Results 1,721 to 1,740 of 1775

Thread: The Bible

1. Link to Post #1721
    United States Avalon Member kreagle's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,513 times in 551 posts

Default Re: The Bible

Quote Posted by Derreck (here)
    That is the point exactly I have had decades to plague me. Jesus died to cover everyone's sins and yet those who believe in him after his death will be saved. So tell me...400 years after the death of christ...what happened to those souls that died before the word of Jesus came to their villiage, kingdom, town or isolated sea port. There is no clause in the Bible that said oh there will be a span of x years where everyone who dies will still be okay until the internet or a missionary comes to talk about the guy that saved the world. At what point to we read the Bible for what it is as a history of one of the greatest stories ever told. We are all sons of God...not just Jesus. Believe it or not you were put here to touch each others lives so that we can impact others...that is human nature. No other creature builds so much emotionally off of each other like our creator has made us. So love one another learn and seek the next level. Like Jesus we will all die and it will be from the decisions that we made. Even Jesus had free will too.

Derreck,

Let me be one of the "first" to extend a "hearty welcome" to you, here at Avalon.

Your question here is a "very good one" and reveals a genuine concern for "all" of mankind, and not just yourself. That in itself is "God-like" in nature, and provides for a "platform that God can use and build upon" in your near future.

This "same basic question" was also asked by "our very own GCS1103", back around the first of this month of July. I have provided a link for you that I think will be beneficial to you,....and your question. In it I trust you will come to realize that....God hasn't lost count of "any" of us,.... that He knows "exactly where we are at all times",...and that He still knows how to reach each and every one of us!

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...180#post515180

Again,.....welcome to Avalon, my brother!........kreagle
    ***Death***************Burial***************Resurrection***

Quote 1 John 2:6 (KJV)

6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

( Obedience to Acts 2:38 enables us to 'spiritually' walk down our own personal pathway to Calvary with our own personal Cross!)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kreagle For This Post:

GCS1103 (26th July 2012), RedeZra (25th July 2012)

3. Link to Post #1722
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,424 times in 1,076 posts

God and the devil are vying for our attention

our option and lot in life is to choose

the dogma of God or the doctrines of the devil

if we want truth then we must discern

what is of God and what is of the devil

since the devil is a liar and the father of it

unfortunately the dogma of God

is not so much about our curiosity for truth

but a matter of life and death

the soul who sins shall die

say what we will

sin is a serious offense to God

since we are made in His image

there simply is no room nor excuse for sins

but the devil is a cunning customer

who twist the truths of God and sells us sweet lies

so our soul will sin

the soul who sins shall die

"But if a wicked man turns from all his sins which he has committed, keeps all My statutes, and does what is lawful and right, he shall surely live; he shall not die. - Ezekiel 18:21

When Jesus had raised Himself up and saw no one but the woman, He said to her, "Woman, where are those accusers of yours? Has no one condemned you?"

She said, "No one, Lord." And Jesus said to her, "Neither do I condemn you; go and sin no more." - John 8:10-11
    Last edited by RedeZra; 25th July 2012 at 06:46.

4. Link to Post #1723
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,424 times in 1,076 posts

souls do you see

the question is not

to be or not to be

but to sin or not

5. Link to Post #1724
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,429 times in 21,488 posts

RedeZra has been removed from this forum's membership. He had been warned, with three prior vacations of increasing length, not to proselytize and not to insult others for their different faiths, in violation of forum guidelines. He remained persistent and consistent in his approach throughout. He is now welcome to preach elsewhere, with our blessings.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

6. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Billy (25th July 2012), Christine (25th July 2012), crested-duck (26th July 2012), danceblackcatdance (25th July 2012), DoubleHelix (26th July 2012), Hervé (25th July 2012), heyokah (27th July 2012), karelia (25th July 2012), Kindred (25th July 2012), Kristin (25th July 2012), Lettherebelight (25th July 2012), Marianne (25th July 2012), Midnight Rambler (27th July 2012), observer (26th July 2012), Sierra (25th July 2012), SKIBADABOMSKI (27th July 2012)

7. Link to Post #1725
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    RedeZra has been removed from this forum's membership. He had been warned, with three prior vacations of increasing length, not to proselytize and not to insult others for their different faiths, in violation of forum guidelines. He remained persistent and consistent in his approach throughout. He is now welcome to preach elsewhere, with our blessings.
    Im sorry that had to happen but I see the wisdom behind it.
    Only fear or love--- there was too much promotion of fear here by Red but for all that I will miss him.

Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

animovado (5th September 2013), Beren (25th July 2012), Billy (25th July 2012), Christine (25th July 2012), crested-duck (26th July 2012), DeDukshyn (28th July 2012), HORIZONS (25th July 2012), kreagle (26th July 2012), Kristin (25th July 2012), Sierra (25th July 2012), ThePythonicCow (25th July 2012)

9. Link to Post #1726
    Avalon Member danceblackcatdance's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,245 times in 281 posts

A sad day indeed, I too will miss such a noble proponent of God's word... A true Christian (fundamentalist) at heart.

Bye Red
    OOB NOOB

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to danceblackcatdance For This Post:

Beren (25th July 2012), Christine (25th July 2012), crested-duck (26th July 2012), DeDukshyn (28th July 2012), GCS1103 (26th July 2012), greybeard (25th July 2012), Heart-2-Heart (25th July 2012), HORIZONS (25th July 2012), Kristin (25th July 2012)

11. Link to Post #1727
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,320 times in 994 posts

Yes, I feel he had proselytized Way too much, repeatedly with the same utterances and proclamations and condemdations.

I do feel he was a pastor or priest at some parish, and used PA as his online pulpit to the 'heathens' who dare question 'The Bible'.

To 'Enlighten' and 'Save' them from eternal damnation...

Thats HIS Mission... Eventually, he will learn the Truth. One way, or the other.

In Unity, Peace and Love - for GOD IS LOVE

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kindred For This Post:

Beren (25th July 2012), crested-duck (26th July 2012), danceblackcatdance (25th July 2012), greybeard (25th July 2012), heyokah (28th July 2012), observer (26th July 2012)

13. Link to Post #1728
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,557 times in 5,028 posts

Quote Posted by billyji (here)
    Quote Posted by RedeZra (here)

i voice a concern when a thread about the Bible is flooded with everything else but the Bible
    What goes around comes around Red, Are you experiencing a taste of your own medicine as they say.
    And whatever happened to this comment you posted a few weeks ago.

Quote Posted by RedeZra (here)

we got a lot of denominations based on the Bible so i don't think we need any more confusion in the mix

besides it is not about the Bible

but Jesus Christ the Living God

it doesn't help us if the Bible is true or not

it's all about relationship with God
    Can i advise that you return to basics and turn away from threatning others with fear based hell and damnation.

Do unto others as you would like to be done to self.

Do not judge unless you be judged.

Love has no end.

it is very simple.

peace

Bye bye Red, I hope you're time spent here in Avalon was fruitful towards you're personal growth and learning in the lessons of life.

Blessings and peace be with you
    When you express from a fearful heart in the now moment, You create a fearful future.
    When you express from a loving heart in the now moment, You create a loving future.

Have no fear, Be aware and live your lives journey from a compassionate caring nurturing heart to manifest a compassionate caring nurturing future. Billyji

Peace

14. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Billy For This Post:

Beren (25th July 2012), crested-duck (26th July 2012), danceblackcatdance (25th July 2012), DeDukshyn (28th July 2012), GCS1103 (26th July 2012), greybeard (25th July 2012), heyokah (28th July 2012), HORIZONS (25th July 2012), kreagle (26th July 2012), observer (26th July 2012)

15. Link to Post #1729
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,207 times in 912 posts

Quote Posted by danceblackcatdance (here)
    A sad day indeed, I too will miss such a noble proponent of God's word... A true Christian (fundamentalist) at heart.

Bye Red

Something happened with him recently and he begun to sound like fundamentalist sans religion to follow since he stated that he wasn't in any denomination.
    Message of Bible is in essence Love as Jesus pointed out many many times.

Love God and Love your neighbor in short.

Because Jews forgone as nation this simple message and allowed their priesthood and scribes and pharisees to flourish and determine what God wants - that's why Jesus's message about Love as the fulfillment of the law.
    Truly you cannot mess with God and what you sow that you will reap but emphasis is upon YOU or ME - what I or you sow that we will reap.
    If tomorrow you reap retribution or death or whatever - you reap your own seed now fully grown. Thus blaming God or religion is worthless.
    You made the choice.

True message of Bible is teaching us to be wiser about our choices and where they may lead if we make them.

This itself is telling us that We are all one. Since before time and in the moment of creation where all is created simultaneously , every odd is created so God is reminding us that by our choices we can attract certain odds and things.

Quantum physics first hand.

It's always better to sow in love so we will reap blessing and more Love...

Threatening others with hell isn't the message of Christ.
    For in all my studies of Bible over the long years I never ever felt threatened by Christ or God for they are one and are Love.

I became aware of possibilities of my choices...
    Last edited by Beren; 25th July 2012 at 15:59.
    Love, love - and see what happens

16. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Beren For This Post:

Bill Ryan (26th July 2012), Billy (25th July 2012), crested-duck (26th July 2012), DeDukshyn (28th July 2012), GCS1103 (26th July 2012), greybeard (25th July 2012), Heart-2-Heart (25th July 2012), HORIZONS (25th July 2012), kreagle (25th July 2012), Kristin (26th July 2012), Lettherebelight (26th July 2012), zebowho (31st August 2012)

17. Link to Post #1730
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,139 times in 2,883 posts

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    I Suppose it's not a good idea for me to pick up where he left off huh?
    SilentFeathers

"The journey is now, it begins with today. There are many paths, choose wisely."

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SilentFeathers For This Post:

crested-duck (26th July 2012), DeDukshyn (28th July 2012), Fred Steeves (26th July 2012)

19. Link to Post #1731
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,429 times in 21,488 posts

Quote Posted by SilentFeathers (here)
    I Suppose it's not a good idea for me to pick up where he left off huh?
    Probably not .

Though I doubt anyone else could quite replicate RedeZra's particular style.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Billy (26th July 2012), crested-duck (26th July 2012), DeDukshyn (28th July 2012), Mark (27th July 2012), modwiz (27th July 2012)

21. Link to Post #1732
    United States Avalon Member gripreaper's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,685 times in 3,744 posts

I will just reiterate a post I did a few days ago, as this thread goes silent, which exemplifies the essence of the cosmos and energy in particular, with a very beautiful and graphically exquisite 4 minute video:

Be at peace. Know that you are in all things, and all things are in you. Let go of your fears and your dogmatic beliefs, and rest in the knowing of ALL THAT IS. Do not war with nature or the perceived others which you create as archetypes to do battle with. Look at the beauty of this universe and know, that you are all of it, every bit of it, and there is no place where you can go where you are not.

"Lay Down Your Truth and Check Your Weapons
    The Next Voice You Hear Will Be Your OWN"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhS69C1tr0w

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gripreaper For This Post:

crested-duck (26th July 2012), greybeard (26th July 2012), heyokah (27th July 2012), observer (26th July 2012), Shadowman (27th July 2012)

23. Link to Post #1733
    United States Avalon Member GCS1103's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,456 times in 585 posts

I will miss RedeZra quite a lot. Perhaps his style was not in keeping with forum rules (I don't really know the forum rules), but I have no doubt that he has a good heart. I also have no doubt that when his time here on earth is done, he will hear the words: "Well done, my faithful servant".

May God bless you Red, on your journey.

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to GCS1103 For This Post:

Beren (26th July 2012), crested-duck (27th July 2012), DeDukshyn (28th July 2012), greybeard (26th July 2012), HORIZONS (26th July 2012), Mark (27th July 2012), modwiz (27th July 2012)

25. Link to Post #1734
    United States Avalon Member gripreaper's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,685 times in 3,744 posts

Quote Posted by GCS1103 (here)
    I will miss RedeZra quite a lot. Perhaps his style was not in keeping with forum rules (I don't really know the forum rules), but I have no doubt that he has a good heart. I also have no doubt that when his time here on earth is done, he will hear the words: "Well done, my faithful servant".

Well, I was going to let my last post be the energy with which to end my participation with this thread, but I'm just going to say it now.

This forum is a place to hold discourse between sovereign souls, to take ideas and to look at the basis of those ideas and the supporting history, archeology, physics, and ancient texts and documents, as well as the ancient stone monuments, to vet out the truth and to broaden the perspectives of this world and it's history, origins, beliefs, and how it all fits together.

The insistence that the earth is only 6000 years old, that the bible is the only reference as the unaltered and the absolute word of the creator god, that following this narrow dogma is the ONLY way and the ONLY answer, and that one must subscribe to a pagan blood sacrifice as a redemption due to an unequivocal basic premise... that we are damaged goods and are therefor inherently evil, and if you DO NOT subscribe, then you are going to go to hell forever and ever and ever and ever and ever...

The progenitor of this dogma remained on a soap box and continued to proselytize through a monologue, ignoring those who attempted to enter into a civil dialogue, based on common courtesies and proper respect inherent in a dialectic discourse. I found it very frustrating and disrespectful, and agree totally with the decision of the mods.

Those who are truly seeking the truth would look at the absolutely irrefutable evidence presented in this tread, and be open to expanding their viewpoint, and discard those dogmas which no longer fit into a worldview which is so readily available these days. Surely, the winners wrote the story for their personal benefit, and it is up to us to uncover the real truths and not buy the party line being sold to us.

Greybeard's "enlightenment" thread is a good example of common courtesy and respectful discourse.
    "Lay Down Your Truth and Check Your Weapons
    The Next Voice You Hear Will Be Your OWN"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhS69C1tr0w

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gripreaper For This Post:

crested-duck (26th July 2012), danceblackcatdance (27th July 2012), greybeard (26th July 2012), heyokah (27th July 2012), observer (26th July 2012)

27. Link to Post #1735
    Thanks

I will have to admit that there were a "few times", today, that I had to shake my head, on RedeZra's behalf. Not that I couldn't believe what had "happened", in that, I think we all "could see it coming". I really came "close" to appealing to him to "take a closer look at himself",....but I decided against it because I really don't think he would have "listened", much less make any real changes. If he refused to listen to Paul and the rest of the administrators,.....he sure wasn't going to listen to me! I was always "concerned and afraid" that he was, in reality,......"running some people off from Christianity/God",......instead of "attracting them to Jesus". I'll never understand why some folks think they are "doing God a favor",......by beating someone over the head with God's Word,.........when in "reality" they simply need to take on the......."role of a servant, (like He did),.......and "stoop down" to the one who is hurting",....... wrap loving arms around them,......and "spiritually help them up"!

You cannot "whip people into loving and serving God".

I'm pretty sure I know where he got that from.

Who knows,....maybe "this" will cause him to see the "light"!

God bless,.....and guide you, RedeZra.....

your friend,.............kreagle

28. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to kreagle For This Post:

animovado (5th September 2013), Beren (26th July 2012), crested-duck (27th July 2012), Fred Steeves (26th July 2012), GCS1103 (26th July 2012), greybeard (26th July 2012), Heart-2-Heart (26th July 2012), HORIZONS (26th July 2012), Kristin (26th July 2012), Lettherebelight (26th July 2012)

29. Link to Post #1736
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,846 times in 452 posts

Quote Posted by gripreaper (here)
    Quote Posted by GCS1103 (here)

Well, I was going to let my last post be the energy with which to end my participation with this thread, but I'm just going to say it now.

This forum is a place to hold discourse between sovereign souls, to take ideas and to look at the basis of those ideas and the supporting history, archeology, physics, and ancient texts and documents, as well as the ancient stone monuments, to vet out the truth and to broaden the perspectives of this world and it's history, origins, beliefs, and how it all fits together.

The insistence that the earth is only 6000 years old, that the bible is the only reference as the unaltered and the absolute word of the creator god, that following this narrow dogma is the ONLY way and the ONLY answer, and that one must subscribe to a pagan blood sacrifice as a redemption due to an unequivocal basic premise... that we are damaged goods and are therefor inherently evil, and if you DO NOT subscribe, then you are going to go to hell forever and ever and ever and ever and ever...

The progenitor of this dogma remained on a soap box and continued to proselytize through a monologue, ignoring those who attempted to enter into a civil dialogue, based on common courtesies and proper respect inherent in a dialectic discourse. I found it very frustrating and disrespectful, and agree totally with the decision of the mods.

Those who are truly seeking the truth would look at the absolutely irrefutable evidence presented in this tread, and be open to expanding their viewpoint, and discard those dogmas which no longer fit into a worldview which is so readily available these days. Surely, the winners wrote the story for their personal benefit, and it is up to us to uncover the real truths and not buy the party line being sold to us.

Greybeard's "enlightenment" thread is a good example of common courtesy and respectful discourse.
    gripreaper- That was a really great post you just did. You made statements and backed them up with the facts, which is #1 rule for honest discussion. I appreciate it and applaud you personally. Red was just uncapable to do the same,period, nothing more need be said at this point in the game. I wish to leave the following thought for all: Judge Judy always says : common sense prevails in my courtroom , and if the story just doesn't make any sense it's most likely just a story and not the truth about the matter!---RobName:  judge-judy.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  86.0 KB

30. Link to Post #1737
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,178 times in 1,466 posts

Quote Posted by Beren (here)
    Sorry for Observer but he think by his replies here that his findings got him kinda elevated than the rest, in reality he continued judging other opinions save his own.
    What made him think that he's "got" it and others didn't --I don't know...

A sign that someone has a pride problem is adamantly refusing other opinion and calling names upon others who does not agree with him.

That's silly and a sign of non progress.

If one doesn't agree with you and your understanding and your opinion about the things you found - then it must be that other one is ,limited, a slave, reptile or such...
    this is nonsense !

This is Ego first hand.
    Hence I recommend Greybeard's thread regarding Ego for a start.

No harsh feelings just plain observation of what is happening.
    Beren, my brother,

Ego is your interpretation. At some time in the future, I may have more to say about Ego within the context of Greybeard's thread, but for now the issue is the point of your above quoted comment.

Evidence is what I'm all about. Ego has nothing to do with it.

On a website designed to break-down the walls of false doctrine, one cannot make claims of 'absolute truth' on faith based belief systems. If one persists in this course, one is proselytize, which is a direct violation of this forum's rules.

My function as an observer is to simply make discoveries of evidence and report that evidence. This reporting turned into a debate, long ago in another thread with the former member.

The only "name-calling" that I can be accuse of, here within this debate, was the use of the term "delusional".

Delusional: "a persistent false belief held in the face of strong contradictory evidence, especially as a symptom of a psychiatric condition".

Since there are members making comments within this thread who have consistently refused to even look at the evidence, while continuing to make comments in support of the Bible, the use of the term 'delusional' can - in no way - be construed as being indicative of "name calling". Using the term 'delusional', is a statement of fact.

If what I'm reporting is shattering the walls of your personal paradigm, than I can only have compassion for you. Eventually, each one of us will have to look at the evidence, and deal with the consequences of what this evidence is suggesting - whether within this lifetime, or in the after-life.

Do not make false accusations regarding my intentions, or my attitude. I make no claim of superiority. I'm simply the messenger of what seems 'very bad news' to some of the members commenting within this thread.
    Last edited by observer; 27th July 2012 at 00:25. Reason: clarity

31. Link to Post #1738
    England Avalon Member SKIBADABOMSKI's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,516 times in 458 posts

There are over 7 trillion nerves in the human body and Red had succeeded in getting on every single one of them... lol

But life is like a bicycle and to keep balanced you have to keep moving...

Good bye Red, hope you find some balance and make good from this..

Ski-

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SKIBADABOMSKI For This Post:

crested-duck (27th July 2012), danceblackcatdance (27th July 2012), Fred Steeves (27th July 2012), heyokah (27th July 2012), observer (27th July 2012)

33. Link to Post #1739
    Thanks

Quote Posted by observer (here)
    Quote Posted by Beren (here)
    Sorry for Observer but he think by his replies here that his findings got him kinda elevated than the rest, in reality he continued judging other opinions save his own.
    What made him think that he's "got" it and others didn't --I don't know...

A sign that someone has a pride problem is adamantly refusing other opinion and calling names upon others who does not agree with him.

That's silly and a sign of non progress.

If one doesn't agree with you and your understanding and your opinion about the things you found - then it must be that other one is ,limited, a slave, reptile or such...
    this is nonsense !

This is Ego first hand.
    Hence I recommend Greybeard's thread regarding Ego for a start.

No harsh feelings just plain observation of what is happening.
    Beren, my brother,

Ego is your interpretation. At some time in the future, I may have more to say about Ego within the context of Greybeard's thread, but for now the issue is the point of your above quoted comment.

Evidence is what I'm all about. Ego has nothing to do with it.

On a website designed to break-down the walls of false doctrine, one cannot make claims of 'absolute truth' on faith based belief systems. If one persists in this course, one is proselytize, which is a direct violation of this forum's rules.

My function as an observer is to simply make discoveries of evidence and report that evidence. This reporting turned into a debate, long ago in another thread with the former member.

The only "name-calling" that I can be accuse of, here within this debate, was the use of the term "delusional".

Delusional: "a persistent false belief held in the face of strong contradictory evidence, especially as a symptom of a psychiatric condition".

Since there are members making comments within this thread who have consistently refused to even look at the evidence, while continuing to make comments in support of the Bible, the use of the term 'delusional' can - in no way - be construed as being indicative of "name calling". Using the term 'delusional', is a statement of fact.

If what I'm reporting is shattering the walls of your personal paradigm, than I can only have compassion for you. Eventually, each one of us will have to look at the evidence, and deal with the consequences of what this evidence is suggesting - whether within this lifetime, or in the after-life.

Do not make false accusations regarding my intentions, or my attitude. I make no claim of superiority. I'm simply the messenger of what seems 'very bad news' to some of the members commenting within this thread.

observer,

Do you "remember this warning" from Kristin, (moderator....with whom "you" lobbied to have "this thread" closed down) ("It wasn't going "your way",....was it?)

Quote Observer and Red,
    Everyone has the right to practice their own form of religion, or not. However, free will says you need not drink when you're not thirsty. I need to add that pushing one's religion on others and trying to force feed them the idea that they are going to hell or are in league with the devil just isn't neighbourly. In fact it's polarizing. Red, please try not to cram your beliefs down the throats of others; discuss them. And Observer, if this thread isn't to your liking then you are free to move to another. No one is forcing you here. This thread will remain open.

From the Heart,
    Wormhole
    To which "you" smugly replied, (post #1566....for those who wish to see for yourself),.......

Quote Thank you Kristin for your reasonable moderation in this matter.

And, with that I will leave this thread to those wishing to remain confused....
    And "with that",......"you left",......."eight days ago",......and "now......you're back!"

How about "another reminder of your rationale", (post #1529,......link provided)

Quote The Bible is undeniably the Word of Man, not the Word of God.

It has been consistently my interpretation - an interpretation among very few entities, either living or deceits - that this book.... The Bible.... was the manipulation of man's interpretations, through the cleverly designed process of telepathic thought. This is the justification for my insistence that one CAN NOT use the words of the text to make a data point within their counter argument to my debate.
    Is it so unreasonable to even give consideration to this possibility? Think about it.
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...574#post523574

Whether you realize it, or not,.....what little "credibility" you might have gathered to "this point" in this "entire thread",.......just completely flew out the window and evaporated with "this latest quote by you".

What "prosecuting attorney" wouldn't "give his entire left arm",...."if".....he could get a "deal like that" approved and enforced by the Judge. "I'm sorry!,.....(states the Judge to the "defense attorney"),.....but "all of your facts",....."evidence",....."exhibits",.....are completely "null and void" in this courtroom!!)

That, observer,.....is "exactly what you have demanded, here"!!

Now, I'd like to "go in a completely different direction",......and ask you, observer,....a very simple question.........

Exactly,.....what are the "real benefits" that are derived, or obtained, for those who "buy into" the dogma/belief system, that you are "so avidly pushing"?

Up and to this "very post",...."you, observer"......have contributed "53" posts to this "thread,....the Bible"

I have "yet" to see where,......"any of them"......contain anything about "the love of God",.....what He can do for you,......what He can deliver you from,.....how He can give you "hope" when there seems to be none,......how He will "pick you up" when the rest of the world has discarded you,.....how He "sets the captives free",......how He "provides healing for your body" to His believers,.....how He will "stick closer to you than a brother", while others abandon you,.....how He "sets His angels to camp about and around you, in protection.......... (And "this" is just the beginning of the list,...my friend!) (The "benefits" are virtually limitless!)

Now, I ask you again,...."exactly,.....what do you have to offer?" I can't, for the life of me, figure out "why anyone" would want to "buy into what you are pushing"!

"How many times" have you, observer, left "this thread",....."angry and frustrated" because you haven't......"hammered your point across,....to your satisfaction"? (There's a very good reason for that!)

I can honesty say that I've,......"been in the middle of posting, (with "tears in my eyes,...and sometimes even flowing"),.....and that I've also "left this thread",....with the "same sensations" lingering for quite some time! (There's an, even greater, reason for that,....too!)

I think this pretty much "sums up" the huge difference between "our" two agendas. You are grasping for anything you can get your hands on, in an effort to "push your dogma/belief system" on someone/anyone else. Fair, or unfair, makes no difference to your agenda. In "your system",.....the "means justify the ends"!

I, conversely, have simply "offered to share" my experience with those who wish to share it also. Some, here,...."agree and understand where I'm coming from",.... and some do not. It's entirely "their" decision alone to make. I've never condemned, nor will I, anyone who chooses differently than I have.

In my "role as a 'defense attorney', that I have been relegated to here in 'this thread'", I am so grateful that the "Judge" has NOT ruled in your favor,....but has allowed the "facts", as presented by the "defense" to stand,....including......"evidences such as"......."exhibit #1,.....exhibit #2,......exhibit #3",......( "namely.....His Scriptures") to be entered and "duly noted on the record".

And by the way,..........has "anyone noticed",.....that "this post" doesn't contain a "referenced Scripture",......by kreagle?

That's because,......."this is all from my heart"!

I rest my case.

Your friend and servant,........kreagle
    Last edited by kreagle; 27th July 2012 at 09:51.
    ***Death***************Burial***************Resurrection***

Quote 1 John 2:6 (KJV)

6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

( Obedience to Acts 2:38 enables us to 'spiritually' walk down our own personal pathway to Calvary with our own personal Cross!)

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kreagle For This Post:

Beren (27th July 2012), Fred Steeves (27th July 2012), GCS1103 (27th July 2012), HORIZONS (27th July 2012)

35. Link to Post #1740
    Unsubscribed
    the foothills of le Massif Central, France
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,829 times in 1,059 posts

Dear Mr. Kreagle,

When "this is all from your heart", then even I, whom you insist insinuating to be an atheist, prefer your Bible quotes....

Personal attacks on other forum members is against the forum rules !
    Last edited by heyokah; 27th July 2012 at 10:32. Reason: Correction text

+ Reply to Thread
Page 87 of 89 FirstFirst 1 37 77 87 89 LastLast