+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Magnets for health

1. Link to Post #1
    England Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Magnets for health

Im on a personal quest to find a cure for my back pain. I broke 4 bones in my lower back when i was 21. This has healed but in the process i have worn away the cartilage and now im unable to run. Im only 34 and i feel like 54!

I stumbled across the magnet theory a little while back and decided to give it a shot. I mean, anything is worth a try. I would even love just to be able to get on an exercise bike once again let alone run. Anyway im only a couple of days in and already im feeling the pain has subsided. That constant dull pain that you feel with every movement is not as intense as it was. Not that im ready to stick my running shoes back on again but the pain has dropped nonetheless..

Anybody else had any good experience with this or am i wasting my time?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soul Safari For This Post:

Bill Ryan (31st October 2019), Cara (31st October 2019)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks

Default Re: Magnets for health

I have constant trouble with my elbow. Broken twice, had a scope to clean out the debris. Every time if flares up, I put my magnet on it for a couple of days and it's good for months. The trick is to have a magnet thats strong enough. Those magnet bands and pads sold on line are useless. Not strong enough. I have an industrial strength magnet from K&J magnetics and I've used it for years. It's so strong It comes with a warning. No, I'm not affiliated with K&J. Just a customer. I'm convinced.

Menkaure

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Menkaure For This Post:

Bill Ryan (31st October 2019), Cara (31st October 2019), Lord Sidious (16th November 2011), percival tyro (16th November 2011), Soul Safari (16th November 2011)

5. Link to Post #3
    England Avalon Member
    Thanks

Thanks Menkaure..

And what about magnatised water? Does that have any benefits??

SS

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Soul Safari For This Post:

Bill Ryan (31st October 2019)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Moderator Sue (Ayt)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,478 times in 2,544 posts

Bumping this old thread because I found a recent study about the health benefits of static magnetic fields. It seems like magnets are pretty much accepted now for accelerated wound healing and bone strength, from looking through some other articles.

Quote Abstract

Stress is a state of vulnerable homeostasis that alters the physiological and behavioral responses. Stress induces oxidative damage in several organs including the brain, liver, kidney, stomach, and heart. Preliminary findings suggested that the magnetic stimulation could accelerate the healing processes and has been an effective complementary therapy in different pathologies. However, the mechanism of action of static magnetic fields (SMFs) is not well understood. In this study, we demonstrated the effects of static magnetic fields (0.8 mT) in a restraint stressed animal model, focusing on changes in different markers of oxidative damage. A significant increase in the plasma levels of nitric oxide (NO), malondialdehyde (MDA), and advanced oxidation protein products (AOPP), and a decrease in superoxide dismutase (SOD), glutathione (GSH), and glycation end products (AGEs) were observed in restraint stress model. Exposure to SMFs over 5 days (30, 60, and 240 min/day) caused a decrease in the NO, MDA, AGEs, and AOPP levels; in contrast, the SOD and GSH levels increased. The response to SMFs was time-dependent. Thus, we proposed that exposure to weak-intensity SMFs could offer a complementary therapy by attenuating oxidative stress. Our results provided a new perspective in health studies, particularly in the context of oxidative stress.
    Static Magnetic Fields Modulate the Response of Different Oxidative Stress Markers in a Restraint Stress Model Animal
    "We're all bozos on this bus"

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sue (Ayt) For This Post:

Bill Ryan (31st October 2019), Cara (31st October 2019), Hervé (31st October 2019)

9. Link to Post #5
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,481 times in 1,331 posts

Quote Posted by Ayt (here)
    Bumping this old thread because I found a recent study about the health benefits of static magnetic fields. It seems like magnets are pretty much accepted now for accelerated wound healing and bone strength, from looking through some other articles.

Quote Abstract

Stress is a state of vulnerable homeostasis that alters the physiological and behavioral responses. Stress induces oxidative damage in several organs including the brain, liver, kidney, stomach, and heart. Preliminary findings suggested that the magnetic stimulation could accelerate the healing processes and has been an effective complementary therapy in different pathologies. However, the mechanism of action of static magnetic fields (SMFs) is not well understood. In this study, we demonstrated the effects of static magnetic fields (0.8 mT) in a restraint stressed animal model, focusing on changes in different markers of oxidative damage. A significant increase in the plasma levels of nitric oxide (NO), malondialdehyde (MDA), and advanced oxidation protein products (AOPP), and a decrease in superoxide dismutase (SOD), glutathione (GSH), and glycation end products (AGEs) were observed in restraint stress model. Exposure to SMFs over 5 days (30, 60, and 240 min/day) caused a decrease in the NO, MDA, AGEs, and AOPP levels; in contrast, the SOD and GSH levels increased. The response to SMFs was time-dependent. Thus, we proposed that exposure to weak-intensity SMFs could offer a complementary therapy by attenuating oxidative stress. Our results provided a new perspective in health studies, particularly in the context of oxidative stress.
    Static Magnetic Fields Modulate the Response of Different Oxidative Stress Markers in a Restraint Stress Model Animal
    Thank you, Ayt! This is most interesting.

I had a dream / vision about how to use magnets to further well-being. The picture I got was of magnets placed at chakra points and I have been wondering about the alignment of the magnetic fields (I.e. which way should the north poles of the magnets sit?)

I see from this paper that the north to south field was created along the length of the rat. So, that answers my question!
    *I have loved the stars too dearly to be fearful of the night*

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cara For This Post:

Bill Ryan (31st October 2019)

+ Reply to Thread