengthening and enlargement of the International Disarmament Organization to enable it to verify the steps taken in Stage II and to determine the transition to Stage III.
    THIRD STAGE
    During the third stage of the program, the states of the world, building on the experience and confidence gained in successfully implementing the measures of the first two stages, would take final steps toward the goal of a world in which:

States would retain only those forces, non-nuclear armaments, and establishments required for the purpose of maintaining internal order; they would also support and provide agreed manpower for a U.N. Peace Force.

The U.N. Peace Force, equipped with agreed types and quantities of armaments, would be fully functioning.

The peace keeping capabilities of the United nations would be sufficiently strong and the obligations of all states under such arrangements sufficiently far-reaching as to assure peace and the just settlement of differences in a disarmed world.

APPENDIX
    DECLARATION ON DISARMAMENT
    THE UNITED STATES PROGRAM FOR GENERAL AND COMPLETE DISARMAMENT IN A PEACEFUL WORLD

The nations of the world,

Conscious of the crisis in human history produced by the revolutionary development of modern weapons within a world divided by serious ideological differences;

Determined to save present and succeeding generations from the scourge of war and the dangers and burdens of the arms race and to create conditions in which all peoples can strive freely and peacefully to fulfill their basic aspirations;

Declare their goal to be: A free, secure, and peaceful world of independent states adhering to common standards of justice and international conduct and subjecting the use of force to the rule of law; a world where adjustment to change takes place in accordance with the principles of the United Nations; a world where there shall be a permanent state of general and complete disarmament under effective international control and where the resources of nations shall be devoted of man's material, cultural, and spiritual advance;
    Set forth as the objectives of a program of general and complete disarmament in a peaceful world:

(a) The disbanding of all national armed forces and the prohibition of their reestablishment in any form whatsoever other than those required of preserve internal order and for contributions to a United Nations Peace Force;

(b) the elimination from national arsenals of all armaments, including all weapons of mass destruction and the means for their delivery, other than those required for a United Nations Peace Force and for maintaining internal order;

Nations to ensure compliance at all times with all disarmament obligations;

(d) The institution of effective means for the enforcement of international agreements, for the settlement of disputes, and for the maintenance of peace in accordance with the principles of the United Nations.
    Call on the negotiating states:

(a) To develop the outline program set forth below into an agreed plan for general and complete disarmament and to continue their efforts without interruption until the whole program has been achieved;

(b) To this end to seek to attain the widest possible area of agreement at the earliest possible date;

(c) Also to seek - without prejudice to progress on the disarmament program - agreement on those immediate measures that would contribute to the common security of nations and that could facilitate and form a part of that program.
    Affirm that disarmament negotiations should be guided by the following principles:

(a) Disarmament shall take place as rapidly as possible until it is completed in stages containing balanced, phased and safe-guarded measures, with each measure and stage to be carried out in an agreed period of time.

(b) Compliance with all disarmament obligations shall be effectively verified from their entry into force. Verification arrangements shall be instituted progressively and in such a manner as to verify not only that agreed limitations or reductions take place but also that retained armed forces and armaments do not exceed agreed levels at any stage.

(c) Disarmament shall take place in a manner that will not affect adversely thesecurity of any state, whether or not a party to an international agreement or treaty.

(d) As stated relinquish their arms, the United Nations shall be progressively strengthened in order to improve its capacity to assure international security and the peaceful settlement of differences as will as to facilitate the development of international cooperation an common tasks for the benefit of mankind.

(e) Transition from one stage of disarmament to the next shall take place as soon as all the measures in the preceding stage have been carried out and effective verification is continuing and as soon as the arrangements that have been agreed to be necessary for the next stage have been instituted.
    Agree upon the following outline program for achieving general and complete disarmament:
    STAGE I
    A. To Establish an International Disarmament Organization:

(a) An International Disarmament Organization (IDO) shall be established within the framework of the United Nations upon entry into force of the agreement. Its functions shall be expanded progressively as required for the effective verification of the disarmament program.

(b) The IDO shall have: (1) a General Conference of all the parties; (2) a Commission consisting of representatives of all the major powers as permanent members as permanent members and certain other states on a rotating basis; and (3) an Administrator who will administer the Organization subject to the direction of the Commission and who will have the authority, staff, and finances adequate to assure effective impartial implementation of the functions of the Organization.

(c) The IDO shall: (1) ensure compliance with the obligations undertaken by verifying the execution of measures agreed upon; (2) assist the states in developing the details of agreed further verification and disarmament measures; (3) provide for the establishment of such bodies as may be necessary for working out the details of further measures provided for in the program and for such other expert study groups as may be required to give continuous study to the problems of disarmament; (4) receive reports on the progress of disarmament and verification arrangements and determine the transition from one stage to the next.
    B. To Reduce Armed Forces and Armaments:

(a) Force levels shall be limited to 2.1 million each for the U.S. and U.S.S.R. and to appropriate levels not exceeding 2.1 million each for all other militarily significant states. Reductions to the agreed levels will proceed by equitable, proportionate, and verified steps.

(b) Levels of armaments of prescribed types shall be reduced by equitable and balanced steps. The reductions shall be accomplished by transfers of armaments to depots supervised by the IDO. When, at specified periods during the Stage I reduction process, the states party to the agreement have agreed that the armaments and armed forces are at prescribed levels, the armaments in depots shall be destroyed or converted to peaceful uses.

(c) The production of agreed types of armaments shall be limited.

(d) A Chemical, Biological, Radiological (CBR) Experts Commission shall be established within the IDO for the purpose of examining and reporting on the feasibility and means for accomplishing the verifiable reduction and eventual elimination of CBR weapons stockpiles and the halting of their production.
    C. To Contain and Reduce the Nuclear Threat:

(a) States that have not acceded to a treaty effectively prohibiting the testing of nuclear weapons shall do so.

(b) The production of fissionable materials for use in weapons shall be stopped.

(c) Upon the cessation of production of fissionable materials for use in weapons, agreed initial quantities of fissionable materials from past production shall be transferred to non-weapons purposes.

(d) Any fissionable materials transferred between countries for peaceful uses of nuclear energy shall be subject to appropriate safeguards to be developed in agreement with the IAEA.

(e) States owning nuclear weapons shall not relinquish control of such weapons to any nation not owning them and shall not transmit to any such nation information or material necessary for their manufacture. States not owning nuclear weapons shall not manufacture such weapons, attempt to obtain control of such weapons belonging to other states, or seek or receive information or materials necessary for their manufacture.

(f) A Nuclear Experts Commission consisting of representatives of the nuclear states shall be established within the IDO for the purpose of examining and reporting on the feasibility and means for accomplishing the verified reduction and eventual elimination of nuclear weapons stockpiles.
    D. To Reduce Strategic Nuclear Weapons Delivery Vehicles:

(a) Strategic nuclear weapons delivery vehicles in specified categories and agreed types of weapons designed to counter such vehicles shall be reduced to agreed levels by equitable and balanced steps. The reduction shall be accomplished in each step by transfer to depots supervised by the IDO of vehicles that are in excess of levels agreed upon for each step. At specified periods during the Stage I reduction process, the vehicles that have been placed under supervision of the IDO shall be destroyed or converted to peaceful uses.

(b) Production of agreed categories of strategic nuclear weapons delivery vehicles and agreed types of weapons designed to counter such vehicles shall be discontinued or limited.

(c) Testing of agreed categories of strategic nuclear weapons delivery vehicles and agreed types of weapons designed to counter such vehicles shall be limited or halted.
    E. To Promote the Peaceful Use of Outer Space:

(a) The placing into orbit or stationing in outer space of weapons capable of producing mass destruction shall be prohibited.

(b) States shall give advance notification to participating states and to the IDO of launchings of space vehicles and missiles, together with the track of the vehicle. F. To reduce the Risks of War by Accident, Miscalculation, and Surprise Attack: (a) States shall give advance notification to the participating states and to the IDO of major military movements and maneuvers, on a scale as may be agreed, which might give rise to misinterpretation or cause alarm and induce countermeasures. The notification shall include the geographic areas to be used and the nature, scale and time span of the event.

(b) There shall be established observation posts at such locations as major ports, railway centers, motor highways, and air bases to report on concentrations and movements of military forces.

(c) There shall also be established such additional inspection arrangements to reduce the danger of surprise attack as may be agreed.

(d) An international commission shall be established immediately within the IDO to examine and make recommendations of the possibility of further measures to reduce the risks of nuclear war by accident, miscalculation, or failure of communication.
    G. To Keep the Peace:

(a) States shall reaffirm their obligations under the U.N. Charter to refrain from the threat or use of any type of armed force - including nuclear, conventional, or CBR - contrary to the principles of the U.N. Charter.

(b) States shall agree to refrain from indirect aggression and subversion against any country.

(c) States shall use all appropriate processes for the peaceful settlement of disputes and shall seek within the United Nations further arrangements for the peaceful settlement of international disputes and for the codification and progressive development of international law.

(d) States shall develop arrangements in Stage I for the establishment in Stage II of a U.N. Peace Force.

(e) A U.N. peace observation group shall be staffed with a standing cadre of observers who could be despatched to investigate any situation which might constitute a threat to or breach of the peace.
    STAGE II
    A. International Disarmament Organization:

The powers and responsibilities of the IDO shall be progressively enlarged in order to give it the capabilities to verify the measures undertaken in Stage II.
    B. To Further Reduce Armed Forces and Armaments:

(a) Levels of forces for the U.S., U.S.S.R., and other militarily significant states shall be further reduced by substantial amounts to agreed levels in equitable and balanced steps.

(b) Levels of armaments of prescribed types shall be further reduced by equitable and balanced steps. The reduction shall be accomplished by transfers of armaments to depots supervised by the IDO. When, at specified periods during the Stage II reduction process, the parties have agreed that the armaments and armed forces are at prescribed levels, the armaments in depots shall be destroyed or converted to peaceful uses.

(c) There shall be further agreed restrictions on the production of armaments.

(d) Agreed military bases and facilities wherever they are located shall be dismantled or converted to peaceful uses.

(e) Depending upon the findings of the Experts Commission on CBR weapons, the production of CBR weapons shall be halted, existing stocks progressively reduced, and the resulting excess quantities destroyed or converted to peaceful uses.
    C. To Further Reduce the Nuclear Threat:

Stocks of nuclear weapons shall be progressively reduced to the minimum levels which can be agreed upon as a result of the findings of the nuclear Experts Commission; the resulting excess of fissionable material shall be transferred to peaceful purposes.
    D. To Further Reduce Strategic Nuclear Weapons Delivery Vehicles:

Further reductions in the stocks of strategic nuclear weapons delivery vehicles and agreed types of weapons designed to counter such vehicles shall be carried out in accordance with the procedure outlined in Stage I.
    E. To Keep the Peace:

During Stage II, states shall develop further the peace-keeping processes of the united Nations, to the end that the United Nations can effectively in Stage III deter or suppress any threat or use of force in violation of the purposes and principles of the united Nations:

(a) States shall agree upon strengthening the structure, authority, and operation of the united Nations so as to assure that the United Nations will be able effectively to protect states against threats to or breaches of the peace.

(b) The U.N. Peace Force shall be established and progressively strengthened.

(c) States shall also agree upon further improvements and developments in rules of international conduct and in processes for peaceful settlement of disputes and differences.
    STAGE III

By the time Stage II has been completed, the confidence produced through a verified disarmament program, the acceptance of rules of peaceful international behavior, and the development of strengthened international peace-keeping processes within the framework of the U.N. should have reached a point where the states of the world can move forward to Stage III. In Stage III progressive controlled disarmament and continuously developing principles and procedures of international law would proceed to a point where no state would have the military power to challenge the progressively strengthened U.N. Peace Force (emphasis added) and all international disputes would be settled according to the agreed principles of international conduct.
    The progressive steps to be taken during the final phase of the disarmament program would be directed toward the attainment of a world in which:

(a) States would retain only those forces, non-nuclear armaments, and establishments required for the purpose of maintaining internal order; they would also support and provide agreed manpower for a U.N. Peace Force.

(b) The U.N. Peace Force, equipped with agreed types and quantities of armaments, would be fully functioning.

(c) The manufacture of armaments would be prohibited except for those of agreed types and quantities to be used by the U.N. Peace Force and those required to maintain internal order. All other armaments would be destroyed or converted to peaceful purposes.

(d) The peace-keeping capabilities of the United Nations would be sufficiently strong and the obligations of all states under such arrangements sufficiently far-reaching as to assure peace and the just settlement of differences in a disarmed world.

26. Link to Post #35
    Canada Avalon Member exchange student's Avatar
    Thanks

I believe that if we want to live in a better world, a better world would be a gunless one, for guns only provoke damage and bad intentions.

You should never kill anyone no matter the situation, if you do it will just creep right back on you and you will end up paying for your actions in this life or the next.

“Life is about learning lessons; hence everything happens for a reason”

Cheers,

Steve
    To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom/ Vaincre la peur représente le début de la sagesse

27. Link to Post #36
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

I was told by a friend that the Scarborough, Maine Cabelas store sells on average 4000 guns per week.

28. Link to Post #37
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,079 times in 653 posts

Unified Serenity,

1961, right? And we all know how that's been working out. Your post might just deserve a nugget award. Carrots.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sygh For This Post:

Lord Sidious (8th November 2011), Unified Serenity (8th November 2011)

30. Link to Post #38
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,738 times in 4,314 posts

Quote Posted by ghostrider (here)
    Guns can misfire, ammo runs out, a blade never misfires, never runs out of ammo. from about six feet away, a man with a pistol against a blade will take a celestial dirt nap. the knife will win. thats why they teach the police to draw their weapon if a person with a knife is six feet away. I am against any kind of violence. an intruder wants to kill me ? go ahead I want to go home anyway, and a parting gift a little karma left on you, just because you have the power, doesn't mean you have to use it. sidebar ( I'm cherokee and Irish, make me angry and I lose my temper and everyone is in danger. ) beating down a jerk won't cure him, in the aftermath , he will still be a jerk. in the end your actions gained you nothing but regret. my people lost their land and history because of white men and their guns and greed. with england's quest to put their flag everywhere , and make everyone live under the rule of england= look how the world ended up... a dam mess.
    No offense bro, but you are dreaming. I took kali escrima for years, I studied knife fighting, stick fighting, and you know what,,,,I would never call them martial arts,,,I would call them exercise routines,,,because the word martial means war,,,and if your going to war with a knife,,,your ass is as dead as fried chicken.
    I have a laser mounted ak47, why? Because if the perverbial doo doo hits the fan, I want to be able to defend my loved ones.

I love eastern arts that devolop the mind body and spirit,,,,but they stopped being martial when the gun was invented. And to not realize that point makes you worse off than if you never studied them.

Quote Posted by Maknocktomb (here)
    Recent history has shown that when guns are outlawed for the populace governments take over and the people not only loose personal freedom but their lives as well. A good example is Germany in the early 1930's. After the Nazi's came into power they outlawed guns. Once they had control no one could stop them and they had a free hand in purging the local population (http://usa-the-republic.com/jurispru...irearms_1.html). Other governments around the world have outlawed gun ownership and the people have suffered. Whether you agree or not, it's an interesting lesson in history. Something to think about...(http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1823003/posts)
    This is my favorite post. Folks who don't believe in guns trust their governments a whole lot more than I do.
    Also,,,,you have to factor in the possibility your country could be attacked and over run.
    Laugh if you want to, but a lot of countries out there are very vulnerable to invasion.
    It's a lot more difficult for invading forces to take over your country if they have to earn every single block they take with blood.
    Last edited by DNA; 8th November 2011 at 04:21.

31. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

161803398 (8th November 2011), Curt (8th November 2011), D-Day (8th November 2011), daddy fishwick (8th November 2011), Fred Steeves (8th November 2011), Lazlo (8th November 2011), Lord Sidious (8th November 2011), meeradas (8th November 2011), NancyV (8th November 2011)

32. Link to Post #39
    United States Avalon Member spiritguide's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,730 times in 1,479 posts

When nations relinquish standing armies and armed police, then it will be acceptable for all to disarm. Until then the argument is mute. IMHO

33. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to spiritguide For This Post:

Curt (8th November 2011), D-Day (8th November 2011), daddy fishwick (8th November 2011), Fred Steeves (8th November 2011), Khaleesi (8th November 2011), Lazlo (8th November 2011), Lord Sidious (8th November 2011), Sebastion (8th November 2011), thunder24 (9th November 2011)

34. Link to Post #40
    New Zealand Avalon Member daddy fishwick's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ghostrider (here)
    No offence Brother, but I'd take that bet any day!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 8 LastLast