Page 53 of 89 FirstFirst 1 3 43 53 63 89 LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1775

Thread: The Bible

1. Link to Post #1041
    United States Avalon Member gripreaper's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,685 times in 3,744 posts

Default Re: The Bible

I feel for you RedeZra. We will have to just agree to disagree. But I want you to know this from my heart, once you let go of the beliefs perpetrated in the bible, and embrace your own power within, you will be able to experience joy beyond your wildest imagination, and all fear of death and judgment vanishes. It is so beautiful and so liberating, I hope that one day you will embrace this my friend and be free.

Go on your path my friend. See you when you choose to return to source. I'll be waiting for you.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gripreaper For This Post:

Alekahn (5th June 2012), Beren (4th June 2012), greybeard (4th June 2012), heyokah (4th June 2012), SKIBADABOMSKI (4th June 2012)

3. Link to Post #1042
    United States Avalon Member Whiskey_Mystic's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,200 times in 1,024 posts

Quote Posted by RedeZra (here)
    it's not possible to integrate eastern philosophies with the Gospel of Jesus Christ
    No, it is not possible for YOU to integrate eastern philosophies with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Your lack of being able to understand this, possibly stemming from your failure to grasp the eastern traditions themselves, does not make it so. In fact, there are schools of thought within Buddhism and Taoism that have a great understanding of the teachings of Christ. Some sects even hold the tradition that they were visited by Christ and still share what he had to say. Frankly, I find your narrow dogmatic interpretations to be an insult to Christ and an insult to God. You try to fit both into a little sack and label them according to your personal vision as if you could ever understand that vast divinity. Learn some humility. The world is bigger than that and so is God.

and i know Jesus is alive
    So do I. And I am a Taoist. Your interpretation of the Christ is not the same as the Truth of the Christ.

(inhale........exhale..........)

Now for the rest of you (because I know Red will never entertain anything other than his own narrow view), consider the sacrifice story as the ultimate Tonglen practice. Karma has to be balanced. So try to see the crucifixion story as Christ balancing the karma of the whole of humanity to wipe the slate clean. This is no different than the idea of dying for our sins, is it? The Christ story makes perfect sense from this perspective.
    Last edited by Whiskey_Mystic; 4th June 2012 at 18:52.
    "We sit together, the mountain and me, until only the mountain remains." -Li Po

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Whiskey_Mystic For This Post:

Alekahn (5th June 2012), Beren (4th June 2012), bluestflame (5th June 2012), greybeard (4th June 2012), heyokah (4th June 2012), SKIBADABOMSKI (4th June 2012)

5. Link to Post #1043
    Thanks

for a long time i thought i could integrate eastern religion and philosophies with the Gospel of Jesus Christ

but it's not possible to integrate them

eastern religion is about enlightenment from kundalini snake or serpent spirit

and is not the same as salvation from the Holy spirit

enlightenment is about possession by the serpent spirit

while salvation is about the Holy spirit convicting correcting and guiding

and i have already posted testimonies to back this claim up
    The religion of the hindus is the most ancient surviving religion. set up by aryans
    if one hears about the tribe / kingdom of which Budda was part off, then one would see that it is close to these aryan groups.

while the tri-religion Islam/Judism/Christianity does not preach a structured message about reincarnation,...yet it is not ignored and more emphasis is given to final judgement.
    The Philosopher Nietzsche puts it that this 'lie' was a good one, for it credited those under its system with a different physionogomy.

--if one wants to pick noodles about the systems, one would see that that which we call the 'Eastern system[buddism&hinduism]', dwarfs these of the tri-religion.
    {rationally it is not the eastern system, that is merely its initial 'spread pond'}

i am for integration, though i am primarius christian, ..a root is still a root, but the tree is elegantly mixed...and the conversation and consciousness of the average christian disgusts me.

children should still learn to pray.... it is exercise for there spirits, an essential that cannot be done without

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to deridan For This Post:

Alekahn (5th June 2012), Beren (4th June 2012), greybeard (4th June 2012), gripreaper (4th June 2012)

7. Link to Post #1044
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Whiskey_Mystic (here)
    So do I. And I am a Taoist. Your interpretation of the Christ is not the same as the Truth of the Christ.
    I break the whole universe down to energy, it's basic component. Then "Christ" consciousness, as I see it, is a level of righteousness (right use of energy) which can be attained. To become a christed being is to be open to the energies of the spirit, as the higher chakras are often referred to. The right use of energy is not something which is bestowed upon us based on some dogma, but a path we choose, to become more like a christed being, and to embrace the senses of the higher chakraas and not just the animalistic lower chakras driven by fear, anger and greed. Conversely these chakras when used properly transmute into grounding, life force and power, always passed through the primordial sound and healing of the heart energy tone, which is in all living things, connected to the inner voice of the throat chakra, the vision of the third eye, and the connected crown to the celestial realms.

Those who are shrouded in dogma of the tri-religions, as deridan has pointed out, just can't seem to get this. I don't know why.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to gripreaper For This Post:

Whiskey_Mystic (4th June 2012)

9. Link to Post #1045
    Thanks

Quote Posted by gripreaper (here)

Those who are shrouded in dogma of the tri-religions, as deridan has pointed out, just can't seem to get this. I don't know why.
    Isn't it obvious? They have sublimated their own identity in favor of an externally imposed one. It is much easier (and far more comfortable) to accept the God without rather than find the God within. So much simpler to simply surrender and find the peace of submission to a master figure. The quest for self realization is far more difficult and painful.

Christ made it clear where he stood on the issue. The kingdom of Heaven is within you.

There is a reason that Buddhism says of the quest for enlightenenment that unless you desire enlightenment as a man with his head on fire desires a pond of water to stick his head into, don't do it. It's too hard.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Whiskey_Mystic For This Post:

gripreaper (5th June 2012)

11. Link to Post #1046
    Thanks

Quote Posted by deridan (here)

The religion of the hindus is the most ancient surviving religion.
    Not to nit pick but (ok I am nitpicking, but forgive me) Hinduism and Buddhism both arose from Vedism, with Buddhism also having deep roots in Bon. Bon is still practiced in Nepal and Bhutan. Yoga (the practice, not the exercise) predates Hinduism with roots going deep into the Vedic period and we don't really know how far back it goes. Hinduism sort of naturally evolved out of Vedism, whereas Buddhism had revolutionary teachers that set the course periodically.

But the oldest religion on the planet award has to go to the shamanic tradition of the Australian Aborigines. That civilization is at least 50,000 years old and they have held their traditions through that entire time.

Sorry if I sound like I am lecturing. I don't mean to and I know I sound that way sometimes.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Whiskey_Mystic For This Post:

Alekahn (5th June 2012)

13. Link to Post #1047
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,424 times in 1,076 posts

it's not possible to integrate eastern philosophies with the Gospel of Jesus Christ
    No, it is not possible for YOU to integrate eastern philosophies with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Your lack of being able to understand this, possibly stemming from your failure to grasp the eastern traditions themselves, does not make it so.

no it's not possible to integrate them for anybody

not just me

why ?

because the Bible says we live once and Buddha says we live as long as it takes

because the Bible says Christ atoned for our sins while Buddha says karma burn

so you see it's not me

but the texts themselves

that make an integration of these two ways

an exercise in factual futility

i'm not saying choose Christ and drop Buddha

but it's not possible to integrate these two

one of them is wrong

and Jesus is alive ; )

Now for the rest of you (because I know Red will never entertain anything other than his own narrow view),

that is because the road is narrow

and few are they that find it ; )
    Last edited by RedeZra; 4th June 2012 at 23:55.

14. Link to Post #1048
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

for a long time i thought i could integrate eastern religion and philosophies with the Gospel of Jesus Christ

but it's not possible to integrate them

i am for integration, though i am primarius christian, ..a root is still a root, but the tree is elegantly mixed...and the conversation and consciousness of the average christian disgusts me.

both Christ and Buddha said a lot of nice things about right living

but that is just basic information

either we live once or we live many times

either we burn karma or Christ atoned for our sins

one of them is wrong

15. Link to Post #1049
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Isn't it obvious? They have sublimated their own identity in favor of an externally imposed one. It is much easier (and far more comfortable) to accept the God without rather than find the God within. So much simpler to simply surrender and find the peace of submission to a master figure. The quest for self realization is far more difficult and painful.

Christ made it clear where he stood on the issue. The kingdom of Heaven is within you.

Christ is the Creator

and He sends the Holy spirit

to dwell within those

who believe and obey Him

so it's not possible to enter the Kingdom of Heaven

without the Spirit of God within

16. Link to Post #1050
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Not to nit pick but (ok I am nitpicking, but forgive me) Hinduism and Buddhism both arose from Vedism, with Buddhism also having deep roots in Bon. Bon is still practiced in Nepal and Bhutan.

all these old religions stem from Babylon

so it's not from God

but the Nephilim

That civilization is at least 50,000 years old and they have held their traditions through that entire time.

impossible

Adam lived just 6000 years ago
    Last edited by RedeZra; 5th June 2012 at 00:14.

17. Link to Post #1051
    Thanks

There are many paths up the mountain. The only one wasting his time is the guy running around the bottom of the mountain telling everyone else that they are doing it wrong.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Whiskey_Mystic For This Post:

Alekahn (5th June 2012), Heart-2-Heart (5th June 2012), Kendall (5th June 2012), SilentFeathers (5th June 2012)

19. Link to Post #1052
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

There are many paths up the mountain. The only one wasting his time is the guy running around the bottom of the mountain telling everyone else that they are doing it wrong.
    there is only one path all the way to the top

and that is Jesus Christ

the rest are pretenders and wannabes

blind men with a following

20. Link to Post #1053
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,963 times in 3,187 posts

and that is Jesus Christ

You know what RedeZra, I admire your spirit mate! You stick to your guns for better or for worse. The term cojones/chutzpa comes to mind my friend.

You of course know by now, and likely always have, that you're not going to win over any souls here... Yet you keep at it... Outstanding!

Just like me, when you finally begin burrowing down to the root of that nagging splinter in your mind, there's going to be hell to pay.

Cheers,
    Fred

21. Link to Post #1054
    Thanks

Here is my final word for this thread.

If there were a God
    Who looked upon my life and saw that I had done good deeds my whole life and tried my best to help others,
    If this God saw this and also saw that I had not accepted Jesus Christ as my Savior
    Or not become a Christian or whatever
    And this God condemned me to hell for eternity because I had not fulfilled that requirement
    Which is exactly what the Christians claim God would do,
    That's not a God I would worship in any case.
    The very concept is ridiculous.
    A more stupid foundation for a religion I cannot imagine.

May all beings be free from suffering.
    May all beings be at peace.

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Whiskey_Mystic For This Post:

Alekahn (5th June 2012), Beren (5th June 2012), GCS1103 (5th June 2012), gripreaper (5th June 2012), Heart-2-Heart (5th June 2012), heyokah (9th June 2012), RedeZra (5th June 2012)

23. Link to Post #1055
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Fred Steeves (here)

and that is Jesus Christ

You know what RedeZra, I admire your spirit mate! You stick to your guns for better or for worse. The term cojones/chutzpa comes to mind my friend.

You of course know by now, and likely always have, that you're not going to win over any souls here... Yet you keep at it... Outstanding!

Just like me, when you finally begin burrowing down to the root of that nagging splinter in your mind, there's going to be hell to pay.

Cheers,
    Fred

thnx Fred ; )

i'm tearing down the idols

and if i find out that Christ doesn't stand up to my intense scrutiny

then i'll tear Him down as well

but so far He has met my high expectations and then some

i can't seem to find any faults with Him

24. Link to Post #1056
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Here is my final word for this thread.

If there were a God
    Who looked upon my life and saw that I had done good deeds my whole life and tried my best to help others,
    If this God saw this and also saw that I had not accepted Jesus Christ as my Savior
    Or not become a Christian or whatever
    And this God condemned me to hell for eternity because I had not fulfilled that requirement

righteous men make it

Jesus came to save the unrighteous

but what we think is righteous might miss the mark

so the advice is always to seek Jesus

25. Link to Post #1057
    Thanks

Not to nit pick but (ok I am nitpicking, but forgive me) Hinduism and Buddhism both arose from Vedism, with Buddhism also having deep roots in Bon. Bon is still practiced in Nepal and Bhutan.

all these old religions stem from Babylon

so it's not from God

but the Nephilim

That civilization is at least 50,000 years old and they have held their traditions through that entire time.

impossible

Why is this impossible? It's a proven FACT that homo sapiens were on the planet prior to the Adamu as told in Genesis 1. Even the bible, which you might realize by now is filled with errors and changed texts, but which you cling to so vehemently, says in Genesis chapter 1, verse 28 for Adam and Eve to RE-plenish the earth, which means RE RE RE RE plenish, NOT plenish.

There is other proof in the bible too about the FACT that the Adamu was just an experiment in hybrid engineering with the Son's of God who came from the heavens and took the daughters of men unto themselves and quarantined them in what was know as "the garden" while there were millions of humans on the planet already at the time.

So, your assertion that Adam and Eve were the first humans IS FALSE.

26. Link to Post #1058
    Australia Avalon Member bluestflame's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,500 times in 1,808 posts

one life , many incarnations

27. The Following User Says Thank You to bluestflame For This Post:

Beren (5th June 2012)

28. Link to Post #1059
    Thanks

....WHERE EXACTLY does the bible say we live once,.... or are you taking the catholic doctrine as being representative of 'our evangelical way[e.w. for those saying church doctrines mute,& by bible we live]'
    ...please provide verses, i'm not being spiteful.
    (...my model would then be, reincarnations..several...all the way towards a 'final judgement' scenario, or atleast the staging before our soul no-longer reincarnates into a 3d world as we are all now present within)

second, once it comes to this integration story. Like Gripreaper's analogy that certain charkra points are unactivated.

I asked myself this,... buddists have a science concerning the human body soul spirit matrix,
    why nothing similar in christianity.
    THEN I came across Dalores Cannons book on Jesus and the Essenes.
    TURNS OUT, charkras were known to the Essenes,...so one can say it is part of the most ancient mystic sciences,
    for instance, the Essene Teacher of the Law, interviewed in past life regression said the exercise involved with charkras was very pertinent,...i.e. people should not get it wrong,

it would according to him, be the 8 we are familiar with, with the eighth being the crown chakra (where ministers lay there hands; and influx is received),
    in addition, he adds a second one at the heart (nine in total), and says this one is only open in those with complete knowledge,
    then at the knees an additional two, and me thinks for the hands (#) and feet (#in the Book of Jacob dealing with Out of Body Experiences, hand feet 'energy' is important for astral navigation, ..though i cannot be absolutely certain that the Essen teacher mentioned the feet one),...and he also mentioned one which is very dangerous to activate without proper knowledge, that being at the dorsal bottom part of the skull.

so christianity as it has grown under its first guise, that of the church, was only a patch work framework, needing ....
    -end
    Last edited by deridan; 5th June 2012 at 10:17.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deridan For This Post:

Beren (5th June 2012), RedeZra (5th June 2012)

30. Link to Post #1060
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by gripreaper

impossible

Why is this impossible? It's a proven FACT that homo sapiens were on the planet prior to the Adamu as told in Genesis 1. Even the bible, which you might realize by now is filled with errors and changed texts, but which you cling to so vehemently, says in Genesis chapter 1, verse 28 for Adam and Eve to RE-plenish the earth, which means RE RE RE RE plenish, NOT plenish.

the Hebrew term male means to fill complete consecrate

Then God blessed them, and God said to them, "Be fruitful and multiply; fill [male] the earth and subdue it; have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over every living thing that moves on the earth." - Genesis 1:28

humanity stem from Adam and Eve

and the Bible lists the whole genealogy

with line names age and all

from Adam to Jesus

Quote Posted by gripreaper
    There is other proof in the bible too about the FACT that the Adamu was just an experiment in hybrid engineering with the Son's of God who came from the heavens and took the daughters of men unto themselves and quarantined them in what was know as "the garden" while there were millions of humans on the planet already at the time.

So, your assertion that Adam and Eve were the first humans IS FALSE.

the sons of God or angels who were set and supposed to watch over humanity

begot hybrid children or Nephilim (the gods of old heroes the men of renown) with women

and so corrupted not only the human genome

but also genetically engineered plant and animal life
    Last edited by RedeZra; 5th June 2012 at 14:21.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 89 FirstFirst 1 3 43 53 63 89 LastLast