Page 5 of 89 FirstFirst 1 5 15 55 89 LastLast

Thread: The Bible

1. Link to Post #81
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,269 times in 905 posts

Default Re: The Bible

Quote Posted by RedeZra (here)
    we all ow that the PTB supresses facts artifacts and information from the public
    Yes, indeed they do.
    And, your Bible is an excellent example of their handiwork.

2. Link to Post #82
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,363 times in 432 posts

I'd like to suggest some additional words that may be missing from your perspective Vibrations. Please correct me if I my notions are off.

What you offer is not mere logic, but a commitment to discover truth from much deception, and your commitment required time and effort to resolve. This is much more than logic.

I have a notion this is why you seem to reflect a "Personal Religious" perspective of a unique path, and not parroted doctrine and dogma of one of the various and sundry "Organized Religions," and are likely to resonate truth when you speak.

Quote Posted by vibrations (here)

I am not a religious man but I studied religions half of my life.

I dedicated a lot of time to know better the figure of Jesus, not from the Christian sources and not fro Gnostic ones.

What I came up with was a Jesus, a mortal man, much more intellectually and spiritually developed then others of his (and ours) era, who's psychic abilities allowed him to be in some occasions of his life a kind of vehicle for the Christic spirit to manifest through him and spread the Universal laws among men.

And you say Jesus is alive. His word is alive, his teachings, simple and straight are the base of the new society and the miracle we are waiting for is the assimilation of this teachings and their incorporation in our daily life.

Sounds a bit more logic to me.

3. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to 58andfixed For This Post:

D-Day (19th November 2011), Davy (19th November 2011), Gardener (19th November 2011), Lord Sidious (19th November 2011), markpierre (19th November 2011), panopticon (20th November 2011), Sebastion (19th November 2011)

4. Link to Post #83
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,070 times in 518 posts

Quote Posted by 58andfixed (here)
    I'd like to suggest some additional words that may be missing from your perspective Vibrations. Please correct me if I my notions are off.

What you offer is not mere logic, but a commitment to discover truth from much deception, and your commitment required time and effort to resolve. This is much more than logic.

I have a notion this is why you seem to reflect a "Personal Religious" perspective of a unique path, and not parroted doctrine and dogma of one of the various and sundry "Organized Religions," and are likely to resonate truth when you speak.

Quote Posted by vibrations (here)

I am not a religious man but I studied religions half of my life.

I dedicated a lot of time to know better the figure of Jesus, not from the Christian sources and not fro Gnostic ones.

What I came up with was a Jesus, a mortal man, much more intellectually and spiritually developed then others of his (and ours) era, who's psychic abilities allowed him to be in some occasions of his life a kind of vehicle for the Christic spirit to manifest through him and spread the Universal laws among men.

And you say Jesus is alive. His word is alive, his teachings, simple and straight are the base of the new society and the miracle we are waiting for is the assimilation of this teachings and their incorporation in our daily life.

Sounds a bit more logic to me.
    It's probably quite true what you're saying. The logic I mention is off course my logic, my view, my point of observation, and that means totally personal, nothing to do with some Universal truth or everything. I am a result of all my experiences during this and some also from past lives. I just try to present my thoughts about the Bible which does not put me in any higher or lower position as anybody else. It's a discussion where we do what we can. Some think that they have to convince, some merely add some glimpses, some try to expose their view.

And about personal religion. I would like to believe in me more and more. The rest is the expedition on the past guided by what I felt was good in that particular moment. My conclusions have no less no more weight than rederZra's. It's just believe, one of millions. But sharing this believes can bring us new points of view and widen our perspective. And you said very well, "unique path", but aren't we all on our unique paths?

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vibrations For This Post:

58andfixed (19th November 2011), Lord Sidious (19th November 2011), Sebastion (19th November 2011)

6. Link to Post #84
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,459 times in 1,312 posts

Hey it IS all there.

It's a lot clearer in discarded texts like the gospels of Thomas and Magdalen and others, but that stuff isn't lost any more.
    And no one is fooled anymore about why it disappeared.

And if you're ambitious enough to check out the Old Testament with the language and code that it was really written in, it reads just like the Tao,
    which strangely (interestingly) Spirit once told me, is the only remaining modern discipline that resembles Jesus' teachings at all.

Or brave enough to accept that everything is showing us the same thing in some way. And in any way that you're able to hear it, it's going to keep making that offer.

So it's a funny old puzzle, this 'mysteries' stuff.

But what we can conclude is that if you just turn your mind over to a church and think you've done your work, you'll never get a glimpse of truth.

That is, until truth reaches down through the clouds of confusion and grabs you and takes you home.

Which it will.

Seems like that's what's happening.

In the meantime, have fun. Believe whatever you like.
    Last edited by markpierre; 19th November 2011 at 10:17. Reason: punctuation

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to markpierre For This Post:

D-Day (19th November 2011), Ishtar (19th November 2011), Lord Sidious (19th November 2011), RedeZra (20th November 2011)

8. Link to Post #85
    Macedonia Avalon Member Orion.V's Avatar
    Thanks

Jesus is son of god, but we are too. We all came from the same source ( god ).
    - Jesus was also a teacher but not many people realised his teachings.
    WE create our own heaven or hell, nobody or no god has set a perfect or torturous world for us. It is a path and endless journey that we take on and it is up to our own free will how we balance it and where we end up.

- The bible is not correctly translated. Great mistakes have been made while translating from Hebrew to Greek - Church Slavonic and lastly to all other languages. The word CHURCH itself is one of the worst translations ever made, or the word ABOMINATION. It is very important to understand that the bible was also written in symbolic language and it is not to be taken literally.

- Christianity is a very fragmented group. First there is the original Christian world - the orthodox , then we have it's twisted and perverted version - roman catholic and then even worse we have all those christian sects that i don't really need to name them right now.

I am born as orthodox christian and even thou i have great respect for it i have chosen to seek truth and "god" within my own heart and not from a book or other teachings.
    I am the truth for my world, for my heaven or hell because i can choose and have free will.

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Orion.V For This Post:

58andfixed (19th November 2011), D-Day (19th November 2011), Ishtar (19th November 2011), Kendall (17th March 2012), Lord Sidious (19th November 2011), Mark (5th December 2011), markpierre (19th November 2011)

10. Link to Post #86
    Palestinian Territory Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,087 times in 6,275 posts

Quote Posted by RedeZra (here)
    Quote Posted by Muzz (here)
    Quote here is much suffering in the world
    As far as I can see from the research I've done so far, peoples interpretation of Christianity has a big hand in that.
    then you muzz dig deeper ; )

human history is bloody reading and suffering predates Christianity with thousands of years

much of the world is today run by a few secretive families who still plunges mankind into wars crime and corruption

i guess if satisfied with sloppy research then also this can be blamed on Christianity

we all know that the PTB supresses facts artifacts and information from the public

and it is a tedious task trying to figure out what is true and false regarding our origin and history because the PTB is not helping but misleading us down their version of history and origin

the PTB knows a whole lot about found facts and artifacts but for some reason they dont share with the public

so everybody is a detective hehe ; )
    What about all the ''witches'' that were burnt? Is that fake?
    What about the women, muslim and jewish that were raped by the crusaders in Jerusalem when it was captured?
    Are you saying that the crimes committed by the christians and their church in history are not true?

And who are you to decide what gospel is reliable or not?
    2000 years after all the goings on were alleged to have happened?
    What I find is that people become dogmatic and then justify what fits and what doesn't.
    I know, I was like that with my beliefs about race and politics.

11. Link to Post #87
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,350 times in 1,657 posts

Quote then you muzz dig deeper ; )
    Patronizing and dismissive.

Quote human history is bloody reading and suffering predates Christianity with thousands of years
    Did your book improve the situation?

Quote much of the world is today run by a few secretive families who still plunges mankind into wars crime and corruption
    The main tools for this are books like your bible

Quote i guess if satisfied with sloppy research then also this can be blamed on Christianity
    A wee dig there? Can you clarify whats sloppy about my research.

Quote we all know that the PTB supresses facts artifacts and information from the public
    I agree the bible is a good example if this. The Gnostics would agree too.

Quote and it is a tedious task trying to figure out what is true and false regarding our origin and history
    You right again, it is a tedious task. Mainly because early Christians destroyed all the knowledge because it didnt agree with the dogma.

Quote the PTB knows a whole lot about found facts and artifacts but for some reason they dont share with the public
    Err.. maybe because it would shake the foundations of Christianity. Give the pope a phone and ask if you can have a nosey round the Vatican Vaults.
    Last edited by Muzz; 19th November 2011 at 14:08.

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Muzz For This Post:

58andfixed (19th November 2011), D-Day (19th November 2011), Davy (19th November 2011), jorr lundstrom (19th November 2011), Lily de Cuir (20th November 2011), Lord Sidious (19th November 2011), Loveisall21 (21st November 2011), markpierre (19th November 2011), OneLittleFrog (19th November 2011), pharoah21 (19th November 2011)

13. Link to Post #88
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Sorry, I gotta say this;

That's a really fun exchange that's going on. Don't let anybody squish it.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to markpierre For This Post:

D-Day (19th November 2011), Lily de Cuir (20th November 2011), Lord Sidious (19th November 2011)

15. Link to Post #89
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,794 times in 6,634 posts

Quote Posted by Daughter of Time (here)
    Jesus is alive in spirit, yes, I do agree. But I don't see what that has to do with the Bible.

And by the way, what happened to the book of Mary?
    Why is it called the AUTHORIZED king james VERSION ?? Does that mean there is an unauthorized VERSION floating around ? So the king of England is the only one who can AUTHORIZE the words of energy ?? without Mary and a light ( ufo) in the sky, Jesus wouldn't be. everything comes from divine female.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Join me and live forever, refuse and burn in hell forever, is that really a choice ??
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

58andfixed (19th November 2011), Davy (19th November 2011), jorr lundstrom (19th November 2011), Kendall (17th March 2012), Lord Sidious (19th November 2011), pharoah21 (20th November 2011)

17. Link to Post #90
    United States Avalon Member Davy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Apex (here)
    If only the bible included all the original text (there are over 48 books missing/are very condensed) like the "missing years of Jesus", "psalms of Sodom", etc. Notice how no books are written by women in the bible. Also in the bible gods create man in less than a paragraph, so I am sure there was a book about that. So your 'bible' was edited severely in 400AD when they made the one book for the whole Roman empire to have one simple religion. So most of the spiritual connection has only limited description and so is separate so people can never understand it and have to look to priest's and bishops for this knowledge.
    Well said!:
    The Truth will find you out!

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Davy For This Post:

58andfixed (19th November 2011), Gardener (19th November 2011), Lord Sidious (19th November 2011), pharoah21 (19th November 2011)

19. Link to Post #91
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ghostrider (here)
    Jesus is alive in spirit, yes, I do agree. But I don't see what that has to do with the Bible.

Why is it called the AUTHORIZED king james VERSION ?? Does that mean there is an unauthorized VERSION floating around ? So the king of England is the only one who can AUTHORIZE the words of energy ?? without Mary and a light ( ufo) in the sky, Jesus wouldn't be. everything comes from divine female.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Join me and live forever, refuse and burn in hell forever, is that really a choice ??
    Excellent catch!
    I love it when people see things and then extrapolate them for themselves.
    And on that same vein of thought, how can a bible be copyrighted, if it is THE bible and not A bible?

20. Link to Post #92
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,128 times in 997 posts

I read Deuteronomy only recently whilst reading and researching the various 'opinions' about who wrote the bible (or put it together). I was totally sickened by the psychopathic nature of Yaweh, and if anyone is in any doubt about the nature of this so called god read Deuteronomy, it is really worth the read.

Black is white indeed.

Levite priests put this lot together for a reason. Power and control

Its a big subject and there is a divine thread of truth weaving its way though the books of both testaments, it is very difficult to find and raises many questions, my favourite has always been the creation story where god/God created man twice.

Best not to invest too much in it until the BS detector is fully operational, in full consciousness. Then you will know for definite on which ray of creation you truly belong. Divine Consciousness or 'yaweh's gang.'

Good thread.

g
    "Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves" C. G. Jung

21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gardener For This Post:

58andfixed (19th November 2011), D-Day (20th November 2011), Lord Sidious (19th November 2011), Loveisall21 (21st November 2011), panopticon (20th November 2011)

22. Link to Post #93
    Netherlands Avalon Member Krullenjongen's Avatar
    Thanks

uncle Gr has an issue, the council of Nicea in 325 ad, changed the baptism from the name of Jesus, to father son and holy ghost. they also decided what books to include and what books to leave out. So you only get a small portion, and lose the importance of the name of Jesus. so=called religious people of that day were the only who killed the messiah, funny the poor, the meek , the beggers didn't have a problem with jesus only the scribes/ religious ( one who were supposed to know the word to teach it to others) people were in an uproar. a rebel challenged the teachings of spirituality, sound familiar ??? enlightened minds challenging modern day religious teachings and we are called rebels against the system ??? I say we are in pretty good company. His message was love one and other and help where you can. why would the masses fight against that message ??
    This is exactly what i mean when i say people go back to the same false arguments and don't want to hear the truth.
    This statement of yours "they also decided what books to include and what books to leave out" is just plainly wrong and thus a lie.
    It's like the MSM propaganda.
    If you tell a lie long enough and loud enough the people will start to believe it.

If you just do a little research you would have found out that the biblical canon was never discussed in Nicaea.
    Even Wikipedia in it's piece over the council on Nicaea has a piece called " Misconceptions" and that says:

"A number of erroneous views have been stated regarding the council's role in establishing the Biblical Canon. In fact, there is no record of any discussion of the Biblical Canon at the council at all"

So if you take away anything from this discussion let it be that this argument about establishing the Biblical canon at Nicaea is just false.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krullenjongen For This Post:

RedeZra (20th November 2011), risveglio (12th June 2012)

24. Link to Post #94
    Netherlands Avalon Member Krullenjongen's Avatar
    Thanks

Jesus is alive in spirit and in His resurrected body.
    Nobody ever showed up with his body so that supports this theory.

And the gospel of Mary is a Gnostic writing from around the 2de century AD and was never accepted (even in that time) by the early Christians as an authoritative book and thus it never made it to the Bible like many of the Gnostic gospels from that time.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krullenjongen For This Post:

RedeZra (20th November 2011), risveglio (12th June 2012)

26. Link to Post #95
    Australia Avalon Member panopticon's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,008 times in 2,305 posts

G'day All,

I said in another thread the other day that I will partake of conversation not conversion.

In that spirit, I would point out that there are many contradicitons within the Christian Bible that many biblical scholars have been unable to come to terms with and resulted in their changing their position from a fundamentalist literal interpretation to a more liberal one.

Just one small point: The Council of Nicaea (in 325) did not formulate the canon. That's a common mistake that has been spread by the internet. There is an interesting article on what the Council did do here:
    http://debate.org.uk/topics/theo/council_nicaea.html

Try this documentary on for size as it is a fairly good introduction to the origins of todays Bible and covers the gnostic texts and reasons why they were probably not included. The main thing I don't agree with in the documentary is that it places the writing of 'The Gospel of Thomas' much later than some recent research indicates. It is highly likely, in my opinion, that if there was an historical Jesus 'The Gospel of Thomas' is probably the first relating of his teachings.

[GOOGLE]-7560334588471801986[/GOOGLE]

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...34588471801986

I am not convinced that Jesus existed as there are no historical documents to indicate he did. Titus Flavius Josephus' 'Testimonium Flavianum' is the text that is often dragged out as historical evidence but the sections where Jesus of Nazareth is mention has been largely discredited as a later second or third century addition. Now even if I were to stretch my imagination and say that the many scholars who say that it is an obvious insert are wrong, and that all the fundamentalists who say it isn't are right, there is still the uncomfortable fact that at best it is second, third, or fourth hand hearsay, from unsubstantiated sources.

Next problem of course is that the authors of the New Testament made many errors in the actual period setting.
    For example...
    Jesus of Nazareth... Problem is the evidence points to Nazareth being abandoned from ~700 BCE (following Assyrian massacres) until 70 CE . In all likelihood it was a mistaken reference to the Nazareen Sect. The discover in late 2009 of "Jesus House in Nazareth" by archaeologist Yardenna Alexandre is a classic example of how information is manipulated by fundamentalists to push their perspective. The way that the apologists (look at this drivel from them for a taste) jumped on this was remarkable however the actual dating of the site as much later:
    Quote The artifacts recovered from inside the building were few and mostly included fragments of pottery vessels from the Early Roman period (the first and second centuries CE).
    What about the Israeli soldiers committing mass murder (every man woman and child were put to the sword) against the Canaanites in Deuteronomy?
    Read what the esteemed apologist William Lane Criag (yes the same drongo from Strobel's propoganda piece "The Case For Christ") thinks of that! It was ok to kill everyone who wasn't like them evidently and that we should feel sorry for the soldiers:
    Quote 'Ironically, I think the most difficult part of this whole debate is the apparent wrong done to the Israeli soldiers themselves. Can you imagine what it would be like to have to break into some house and kill a terrified woman and her children? The brutalizing effect on these Israeli soldiers is disturbing'
    Not only that but Craig goes onto say that we should be glad they killed the babies because that means, according to Craig's twisted mind, that they go straight to heaven because:
    Quote 'the death of these children was actually their salvation'.
    I've got a heap more like this so when people refer to artificial constructs like "evil" and "good" as being absolutes and how caring their male personification is I just feel sick.

Just a quick correction (in red) Krullenjongen:
    Quote Posted by Krullenjongen (here)
    The four gospels (the first 4 books of the new testament) were allegedly written between 35 and 80 AD.
    How do we know this?
    Because we have pieces (and sometimes much more than just pieces) of writing from the gospels from this time.
    If we have pieces of the gospels from this time the original must be written before that.
    Krullenjongen, I've never heard of that before! As far as I understood the only texts from that period were from Qumran or the Nag Hammadi library.
    If you have information to the contrary please direct me to where I can research it at my leisure.

The second thing is that archeology gave us a lot of evidence that the things written in the bible are true like places and peoples who lived in the ancient world.
    so we know a lot of things from the bible first before we had found any proof.
    Try to do that with your harry potter book.
    Krullenjongen I am unsure as to what evidence you mean. Much archaeological evidence that fundamentalist Christians grab onto as being "proof" is placed within a century or two window... Like the above mentioned archaeological find at Nazareth. Sure there is a possibility that there was an historical Jesus and that the New Testament is not just a collection of allegorical tales but the evidence is rather slim.

Kind Regards,
    Panopticon
    "What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence.
    The only consequence is what we do."

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to panopticon For This Post:

58andfixed (19th November 2011), D-Day (20th November 2011), Lord Sidious (19th November 2011), Muzz (19th November 2011), OneLittleFrog (19th November 2011)

28. Link to Post #96
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Try to include in that though, that the Old Testament is referring to an entirely different god than the one Jesus was trying to present.

Trying, I don't know how successful he was.

One god is insecure, controlling and vengeful (all of my favorite human traits), and the latter is an accepting, giving, benevolent parent. That seems to touch more on my understanding of what the term 'divine' means.

One rules through laws and the threat of punishment, and the other through unconditional love and corrective healing.

It seems a bit obvious that a great number of Jesus' supposed adherents still worship the former, and accordingly still fear him. And so I really can't understand their reasoning or their case for it.

I know I can't take the literal translations and ever evolving perversions of it seriously, but I can't ignore the value of that contrast. Which God would I pick if I were to pick one?

The one that suggests that God is at least as good a parent as I am? Probably.

Then again there are a lot of strangely defined terms that are used to justify that strange viewpoint.

Doesn't 'sin' really mean that I missed the target? What solution should we offer for that? Maybe take another shot?

I think pretty much everyone really intends to hit the target if the target is to find their worth somehow. An end to fear and guilt.

How do we help out with that? Make them more guilty and increase their fear? That's just weird.

Damnation is a bit irrational. I can't accept any argument with a foundation like that.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to markpierre For This Post:

Lord Sidious (19th November 2011)

30. Link to Post #97
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,338 times in 435 posts

my thoughts today...
    be willing to view the Bible as a symbol...like a cross, crop circles, glyph, words/logos...
    and symbols serve to "speak" to both the conscious and unconscious mind- thus there is no one literal interpretation nor right answer.
    And as there are varying levels of consciousness, there will be varying perceptions and layers of meaning-varying personal discoveries...
    A reader of avalon forum will interpret the Bible differently to a Texan Baptist and, on this very post, there are ranging views.
    Some see Jesus as a real person with worthy teachings and some see Jesus as a symbol (the sun) in terms of astro-theology
    I appreciated the you-tube link (page one-Santos Bonaccci)-the Bible being an allegory for our placement within the Cosmic cycle.
    That people (bible characters) are symbols of the Zodiac. I believe the Bible is allegory- showing that we are part of the comos and dance with the stars... all is interconnection and marks a return to self-sovereignty and self-awareness (also the message of Jesus).
    So are we, as humans also stars and planets revolving around each-other in this great Cosmic Drama play we call, "Life"? Are we co-creators of experience? In essence, we are consciousness and consciousness can take many forms. Earth-consciousness. Gaia.
    Indeed, the World is a Stage and we all play our roles...maybe many, many parts on varying time-lines and in varying dimensions.
    Sure, the Bible was doctored and fiddled with ...the Feminine Voice buried and dishonoured...but if we are all part of the Drama/Comedy/Tragedy, surely there remains a key to the greater Hologram; or complete "works"....or Great Mystery...?
    And so we bring forth that which remains hidden behind the veil, that which may be willing to come to light.
    That great Hopi reminder...
    "We are the ones we have been waiting for"

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lunaflare For This Post:

58andfixed (19th November 2011), D-Day (20th November 2011), Lily de Cuir (20th November 2011), Lord Sidious (19th November 2011)

32. Link to Post #98
    Thanks

uncle Gr has an issue, the council of Nicea in 325 ad, changed the baptism from the name of Jesus, to father son and holy ghost. they also decided what books to include and what books to leave out. So you only get a small portion, and lose the importance of the name of Jesus. so=called religious people of that day were the only who killed the messiah, funny the poor, the meek , the beggers didn't have a problem with jesus only the scribes/ religious ( one who were supposed to know the word to teach it to others) people were in an uproar. a rebel challenged the teachings of spirituality, sound familiar ??? enlightened minds challenging modern day religious teachings and we are called rebels against the system ??? I say we are in pretty good company. His message was love one and other and help where you can. why would the masses fight against that message ??
    This is exactly what i mean when i say people go back to the same false arguments and don't want to hear the truth.
    This statement of yours "they also decided what books to include and what books to leave out" is just plainly wrong and thus a lie.
    It's like the MSM propaganda.
    If you tell a lie long enough and loud enough the people will start to believe it.

If you just do a little research you would have found out that the biblical canon was never discussed in Nicaea.
    Even Wikipedia in it's piece over the council on Nicaea has a piece called " Misconceptions" and that says:

"A number of erroneous views have been stated regarding the council's role in establishing the Biblical Canon. In fact, there is no record of any discussion of the Biblical Canon at the council at all"

So if you take away anything from this discussion let it be that this argument about establishing the Biblical canon at Nicaea is just false.
    I would suggest that you tone down your rebuttals.
    To insinuate someone is a liar is bad enough, but to outright state it, when you don't know them is stupidity of the highest order.
    If you can't debate nicely, don't debate, but don't resort to ad hominem attacks.
    And quoting wiki doesn't mean that much, anyone can edit it, including you or me.
    Trying to deny that which is well known is not a very good debating tactic.

33. Link to Post #99
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,363 times in 432 posts

Two opinions only division make.

Two sources that sustain what transpired at the First Council of Nicaea 325 are:

1. Wikipedia [a collaborative approach with peer review rules for source referenced comments]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Council_of_Nicaea

" a council of Christian bishops convened in Nicaea in Bithynia by the Roman Emperor Constantine I in AD 325."

"This first ecumenical council was the first effort to attain consensus in the church through an assembly representing all of Christendom."

"Its main accomplishments were settlement of the Christological issue of the relationship of Jesus to God the Father; the construction of the first part of the Nicene Creed; settling the calculation of the date of Easter; and promulgation of early canon law."

2. Bart D Ehrman "Misquoting Jesus: The Story Behind Who Changed the Bible and Why" lecture at Stanford University. View the lecture and the Q&A in the last 4 of 10 parts.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=7cK3Ry_icJo

http://www.vexen.co.uk/religion/chri...istorical.html

"Christianity is not a single, ancient religion. It is a series of religions all given the same name."

"During the first three Christian centuries, the practices and beliefs found among people who called themselves Christian were so varied that that the differences between Roman Catholics, Primitive Baptists, and Seventh-Day Adventists pale by comparison." ~"Lost Christianities" by Bart Ehrman (2003)1

Know that when the stiff-necked that wear blinders and cherry-pick biased references that support deniable thesis, if but some reference points were only more familiar to more.

The only question that then arises, is the intent of erroneous positions malevolent, or stubborn ignorant innocence ?

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 58andfixed For This Post:

D-Day (20th November 2011), Lord Sidious (19th November 2011), panopticon (20th November 2011)

35. Link to Post #100
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,207 times in 912 posts

For the sake of this thread I will re post what I wrote in another thread Case for Christ for this is quite relevant here.

If you examine what is written in current Bible is that man was :
    1. perfect in body and soul
    2. had everlasting life
    3. no sickness whatsoever ,physical or mental
    4. ability to tune in to high frequencies and understand animal kingdom aswell as plant kingdom
    5. ability to openly talk with Creator
    6. on high level of conscience without realization of the body nakedness (it was perfect and not shameful to look upon)
    7. was beyond good and evil for it didn`t exist in his and hers world for they were in state of bliss or oneness with all that is

All that is lost. Hence Christ`s arrival to return mankind to that first estate and even higher.
    Really that`s it.
    "Fallen ones" are among else WE.

P.S.
    old testament is a chronology of how to return a man from deeply disturbing primitiveness into oneness with God.
    All their deeds and sacrifices were NOT asked by God ,they were allowed for they desired to do that in their fallen understanding what would be appealing to God.
    God allowed it but then after some time (materialized) in Christ came to say :"It`s ok now, stop that and grow up, leave primitiveness and grow in oneness and Love."

When you honestly and carefully look upon, you will see a process of returning mankind to its former glory. It was bloody and dirty but is it better now?

We type on computers and eat steaks and drink French wines and our brothers and sisters die of malnutrition somewhere in this world...
    More people are being killed daily by greed and sheer evil than then.

So instead of cherry picking from Bible and accusing ,it`s better to look the whole picture in it. It`s a holy book,just as many are holy too for God used many ways to bring people back.

If you don`t understand it or never read it or got hurt by religions in the name of God - please don`t spit on it. God is not the one to blame for deeds done of free will of church men. They kill and steal and rule over mankind in the name of God (in their name really) but can`t you see that FREE WILL is allowing them that?

We are allowing them that too.

How can we blame our Father for giving us the most magnificent gift of free will?
    Do we blame him for making us in his image - Gods ourselves?

Do we not realize that we are creators in making?
    Universes are waiting to be born from us , so let us grow up. Let us be Love ,just like our heavenly Creator is .
    Love, love - and see what happens

36. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Beren For This Post:

D-Day (20th November 2011), Lord Sidious (19th November 2011), markpierre (19th November 2011), RedeZra (20th November 2011), risveglio (12th June 2012), vibrations (19th November 2011)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 89 FirstFirst 1 5 15 55 89 LastLast