Page 85 of 89 FirstFirst 1 35 75 85 89 LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,700 of 1775

Thread: The Bible

1. Link to Post #1681
    Thanks

Default Re: The Bible

the top of this page (84) reminds me of a small nonsense,

observing fragments , souls are set to observe a single mechanism,

no single observation is to be taken for the dogma of being what the thing in itself is , yet there is preponderance to do this,

post 1661
    Beren [quoted]: Proofs from Bible that man is one with God when united in spirit.

Red: but i am not disputing that Beren

what i'm saying

is that those who receive

Jesus as God and Savior

XX - will not vanish nor become God

YY - but be glorified and inherit eternal lives

together with Jesus

me: would we really be able to distinguish between XX and YY if it were to happen, would not both happen. (also Beren may not have really be referring to how Red translated the concept in XX)

&
    grip vs red in #1671, .. facts may be disputed, but an internal reality is still the real reality as for that person, ...in this case, for 1, ..point irrelevant, it is an inspired work as for a reference frame for us on the outside to know wha-t all other outputs are based on

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to deridan For This Post:

Beren (22nd July 2012), Ontarioguy (23rd July 2012), RedeZra (22nd July 2012)

3. Link to Post #1682
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,091 times in 601 posts

The Bible theme from cover to cover is "He that is joined to the Lord is one spirit" (1 Cor. 6:17) - no more duality, just perfect one-ness in this spiritual relationship. This is what it means to be in Christ!
    ~ If nothing changes then nothing changes ~

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to HORIZONS For This Post:

Beren (22nd July 2012), GCS1103 (22nd July 2012), greybeard (22nd July 2012), gripreaper (22nd July 2012), kreagle (23rd July 2012), Ontarioguy (23rd July 2012), RedeZra (22nd July 2012)

5. Link to Post #1683
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,424 times in 1,076 posts

there are testimonies from people today who have visited Heaven

like what the apostle Paul spoke about

It is doubtless not profitable for me to boast. I will come to visions and revelations of the Lord:

I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago--whether in the body I do not know, or whether out of the body I do not know, God knows--such a one was caught up to the third heaven.

And I know such a man--whether in the body or out of the body I do not know, God knows--

how he was caught up into Paradise and heard inexpressible words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter. - 2 Corinthians 12:4

they say Heaven is accessible here and now

to those who trust Jesus and have received His Holy spirit

what these testimonies tell is that the inhabitants in Heaven are so refined and fine-tuned to the Spirit of the Father

that they act in accordance with His will

like the most natural thing in the world

here is a beautiful testimony

from one who got a glimpse of Paradise

6. Link to Post #1684
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

are you angry

when i write

that the position of God is taken

is it not a God complex

an epitome of ego

and pinnacle of pride

to think that one is or will become God ?

remember the devil and Adam and Eve

and please consider learning from their mistakes

the position of God is taken

7. Link to Post #1685
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

God did not send His Son to save Christians

do not limit Christ by putting Him into a Christian box or context

we can ignore Christianity but we cannot ignore Christ

no matter what we think

Hindu Muslim Buddhist Jew

it doesn't matter

the Son of God is returning

8. Link to Post #1686
    United States Avalon Member kreagle's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,513 times in 551 posts

Quote Posted by Beren (here)
    Proofs from Bible that man is one with God when united in spirit.

I Corinthians 1

4I always thank God for you because Christ Jesus has shown you God’s good will. 5 Through Christ Jesus you have become rich in every way—in speech and knowledge of every kind. 6 Our message about Christ has been verified among you. 7 Therefore, you don’t lack any gift as you wait eagerly for our Lord Jesus Christ to be revealed. 8 He will continue to give you strength until the end so that no one can accuse you of anything on the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 God faithfully keeps his promises. He called you to be partners with his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.

26 Brothers and sisters, consider what you were when God called you to be Christians. Not many of you were wise from a human point of view. You were not in powerful positions or in the upper social classes. 27 But God chose what the world considers nonsense to put wise people to shame. God chose what the world considers weak to put what is strong to shame. 28 God chose what the world considers ordinary and what it despises—what it considers to be nothing—in order to destroy what it considers to be something. 29 As a result, no one can brag in God’s presence. 30 You are partners with Christ Jesus because of God. Jesus has become our wisdom sent from God, our righteousness, our holiness, and our ransom from sin. 31 As Scripture says, “Whoever brags must brag about what the Lord has done.”

Second chapter:

10God has revealed those things to us by his Spirit. The Spirit searches everything, especially the deep things of God. 11 After all, who knows everything about a person except that person’s own spirit? In the same way, no one has known everything about God except God’s Spirit. 12 Now, we didn’t receive the spirit that belongs to the world. Instead, we received the Spirit who comes from God so that we could know the things which God has freely given us. 13 We don’t speak about these things using teachings that are based on intellectual arguments like people do. Instead, we use the Spirit’s teachings. We explain spiritual things to those who have the Spirit.[b]
    14 A person who isn’t spiritual doesn’t accept the teachings of God’s Spirit. He thinks they’re nonsense. He can’t understand them because a person must be spiritual to evaluate them. 15 Spiritual people evaluate everything but are subject to no one’s evaluation.
    16 “Who has known the mind of the Lord
    so that he can teach him?”

However, we have the mind of Christ.

Just connect the dots. Answers are all there.
    By having Christ`s mind ,we are able to understand God as our Father or Creator.

No one else can in its entirety.
    But whom God gives the spirit?

I explained this earlier in previous post.

Beren, my brother.......

You are so right in your analysis of being......"one with God".

Here's another passage where Jesus was "prophetically speaking" about the day when we, believers, and Him would be "one",....and that we would also "undeniably know it, too"!

John 14:20
    King James Version (KJV)

20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

Love and Peace,.......your servant.........kreagle
    ***Death***************Burial***************Resurrection***

Quote 1 John 2:6 (KJV)

6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

( Obedience to Acts 2:38 enables us to 'spiritually' walk down our own personal pathway to Calvary with our own personal Cross!)

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kreagle For This Post:

Beren (23rd July 2012), HORIZONS (23rd July 2012), RedeZra (23rd July 2012)

10. Link to Post #1687
    United States Avalon Member kreagle's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,513 times in 551 posts

Quote Posted by RedeZra (here)
    Quote Posted by Beren (here)

Key part in all this is what Horizons,Kreagle and RedeZra has pointed out in some of their posts- Holy spirit.
    Without it - it`s not possible to understand what Bible is for and how to use this tool of God.

Same is with Bible.
    No holy spirit by God- no understanding.

dear Beren

the Bible is not a mystery that is to be solved

but an inspired preserved and protected work and word of God

the Book spells out what we need to do to receive the Holy spirit

so no secrets there

and the point of the Spirit of God is not to reveal the deeper things in the Bible

but to guide us into Heaven

RedeZra,

I'd like for you to "prayerfully" take......."another look"........at the statement that you have made here.

Quote and the point of the Spirit of God is not to reveal the deeper things in the Bible
    The "actual" point of the Spirit of God is to,....INDEED.....reveal, to us, the deeper things in the Bible. It "must be noted',....that at "no time" does God desire for His "children" to be......."kept in the dark"! As the "newborn child of God" begins to develop after being "filled with the Holy Ghost",.....the Spirit, will indeed, take you into the "mysterious hidden areas of His Word",.....that the "natural man" cannot perceive and understand.

Once received,....the Spirit of God,......will "immediately begin" to......."take you down Biblical roadways that you've never been down before!" There's no reason to be "frightened", though,...for your "Teacher" will be right there with you!!

John 16:13
    King James Version (KJV)

13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

In connection with this "brand new experience" of being "filled with the Holy Ghost",....you are going to find out that "you have suddenly developed an insatiable desire to",....not only "eat", the Word,.....BUT......to literally "devour the Word" of God! (note......I promise,.....you WILL be "hungry",.....for His Word!!!)

A "few" passages to ponder.......

2 Timothy 2:15
    King James Version (KJV)

15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

(It should be noted, that, "if" the Spirit of God does not "reveal" here,......then we are not going to be able to "rightly divide", (interpret),....what we are reading in the Word,....and consequently we are not going to be "approved of God",....but left rather "ashamed"!)

Psalm 119:10-12
    King James Version (KJV)

10 With my whole heart have I sought thee: O let me not wander from thy commandments.

11 Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.

12 Blessed art thou, O Lord: teach me thy statutes.

Also......

Proverbs 4:23
    King James Version (KJV)

23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life

(After we have completed our "studies", of the Word,.....we are then going to required to "store it"!,.....and where?,....."in our heart"!!! This is the "only place" that the "Word of God" is going to be able to "do us any good",......and keep us from sinning against Him!! It is "imperative" for mankind to get the Word of God, the Bible,...off of the pages,.....and into the "heart",.....and "hide" it there,...in storage"!)

Finally, RedeZra....

Why in the world would the Spirit of God,....not reveal......the "deeper things in the Bible?"

Are not the "deeper things in the Bible",....there so we can "use them" against our enemy, Satan?

What "other purpose" would the "deeper things in the Bible" serve,.....if not for His children to utilize and be victorious? Do you think that God only used them in an effort to be a "filler",.....to fill in some "extra blank pages" and make the Book look bigger?

(side note......you are "completely right, RedeZra"......in that......the Spirit of God will help "guide us to Heaven",.......AND......reveal the deeper things in the Bible,...also!!!)

Quote do you think God would like us to dive deep into His book or come Home ?
    Answer:......"Both,...my friend,...both!"

The "deeper we dive into His Word",.....and hide It in our heart,.....the "odds" go up tremendously,...in our favor,......to be able to finally..."come Home"!

God Bless you, brother!................kreagle
    ***Death***************Burial***************Resurrection***

Quote 1 John 2:6 (KJV)

6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

( Obedience to Acts 2:38 enables us to 'spiritually' walk down our own personal pathway to Calvary with our own personal Cross!)

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kreagle For This Post:

Beren (23rd July 2012), HORIZONS (23rd July 2012), RedeZra (23rd July 2012)

12. Link to Post #1688
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by kreagle (here)
    RedeZra,

I'd like for you to "prayerfully" take......."another look"........at the statement that you have made here.

Quote and the point of the Spirit of God is not to reveal the deeper things in the Bible
    The "actual" point of the Spirit of God is to,....INDEED.....reveal, to us, the deeper things in the Bible. It "must be noted',....that at "no time" does God desire for His "children" to be......."kept in the dark"! As the "newborn child of God" begins to develop after being "filled with the Holy Ghost",.....the Spirit, will indeed, take you into the "mysterious hidden areas of His Word",.....that the "natural man" cannot perceive and understand.

dear Kreagle

the point of the Spirit of God is to save us

and so secure our eternal inheritance

God did not send His Son

to make us bible experts nor exorcists

but to save us with His Spirit

the rest is just a bonus

"Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

"Nevertheless do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rejoice because your names are written in heaven." - Luke 10:19-20
    Last edited by RedeZra; 23rd July 2012 at 13:40.

13. Link to Post #1689
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

the Spirit of God do not turn us into God

we can say we are one with God

or that God is acting through us

but we do not become God

Jesus was God from the beginning

and did not turn into God or anything

He always was is and will be God
    Last edited by RedeZra; 23rd July 2012 at 14:05.

14. Link to Post #1690
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

the Spirit of God do not contradict the Bible

but open our eyes to the depth behind the basics

God is not going to spell out the details of His plan to the devil

so some things are sealed up and not known to anybody

until the Spirit of God reveal it to His servants the saints

15. Link to Post #1691
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Jesus taught truths healed the sick fed the poor

and also exorcised demons

today we are not told about the devil and his demons

and so they got a good advantage over us

when we don't even know we have an enemy

then how can we win

how can we not loose to an opponent

whom we think doesn't even exist

there is a saying

if you have never met the devil in the road of life

then you're probably heading in the same direction

so know your foe but most importantly know your friend

Be sober, be vigilant; your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. - 1 Peter 5:8
    Last edited by RedeZra; 23rd July 2012 at 16:20.

16. Link to Post #1692
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

dear souls

Satan has spawned an intricate web of sweet lies since Adam and Eve

and so it is not possible to not step on his web

God do not lie

He sent His Son to destroy the doctrines of the devil

and shed His blood to atone for our sins

And according to the law almost all things are purified with blood, and without shedding of blood there is no remission. - Hebrews 9:22

this is a law of God like gravity

God established a Constitution for our human organisation here on earth

The Ten Commandments

the price for breaking them is death and then hell

do not be deceived

the Son of God who is God

took our punishment upon Himself and so sanctified us through His blood

so we don't have to go to hell

dear souls

there are only two destinations

after death

i beg you please seek the Mercy of Jesus now before it is too late
    Last edited by RedeZra; 23rd July 2012 at 17:05.

17. Link to Post #1693
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. - John 3:16

God gave His Son to the whole world

so why do we have all these religions

is it beyond the slyness of satan to instigate religions and philosophies

or do you think he has a good grasp on the concept of controlled opposition and divide and conquer ?

there must be an explanation why we have all these religions

or did the devil tell you they all lead to God ?

18. Link to Post #1694
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

souls do you see

God got our salvation through Jesus

just like He says

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. - John 14:6

this is not a figure of speech an allegory or a metaphor

but extremely literal

when Jesus was asked by an expert in the law of Moses

Teacher what shall I do to inherit eternal life ?

Jesus answered with a question

well what is written in the law ?

So he answered and said, "'You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your strength, and with all your mind,' and 'your neighbor as yourself.' "

And He said to him, "You have answered rightly; do this and you will live." - Luke 10:27-28

the expert in the law of Moses was quoting this verse from Scripture

"You shall love Yahweh your Elohim with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength. - Deuteronomy 6:5

Jesus is just the English word for the Hebrew Yahushua

which means Yahweh Is Salvation

Jesus is God

so if we got another

then we are worshiping an idol

and not God

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. - John 14:6

19. Link to Post #1695
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

it is not about

Christian Muslim Hindu Buddhist Jew

but being born again

by the Spirit of God

in the Name of Jesus

the so-called enlightened are not born again by the Spirit of God

but probably possessed by powerful God wannabe spirits

when we nurture ideas about being God

then that is perfect playground for these wannabees

who will take over control of our soul
    Last edited by RedeZra; 24th July 2012 at 04:52.

20. Link to Post #1696
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

do you think Jesus thinks it a small thing

when we run after other gods or idols

think about what He did and had to endure

and this is how we thank Him

His heart would break if He was not God

21. Link to Post #1697
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,846 times in 452 posts

Quote Posted by RedeZra (here)
    the Spirit of God do not turn us into God

we can say we are one with God

or that God is acting through us

but we do not become God

Jesus was God from the beginning

and did not turn into God or anything

He always was is and will be God
    That bible you get all your answers from says god created us and we are part of him. If that's truthfull then we ARE gods because we are him. That book says he created everything with his spoken word.If that's true he THOUGHT before he spoke and turned his THOUGHTS into tangible reality. Every single human posseses the power to turn thought into tangible reality, therefore that makes me just as powerful and an equeal to him not beneath him. Therefore I FEAR NOTHING includeing DEATH, and nobody or no thing has power and control of me. I am pure conscious awareness in human form at this point in time, upon death my consciousness will return to the universe where it came from.- This whole thread is a constant chicken /egg dillema and a waste of my time and energy because until you realize the universe couldn't exist without conscious awareness, and conscious awareness couldn't exist without the universe. Just like the chicken and the egg, one can't exist without the other, or without conscious awareness. Until the time that humanity becomes fully aware of these facts, ignorance will continue to run rampidly out of control......Rob

22. Link to Post #1698
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

Find out what "I am" is and you will find/be the way.
    The eternal question pointed to by sages for thousands of years---- ask your self Who/what am I?
    Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Beren (24th July 2012), crested-duck (24th July 2012)

24. Link to Post #1699
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by crested-duck (here)
    That bible you get all your answers from says god created us and we are part of him. If that's truthfull then we ARE gods because we are him. That book says he created everything with his spoken word.If that's true he THOUGHT before he spoke and turned his THOUGHTS into tangible reality. Every single human posseses the power to turn thought into tangible reality, therefore that makes me just as powerful and an equeal to him not beneath him.

try as you may to produce a sun or some food just by thinking about it

if you can't then why do you think you are as powerful or an equal to God

do not confuse confidence with ego and pride

Jesus is God

so when we don't follow Him nor His teachings

then we are not following God

but just fooling ourselves

there are two paths in life and two destinations after death

and God has given us the way the truth and the life to reach His kingdom

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

"If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; and from now on you know Him and have seen Him."

Philip said to Him, "Lord, show us the Father, and it is sufficient for us."

Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, 'Show us the Father'? - John 14:6-9

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)
    Find out what "I am" is and you will find/be the way.
    The eternal question pointed to by sages for thousands of years---- ask your self Who/what am I?
    Chris

this what the sages say

but the saints say seek Jesus

25. Link to Post #1700
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

the father of lies said to Eve

in the Garden of Eden

you will be like God

this lie from the father of lies