+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: This evening i was given a second chance

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks

Default This evening i was given a second chance

I made the foolish decision of going out too sea today with my father, without a life-jacket. We were at the very head of the estuary fishing for sea trout. We were both remarking about how torrential the current was, my only words to describe it were utterly ferocious. I decided to make the clever move of standing up at the front of the boat to take a leak. The boat was rocking back and forth as my mind was telling me how bad of an idea this was. Then an image flashed in my mind, it was me in the water battling against the current. But i just shrugged it off.

Seconds later a series of events unfolded that was way beyond anything id ever expected. I noticed that the anchor had come loose and the boat was being dragged away with the current, i looked back at my father and told him, he said something about me acting as a sail making the boat pull it away. That was the last memory I had of being in the boat. The next thing I was in the water, wearing 2 layers of tracksuit bottoms and one pair of jeans, 2 t-shirts and a heavy hoodie, along with my shoes, my first thought was "I really didnt think it would end like this, im a goner". I battled as much as i could to keep my head above water but the current was so terribly ferocious at that very moment that i knew there was no possible way of living through this. Not with all of them clothes, not with that current, not without a lifejacket, and not with the amount of time it was taking my father to start the boat let alone catch up with me. By the time my father started the engine, which he was right beside, id been swept 200 metres away from the boat, just like that, as quick as you'd click your fingers.

It was over, there was no way i could keep my head above water any longer, all of my energy was gone, my clothes and shoes were dragging me under, i was disorientated, and in shock, and about to go under 50 ft of water. But then, I shouted in my head, (along with "shhit shhit shhit") "I WANT TO LIVE!!!!!" And envisioned myself sitting in the boat soaking wet, but relieved. (it worked to get me in there, so i figured why not, its that or die lol..)
    At that very moment my arms got lighter, the current started to loose its grip on me as if something was holding me steady at the top of the water, as if something was keeping me from going under. After what seemed like forever my father managed to get the boat close enough to me that i could grab his arm. I hugged that boat like a baby hugs its mother.

Im not sure how i feel right now. My dad brought me on to the beach so i could get dried off. I wanted to cry but i couldnt. But the urge was so intense, such a powerfull energy in my chest just bursting to get out. But still, ive not been able to cry, maybe later.

As i was feeling a bit crappy on the way down to the sea this afternoon, I had made a conscious decision to just surrender myself to the universe. Knowing that i was in fact surrendering to my own visualisations. And boy, did my own visions come bite me in the ass.. but then came to save my life. This comes at a point in my life where im just rediscovering the power of our own imagination when properly utilised. And this was God kicking the point. I killed myself with my own mind, and then saved myself.

Its that or.. i dunno. *scratches head*

Thoughts?

By the way, its good to see you guys again
    Last edited by jack; 8th September 2017 at 22:15.

2. Link to Post #2
    France Avalon Member Elandiel BernElve's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: This evening i was given a second chance

Intruiging and good to have you with us, may new insights prove you well
    Capitaine Elandiel BernElve
    Lightwarrior

3. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

Believe me , its good to be here

Thanks for making a stranger feel good and dropping by to say hi. It was too close a call. Way to close. But very intriguing as you say.

4. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

Never give up, never surrender...glad you made it mate!
    Little things like this connect us with our inner strengths. You come out of this more in tune with life. ;-)

5. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,831 times in 304 posts

Hi Jack, what an amazing story! Thanks for sharing. How about your dad? It must have given him a terrible
    scare.
    caren

6. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

Thanks eligos One things for certain, this is symbolic of the death of the old self, and rebirth of the new. And with the way it happened, wow.

This might be a double post because i clicked on it already but it didnt show up.

Yep caren, he was terrified. He told me afterwords that he thought for sure that was it, theres no way of staying up with all of them clothes and the speed of the current. Its a damned good thing that anchor had come loose otherwise by the time it would have taken for him to pull it, i'd have run out of steam.

7. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,543 times in 32,789 posts

Hi, Jack - many thanks to you for sharing that story with us.

Where are you? You sounded like you were in Ireland or Scotland...

I used to do a lot of mountaineering, sailing, skiing, kayaking, etc, and I've had several experiences a little like that. The following story I've never told publicly before.

Once, 27 years ago, I came out of my kayak on a pretty wild Norwegian river - having broken the cardinal rule of kayaking, which is never go on the river alone. Usually this would not be a big problem, but the water was so heavy, cold and fast (glacial meltwater) that I was powerless. I'd never been in water like that before. I kept being sucked under, and pretty soon I was becoming very tired indeed. A couple of miles downstream there was a killer waterfall about 100 feet high, so I knew I had a few minutes only to get out of there. But there was nothing I could do.

But like you, I made the decision to live. As the river rounded a bend, I swam as hard as I could towards the bank. Like the proverbial drowning man, I JUST grabbed hold of a bunch of grass... which held my weight. I dragged myself onto the bank like a great fish... and decided that was the end of my vacation.

Lesson learned...
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 28th June 2010 at 22:44.

8. Link to Post #8
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,814 times in 3,730 posts

Quote "I WANT TO LIVE!!!!!"" And envisioned myself sitting in the boat soaking wet, but relieved.
    Jack,

That was the key.

Question: do you think you had a choice?

I had an experience like this - not quite so dramatic, but mine stretched over a few weeks, but it was potentially life ending all the same. I was a blubbery cry baby for a couple of months afterwards, so if that happens to you dont worry about it - it passes.

Best thing is to forget your "male" programming and have a few really good bawling sessions

Whatever - its pretty good to see you posting.

John..
    Last edited by Anchor; 28th June 2010 at 22:45.
    -- Let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all --

9. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

Quote Posted by John (here)
    Jack,

That was the key.

Question: do you think you had a choice?

I had an experience like this - not quite so dramatic, but mine stretched over a few weeks, but it was potentially life ending all the same. I was a blubbery cry baby for a couple of months afterwards, so if that happens to you dont worry about it - it passes.

Best thing is to forget your "male" programming and have a few really good bawling sessions

John..

Hey Anchor!

Yep, you hit the nail on the head. I got myself in there, and i got myself out again. Of course.. I had a choice, there is always a choice. And thats one of the most powerful lessons i think im ever going to learn. Its why i decided to share this with you guys tonight. Because it wasnt just a simple case of almost drowning. There was a massive spiritual presence, a massive spiritual lesson that will be ingrained into my psyche until the day that the water actually does take me under. This is the second time ive almost drowned in the space of two weeks. Two weeks ago, to the day actually, i was out bodyboarding and went to far. The current started pulling me out to sea, and there was no way in hell i could swim back. But then like what happened today I made that decision to live, pushed my body under the water and dug my toes into the sand and went on the most excruciating march of my life back to dry land. The universe obviously felt as though the point had not been delivered at that point, but by the salt water in my stomach, and the sand still in my hair, that point has well and truly been drivin home today. The power of intent, the power of will, is miraculously powerful.

Jack,

John..
    Thats what my pillow is in for as soon as i head off to bed

10. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

Hi Bill, Thanks for sharing your experience also.

Its probably one of the most frightening and helpless experiences anyone can encounter. When the force of nature makes us realise just how small and powerless we really are on a "physical level". But thats not true on a mental/spiritual level. Thats what i believe this was all about. "Great Spirit", as I like to call it, put me in a situation where i was utterly and completely helpless on a physical level, in essence doomed, in order to show me just how powerful us humans are on a mental/spiritual level. More powerful then we could ever be with just our physical bodies.

Talking about this is really bringing it all to the surface, and it feels pretty good to be finally making some sense of it. So thanks to everyone for your views and opinions, its helped lots.

11. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

wow, you told that story well... reading that... i was there with you!! Glad to see you're still alive... OR ARE YOU!?!

I would say you are one lucky mofo...and you too Bill! But i don't know if i believe in luck! Near death experiences really can unlock latent strengths and abilities.. How do you feel now?
    Help make people aware on Facebook ->
    1.TV Soap Opera's are PSYOPS!
    2.Fluoride-Free Dental Hygiene

12. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

Hey Baelsfire, thanks for droppin by.

How do i feel? Sandy. Need a shower but i left all of my energy in the water lol.

Apart from that, hmmm, a bit sore, like ive just spent a week in the gym. But much better after talking with you guys. Emotionally... Theres a child waiting to burst out and roll around on the floor crying his little eyes out.

13. Link to Post #13
    United States Avalon Member Beth's Avatar
    Thanks

Glad you're still with us Jack

I had an experience that defied all logic (and physics, lol). About 14 years ago I was driving in the mountains of Washington and I had a semi truck to my right and one was speeding up to the left of me and merging into me. I saw a women in a car ahead of me looking at me in her rear view mirror that could see I was in quite a pickle. I was trying to speed up, but it was a small car and I was accelerating up the mountain. I just thought to myself "oh boy, this is it for me." Next thing you know, in the blink of an eye, I'm ahead of both semi trucks and that women in the car ahead of me gave me the thumbs up and next thing you know she and her car vanished. I got off at the next exit and stopped at a gas station just shaking. Crazy stuff!

14. Link to Post #14
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,831 times in 304 posts

Hi again Jack,

Interesting about that anchor you mentioned earlier. Glad to hear you're okay. What an amazing father/son bonding to story to share with family and friends for years to come.

I have a daughter who was in competitive kayaking for a number of years (it's big here in Nova Scotia). When she was 13 her coach took her and other team members to Florida for their annual training camp. I don't remember the exact location, but one evening four of them were on the water practicing with their coach following behind in a small motor boat.

As they were traveling the wind suddenly picked up and the girls got separated from their coach. Being totally unfamiliar with the area they became afraid and were trying not to panic. It began to get dark and my daughter saw some lights in the distance. They paddled toward the lights against a strong wind and against their fear of possible alligators in the area. They managed to reach shore and knocked on the door of a nearby house without any idea of how to get in touch with their coach. Eventually their coach found them and all was well, but when the incident occurred the thing that was foremost in my mind was not only the danger they were in, but the determination they had to move beyond their fear when in a difficult situation.

All the best,

Caren
    Last edited by Caren; 29th June 2010 at 01:37.

15. Link to Post #15
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,626 times in 238 posts

Jack,

I'm so happy for you! What a terrifying-ly awesome adventure!

Thank you so much for sharing this with us, friend. I will forever remember to scream inside my head...I WANT TO LIVE!!!!!
    Let go or be dragged. -Zen proverb

16. Link to Post #16
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,814 times in 3,730 posts

@pilotsimone: It was the bit after the "I WANT TO LIVE" that did it though - the taking responsibility and manifesting the solution.

Jack referred to a spiritual presence. Jack was rescued by none other than himself, the spiritual forces merely responded to a correctly formulated order from a creator being.

John..
    -- Let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all --

17. Link to Post #17
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,626 times in 238 posts

@pilotsimone: It was the bit after the "I WANT TO LIVE" that did it though - the taking responsibility and manifesting the solution.

Jack referred to a spiritual presence. Jack was rescued by none other than himself, the spiritual forces merely responded to a correctly formulated order from a creator being.

John..
    Thank you. I appreciate the response, but I think you're reading too much into my statement.
    Let go or be dragged. -Zen proverb

18. Link to Post #18
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,424 times in 1,076 posts

Glad you made it Jack

thoughts make things happen that's for sure

perhaps you have been graced with a spiritual lesson in right thinking

I didn't have the time to think when I fell asleep behind the wheels

so I can't credence my mind

for driving the car several miles

and putting me in my bed

I never underestimate the power of will and intent

but some times miracles happen which defy logic

19. Link to Post #19
    Canada Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,618 times in 479 posts

Quote Posted by jack (here)
    ..."I WANT TO LIVE!!!!!" And envisioned myself sitting in the boat soaking wet, but relieved...
    Beautiful! The spirit is strong! Long life to you jack and may this experience teach you how powerful your spirit is. The energy you gathered in this intention "I WANT TO LIVE!!!!!" was tremendous. If we could manage to do it for our Earth and humanity. "I WANT YOU TO LIVE!!!!!"

Namaste, Steven

20. Link to Post #20
    Thanks

Wink Re: This evening i was given a second chance

Jack the times when we come face to face with death is a life changing experience we never forget. I had a few of those in my life. Here in Puerto Rico I love to go out for a swim in the ocean , normally I try not to go out too far specially if there's no one around. One day I took one of my daughters who was about 4 years old at the time , while she play with the kids of a family I knew, I asked the lady if she could watch my daughter while I went for a quick swim, as she said yes I quickly dove into the ocean and proceed it to go for my normal swim. I was so inspire that I swan a couple of miles away from the shore, all of the sudden the sunny weather change and some strong winds began to stir the waves in the ocean , before I knew it I got hit by a strong wave and I got drag down to the bottom as I got back up to the surface I got hit again by a strong ocean wave this went on for about 5 minutes which seem like an eternity to me because I spend most of the time fighting underneath the ocean water, as I was about to give up the picture of my daughter eagerly waiting for her dad on the shore engulf me with an incredible feeling that I was going to live no matter how much water I swallow. I was going to get to see my little daughter again and I ask for help, "please give me the strength to swim back to the shore, I don't want my daughter to suffer because her father drown in the ocean". The next thing I knew I felt someone lifting me up to the surface I muster all the determination and will power to swim my way back to see my little daughter as I made it to shore I ran to her and embraced her, exhausted but relief and ever so grateful to be alive .

Thanks Jack and everyone for sharing your experience of life and death.

Many many blessings to all.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast