Thread: Best Places to Live During Climate Change

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member VaughnB's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,061 times in 203 posts

Default Best Places to Live During Climate Change

http://bestplacestobeforclimate.blog...te-change.html

BASICS - Food, Water and Economic Stability
    1st world nations that have wealth - Europe, U.S.A. You'll have some semblance of security during chaotic economic shifts and social order breakdowns.

OTHER CONSIDERATIONS - Health-care, employment, personal safety.In the event dramatic shifts in the climate causing extreme poverty and chaos among the third world; terrorism and violence among city states and even our own communities will become prevalent.

RELOCATION RECOMMENDATIONS
    1. Avoid shorelines, arid climates, seek either tropical or marine temperate climates.
    2. Avoid large and medium population centers.
    3. Consider rural environments and even prepare as in a survivalist mentality with a protective perimeter around your home, a safe house, a 6 month supply of dry goods and access to potable water.
    4. Maintain basic supplies, medicines, tools and become self-sufficient as is possible in energy, water, and food.

It is all easier than you have been told.Simply change your consciousness
    My Video ChannelTao of the Traveler Transcendence The Story of Humankind Official Statement from the Occupy Movement

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to VaughnB For This Post:

christian (12th November 2011), Davy (13th November 2011), eric charles (11th November 2011), GaelVictor (12th November 2011), heyokah (14th November 2011), Jean-Marie (12th November 2011), Kristin (13th November 2011), Lord Sidious (11th November 2011), RMorgan (11th November 2011), Samsara (11th November 2011), ViralSpiral (12th November 2011), Vrilya (12th November 2011), whenyournex2me (14th November 2011)

3. Link to Post #2
    Canada Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,209 times in 352 posts

Default Re: Best Places to Live During Climate Change

Well this is just my opinion , I live in what we call the most solid land mass in the world called the Canadian Sheild http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_Shield

we have what we seem pretty consistent weather , and no earthquakes or very minimal . a very very rare Tornado once in a while very minor wich cause very minimal damages . But winters are harsh as always been here , 2ft of snow fall overnight isnt very uncommon hahahahahaa , last year we got i think was a 6ft drop over a storm period of 2 days , man that was wicked fun

This is just my opinion though

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eric charles For This Post:

Samsara (11th November 2011)

5. Link to Post #3
    Brazil Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,123 times in 3,535 posts

Quote Posted by eric charles (here)
    Well this is just my opinion , I live in what we call the most solid land mass in the world called the Canadian Sheild http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_Shield

we have what we seem pretty consistent weather , and no earthquakes or very minimal . a very very rare Tornado once in a while very minor wich cause very minimal damages . But winters are harsh as always been here , 2ft of snow fall overnight isnt very uncommon hahahahahaa , last year we got i think was a 6ft drop over a storm period of 2 days , man that was wicked fun

This is just my opinion though
    Well Eric, who knows...In case of a drastic climate change, the Canadian Shield might become hot as hell!

I live in Minas Gerais state, in Brazil. My city is 700m above see level, but we have much higher places in the state. We´re about 500km from the closest beach. The climate here is nice, a little bit hot in summer, about 32°C maximum and a little bit colder on winters, about 5°C minimum.

Cheers,

Raf.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RMorgan For This Post:

Art (12th November 2011), misericordia (12th November 2011), Samsara (11th November 2011)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drummondville

we get -40deg in winter , summer avg 25-28deg C ,elevation is 1200ft

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eric charles For This Post:

RMorgan (11th November 2011), Samsara (11th November 2011)

9. Link to Post #5
    Brazil Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,123 times in 3,535 posts

Quote Posted by eric charles (here)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drummondville

we get -40deg in winter , summer avg 25-28deg C ,elevation is 1200ft
    Man, I can´t even imagine how cold -40°C might be!! The colder I got in my whole life was about -5°C, and it was damn cold for my standards!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RMorgan For This Post:

Samsara (11th November 2011)

11. Link to Post #6
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,587 times in 5,273 posts

Quote Posted by VaughnB (here)

1st world nations that have wealth - Europe, U.S.A. You'll have some semblance of security during chaotic economic shifts and social order breakdowns.

OTHER CONSIDERATIONS - Health-care, employment, personal safety.In the event dramatic shifts in the climate causing extreme poverty and chaos among the third world; terrorism and violence among city states and even our own communities will become prevalent.

1. Avoid shorelines, arid climates, seek either tropical or marine temperate climates.
    3. Consider rural environments and even prepare as in a survivalist mentality with a protective perimeter around your home, a safe house, a 6 month supply of dry goods and access to potable water.
    4. Maintain basic supplies, medicines, tools and become self-sufficient as is possible in energy, water, and food.
    Define: Climate Change..?

I just read this article...

Quote (The UN council on Climate Change keeps changing it's predictions.) They escalate by magnitudes, as when it was predicated about the onset of level 5 hurricanes in the Gulf would start occurring in the next century. Well after Katrina, Hugo etc. we know how wrong they were. No one on the Gulf Coast can get insurance, everyone's TV in hurricane season is tuned to the weather channel wondering, "Are we next?".
    The UN council on Climate Change - Say NO more..!

Quote We've hit peak oil at $147/barrel in 2008 which sent the markets reeling. When are we going to wake up? We are really in a big crisis on so many fronts. There is a way out getting beyond elite energy to distributed energy.
    Peak Oil - Are you serious..?

This is just 'Fearmongering' NWO Globalist (UN) BS..!

Time to get you hands dirty and do some proper research..!

How do you think the NWO Globalist (UN) are going to fund their One World Govt. & Currency..?

Instead of listening to NWO Globalist (UN) 'Fairy Tales'..!

Wake Up..!

PS - Nothing personal, but this Climate Change (SCAM) really pisses me off.

PSS - Feel Free to (Challenge Me) on anything I have said 'above', I would only be too happy to oblige...

Last edited by jackovesk; 11th November 2011 at 18:31.

12. Link to Post #7
    New Zealand Avalon Member
    Thanks

I don't believe in global warming, I think it is a very clever con job that has been done on every one, like nearly all the other one's.People have forgotten about the Sun, that is where the heat is coming from. The Sun has been acting up big time has anyone noticed?,and why take the earth for granted? what makes people think the earth might stay the way it is, it can become a star any time it feels like. People forget the earth is a living being with feelings just like us, we are like fleas on the dog,what do dogs do when they get an itch.Speak to Mother Earth ask her what she is doing.

13. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Oriondas For This Post:

Art (12th November 2011), Fred Steeves (14th November 2011), jackovesk (11th November 2011), Laurel (14th November 2011), Lord Sidious (11th November 2011), shamanseeker (14th November 2011), Vrilya (12th November 2011)

14. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member VaughnB's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,061 times in 203 posts

I'm not here to promote anxiety or fear.

I believe we can survive this, we certainly survived the last ice age. It was just a heads up.
    Even if you just go to Walmart and buy a REAL emergency kit, not those auto/camping ones, stock some canned goods, get a water purifier for $35. Maybe even buy some seeds, non GMO/hybrids.

Most people won't be able to uproot and move, it's just very difficult, which I understand. Unfortunately, when humans get hungry after 3 weeks, are out of water for 72 hours things can get pretty desperate especially if the people are armed.

You saw what happened on the E. Coast of the U.S. when just a single capacitor blew out, that's how fragile our grid is. Our society is so dependent upon electrical energy for everything. Unlike the last CME [coronal mass ejection] in the late 1800s when we just had telegraph wires melting.

We've a 14 hour window from our solar satellite early warning system for CMEs, in which they could shutdown the entire grid, but I feel that's unlikely with the bureaucracy we have in place, example Katrina.

Undoubtedly with our global population reaching near 8 billion, and resources reaching their limits, climatic, solar and geologic events will take their toll in catastrophic proportions [millions of deaths, more from famine, diseases after societal breakdown]

That's why I emphasized VERY RURAL, low populated areas:
    Stage 1: Become Self-Sustaining
    Stage 2: Make Your Neighbors Sustainable [this forms a cushion surrounding your vicinity]
    Stage 3: Expand to your community

Attributes: Fertile soil, temperate climate, running water [hydro] crops, etc., trees, min. of 8 hrs solar radiance in winter

It is all easier than you have been told.Simply change your consciousness
    My Video ChannelTao of the Traveler Transcendence The Story of Humankind Official Statement from the Occupy Movement

15. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to VaughnB For This Post:

Jean-Marie (12th November 2011), Lord Sidious (11th November 2011), misericordia (12th November 2011), NancyV (12th November 2011), Samsara (11th November 2011), Vrilya (12th November 2011)

16. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Oriondas (here)
    I don't believe in global warming, I think it is a very clever con job that has been done on every one, like nearly all the other one's.People have forgotten about the Sun, that is where the heat is coming from. The Sun has been acting up big time has anyone noticed?,and why take the earth for granted? what makes people think the earth might stay the way it is, it can become a star any time it feels like. People forget the earth is a living being with feelings just like us, we are like fleas on the dog,what do dogs do when they get an itch.Speak to Mother Earth ask her what she is doing.
    Very true , Also , all the other planets in our solar system have showed numerous climate changesalso over the past decade

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to eric charles For This Post:

Art (12th November 2011), Fred Steeves (14th November 2011), jackovesk (14th November 2011), Lord Sidious (11th November 2011), Vrilya (12th November 2011)

18. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,739 times in 1,371 posts

Economic stability.

The USA ?????

19. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,613 times in 2,179 posts

Quote Posted by mariposafe (here)
    Economic stability.

The USA ?????

Lol!!!
    Yes, lets follow the money!

Did you see that Obama (or his puppet-masters) wanted to tax freshly cut Christmas trees by 15cents?

" The U.S. Department of Agriculture is going to delay implementation and revisit a proposed new 15 cent fee on fresh-cut Christmas trees, sources tell ABC News. The fee, requested by the National Christmas Tree Association in 2009, was first announced in the Federal Registry yesterday and has generated criticism of President Obama from conservative media outlets.

The well-trafficked Drudge Report is leading with the story, linking to a blog by David Addington, a former top aide to then-Vice President Dick Cheney, at the conservative Heritage Foundation assailing the president thus: “The economy is barely growing and nine percent of the American people have no jobs. Is a new tax on Christmas trees the best President Obama can do? And, by the way, the American Christmas tree has a great image that doesn’t need any help from the government.”

The National Christmas Tree Association says the fee would fund a program “designed to benefit the industry and will be funded by the growers” and is “not expected to have any impact on the final price consumers pay for their Christmas tree.” According to the Federal Registry, the proposed Christmas Tree Promotion Board, which would be funded by the new fee, would launch a “program of promotion, research, evaluation, and information designed to strengthen the Christmas tree industry’s position in the marketplace; maintain and expend existing markets for Christmas trees; and to carry out programs, plans, and projects designed to provide maximum benefits to the Christmas tree industry” and to “enhance the image of Christmas trees and the Christmas tree industry in the United States.”
    .... be gentle with your anger. Sixto Rodriguez, Cape Town 20.02.2013

20. The Following User Says Thank You to ViralSpiral For This Post:

jackovesk (13th November 2011)

21. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

Check out a video, found on youtube called "Global warming - Doomsday called off". Climate descibed by real scientists, not IPCC money making scams and doomsayers. The planet is warming, but watch the reasons why.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always find a way to discourage yours.

twitter:@armleywhite

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Simonm For This Post:

jackovesk (13th November 2011), shamanseeker (14th November 2011)

23. Link to Post #13
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,795 times in 1,163 posts

Quote Posted by jackovesk (here)
    Quote Posted by VaughnB (here)

Define: Climate Change..?

I just read this article...

Quote (The UN council on Climate Change keeps changing it's predictions.) They escalate by magnitudes, as when it was predicated about the onset of level 5 hurricanes in the Gulf would start occurring in the next century. Well after Katrina, Hugo etc. we know how wrong they were. No one on the Gulf Coast can get insurance, everyone's TV in hurricane season is tuned to the weather channel wondering, "Are we next?".
    The UN council on Climate Change - Say NO more..!

Quote We've hit peak oil at $147/barrel in 2008 which sent the markets reeling. When are we going to wake up? We are really in a big crisis on so many fronts. There is a way out getting beyond elite energy to distributed energy.

How do you think the NWO Globalist (UN) are going to fund their One World Govt. & Currency..?

Wake Up..!

PSS - Feel Free to (Challenge Me) on anything I have said 'above', I would only be too happy to oblige...

I will get back to this if you don't mind, my partner and I are having some together time tonight. I am going to be a little harsh here, but that is your general tone, and I feel strongly that your view on this is erroneous and dangerous. I may be wrong, but I assume you have no more than a fundamental understanding of the basics of organic chemistry, and the complex interplay between all of the earth's cycles, including thermohyaline circulation, so my reply will take a while to frame. I don't expect to change your view, but I may prevent others from buying your unsubstantiated rhetoric. There are certain physical properties of our world that the NWO can not alter at will. In fact, I'll just provide my case in a post come to think of it, and by all means feel free to join in on a perusal of facts pertaining to the physical properties of our universe.

But I will say, if people are convinced by things like this https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...thing-as-CO2-- then God help us. That, my friend, is what is known as yellow journalism.

24. Link to Post #14
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Come to Florida.

The weather's a delight (80 degrees today); the casinos are full of people with lots of money; the beaches are pristine; most inhabitants are obese, so obviously food is plentiful; you'll live to a ripe old age; tons of doctors and hospitals for when you get a little ill.

I cannot fathom why people live in cold climates when you have a tropical state in the USA. It's like being in St. Martin 365 days/year.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to parcival For This Post:

ketturah (12th November 2011)

26. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

I moved my family and myself, in an act of full faith and trust, to the sunny southern California coast - right in the heart of major earthquake and tsunami zones. As for the possible storms etc - I am looking forward to better surf =)

27. Link to Post #16
    United States Avalon Member GlassSteagallfan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,530 times in 987 posts

Hmmm...
    I thought that we were in global cooling since the '70's and the global warming fear mongering would provide Carbon Taxes to fund the NWO.

28. Link to Post #17
    Germany Avalon Member christian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,119 times in 2,959 posts

Quote Posted by music (here)

Wake Up..!

I will get back to this if you don't mind, my partner and I are having some together time tonight. I am going to be a little harsh here, but that is your general tone, and I feel strongly that your view on this is erroneous and dangerous. I may be wrong, but I assume you have no more than a fundamental understanding of the basics of organic chemistry, and the complex interplay between all of the earth's cycles, including thermohyaline circulation, so my reply will take a while to frame. I don't expect to change your view, but I may prevent others from buying your unsubstantiated rhetoric. There are certain physical properties of our world that the NWO can not alter at will. In fact, I'll just provide my case in a post come to think of it, and by all means feel free to join in on a perusal of facts pertaining to the physical properties of our universe.

But I will say, if people are convinced by things like this https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...thing-as-CO2-- then God help us. That, my friend, is what is known as yellow journalism.
    Music, a couple of points: No need to be harsh, and don't make excuses for being so. Secondly, I'd appreciate you challenging the facts instead of attacking someone ad hominem. You just dropped some scientific terms there.

-----

This is from a 2009 article from infowars.com:
    In the 1991 publication “The First Global Revolution: A Report to the Club of Rome” by Alexander King and Bertrand Schneider, the common denominator that the world would need to rally around was identified in all clarity:

“In searching for a new enemy to unite us, we came up with the idea that pollution,the threat of global warming, water shortages, famine and the like would fit the bill. All these dangers are caused by human intervention, and it is only through changed attitudes and behavior that they can be overcome. The real enemy then, is humanity itself.”

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to christian For This Post:

Fred Steeves (14th November 2011), jackovesk (13th November 2011), shamanseeker (14th November 2011)

30. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

Quote Posted by chiquetet (here)
    Quote Posted by music (here)

Wake Up..!

Music, a couple of points: No need to be harsh, and don't make excuses for being so. Secondly, I'd appreciate you challenging the facts instead of attacking someone ad hominem. You just dropped some scientific terms there.

-----

This is from a 2009 article from infowars.com:
    In the 1991 publication “The First Global Revolution: A Report to the Club of Rome” by Alexander King and Bertrand Schneider, the common denominator that the world would need to rally around was identified in all clarity:

“In searching for a new enemy to unite us, we came up with the idea that pollution,the threat of global warming, water shortages, famine and the like would fit the bill. All these dangers are caused by human intervention, and it is only through changed attitudes and behavior that they can be overcome. The real enemy then, is humanity itself.”
    We need to differentiate here between:

1) what are verifiable scientific facts extrapolated across multiple complex systems of which we are yet to have a complete understanding, resulting in recommendations of best practice to avoid disaster (climate change issue), and;

2) the use of this scenario by the elites to further their own ends (agendas such as the divisive carbon tax debate)

Just because this is being used (and it is being used), it does not change the facts. We have one planet to live on, and the safeguarding of that planet is our number one priority. We are caretakers of not only the planet, but all forms of life that we have made subordinate and dependent upon our whim. We have a moral obligation not just to ourselves and future generations, but to all life on this planet. Are we mature beings, or are we children who will destroy our home while squabbling over the toys?

31. The Following User Says Thank You to music For This Post:

Art (12th November 2011)

32. Link to Post #19
    Germany Avalon Member christian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,119 times in 2,959 posts

Perfectly fine. I'm all for being a mature stewart of this lovely planet.

Yet I still wonder what about jackovesk's statements you found dangerous and why you do so. The way I see it, he simply puts his finger on the elite's scheme, where they use the disguise of environmentalism to further their agenda. The reasons and solutions the elite presents regarding climate change are made up. - But of course there are real environmental issues and of course these should be dealt with, nobody here says we should not care about the environment, I figure. You were questioning jacko's scientific understanding, what exactly were you referring to or do I have something completly wrong here?

33. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to christian For This Post:

Art (12th November 2011), Fred Steeves (14th November 2011), jackovesk (13th November 2011), NancyV (13th November 2011), shamanseeker (14th November 2011)

34. Link to Post #20
    Thanks

Quote Posted by chiquetet (here)
    Perfectly fine. I'm all for being a mature stewart of this lovely planet.

Yet I still wonder what about jackovesk's statements you found dangerous and why you do so. The way I see it, he simply puts his finger on the elite's scheme, where they use the disguise of environmentalism to further their agenda. The reasons and solutions the elite presents regarding climate change are made up. - But of course there are real environmental issues and of course these should be dealt with, nobody here says we should not care about the environment, I figure. You were questioning jacko's scientific understanding, what exactly were you referring to or do I have something completly wrong here?
    The phrase "throwing the baby out with the bathwater" comes to mind. While most of jackovesk's posts are informative, he has such a bee in his bonnet about the whole climate change issue, that he is a focal point here for people who totally deny the possibility that we are in danger of rendering this planet highly inhospitable to us. I also take issue with his "proof", yellow jounalism that nit-picks things like the term carbon being used instead of CO2. Carbon is a highly common and fairly innocuous element on it's own, but it is not a gas, and to be transported into the environment as a "pollutant", it mostly must be entrained with oxygen or hydrogen. Everybody with any science knows that, but the carbon debate is framed to address the source of CO2 or CH4 or CO, and to ensure as much C remains sequestered within the environment in it's inert state. The issue isn't that we breath out CO2 (which the herioc MSM journalist needlessly points out in the article I refer to above), the issue is the amount of gaseous carbon in the atmosphere. The only thing that has given us a safety net so far is that the sea naturally sequesters excess CO2 at the moment, but we have no idea of the ultimate capacity for it to do so. Excess sequestered C in the seas also has an effect on thermohyaline circulation, another disaster in the making. It is complex, and real, and treating it as a hobby-horse and Gillard bashing exercise detracts from the issue. So, yes, it is dangerous.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast