Results 1,561 to 1,580 of 1775

Thread: The Bible

1. Link to Post #1561
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,178 times in 1,466 posts

Default Re: The Bible

Quote Posted by GCS1103 (here)
    Click-on forwarding arrow to see the content of GCS1103's comment.
    As I've clearly stated in past comments, GCS, I would be more than happy to stay clear of this thread if not for the evangelizing Mr. Zra (and others commenting in this thread) are doing throughout the forum in an attempt to gain converts to (what should be obvious to any critical thinking individual) a failed theology.

Further, most of my comments in this thread have been in reply to comments made to me by members within this thread.

My 'problem' is not that I'm angry - an assumption wholly being made by you. (Please take a momet and read my signature. It has gone relatively unchanged since I joined the Forum)

My 'problem' is that nowhere on the forum - other than on this thread - are threats of eternal damnation being made to other members for not believing in one's dogma. This rhetoric is clearly a violation of Forum Rules.

Nowhere, will you find a comment made by me to that effect in support of my thesis.

I do not call for censorship, as you are suggesting. I call for an end to the repeated threats of implied violence being made, here, in this thread.

[update]
    My call to the moderators to close this thread in my comment #1557 was because of this continuing "implied threat of violence" in reply to the comments I make here-in. You will note, in just the next comment from Mr. Zra, there was an implied threat of violence. I have complained to the moderation team repeatedly about this aspect of this thread. Any time one tries to make a point contrary to the Christian Biblical Point of View, within this thread, one is replied with an implied threat of violence.

This is why I say this thread is a pointless debate and has no place on the Forum.
    Last edited by observer; 20th July 2012 at 15:04. Reason: clarity/add text

2. Link to Post #1562
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,244 times in 914 posts

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)
    Hi Kreagle
    Having known Dan for some years on line I would say that he has studied the Bible in great depth.
    The danger in using only one reference work ie the Bible is that there is no cross check as to validity of all of it.
    I have no doubt that some of it is accurate as to the word and actions of Jesus.

As a parallel in order to navigate you can use triangulation to find the true position you occupy.
    At least two reference points are used.

Dan has looked at many references-- his name says it all Truth seeker.
    Only the Truth will satisfy Dan--- same applies to me.

Many references point to the unconditional---non judgmental-- love of God--- though what you sow you reap.
    You determine through your thoughts words and deeds your destination after death not God-- though He will show mercy if asked.
    Every sage throughout time speaks of the Love of God.

I believe we are One consciousness evolving.
    God did not stop creating after 6 days--- creation and evolution is on going.
    We live in an expanding universe.
    Science has proven we are in a conscious universe-- every atom alive--- the space, the void, the vacuum-- is alive.
    God equals life eternal-- that Magnificence we call God is beyond human understanding--- yet we are God manifest if we but know it.
    Jesus said as much.
    The enlightened sages say they are form, formless, both, neither and beyond that.
    They see their essence is within everything.
    Look under a stone and you will find me there--- consciousness--awareness-- which is what we are (in varied levels of spiritual vibration/God essence) is everywhere.--- Sages say enlightened state is formless timeless and non location. Non location is every where.

The Bible is a good starting point and for some may be enough, others use it as a jumping off point.

The ultimate Truth-----Only God is-------One without a second.

With Love
    Chris

Bless you Chris for an honest soul!
    Love, love - and see what happens

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Beren For This Post:

GCS1103 (20th July 2012), RedeZra (20th July 2012), truthseekerdan (20th July 2012)

4. Link to Post #1563
    Thanks

I think that no one is wasting anyone's time.
    We're exploring possibilities and who has the right to tell the other to shut up?

If you want to shut up anyone ,to devoid them of free speech right or free expression right-especially here where people are giving their best to be polite against totally different POV then ...
    Then you're not very ...hmmm what would be the most accurate observation...
    -not ready for higher form of thought-

How can we grow in life and understanding when basic principles are neglected?

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Beren For This Post:

GCS1103 (20th July 2012), RedeZra (20th July 2012)

6. Link to Post #1564
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,004 times in 2,540 posts

Observer and Red,
    Everyone has the right to practice their own form of religion, or not. However, free will says you need not drink when you're not thirsty. I need to add that pushing one's religion on others and trying to force feed them the idea that they are going to hell or are in league with the devil just isn't neighbourly. In fact it's polarizing. Red, please try not to cram your beliefs down the throats of others; discuss them. And Observer, if this thread isn't to your liking then you are free to move to another. No one is forcing you here. This thread will remain open.

From the Heart,
    Wormhole

7. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kristin For This Post:

Beren (20th July 2012), GCS1103 (20th July 2012), greybeard (20th July 2012), heyokah (20th July 2012), kreagle (20th July 2012), observer (20th July 2012), RedeZra (20th July 2012), truthseekerdan (20th July 2012)

8. Link to Post #1565
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,424 times in 1,076 posts

Quote Posted by observer (here)
    Quote Posted by RedeZra (here)
    preach Christ or perish....
    [....snip]
    "preach Christ or perish

that is the God given assignment"
    I strongly protest to the Moderation Team

This theme has been a continuing diatribe in Mr. Zra's comments, i.e. "eternal damnation in a lake of fire", or "damning one's eternal soul to hell", and now, "accept his failed dogma, or die".

This sort of rhetoric is in direct violation of the Forum Rules.

what about this world being a soul farm for hungry reps ?

that's not exactly a bed time story either

9. Link to Post #1566
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,178 times in 1,466 posts

Quote Posted by Kristin (here)
    Observer and Red,
    Everyone has the right to practice their own form of religion, or not. However, free will says you need not drink when you're not thirsty. I need to add that pushing one's religion on others and trying to force feed them the idea that they are going to hell or are in league with the devil just isn't neighbourly. In fact it's polarizing. Red, please try not to cram your beliefs down the throats of others; discuss them. And Observer, if this thread isn't to your liking then you are free to move to another. No one is forcing you here. This thread will remain open.

From the Heart,
    Wormhole
    Thank you Kristin for your reasonable moderation in this matter.

And, with that I will leave this thread to those wishing to remain confused....

10. Link to Post #1567
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Kristin (here)
    Red, please try not to cram your beliefs down the throats of others; discuss them.

so do you want some toppings on the cream ? jk ; )

11. Link to Post #1568
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

LOL! Sure, how about blueberries, I love those, and a few of those yummy mint leaves as a garnish!

In Humour,
    Wormhole

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Kristin For This Post:

RedeZra (20th July 2012)

13. Link to Post #1569
    Unsubscribed
    the foothills of le Massif Central, France
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,829 times in 1,059 posts

OMG. Red, did you bribe her with a cookie???

14. Link to Post #1570
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Hey, I'm not beyond having a chuckle once in a while!!! OK, Mod hat back on...

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Kristin For This Post:

RedeZra (20th July 2012)

16. Link to Post #1571
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Observer bro has made one important observation

we got a problem with hyperdimensional entities

every religion philosophy opinion or thought about God

have been whispered and imparted by these hyperdimensional entities

also David Icke gets his ideas from them

Yahweh and Yeshua are also hyperdimensional beings

not only to us

but also to all the other hyperdimensional beings

i think perhaps Yahweh is Yeshua

Jesus Christ
    Last edited by RedeZra; 20th July 2012 at 16:09.

17. Link to Post #1572
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

many think my take on things are strict

and i agree

but it is in the Bible

18. Link to Post #1573
    Thanks

Sorry for Observer but he think by his replies here that his findings got him kinda elevated than the rest, in reality he continued judging other opinions save his own.
    What made him think that he's "got" it and others didn't --I don't know...

A sign that someone has a pride problem is adamantly refusing other opinion and calling names upon others who does not agree with him.

That's silly and a sign of non progress.

If one doesn't agree with you and your understanding and your opinion about the things you found - then it must be that other one is ,limited, a slave, reptile or such...
    this is nonsense !

This is Ego first hand.
    Hence I recommend Greybeard's thread regarding Ego for a start.

No harsh feelings just plain observation of what is happening.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Beren For This Post:

GCS1103 (20th July 2012), greybeard (20th July 2012), RedeZra (20th July 2012)

20. Link to Post #1574
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Beren (here)
    Sorry for Observer but he think by his replies here that his findings got him kinda elevated than the rest, in reality he continued judging other opinions save his own.

some times Beren bro we are so convinced

that we cannot tolerate another opinion

and so we become thought police

censoring and suppressing

thoughts we don't agree with

that is a path we don't want to walk
    Last edited by RedeZra; 20th July 2012 at 16:21.

21. Link to Post #1575
    Thanks

and i agree

but it is in the Bible
    Yes Red ,it's in the Bible but Bible has many layers so our understanding has to change if we learn more.
    Fire and brimstone are just one part of the Bible.

But truthfully main message is love and its manifold layers.
    Yes even fire and brimstone are part of Love.

In God we are alive and everything that we experience is worthy of the same.
    Even death,fire,curse and such.
    When we raise up on God's level we would see that all those are stages and parts of whole experience.

In these 3d bodies we understand few things but up there we know all.

So if one comes and screams about Blood thirsty God of Bible ,then one simply didn't look from all angles and didn't explored further . One is thus locked in the current 3d pattern of thought- a very limiting one.
    Would anyone crucify me now for saying that we all chose what we experience in life so if it's death or murder of abundance - IT?S OUR CHOICE in this game of life to seek experience where we will grow and understand more ,after all we will all be elevated in God and any possible damage will be repaired ,so why worry about concepts of yesterday?

When will a man understand that every single thing that is written in bible or wherever is written by man and is about man?

Law of cause and effect says that what you make as a cause- will have an effect.
    Everytime!

So if you kill, you will be reimbursed with the same or more energy to level your that cause.
    And God is an ultimate deliverer,whom btw advices that we choose wisely for everything will be done according to choice .

So if one caused evil - he will reap consequences in time and space.

Now some cries foul!
    Nope son, it's the law- CAUSE AND EFFECT.

Taste your causes.

And then we have people who in blind rage cannot see this but blindly continue sinning (missing the aim of God's laws) thus reaping consequences of all their choices..

But then hey! God is guilty of this. God is to be blamed!
    Give me a break ignorant man!

I called you ignorant but I love you.
    I named you ignorant because I observe of what you currently are. Does that make me evil or your foe?
    I love you thus pointing out your current state in hope you will change your choices thus making anew way of your experience!

People, let's grow up- shall we?

Wonder why no one from ET's from higher dimensions came up openly yet???

Maybe we'd accuse them of our problems...
    Like we do to God, earth,people, and all we lay an eye upon.

Problem isn't outside - it's in us!

So instead naming OP RedeZra here as a nut or whatever , why not listen to yourself and actually listen the core of his message?
    Or I am the one to blame?
    Maybe Chris or trutseekerdan?
    Or Kreagle or whomever!

I call all to grow up and see the message for it is message of Love for God's sake!

I bless you all for you are all my brothers and sister- no exceptions!

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Beren For This Post:

GCS1103 (20th July 2012), greybeard (20th July 2012), RedeZra (20th July 2012)

23. Link to Post #1576
    Thanks

Quote Posted by heyokah (here)
    OMG. Red, did you bribe her with a cookie???
    I suspect a brownie ?!?

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Beren For This Post:

RedeZra (20th July 2012)

25. Link to Post #1577
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,091 times in 601 posts

[U]God is not found in meditation[/U]

but in prayer and praises
    A brief reply to your post:

These are the notes from a class I taught on this subject. You have to reach people where they are at in their understanding, and not just make blanket statements.

Christian Meditation

"Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all." (1 Tim. 4:15).

To understand the importance of meditation in the life of a Christian one need only look to the scriptures, for the references are in abundance if you are willing to search them out. In the Psalms are many of the references I speak of, and it is there that we frequently see the importance of "meditating": "I will meditate also of all thy work, and talk of thy doings." (Psalms 77:12). "I will meditate on Your precepts, And contemplate Your ways." (Psalms 119:15).

Meditation is not something regulated to the cults, or to a past and ancient time, it is as much for us today in our modern age as it was for mankind in any day – maybe even more so.

Meditation has lost much of its form in today's Christian society, even though it has had a reappearance in some Christian cultures in the last few decades. Many people have shied away from it believing that it has something to do with a satanic or cultic practice – but the fact remains that the Bible is full of references that point us to meditation and its use, but it must be understood in order to guide us away from the fear of the unknown, and for it to be effective in our life. We must not allow what other religions and cults do drive us away from a spiritual practice that is both beneficial and practical to us in our daily and spiritual lives. We must in fact take back from them what is a part of our true spiritual heritage, else we forfeit something noble and impartial that God has given to us for our profit.

Meditation is a part of a spiritual lifestyle, and for your utmost benefit should be incorporated into your life on a daily basis. Meditation takes on many different forms, and contemplative meditation and silent meditation are two of these.

Contemplative meditation is to take a scripture and seek the inner, deeper, understanding of it as it pertains to you life and situation. Silent meditation is just being still and listening for the still small Voice of God within you, without any of your words or thoughts, and is much deeper and difficult to attain. With practice and patience you will get there, and it is in this spiritual atmosphere that the Holy Spirit will be welcome within your being to guide you into all truth.

Meditation is like prayer in that it has many different variations and functions – several different levels of operation and definition. In fact meditation in its highest state is prayer, as prayer in its highest state is meditation – they are both communion in the Spirit. They both climb up the rungs of a spiritual ladder to the highest step, and just as a mountain may be ascended on either side up to its peak – so the goal of meditation and prayer resembles the same function but the path may be a bit different to the traveler.

The point of you learning meditation as a Christian is so that the Word may take root within you, and hear the voice of the Spirit of God within you, that you may bear fruitage in the seasons of your life. I would encourage all who read these lines to search out and practice meditation in your life to whatever degree your understanding allows you to do so.

Here are a few scriptures for you to contemplate:
    (Note: if possible read and study these scriptures in several different translations to receive the depth and spirit of the passages.)

Psalm 1: 2 – the blessed man meditates day and night in the truth of God.
    Psalm 4: 4 – meditate within your heart – your feeling center – to be still.
    Psalm 5: 1 – through a deep groaning, a prayer of petition.
    Psalm 8: 3-6 – considering the creation and works of God is meditation.
    Psalm 16: 7, 11 – practicing the Presence, the Voice within you.
    Psalm 19: 14 – the meditation of my heart/soul.
    Psalm 25: 4-5 – listening and waiting on God is meditation.
    Psalm 46: 10 – “Be still and know…” To sink down and relax – to slacken, and then the understanding comes.
    Psalm 49: 3 – meditation brings understanding.
    Psalm 63: 1, 6 – morning and evening meditation.
    Psalm 77: 6, 12 – into a deep spiritual meditation, and in the work of God.
    Psalm 91: Abiding in the Presence of God through meditation. Bring God into you situation/problems within you through meditation!!!

Psalm 119: Meditations on the Excellencies of the Word of God.
    Psalm 143: 5 – I meditate on all Your works, my soul longs for you.

Examples Meditation in the Proverbs: 1:23 & 3:5 & 4:20-22 & 20:27

Listen to the still small voice of Spirit within you ~ Meditation is knowing God’s voice through stillness.

Isa. 55: 8 – “My thoughts are not your thoughts” We need the thoughts of God in our lives.

Psalm 94: 19 – comfort for anxieties.

1 Tim 5:17 – we are admonished to pray without ceasing. “Speak Lord, thy servant hearth.” Always be in a state of prayer/meditation.

Heb. 8: 10-11 – The New Covenant is within us in our new hearts and minds. This is a Spiritual reality and it is within us.

Relaxation – Contemplation – Meditation

Zec. 4: 6 – “Not by might, not by power, but by My Spirit says the Lord.”

Relax the body – Contemplate in the soul – Meditate in the Spirit.

Meditation congers up images of monks sitting around for hours at a time, but this is not so, for meditation must be sought slowly, and diligently, for short periods of time in the beginning. Later as you become adept in it you are able to meditate for longer periods of time. It is about the Quality of time spent, not the quantity of time.

When you first begin to think on a subject you have begun the practice of meditation.
    As you focus your thoughts on what you are thinking about you enter Contemplation.
    After contemplation the mind can become still as you listen for the Voice.
    This is the path of meditation – learning to listen to the voice of the Holy Spirit (the true teacher) within you.

This is what it is to have the mind of Christ – even if only for a moment.
    To have the mind of Christ for even a second can, and will, change everything in your life – this is touching the hem of His garment.

“He that has an ear to hear what the Spirit is saying…”

“I am God in the midst of thee.” (Psalm 46: 10).

In the Tabernacle of Moses can be seen a picture of the spiritual journey within yourself to the place of God’s presence. The Tabernacle is a metaphor for mankind.

The body is the outer court – there is much external activity here.

The soul is the Holy Place – there is less external activity and the thoughts begin to focus on the spiritual side of things.

The Spirit is The Most Holy Place – where we find the presence of God – no activity of man – knowing, awareness, stillness, hearing without thought, receptive to the Voice of Spirit.

Outer court – get the body relaxed and under control.
    Holy Place – going within the soul to our thoughts and contemplations.
    Most Holy Place – stillness within, true silence of the Spirit – listening.

The Practice of Christian Meditation

The Way – is “not by might, nor by power, but by My Spirit”. Feverish activity of the human (carnal) mind is not the way. “The kingdom of God is within you” and this is the way into meditation. The peace of God is within you, it is not external to you, and freedom from circumstances is within us too. If we can free our body and soul from the external conditions to the truths of Spirit, we will then see the fruitage of this in our lives as the truth of Christ unfolds from within us. The Presence and Power of God is within us – it is not outside of us – we must therefore go within and abide in the Tabernacle of His Spirit.

Jesus reveled the Presence and Power of God when He stated that “the father that dewelth in Me, He doeth the works.” (Jn. 14:10).

Paul said “I can do all things through Christ” (Phil 4:13) – and this Christ is, as the Father was in Jesus, within you – Christ in you is the hope of glory (Col. 1:27), and is the Presence and Power of God. Thus again, we need to go within and abide in this most holy place within us.

The reality of the God is within us, for we are the Temple (dwelling place) of God, and God abides in His temple. Even our body is considered to be the temple of God in scripture. (1 Cor 3:16).

To know the truth as so many words, quotations, passages, or theories is one thing; but it is an entirely different matter when, through meditation, the Word takes root in our consciousness and comes forth as spiritual fruitage. This is the goal of Christian meditation – this is the way of Christian Meditation Practice – to bring forth the truth of Spirit in our lives – from within, to without – as in heaven, so also in the earth.

The Object

“Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus.” (Phil 2:5).
    “Set your mind on things above” - the realm of Spirit. (Col 3:2).
    The activity of Spirit comes alive in us as we ascend in our thought life through meditation – for it is not me but Christ that lives in me that does the spiritual work.
    This is where the Word takes root and slowly becomes a conscious part of who we are.

“My kingdom is not of this world.” (Jn 18:36).
    “Do not worry about your life” (Lk 12:22).
    Meditation helps us to understand that God is on the throne – all-power – and we can then withdraw from the struggle for the things of this world, and the problems we face.

“His Spirit … dwells in you” (Rom 8:11).
    “Spirit of God within you” His Temple (1 Cor 3:16).

“Gird up the loins of your mind”. Prepare – unimpeded your deep thoughts and understanding. (1 Pet 1:13).

To be “Spiritually minded is life and peace” (Rom 8:6).
    We are to “Be transformed by the renewing of the mind” (Rom 12:2).

We are “Renewed in the Spirit of your mind” (Eph 4:23). [understanding, intellectual faculty].

-end.

Much peace to all of you!
    Last edited by HORIZONS; 20th July 2012 at 16:36.
    ~ If nothing changes then nothing changes ~

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to HORIZONS For This Post:

Beren (20th July 2012), Billy (20th July 2012), GCS1103 (20th July 2012), greybeard (20th July 2012), kreagle (20th July 2012), RedeZra (20th July 2012)

27. Link to Post #1578
    Unsubscribed
    the foothills of le Massif Central, France
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,829 times in 1,059 posts

Dear Red, I admire your self-knowledge....

We Dutch have a saying: "Where two fight, two are guilty". When more fight against one, it's an unfair fight.

You and kreagle have a clear mission and so has observer.

"Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven."

Love and peace to all and everything,
    heyokah

28. Link to Post #1579
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

and i agree

but it is in the Bible
    Yes Red ,it's in the Bible but Bible has many layers so our understanding has to change if we learn more.
    Fire and brimstone are just one part of the Bible.

come think of it

God never sent prophets telling people

you're doing great ! keep up the good work

so why start now lol

let's talk about love with a pinch of brimstone ; )

29. Link to Post #1580
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by heyokah (here)

Dear Red, I admire your self-knowledge....

We Dutch have a saying: "Where two fight, two are guilty". When more fight against one, it's an unfair fight.

You and kreagle have a clear mission and so has observer.

Hey yes but Observer bro want to close this thread

and i didn't even ask him to stop posting here

so i am no thought police

+ Reply to Thread
Page 79 of 89 FirstFirst 1 29 69 79 89 LastLast