Thread: The Bible

1. Link to Post #781
    Wales Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,361 times in 407 posts

Default Re: The Bible

Quote Posted by RedeZra (here)
    Quote Posted by cellardoor (here)
    There is nothing wrong with sex Red. We can be spiritual and sexual beings. There have been plenty of monks who have cut off their genitals to avert cardinal sin. Absolute madness!!!!!
    sex within marriage is approved by God

fornication is not
    I couldn't give a toss what god says. He is control freak. I have a healthy attitude towards sex because I have not let myself be manipulated. But alas I'm going to hell like you say Red. Thanks BTW it's such a compassionate place to send someone who loves life and loves "Gods" forms. God the carrot dangler, what a snake!

2. Link to Post #782
    United States Avalon Member gripreaper's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,685 times in 3,744 posts

if you want to worship the the divine feminine, then worship Mary Mother of God, who was conceived without sin and conceived without sin
    Mary Magdalene was Yeshua's consort, and they conceived a child the night of the last supper, named Sarah. The story of the wedding where Yeshua changed water into Wine was his own wedding. Magdalene was also as Essene and not some harlot as the elite Roman's who plagiarized and changed the scrolls would have us believe.

Homo sapiens and Homo satanas, the seed of the woman and the seed of the serpent
    This does not hold up either. If fallen angels came to earth as the Nephilim and mated with the women, and god wanted to purge the genome and restore the bloodline by killing all of his creation by flooding, then why did he put the Nephilim bloodline on the ark? It's no secret that there still exists this bloodline here on this planet. Besides, we know through archeology and ancient historical texts that there were many tribes who survived the deluge, namely those in the Himalayas and those in South America as well. To say that "two by two" animals were marched into an ark (including mosquito's and flies) is patently absurd.

3. Link to Post #783
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

RedeZra could you be confusing God's will with religion?

Give you a true example.
    I was married at 21, The legal marriage was not conducted in a church--- we had three children
    Eventually we divorced and I married in the catholic church.
    We were told that if I had been married in a church first time then we could not marry in that church (the second time.)

Now at one stroke the catholic church made my first off spring bastards and me living in sin unmarried for ten years.
    So by saying God forbids sex out with marriage you have made me a sinner big time Red---- I dont mind.
    I have three lovely children from the first marriage I get on fine with their Mum my first "wife"
    I have two lovely children of my second marriage--- that one recognized by the catholic church.
    Now I am divorced and re married for a third time--- not in church.
    So I am still, in the eyes of the catholic church married to second wife, therefore in an adulterous relationship at the moment.

I dont mind what any church thinks--- I know a loving God is not in judgment of me and I am happily in love and devoted to Him.

So you see the difficulty created in believing the concept that god does not approve of sex out with marriage.
    Most people have sex before marriage.
    I prefer the expression making love---- intimacy is complete love and the word sex sort of degrades that.

Anyway thats my thoughts of the moment.

Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

andrei (23rd March 2012), another bob (21st March 2012), Beren (21st March 2012), GCS1103 (22nd March 2012), gripreaper (21st March 2012), Heart-2-Heart (21st March 2012), NeverMind (21st March 2012), panopticon (21st March 2012), RedeZra (21st March 2012)

5. Link to Post #784
    Australia Avalon Member panopticon's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,008 times in 2,305 posts

Quote Posted by NeverMind (here)
    Quote I don't believe in an anthropomorphic male personified deity...
    ???
    Who does?
    I don't anticipate coming back in the near future - not because the thread is not interesting - so let me just say that whoever does (I certainly haven't met anyone, and I've been around) really hasn't got a clue.
    Sure, in the old times they painted God as a bearded oldish man - a "father".
    But that doesn't mean that anyone really believed God WAS a bearded oldish man!
    It's standard iconography: if you want to indicate that a figure is a "father" - the key term here - you depict him as a mature male figure.
    But why WAS God called a Father (and not Mother, for example)?
    I don't know if this has been discussed before in the thread (and if it has been, I apologise), but let me just say that there is a very good reason, in my opinion, why God is called "father" by Christ, the apostles and all other people who wrote the Bible or are quoted in it.
    People cannot assimilate the notion of a totally abstract creative entity. Furthermore, and this is most important, it could be said that that "entity" itself, that force, becomes fully operative in a very real sense through each one's individual Self.
    A "personal God" is more than fiction, in my opinion.
    Now, these people - the apostles and also the writers of the Old Testament (which, however, shouldn't be read with the same frame of mind as the New Testament, because the former was substantially re-formed in the latter, which is its intention) - all these people were men.
    (Women were not allowed to read the Torah or teach children about religion, in orthodox Judaism.)
    Naturally, they saw God as a "father". Their connexion to the Source, the originator of all, was inevitably tinted - up to a point - with their self-perception as males. Nothing wrong with that. It may be very limiting, depending on the individual, but it doesn't necessarily make it a fiction; and it doesn't imply that anyone really thought of God as an actual "male", an anthropomorphic being, bearded or not.
    It certainly doesn't mean that any serious religious person today thinks of God that way.
    G'day Nevermind,
    I agree with your analysis completely.
    When I wrote that it was as a joke at 4 am:

Quote Posted by panopticon (here)
    Quote Posted by observer (here)
    No one commenting in this thread is denying the existance of God.
    Um, er... Hello...
    I don't believe in an anthropomorphic male personified deity...
    Guess I'm the odd one out... Again... ; )
    Kind Regards,
    Panopticon
    I have quite a keen sense of humour but when the statement is taken out of context it is easy to see as recessive.
    That having been said, I would contend that there are people in this world who believe this to be true.
    Anthropomorphic characteristics of God: Jealousy, Anger, Love
    Male: Father, Son, Lord
    Personified: Anything from Anthropomorfic... ; )
    Deity: Well, that should be self evident.

So while I was joking at the time of posting I think the fact that it has been used against me kind of proves my point.

I am off walk about for a week. Tootles.
    Kind Regards,
    Panopticon
    "What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence.
    The only consequence is what we do."

6. The Following User Says Thank You to panopticon For This Post:

NeverMind (21st March 2012)

7. Link to Post #785
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,424 times in 1,076 posts

King Herod died in 4 BCE, the Roman Census took place in 6 CE, so the nativity tale that claims that both the Census and Herod's "massacre" took place within months of each other is an obvious fabrication.

king Herod the Great did not die in 4 BC but in 1 BC

he died after a lunar eclipse and before Passover

as Josephus writes in his Jewish Antiquities

on Jan 9 1 BC there was a total lunar eclipse seen from Jerusalem

and this is the eclipse which Josephus writes about

after the death of Herod the Great this client kingdom of Rome was divided between three of his sons by Augustus

who counted 4 BC as the beginning of their reign

as Antipater II son of Herod the Great who was made sole successor after his father was executed in 4 BC

( for trying to poison his father Herod the Great )

and so in 4 BC Augustus approved the death sentence of Antipater II and Archelaus another son of Herod was made heir in his father's will as king over this client kingdom of Rome

but with two other sons Antipas and Philip II as rulers over certain territories
    Last edited by RedeZra; 21st March 2012 at 22:55.

8. Link to Post #786
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)
    RedeZra could you be confusing God's will with religion?

Now at one stroke the catholic church made my first off spring bastards and me living in sin unmarried for ten years.
    So by saying God forbids sex out with marriage you have made me a sinner big time Red---- I dont mind.

we all fall short of the glory of God and our righteousness is like rags

God instituted marriage

as the core family unit within organized society

for the good of ourselves our neighbours and children

today everythin has disintegrated

and that is the reason God is about to return

i know of much greater sins than livin together not married ; )

9. Link to Post #787
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,180 times in 550 posts

Very interesting, Chris.
    I know you didn't ask me for my opinion, but since this is one of my pet subjects, I'll volunteer it anyway.

The problem is that the notion of "law" - God's law, which of course is the tenet from which all Church doctrines were derived - has been terribly mangled by those who strove to derive a code of conduct based on "Gods law", namely Church lawmakers.
    (Unsurprisingly, I might add, since the were/are all people, and people, especially when guided by their reason instead of their true listening organ - the heart- have the unfortunate tendency to spoil every idea that they come in touch with. But that's a different topic.)

And so they codified "God's law" . But God's law doesn't abide by human laws.
    And according to that law, the one and only, a relationship between a man and a woman is only valid if and when both of them agree in their hearts. If they don't, if they have hidden reservations, their marriage will NOT be valid, no matter how many priests or justices of the peace officiate it. The heart knows the truth, and the heart is the only "Holy See" of God's law.

Obviously this doesn't mean that being "bored" with someone, or having problems, is in itself an invalidation of the marriage; and the responsibility for the other person is never revoked, even if the marriage is dissolved. But a new marriage or marriage-like relationship isn't necessarily invalid in God's eyes. provided it is a genuine - heart- or conscience driven - contract between the two people and doesn't entail the debasement of either party (including the ex-spouse, obviously).

I am quoting - not verbatim, of course - the canon of the Catholic Church here, not necessarily my own opinions. The last time I checked all this still was a part of its official doctrine.
    The fact that so many people - priests included - seem to know nothing about it is, again, a different story.

P.S. Anyone truly familiar with the New Testament probably has noticed that the "sins" of the flesh are given vrey little space and are treated remarkably leniently by Christ. They seem to be perceived as "weaknesses" fanned by love, essentially - therefore not active crimes, such as cruelty, unkindness, corrupting someone's heart or killing someone's heart's joy (the absolute worst crimes of all, if you ask me).
    So, I am sure that, if asked to judge people on the basis of this particular predicament, Christ would wave it away with a "meh". :-) In any case, I am sure he would agree with RedeZRa's words:

Quote i know of much greater sins than livin together not married ; )

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote G'day Nevermind,
    I agree with your analysis completely.
    When I wrote that it was as a joke at 4 am:
    Serves me right, Panopticon, for reading threads from the last page towards the first - exactly as I read books.
    No wonder I find Agatha Christie boring. :-)
    Last edited by NeverMind; 22nd March 2012 at 09:14.
    ET SI OMNES, EGO NON

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NeverMind For This Post:

Beren (21st March 2012), GCS1103 (22nd March 2012), RedeZra (21st March 2012)

11. Link to Post #788
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

There is nothing wrong with sex Red. We can be spiritual and sexual beings. There have been plenty of monks who have cut off their genitals to avert cardinal sin. Absolute madness!!!!!
    sex within marriage is approved by God

fornication is not
    I couldn't give a toss what god says. He is control freak. I have a healthy attitude towards sex because I have not let myself be manipulated. But alas I'm going to hell like you say Red. Thanks BTW it's such a compassionate place to send someone who loves life and loves "Gods" forms. God the carrot dangler, what a snake!

there is no need to go to hell

seek the Mercy of Jesus before He comes as the just Judge

12. Link to Post #789
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

A definition of sin might be appropriate--- one is falling short of the mark.
    I accept that we all could do better--- be more loving less judgmental more forgiving
    While I am still awake.
    The bible is very male. As said
    Not one book by a woman disciple.
    I cant remember a male being stoned for committing adultery.
    Jesus said Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.
    He did not admonish the woman that I recall-- he did not point the finger at the male involved,
    The male was not even mentioned--- he was not told you are forgiven go and "sin" no more

Next in my thoughts.

From what is said--- all persons in a same sex relationship no matter how faithful or long lived the relationship are sinners because they dont fit religions view of marriage.

Accepting we are all short of bing saints-- who is there to cast the first stone?

From what Jesus said God does not cast stones either.
    There are many paradoxes in the bible--- go forth and multiply etc
    God cant be anti sex because everything requires male and female to come into being-- even flowers are pollinated.

Now I cant debate spiritual text nor would I want to--- even the most learned biblical scholars cant agree and I think at the last count there were over 30.000 Christian churches--- all breakaway from another-- all disagreeing on a point of dogma.
    What chance have I got of finding the truth in a bible?
    Seems they cant or they would agree on all of it as they believe it is the word.

I am a child and I intend staying that way
    I know nothing and Im happy with this.

Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

andrei (23rd March 2012), Beren (21st March 2012), cellardoor (22nd March 2012), Heart-2-Heart (22nd March 2012), NeverMind (21st March 2012), RedeZra (22nd March 2012)

14. Link to Post #790
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,180 times in 550 posts

Quote The bible is very male. As said
    There's a very good historical reason for that. Like I said earlier, in orthodox Judaism (the only type back then), women were not allowed to deal in theology, to teach their children about religion, or to even read the Torah. It stands to reason that very few people would want to listen to a woman disciple. A woman going around and preaching about "God's law" would have been an extremely grave trespassing. The fact that they had any women disciples among them only goes to show how very transgressive - and brave - they all were as a group.

But ultimately none of that matters. The message - I am referring to the New Testament only - is crystal clear and doesn't lend itself to distortion. (That people may have tried, is a different story.) I am sure everyone here is well aware of the main tenets of Christianity - they are very few, and they are very simple - so there is no need for me to repeat them.

P.S. The story about the woman caught in adultery is supposed to be apocryphal. Some believe it dates to the 3rd century. Which makes it even more fascinating because it shows that Christ's teachings were indeed very well understood among the paleo-Christian communities.

Quote am a child and I intend staying that way
    I know nothing and Im happy with this.
    Judging by Christ's words, that's the only way to be.
    Last edited by NeverMind; 22nd March 2012 at 09:13.
    ET SI OMNES, EGO NON

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NeverMind For This Post:

Beren (21st March 2012), greybeard (22nd March 2012), RedeZra (22nd March 2012)

16. Link to Post #791
    Thanks

The bible is very male. As said, Not one book by a woman disciple.
    I cant remember a male being stoned for committing adultery.
    I think this is at the crux of the lie. The Gnostics understood the balance between the male and female energies, and that unity and wholeness requires both, but the patriarchal system which the elite Roman's wanted to establish to exert control, could not have this truth in their state run religion, so they took out the texts with reference to the feminine and made the feminine into a harlot.

Yeshua showed us by example, with his relationship with Magdalene, the true unification of the tantric energies of the male and female and how to restore unity, through love and compassion. The bible is a patriarchal, fear mongering, plagiarized elite playbook on how to control and subjugate and create separation, both internally an externally.

Even the male apostles knew that Magdalene was the first apostle, and her scrolls discovered at Qumran fifty years ago speak to this truth. We are entering the "age" of the return of the feminine, as Yeshua said, I will be with you to till the end of the "age". He meant the Picean age and that is why the Dead Sea Scrolls and the Nag Hammadhi Scrolls are so important at this time.
    Last edited by gripreaper; 22nd March 2012 at 00:09.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to gripreaper For This Post:

greybeard (22nd March 2012)

18. Link to Post #792
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Accepting we are all short of bing saints-- who is there to cast the first stone?

From what Jesus said God does not cast stones either.

Jesus is the Judge

"If you love Me you will keep My commandments. - John 14:15

For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things [done] in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad. - 2 Corinthians 5:10

19. Link to Post #793
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

The bible is very male. As said

there are three books in the Bible named after women

Ruth Judith and Esther

there were many great women in Israel

Deborah a prophetess of God and the 4th Judge of Israel

Mary Mother of God

Mary Magdalene the most important woman disciple of Jesus

20. Link to Post #794
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by gripreaper (here)

Mary Magdalene was Yeshua's consort, and they conceived a child the night of the last supper, named Sarah. The story of the wedding where Yeshua changed water into Wine was his own wedding. Magdalene was also as Essene and not some harlot as the elite Roman's who plagiarized and changed the scrolls would have us believe.
    Mary Magdalene was a harlot and about to be stoned when Jesus saved her life and forgave her sins

after that she became most devoted to Jesus and He loved her

spiritually

Homo sapiens and Homo satanas, the seed of the woman and the seed of the serpent
    This does not hold up either. If fallen angels came to earth as the Nephilim and mated with the women, and god wanted to purge the genome and restore the bloodline by killing all of his creation by flooding, then why did he put the Nephilim bloodline on the ark? It's no secret that there still exists this bloodline here on this planet. Besides, we know through archeology and ancient historical texts that there were many tribes who survived the deluge, namely those in the Himalayas and those in South America as well. To say that "two by two" animals were marched into an ark (including mosquito's and flies) is patently absurd.

the Nephilim returned after the Flood

how i don't know

all the tiny things that creepeth and crawleth and the little bugs that flieth

are perhaps the result of inherent carnal corruption in this our dense system

21. Link to Post #795
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

so Christ was probably born in the fall of 2 BC at the Feast of Sukkot

celebrated on the 15th day of the month of Tishrei (late September to late October)

the three wise men met Him in Bethlehem when He was 3 months old

and gave Him gifts on the 25th December 2 BC

22. Link to Post #796
    Thanks

The polarized patriarch cannot sustain itself as we move into the new paradigm of unity consciousness, and the divine feminine takes her rightful place in the inbreath and outbreath of creation. You cannot have one without the other. It is the very life force, the very spirit which animates life. The lie that she is a harlot is being exposed, as all things will come into truth and the elite Roman oligarchs and their polarized masculine fear mongering will no longer be able to sustain itself, as the awakening to the false concepts and lies of the bible are exposed.

We are all creators. We are not damaged goods in need of an external savior, for that which we separate and call darkness is an aspect of unity which we are to embrace and bring into consciousness, the Yin and the Yang, the light and dark, the masculine and feminine, the inner and the outer. As Yeshua taught us, righteousness is defined as "The right use of energy", the embracing, holding, focusing and emanating love and compassion, truth, wisdom, and understanding, as the Gnostics and the Essenes have known all along, and have taught us, as Yeshua and Magdeline exemplified in their sacred union, which they consummated and bore the progeny of their daughter Sarah, who to this day retains the bloodline of the gnostics. That which the elite Roman oligarchs have suppressed, murdered and put into their book, the bible, and into the very hearts and minds of mankind, a god of anger and vengeance, human traits which are synonymous with separation and hate, will no longer be able to sustain itself as truth. These lies are being exposed for what they are.

I am excited for this truth to emerge for there is nothing which can stop it now. Too many souls realize that victimhood, separation, and fear are not part of an unconditionally loving god, but are the constructs of a man made archetypal demigod. Heaven or hell is in the heart of each human, that which they create through their own beliefs and their own energy field, whether they open up to the fulness of all the universe and allow wholeness to be within, or continue to believe in false demigods, and lies perpetuated by fear of gloom and doom, or a vengeful outcome to this wonderful journey on planet earth, the hundreds if not thousands of incarnations we have all had, the numerous experiences in both male and female bodies, as fathers, mothers, sons and daughters.

It is done. The many aspects of polarity have been experienced by all of us who agreed to this grand experiment, this carving of the human vessel so that the body is capable of holding the fulness of spirit, in wholeness and unity. Rejoice and be glad, for the return to source and the fulness of being a soul enshrined in a body is nigh at hand!

Yeshua said, I came to bring you life, so that you may have life more abundantly, if you will have the faith of a mustard seed, you can move mountains, as greater things will ye do than I have done! Oh death, where is thy sting? For there is nothing that anyone can do to you when you stand in your true power, and you hold the unified energy of both dark and light in unity and stop judging the energies as "evil" or as a harlot.

And so it is, and so it shall be done.
    Last edited by gripreaper; 22nd March 2012 at 16:10.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gripreaper For This Post:

andrei (23rd March 2012), NeverMind (22nd March 2012)

24. Link to Post #797
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

The polarized patriarch cannot sustain itself as we move into the new paradigm of unity consciousness, and the divine feminine takes her rightful place in the inbreath and outbreath of creation. The lie that she is a harlot is being exposed, as all things will come into truth and the elite Roman oligarchs and their polarized masculine fear mongering will no longer be able to sustain itself, as the awakening to the false concepts and lies of the bible are exposed.

the master of puppets has positioned the players

and as an orchestra of doom they beat the drums of war

this is not the time for peace but to prepare for an ambush

the commies are commin and the ruskis are rushin

raise up gird your loins and be men
    Last edited by RedeZra; 22nd March 2012 at 05:05.

25. Link to Post #798
    Thanks

the master of puppets has positioned the players and as an orchestra of doom they beat the drums of war
    this is not the time for peace but to prepare for an ambush
    the commies are commin and the ruskis are rushin
    raise up gird your loins and be a man
    I'm not beating the drums of war, or fear mongering. As Chris has pointed out, Revelations has been muscle tested and is of such a low vibration, it is worse than any GFL channeling today. At least the messages of the GFL breed hope and not fear and loathing. The idea that one must "be a man" and prepare for war in a patriarchal system of opposites and divisiveness, is old school and is a dying paradigm of lies.

Not signing up for it at all. The energies of the feminine are coming into balance and fear and wars are fading away. Too bad the elite are going to miss out on the greatest awakening to ever occur on this planet and not be able to sell their wars and their fears anymore.
    Last edited by gripreaper; 22nd March 2012 at 04:40.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gripreaper For This Post:

andrei (23rd March 2012), greybeard (22nd March 2012), NeverMind (22nd March 2012)

27. Link to Post #799
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

I'm not beating the drums of war, or fear mongering.
    no not you friend

but the power players behind our governments

have voted for world war

28. Link to Post #800
    Wales Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,361 times in 407 posts

King Herod died in 4 BCE, the Roman Census took place in 6 CE, so the nativity tale that claims that both the Census and Herod's "massacre" took place within months of each other is an obvious fabrication.

king Herod the Great did not die in 4 BC but in 1 BC

he died after a lunar eclipse and before Passover

as Josephus writes in his Jewish Antiquities

on Jan 9 1 BC there was a total lunar eclipse seen from Jerusalem

and this is the eclipse which Josephus writes about

after the death of Herod the Great this client kingdom of Rome was divided between three of his sons by Augustus

who counted 4 BC as the beginning of their reign

as Antipater II son of Herod the Great who was made sole successor after his father was executed in 4 BC

( for trying to poison his father Herod the Great )

and so in 4 BC Augustus approved the death sentence of Antipater II and Archelaus another son of Herod was made heir in his father's will as king over this client kingdom of Rome

but with two other sons Antipas and Philip II as rulers over certain territories
    What you are saying is highly debatable red, and in any case it doesn't take anything away from the original contradiction I posted.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 89 FirstFirst 1 30 40 50 89 LastLast