+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 89 FirstFirst 1 9 19 59 89 LastLast

Thread: The Bible

1. Link to Post #161
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,070 times in 518 posts

Default Re: The Bible

Quote Posted by kingmonkey (here)
    Okay so i may possibly regret getting into this thread.

1) Because i do not claim to be an authority on the bible and its content - heaven forbid someone using the bible to disprove my argument.

2) Usually one cannot argue with a fundamentalist.

Just a few observations;

the scientific speculations about our origins and history is just crap

A speculation at the very least offers a theory about some kind of fact based on evidence. Or in other words a hypothesis, a potential theory that is subject to change according to available evidence.

is just crap - that is a conclusion based on what evidence?

if the Bible says so then it is so...

Okay sorry my mistake.

and they know it the Controllers know it's all BS but they are the Controllers with a mission to control us

and so they must keep piling up BS and decorate it with crap so we will buy it -

If i wanted to control people id write a book and tell the people that all other books were crap, and that you needed this book. Last time i heard the bible was still on the worlds best seller list.

the Bible is the only Book that is faithful and true because God is behind it

I heard many popular authors use ghost writers these days. So who really wrote it? Or did the numerous editors over the years tailor it to serve the agenda of the day. Much evidence points to this fact.

and if we buy the BS about God being pink plysh puppy love then we just let ourselves be fooled again

Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. 1 John 4.8

There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. We love because he first loved us. 1 John 14-18

Oh sorry im using the bible again to make a point which is an exercise in futility?

Or was it "if the Bible says so then it is so " I must be getting confused.

Just for the record im not attacking the bible or christianity or anything like that, its just some of your arguments are very weak and reliant on a fundamental literal interpretation of the bible, and you seem unable to even entertain the possibility of any other opinion or possibility that reality may exist.

With love

Bob
    You can not argue with RederZra. There was an extension of Bible and there was written that he knows the true truth, so it's in Bible and it's true. First time I read bible was when I was 13 and I found for a half of bible of mistakes and inconsistencies. Imagine when I grow up. So, no point and no offense to him.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to vibrations For This Post:

58andfixed (5th December 2011), Beren (3rd December 2011), kingmonkey (3rd December 2011), modwiz (3rd December 2011), panopticon (4th December 2011), pharoah21 (4th December 2011)

3. Link to Post #162
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,350 times in 1,657 posts

I think this is what your looking for.

been doin a bit of diggin

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Muzz For This Post:

58andfixed (5th December 2011), Anam Cara (4th March 2012), Beren (3rd December 2011), kingmonkey (3rd December 2011), modwiz (3rd December 2011), panopticon (4th December 2011), pharoah21 (4th December 2011), Precog (4th December 2011), Seikou-Kishi (5th December 2011)

5. Link to Post #163
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,070 times in 518 posts

Quote Posted by Muzz (here)
    I think this is what your looking for.

been doin a bit of diggin
    You can't imagine how much laugh I had

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to vibrations For This Post:

58andfixed (5th December 2011), Anam Cara (4th March 2012), Beren (3rd December 2011), kingmonkey (3rd December 2011), modwiz (3rd December 2011), panopticon (4th December 2011), pharoah21 (4th December 2011), Precog (4th December 2011), Sebastion (3rd December 2011)

7. Link to Post #164
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,424 times in 1,076 posts

A speculation at the very least offers a theory about some kind of fact based on evidence. Or in other words a hypothesis, a potential theory that is subject to change according to available evidence.

it really doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that the establishment has kicked God out of the equation

and replaced Him with scientifically impossible theories like evolution just to undermine the Bible in the minds of the masses

because of this discrepancy we cannot trust both the Bible and the establishment but must pick a side or none

if we want to trust the establishment then we can't trust the Bible because these two disagree with each other

so if we love truth then we have to figure out why the establishment is not in agreement with the Bible

and investigate to find out which one is true

Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. 1 John 4.8
    i don't know why you cherry pick a verse from the Bible to limit God as you want Him to be when there are many verses in the Bible that speak of the wrath of God

perhaps you don't like that aspect ehe ? because when Jesus comes again then mercy time is over and wrath is the order

so please stop the cherry pick as you don't trick me

8. Link to Post #165
    Thanks

Quote i don't know why you cherry pick a verse from the Bible to limit God as you want Him to be when there are many verses in the Bible that speak of the wrath of God
    While we are talking about "cherry picking" have you noticed all the other things down the local library that look very similar to the bible.

Quote because when Jesus comes again then mercy time is over and wrath is the order
    Thats heart warming

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Muzz For This Post:

Anam Cara (4th March 2012), Beren (3rd December 2011), panopticon (4th December 2011), Sebastion (3rd December 2011)

10. Link to Post #166
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote because when Jesus comes again then mercy time is over and wrath is the order
    Thats heart warming

so seek Him before He comes because He will be furious and not emotional

11. Link to Post #167
    Great Britain Avalon Member
    Thanks

I cant argue with you and the wheel of power. You win. Well done for not falling for my tricks.

All my best.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to kingmonkey For This Post:

Beren (3rd December 2011)

13. Link to Post #168
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

I cant argue with you and the wheel of power. You win. Well done for not falling for my tricks.

All my best.
    i am interested in truths and not winning discussions and i would hope you were in it for truths too

but i believe many have been hypnotised to hate the Bible and be blind to it

and i think evil spirits and spells have done extreme damage in this regard

14. Link to Post #169
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,207 times in 912 posts

There are things that are far away from us yet infront our very nose.
    I am leaning towards the truth that Bible is the word of God but so many other things are.
    You can not limit God so you can not limit the ways God chose to elaborate many things.

Seems like mankind always uses fresh filters for God and does not want to get rid of them.

Christ quoted the scripture but has also walked over water...

So he basically challenged both worlds religious and scientific one- such is his power and such is OUR power which Christ revealed in us.
    Our choice is to use or abuse it.

P.S.
    I liked all the recent posts by all since I admire anew the human spirit of creativity.
    We`ll all laugh one day in heaven when we recall this days.
    Last edited by Beren; 3rd December 2011 at 23:38.
    Love, love - and see what happens

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Beren For This Post:

greybeard (4th December 2011), RedeZra (4th December 2011)

16. Link to Post #170
    Thanks

Quote Posted by RedeZra (here)
    That fits the circular logic model quite well.

Seek jesus. why? because if you dont he'll be furious. why is he furious? cause you didnt seek him. Why seek jesus? because if you dont he'll be furious..................

It was a mistake to come back to this thread. All the best Redezra. May we all find what we are looking for.

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Muzz For This Post:

Anam Cara (4th March 2012), Beren (3rd December 2011), kingmonkey (4th December 2011), panopticon (4th December 2011), pharoah21 (4th December 2011), RedeZra (4th December 2011)

18. Link to Post #171
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Seek jesus. why? because if you dont he'll be furious. why is he furious? cause you didnt seek him. Why seek jesus? because if you dont he'll be furious..................
    what i'm saying is that the earth is about to be purified by fire

perhaps you've heard about the planet that is coming close to home together with a lot of asteroids

God can stop this as easy as He can switch off the sun or create a new man

but i don't think God will stop it because there is no reason to step in and preserve unrighteousness

and that is why the Bible speaks about a righteous remnant rescued by the Rapture

19. Link to Post #172
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,191 times in 5,447 posts

Quote Posted by araucaria (here)
    Not been following this debate and sorry to butt in like this but when RedeZra says:
    'high-tech metal alloys such as titanium magnesium and aluminum'

I would just like to point out that titanium, magnesium and aluminum are three elements appearing in the periodic table. They may or may not have required high tech mining, but they are definitely not alloys.
    Are you trying to confuse us with simple science and alchemy? I don't know if those facts are in the bible. This thread has unique reference resources. Alice, where are you? We need to get out of here.

20. Link to Post #173
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by araucaria (here)
    Not been following this debate and sorry to butt in like this but when RedeZra says:
    'high-tech metal alloys such as titanium magnesium and aluminum'

I would just like to point out that titanium, magnesium and aluminum are three elements appearing in the periodic table. They may or may not have required high tech mining, but they are definitely not alloys.
    ah i've made a mistake

i didn't construct the sentence right and so it says that titanium magnesium and aluminum are metal alloys

which i know too they are not

but you're right... i ****ed up and for that i am sorry

21. Link to Post #174
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,350 times in 2,555 posts

I actually use the bible in it's original languages to share what I believe reveals much truth of our past which disagrees with what fundamentalists teach. Red's response is to ignore those facts because they upset the traditions taught by men and not God.

22. Link to Post #175
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Unified Serenity (here)
    I actually use the bible in it's original languages to share what I believe reveals much truth of our past which disagrees with what fundamentalists teach. Red's response is to ignore those facts because they upset the traditions taught by men and not God.
    you actually use the Bible to try to disprove the Bible which is an impossible task as long as i am here

23. Link to Post #176
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,350 times in 2,555 posts

you actually use the Bible to try to disprove the Bible which is an impossible task as long as i am here
    That is a lie Red. I am not disproving the bible at all, but removing the traditions of men and false teachings of some that cause those who have eyes to see to turn away from the church because they know something is not right. We were warned that in the end days the ministers would be preaching lies and traditions of men, they would lead the sheep astray, and woe unto them for it. The church feeds pablum while the sheep starve for truth.

24. Link to Post #177
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,331 times in 1,296 posts

"Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall."
    Proverbs 16:18

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Seikou-Kishi For This Post:

58andfixed (5th December 2011), panopticon (4th December 2011), Unified Serenity (4th December 2011)

26. Link to Post #178
    Great Britain Avalon Member
    Thanks

I just came across this video, and this man articulates some of my feelings.

Just thought id share.

Now im leaving this room.
    http://https://youtube.com/watch?...&v=LkaH3hEmV3M
    Last edited by kingmonkey; 4th December 2011 at 12:06.

27. Link to Post #179
    Australia Avalon Member panopticon's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,008 times in 2,305 posts

everybody drowned just some 4000 years ago except 8 people and the animals in the Ark
    G'day RedeZra,

I don't follow your logic.
    Once again you are relying on traditional stories (dogma) to prove your argument (belief) concerning the validity of an event depicted in a traditional story (dogma)

Again, I am not saying that an isolated flooding event didn't happen, there is some evidence to support that areas in the Mediterranean and Middle East were flooded following an outburst flooding event, just the catastrophic level of the event you mention in 2000 BCE is not historically evident.

I would like to know what are your sources?

Also 8 individuals is an insufficient number to provide genetic diversity (minimum is 500 from memory) or are you saying modern humanity is the product of inbreeding?

Just trying to understand your logic.
    Kind Regards,
    Panopticon
    "What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence.
    The only consequence is what we do."

28. The Following User Says Thank You to panopticon For This Post:

58andfixed (5th December 2011)

29. Link to Post #180
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

That is a lie Red. I am not disproving the bible at all, but removing the traditions of men and false teachings of some that cause those who have eyes to see to turn away from the church because they know something is not right.
    there is no room in the Bible to interpret the Flood as anything but worldwide and there is no place in the Bible to diss Paul

that is why i say you use the Bible to disprove the Bible

also there is no space in the Book to say that Eve was intimate with Satan or that the Kenites were under the Cain curse and that this tribe tare was the reason for the Crucifiction of Christ

so i'm not lying here Serenity but saying that you have a highly subjective interpretation of the Bible which is not justified by the Book itself

we can both agree that Christianity is in shambles but this Apostasy is no surprise as it was foretold in the Bible

and as you know Christianity and all mankind for that matter have many powerful enemies

we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities [archons], against powers [exousias], against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual [hosts] of wickedness in the heavenly [places]. - Ephesians 6:12

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 89 FirstFirst 1 9 19 59 89 LastLast