1. Link to Post #201
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,543 times in 2,615 posts

Default Re: The Bible

Quote Posted by Lord Sidious (here)
    Quote Posted by RedeZra (here)
    Quote Posted by Lord Sidious (here)
    According to someone I trust who was a priest, no, they are not the authors.
    How could they have written them if they were not written until around 100 years after jesus was meant to have left?
    And your lack of care is at odds with what you claim you are and stand for.
    i dont see how you can put your trust in modern men living 2000 years after the events

there is no date on the scrolls which make up the Bible so it is just a modern guess as to when they were written down

but remember the establishment is against the Christ and the Bible

i care about you but i dont care what you think of me
    Well, I don't know how they date the writings, as I never cared enough to find out.
    But, knowing my friend and how thorough he is, he checks everything out.
    He told me that the church knows far more than they are allowed to say.
    And no, the establishment isn't against your bible or your jesus, they ARE the establishment, or haven't you noticed?

I once met two Episcopalian monks who had been Catholic Priests at the Vatican. They were friends then and were still when I met them. One of them worked in the Vatican vaults or basement as he called it when they were there.. This area was loaded with all kinds of stuff that the Catholic Church had relieved the possession of from the previous owners. One of them was assigned to organizing and cleaning, a perpetual process there in these vaults. He came upon a book, a book called the Book of Mary, an ancient manuscript.. I should have asked him what language it was in but I was seriously young at the time and my intellect not so well developed for such matters. He said the book should have been in the bible but of course it is not. It was Mary's account of her life with Jesus and his works.. I don't know if it was the Mother Mary or Mary Magdelene. He said that when he found the book he got very excited and tried to tell everyone at the Vatican about it... Oh.. big mistake. They did not want to hear it and in fact told him to shut up. He refused to shut up. He and his friend ended up running for their lives ... or so they thought. They fled the Vatican and took refuge within the Episcopalian Church and went on to become monks. They said that they feared for their life.

I do not see how anyone can trust the bible to report and accurate and true story when it was corrupted by the Catholic Church who has a reputation for lying, covetousness, envoy, power mongering, murdering, manipulating, promoting war, thievery, enslavement, rape and other misdeeds though out history, as well as protecting those who commit such misdeeds. The bible in my estimation was designed to suppress the intellect and the spirit, to castigate the power of women and to make someone outside of oneself superior, and that being a man.. and when it comes to the church a man such as a priest and in other denominations a Minister who passes judgments according to the "word of god" determined by the interpretations of his own limited fearful and hateful mind.

I went to a funeral yesterday... for a man that I sat with when he died. I held his hand as he took his last breath. The minister at the funeral took 30 minutes to tell me that I was going to hell because I didn't accept Jesus Christ as my personal savior. Not directed personally at me, only to all those who had not been reborn... but of course that was me and probably some others in the room. And then he went on to say how much he loved me and how much God and Jesus loved me.. At home I realized how pathetic he was, just how terribly pathetic and I felt sorry for him. Most of the world and all the good people in it in his minds eye are already burning in hell which he declared was a very real and true place of fire. He's not even dead yet and he is surrounded by dwellers in hell.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Arrowwind For This Post:

58andfixed (5th December 2011), modwiz (5th December 2011), panopticon (5th December 2011), Reinhard (5th December 2011)

3. Link to Post #202
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,424 times in 1,076 posts

Quote Posted by Arrowwind (here)

He came upon a book, a book called the Book of Mary, an ancient manuscript.. I should have asked him what language it was in but I was seriously young at the time and my intellect not so well developed for such matters. He said the book should have been in the bible but of course it is not. It was Mary's account of her life with Jesus and his works.. I don't know if it was the Mother Mary or Mary Magdelene.
    i acknowledge the existence of a spiritual Adversary or Satan and so i see a spiritual struggle individually within ourselves and collectively amongst ourselves

between powers of good and forces of evil

which are not easily perceived because of the enticing lies from the forces of evil

it doesn't matter how sweet the lie is... a lie is a lie and when the Bible says that the father of lies is the god of this age

then we need to be calm and collected and try to pierce through the lies or else we will be tricked

so if we don't have an anchor then we will just float with the flow which is not a good idea if the world is ruled by a spiritual trickster

and here is where i believe the Bible comes to the rescue as an anchor and a testimony of truths

actually i know it but that doesn't help you that i know it

you must figure it out yourselves by the Grace of God

4. Link to Post #203
    Australia Avalon Member panopticon's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,008 times in 2,305 posts

hi Panopticon
    if i don't trust the establishment then i don't trust their science
    see that is my logic
    and so i look to sources that challenge the establishment
    i search archaeological facts and artifacts which have not been totally censored or suppressed altogether
    by the establishment for their controllers
    one would think it is impossible to suppress something as big as a recent worldwide flood
    but then one is not aware of the spirit deceiving high intelligence behind the controllers
    we are all family and we can all trace our line back to Noah and his wife just some 4000 years ago

before the Flood there was a high tech civilisation on the earth in which The Great Pyramid of Giza is a still standing stone testimony of
    we cannot compare with our antediluvian ancestors who was much bigger smarter and long-living than ourselves
    and when the Watchers who was a group or order of spirits set to watch over mankind
    begot children with women
    then the earth became inhabitated with Giant demigods who inherited the spirit of disobediance to God
    and began to genetically modify and corrupt not only animals but humans too
    sounds like fiction i know but the Bible hints at this so it must be true
    G'day RedeZra,

Thank you for the response.

So from this:
    our antediluvian ancestors who was much bigger smarter and long-living than ourselves.
    I take it to mean that you view modern humans as the result of inbreeding, hence our diminished capacity.

As for:
    i search archaeological facts and artifacts which have not been totally censored or suppressed altogether by the establishment for their controllers.
    Can you direct me to your information sources or is it that you cherry pick those bits that suit your position and decry the rest (ie that which you don't agree with) as the work of "the establishment for their controllers".

To clarify my position regards what is colloquially referred to as "the deluge" occurring in 2000 BCE.

There is an uninterrupted record of "Chinese" regional culture, and archaeological evidence to support it, during the period in question. There is also an uninterrupted list of Mesopotamian city-state Kings from 2500 BCE to 600 BCE when Babylon was conquered by the Achaemenid Empire (the same Persian Empire that the movie '300' was made about) in 539 BCE. The Middle Kingdom of Egypt lasted from ~2100 BCE to ~1600 BCE.

There is no record in the Chinese texts from this period of a deluge story. In fact, as far as I am aware, other than the Hihking story (which was made up by a US preacher in the 1930's) and an interpreted verbal tradition from the Miao tribes (that has equally tainted origins) there are only generalised mythological stories (usually involving a wooden drum, or small craft, common to many Asiatic traditional stories) of localised flood events. However, mention is made that during the early part of the Xia Dynasty (which led 'Shun' to transfer the throne to 'Yu the Great' who was the first Xia Dynasty Emperor) increased tributary inflow to the Yellow River (Huang He) caused a major flooding event that lasted a number of decades. These flooding events are repeated throughout Chinese history and are due to the collapse of ice dams in Mongolia (ie minor out-bursting events) causing a sudden inflow of water to the system and resultant long term extensive flooding. There is evidence that the Yellow River has changed its course multiple times due to this recurrent phenomena since at least the Neolithic period.

It is not uncommon for flood stories to occur as they are traumatic events that ancient people would have mythologised and created a tradition about.

Why are they common?
    The change to an agrarian lifestyle resulted in people settling in regions that had fertile soil. This is usually in areas with deep alluvial soils formed on flood planes. Obviously when the catchment area receives high amounts of rainfall, the upstream region gets high run-off levels resulting in flooding on the low lying flood plane regions.

This is well known to Permaculturist who design around such problems as part of the 'designing for catastrophe' mantra of Permaculture land stewardship.

I look forward to your reply.
    Kind Regards,
    Panopticon
    "What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence.
    The only consequence is what we do."

5. The Following User Says Thank You to panopticon For This Post:

58andfixed (5th December 2011)

6. Link to Post #204
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by panopticon (here)
    our antediluvian ancestors who was much bigger smarter and long-living than ourselves.
    I take it to mean that you view modern humans as the result of inbreeding, hence our diminished capacity.

yes i believe in a first man and woman and i also believe that fresh from creation our first parents and subsequent early generations were genetically pure resulting in no detrimental effects regarding inbreeding

i also believe the atmosphere was different before the Flood like no rain but just a mist which moistened the earth

the earth might have been smaller too but i have not looked into that yet but i believe the earth has tilted and so the intersection of the equator has changed

i believe in devolution or the inherent corruption of physicality and therefore the need for God to create again and again

and finally i believe in a worldwide Flood about 4400 years ago which swept everything away except those in the Ark

i have shown the Ark on Ararat

there are no trees older than some 4000 years and those petrified remains that are older have no tree rings because the climate was constant before the Flood

fossils are the result of sudden burial under mud

found bones of giants are suppressed and stacked away from public eyes

there are ancient arts showing humans and dinosaurs together

etc etc together with all the legends and cultural traditions about flood and giants

the establishment is not telling us the truths but i guess you know that
    Last edited by RedeZra; 5th December 2011 at 07:01.

7. Link to Post #205
    Thanks

Man, your pretty god dam arrogant.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Arrowwind For This Post:

58andfixed (5th December 2011), Davidallany (5th December 2011), modwiz (5th December 2011), panopticon (5th December 2011), Reinhard (5th December 2011)

9. Link to Post #206
    Ecuador Avalon Member Davidallany's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,056 times in 1,577 posts

Quote I´ve read the Bible many times. It´s a great Sci-Fi book, a true best-seller. The thing supposedly happened more than 2000 years ago. There´s no way to prove it really happened.

If our civilization is completely extinguished and, some day in the far future, someone finds a Harry Potter book, he could very well claim that it was all real and convince people to follow this book and worship Harry Potter as the son of god.
    hermione Granger would be Hermione Magdalina, severus snape would be apostle Severus the holy, Albus Dumbledore
    is God and Harry is (Jesus) "said David Wilcock style".

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Davidallany For This Post:

modwiz (5th December 2011), panopticon (5th December 2011)

11. Link to Post #207
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,191 times in 5,447 posts

I see you're getting to know him.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by Davidallany (here)
    Quote I´ve read the Bible many times. It´s a great Sci-Fi book, a true best-seller. The thing supposedly happened more than 2000 years ago. There´s no way to prove it really happened.

If our civilization is completely extinguished and, some day in the far future, someone finds a Harry Potter book, he could very well claim that it was all real and convince people to follow this book and worship Harry Potter as the son of god.
    hermione Granger would be Hermione Magdalina, severus snape would be apostle Severus the holy, Albus Dumbledore
    is God and Harry is (Jesus) "said David Wilcock style".
    C'mon David. Snape killed Dumbledore, so he is Caiaphus, or Pilate with the smell of Judas on him.

12. Link to Post #208
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Hi modwiz, what you say is a heresy, now let's start a holy war and crusade.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Davidallany For This Post:

modwiz (5th December 2011), Unified Serenity (5th December 2011)

14. Link to Post #209
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Hi modwiz, what you say is a heresy, now let's start a holy war and crusade.
    Oh, we're going to play the azzhole game? Not again.

15. Link to Post #210
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Now that we have split on the truth may the best azzhole with a nudge from God wins.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Davidallany For This Post:

17. Link to Post #211
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Now that we have split on the truth may the best azzhole with a nudge from God wins.
    May the Farce be with us.

18. Link to Post #212
    Language
    English
    Thanks

To proof the glory of holy, holy serevus snape this is an excerpt from the Holy book
    Quote Fudge: "Ah well, Snape ... Harry Potter, you know ... we've all got a bit of a blind spot where he's concerned."
    Snape: "And yet -- is it good for him to be given so much special treatment? Personally, I try and treat him like any other student."
    The Holy Book. PA-21

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Davidallany For This Post:

modwiz (5th December 2011), panopticon (5th December 2011), Unified Serenity (5th December 2011)

20. Link to Post #213
    Thanks

Quote Posted by modwiz (here)
    May the Farce be with us.
    Trying to keep this straight in my mind... Do you mean Christianity at large or just RedeZra?
    Never mind... its not worth it. This is a lousy thread... Im outa here...

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arrowwind For This Post:

22. Link to Post #214
    Australia Avalon Member panopticon's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,008 times in 2,305 posts

yes i believe in a first man and woman and i also believe that fresh from creation our first parents and subsequent early generations were genetically pure resulting in no detrimental effects regarding inbreeding
    i also believe the atmosphere was different before the Flood like no rain but just a mist which moistened the earth
    the earth might have been smaller too but i have not looked into that yet but i believe the earth has tilted and so the intersection of the equator has changed
    i believe in devolution or the inherent corruption of physicality and therefore the need for God to create again and again
    and finally i believe in a worldwide Flood about 4400 years ago which swept everything away except those in the Ark

i have shown the Ark on Ararat

there are no trees older than some 4000 years and those petrified remains that are older have no tree rings because the climate was constant before the Flood
    fossils are the result of sudden burial under mud
    found bones of giants are suppressed and stacked away from public eyes
    there are ancient arts showing humans and dinosaurs together
    etc etc together with all the legends and cultural traditions about flood and giants
    the establishment is not telling us the truths but i guess you know that
    G'day RedeZra,

Thanks for the response.

I apologise for my previous post as you had stated the period as being 4000 years BP and now more clearly stated it as 4400 BP.

Would you like me to provide similar information for that period?

As for there being no trees older than 4000 years you are overlooking the Huon Pine stands just down the road from me some of which date back 10,000 years and the Swedish spruces whose root systems have been dated at about the same. There's also the 4,842 years old 'Pinus longaeva' nicknamed 'Methuselah' amongst many others that predate you flood timing.

Your point regards the atmosphere being mostly moisture in a hypothetical pre-flood period sounds similar to a view, held I think from memory by the 'Jehovah's Witnesses', that the pre-flood atmosphere was super saturated and that it condensed suddenly resulting in "the deluge".
    Trouble with it was that it didn't take into account that the atmosphereic pressure would be too great for human life to exist (not even giants or uberhumans can survive something near 900 times present atmospheric pressure conditions) and so they've abandoned that (last I heard anyways).

I apologise as I missed your expose on Ararat as I was on walk about...

Below is the original 1948 Associated Press article of what later became known as the 'Durupinar' site that you were referring too. I have lots of evidence that the site you mention is a natural formation (some of it even from creationist sources!).

Very few now believe that this is the site of "Noah's Ark" other than Seventh Day Adventists (Ron Wyatt, by the way, was a Seventh Day Adventist).
    Here is a report from Turkish Geologist Murat Avci that states clearly and concisely that it is a natural formation. The below article is important as the actions on the stone by the ice explains the geological formation. By the way, this isn't the only formation of this shape in that region. It is however the only one that is about the right size and can be made to fit into a literal interpretation.

The missing sections in the 1948 Associated Press article are obvious anti-spam stuff as the name of the Kurdish farmer (R/e/s/h/i/t/) causes troubles...

Turk Reports 'Ship' Atop Mt. Ararat

By Edwin B. Greenwald

ISTANBUL, Nov. 13 (AP)-The petrified remains of an object which peasants insist resembles a ship has been found high up Mt. Ararat, biblical landing place of Noah’s Ark. Apparently hidden for centuries, it came to light last summer when unusually warm weather melted away an ancient mantle of snow and ice. While various persons from time to time, have reported seeing objects resembling a "house" or a "ship" on the mountain, Turks who have seen this new find purport it to be the only object which actually could be taken as the remains of a ship. Shukru Asena, 69-year-old farmer who owns large acreage in that far off eastern frontier district, told about the discovery in an unheralded visit to the Associated Press bureau here [Istanbul]. This is his story: Early in September a Kurdish farmer named Re**** was about two-thirds of the way up the 16,969-foot peak when he came upon an object he had never seen before, although he had been up the mountain many times. He moved around it and then climbed higher to examine it from above. There, Re**** said it was the prow of a ship protruding into a canyon down which tons of melting ice and snow had been gushing for more than two months. The prow was almost entirely revealed, but the rest of the object still was covered. The contour of the earth, Re**** said, indicated the invisible part of the object was shaped like a ship. The prow, he added, was about the size of a house. Re**** climbed down to it and with his dagger tried to beak off a piece of the bow. It was so hard it would not break. It was blackened with age. Re**** insisted it was not a simple rock formation. "I know a ship when I see one," he said. "This is a ship." He spread the word among little villages at the base of the mountain and peasants began climbing up its northern slope to see the weird thing he had found. Each who came back said it was a ship. An expedition from America last summer was reported coming to see if it could find remains of the ark preserved in the ice atop Mt. Ararat, but no one in that eastern area has reported any foreign visitors. (In Annapolis, Md, Frederick Avery, model ship maker for the naval academy museum who was to have been a member of the American expedition, said the trip had been "called off for the time being." Avery said that the "international situation and fighting in that area" had complicated plans and that the expedition could not get clearance and get ready in time. Mt. Ararat is frozen 10 months of the year. August and September are the only two months of thaw.)

TELLS OF FINDING ARK-Shukru Asena, bushy-mustached farmer from eastern Turkey, said that startled peasants had found the petrified remains of a ship high up Mt. Ararat, Biblical landing place of Noah’s Ark. It was brought to light by extraordinarily heavy thaws that washed away the "ship's" ancient mask of ice and snow. Here Shukru Asena points out the location of Ararat on a map.
    Sourced From: http://noahsarksearch.com/
    Kind Regards,
    Panopticon
    "What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence.
    The only consequence is what we do."

23. The Following User Says Thank You to panopticon For This Post:

58andfixed (8th December 2011)

24. Link to Post #215
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

I appreciate what is being shared here.
    Only one thing.
    I can not believe in a retaliatory God.
    Unconditional love is exactly that.

I believe the flood happened and people were given warning but paid no heed.
    I suspect that the flood was part of a natural cycle-- nothing to do with God's wrath.
    I believe that our own self dictates through its action what befalls us at least in the illusion that we separate from God.
    Would God punish Himself??
    I think not.

Jesus said "The Father and I are One"
    That applies to all life. Could it be otherwise?

Chris

Ps If there were only a few survived the flood how come we have a yellow race, a redskin race, a black race, a white race?

Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

25. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Anchor (6th December 2011), Beren (6th December 2011), buckminster fuller (5th December 2011), modwiz (5th December 2011), panopticon (5th December 2011), risveglio (5th December 2011)

26. Link to Post #216
    France Avalon Member buckminster fuller's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,878 times in 475 posts

The deluvian flood coud have been an event that didn't extend to the east. It might have been more "local".

Looking for truths in that matter might not be worth it, since the actual message is theological, and considering the mess that exists in between so called "experts" in archeology, will remain out of reach for a while...
    life is design

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to buckminster fuller For This Post:

58andfixed (8th December 2011), modwiz (5th December 2011), panopticon (5th December 2011)

28. Link to Post #217
    Romania Avalon Member Andreash94's Avatar
    Thanks

For me bible is a book that tell you how to think about divine(actualy ppl tel you how to think )id say lets stop reading and start leaving ...

29. Link to Post #218
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

i know the Bible is true

if that makes me arrogant so be it

but it makes you an ignoramus

30. Link to Post #219
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,331 times in 1,296 posts

i know the Bible is true

if that makes me arrogant so be it

but it makes you an ignoramus
    He's an ignoramus now? You must enjoy being so insulting.

Since LS's Ofradiction was my fault, I feel compelled to add this song in hope that you will remember to be nicer

Source
    Last edited by Seikou-Kishi; 5th December 2011 at 20:10.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Seikou-Kishi For This Post:

Davidallany (7th December 2011), modwiz (5th December 2011)

32. Link to Post #220
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by panopticon (here)
    G'day RedeZra,

Thanks for the response.

I apologise for my previous post as you had stated the period as being 4000 years BP and now more clearly stated it as 4400 BP.

Would you like me to provide similar information for that period?

As for there being no trees older than 4000 years you are overlooking the Huon Pine stands just down the road from me some of which date back 10,000 years and the Swedish spruces whose root systems have been dated at about the same. There's also the 4,842 years old 'Pinus longaeva' nicknamed 'Methuselah' amongst many others that predate you flood timing.

of course the controllers concoct info to try to disproove facts and artifacts which would confirm the Bible

so it is up to us to look into it

and not fall for the first and best info about a particular case because that would probably be the info from the controllers

and no Panopticon there are no trees older than some 4000 years

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 89 FirstFirst 1 11 21 61 89 LastLast