+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wall Street Analysts Everywhere Agree: (THE WORLD IS ENDING)..!

1. Link to Post #1
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,587 times in 5,273 posts

Default Wall Street Analysts Everywhere Agree: (THE WORLD IS ENDING)..!

Wall Street Analysts Everywhere Are In Agreement: THE WORLD IS ENDING

Joe Weisenthal | Nov. 18, 2011

If you like your Wall Street analysis with a heavy dollop of rapture and Armageddon, today was the day for you.

Blame the weighty issues of the day (Europe, mostly), and yesterday's big selloff for the spasm of bearishness.

It started off with Nomura's Bob Janjuah. He said that any talk of the ECB saving Europe was a mere pipedream, and that if the ECB did go whole-hog buying up peripheral debt to suppress yields, then that would prompt a German departure from the the Eurozone.

Germany appears to be adamant that full political and fiscal integration over the next decade (nothing substantive will happen over the short term, in my view) is the only option, and ECB monetisation is no longer possible. I really think it is that clear and simple. And if I am wrong, and the ECB does a U-turn and agrees to unlimited monetisation, I will simply wait for the inevitable knee-jerk rally to fade before reloading my short risk positions. Even if Germany and the ECB somehow agree to unlimited monetisation I believe it will do nothing to fix the insolvency and lack of growth in the eurozone. It will just result in a major destruction of the ECB‟s balance sheet which will force an ECB recap. At that point, I think Germany and its northern partners would walk away. Markets always want short, sharp, simple solutions.

Okay, but that's Janjuah. He's always bearish so maybe that's not even news.

But then there was Deutsche Bank's Jim Reid, who is always sober, but not usually wildly negative. He offered up one of the most bearish lines in history in regards to German opposition to ECB debt monetization:

If you don't think Merkel's tone will change then our investment advice is to dig a hole in the ground and hide.

Oy.

But it got even wilder with the latest from SocGen's Dylan Grice. Again, he's always pretty negative, but he cranked it up a notch, comparing Germany's policy today against the policies that enabled the rise of Hitler. Specifically, he said that post-Weimar, Germany became too aggressive about fighting inflation, thus prompting deflation, thus prompting more unemployment, thus enabling the rise of the Nazis.

He included this chart:

And finally, in our inbox, we just received the latest note from Nomura rates guru George Goncalves, which is titled: US and Europe: At the Point of No Return?

He writes:

...we were wrong in assuming one could be optimistic around the EU policy process and have learned our lesson not to accept apathy as a sign that all is factored in as its clear downside risks remain. In fact, we could be approaching the point of no return for the fate of the euro, the European financial system and more broadly the concept of a singular economic zone for Europe; this obviously would change the path for the US and the global economy in a heartbeat too. We still believe there is time to prevent worst-case scenarios, but these sort of watershed moments reveal one thing, that market practitioners are ill-equipped to navigate the political process, especially one that is driven by 17 different governments.

That's it. Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!

And definitely, read Dylan Grice's brilliant note >

Quote DYLAN GRICE: Germany Is Making The Same Mistake That Allowed The Nazis To Come To Power

In his latest note, famously bearish SocGen analyst Dylan Grice goes there. Big time.

The subject of the note is Weimar, hyperinflation, and all that money printing that anyone talks about.

But it's not what you'd expect. He's not saying Germany printed money, and that caused Weimar hyperinflation and that caused Nazis. He's saying memories of Weimar caused Germany too adhere too much to hard money, and that caused unemployment and that lead to the Nazis.

The lesson Grice tells?

He writes:

And here enters a wistful historical counterfactual: how different might history have been if the Germans had inflated their economy when the crisis broke?

Here's his lesson:

It's impossible to say, of course. By 1931 the world was in depression. Germany would have been too, with or without its pathological fear of inflation. The Nazis would presumably have made the same electoral gains. But suppose Germany had inflated in 1931, like the U.K. did. The following chart compares the trajectory of the U.K. unemployment rate after it had left the gold standard with that of Germany, who stayed on.

After leaving the gold standard, the U.K. saw its unemployment rate decline by about a third from 1931 to 1933, while Germany's rose significantly over the same period. If Germany had been willing to follow the U.K. in inflating, and its unemployment rate had followed a similar trajectory, it would have stood at 17% rather than 33%. Would this have averted what followed? Would Hitler have won that March 1933 election with 45% of the vote? Would the world have experienced the evils of the Nazis in power? World history might have been very different. There might not even be a euro today, let alone a euro crisis.

And this is the killer conclusion

So even a hard money libertarian like me can see that there have been times in history when creating inflation would have been the right thing to do. Germany today has to decide if now is one of those times.

Europe's crisis today is orders of magnitude smaller than that in the early 1930s. The stakes are much lower today than they were then. But they are not low. And, just as it might have done in the 1930s, flexibility on hard money principles might help turn the tide. ECB involvement cannot solve the underlying problems of the eurozone economies, which are anti- entrepreneurial and too heavily regulated. But it will buy time with which to address these problems and so allow eurozone policy makers to get ahead of the panic for now.

http://www.businessinsider.com/unemp...y-vote-2011-11
    http://www.businessinsider.com/apoca...-notes-2011-11

PS - Not much else to say, we don't know already..!

2. Link to Post #2
    Thanks

Default Re: Wall Street Analysts Everywhere Agree: (THE WORLD IS ENDING)..!

bull**** the world is not ending !
    Chris....... Free your mind

3. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to slipknotted For This Post:

Calz (22nd November 2011), jackovesk (21st November 2011), JRS (21st November 2011), Mad Hatter (22nd November 2011), Maia Gabrial (22nd November 2011), pharoah21 (21st November 2011), ROMANWKT (21st November 2011), shamanseeker (21st November 2011), WhiteFeather (22nd November 2011)

4. Link to Post #3
    I live in Ottawa, Ontario Canada with my life partner.
    Thanks

I witness so much chatter both in main stream meadia including on this site and many others. Many think that the system can perhaps be changed or the corruption can be moved from the system. I disagree. The entire at every level, political, social, economic etc. has broken, it has gone as far as it will ever go. It no longer functions, and whether or not people agree it is coming down. In my view it needs too in order for all of our to co-create a new future. I may be wrong, but I believe the Mayan and so many other prophecies world wide are telling us this. I do not believe wasting our time trying to fix a hopelessly corrupt world system is needed. Would it not be better expending our energy and conciousness to creating/bring into being what will replace it. Unit conciousness where in we begin to work together for the common good.

5. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to lightseeker For This Post:

Billy (22nd November 2011), Black Panther (22nd November 2011), Calz (22nd November 2011), Fred Steeves (21st November 2011), Godiam (21st November 2011), Mad Hatter (22nd November 2011), modwiz (22nd November 2011), ROMANWKT (21st November 2011), shamanseeker (21st November 2011), sygh (22nd November 2011), TelosianEmbrace (22nd November 2011), WhiteFeather (22nd November 2011)

6. Link to Post #4
    Palestinian Territory Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,087 times in 6,275 posts

Quote Posted by slipknotted (here)
    THE world isn't, but THIS world is.
    And bring it on I say.
    The sooner the better.

7. Link to Post #5
    Brazil Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,127 times in 3,536 posts

Quote Posted by Lord Sidious (here)
    THE world isn't, but THIS world is.
    And bring it on I say.
    The sooner the better.
    I can´t wait any longer as well, Rob. Bring it on!!

8. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to RMorgan For This Post:

astrid (22nd November 2011), Calz (22nd November 2011), Cjay (22nd November 2011), eric charles (22nd November 2011), Eric J (Viking) (22nd November 2011), Lord Sidious (21st November 2011), Mad Hatter (22nd November 2011), Maia Gabrial (22nd November 2011), pharoah21 (22nd November 2011), ROMANWKT (21st November 2011), shamanseeker (21st November 2011), WhiteFeather (22nd November 2011)

9. Link to Post #6
    Wales Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,775 times in 1,313 posts

I have been trying to say this for a long time, look at what is happening, in Europe, UK, US, ASIA. its a winding down, there is no shortage of anything including work, there is absolutely no problem, all is purposely winding down, they are shutting shop all over, it all on purpose, its all being wound down, and we know they know what is to happen soon, all destruction is on purpose, everything, everywhere, even if we stopped them, we cant stop the coming changes, they do know. look who controls everything and you will see them shutting shop.

regards to all
    roman

10. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to ROMANWKT For This Post:

Black Panther (22nd November 2011), Calz (22nd November 2011), conk (22nd November 2011), Eagle (22nd November 2011), Eric J (Viking) (22nd November 2011), GaelVictor (22nd November 2011), Gardener (22nd November 2011), jcocks (22nd November 2011), Kano (22nd November 2011), Lord Sidious (21st November 2011), Mad Hatter (22nd November 2011), modwiz (22nd November 2011), phillipbbg (22nd November 2011), sdafnom (22nd November 2011), shamanseeker (21st November 2011), sygh (22nd November 2011), WhiteFeather (22nd November 2011)

11. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,355 times in 491 posts

Yes, they are indeed winding things down. The JDL is advising all American Jews to either return home or buy weapons. Obama announces a huge return of troops by year's end. Supposedly now there has been an announcement that some 20,000 troops will be operating inside the borders of the US for a possible "event".

I dislike when timelines and dates are given just as much as the next person, but we do seem to be culminating to an end result. I believe that to be the economic crash.

There are many things pointing to this collapse and yet many people will be caught with their pants down.

All I'm saying is that those people who are unprepared mentally, physically, emotionally, spiritually, whatever the case may be, do not come knocking on my door to help you pull your pants back up. We have all seen these things unfold. We have all had access to the same information. I took action based upon a balanced objective approach to what is actually going on on this planet. You should have too.

I'm all for uplifting my fellow human but the way I see it, to the willfully ignorant, we can be friends again after the tribulation is over, not during.

Sorry, had to get that off my chest...

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kano For This Post:

Calz (22nd November 2011), Gardener (22nd November 2011), Lord Sidious (22nd November 2011), Mad Hatter (22nd November 2011), TelosianEmbrace (22nd November 2011), WhiteFeather (22nd November 2011)

13. Link to Post #8
    Australia Avalon Member TigaHawk's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,120 times in 744 posts

THEIR world is ending

Ours is just beginning

14. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to TigaHawk For This Post:

astrid (22nd November 2011), Calz (22nd November 2011), Cjay (22nd November 2011), Eric J (Viking) (22nd November 2011), Gardener (22nd November 2011), jp11 (23rd November 2011), Kano (22nd November 2011), Mad Hatter (22nd November 2011), Maia Gabrial (22nd November 2011), modwiz (22nd November 2011), pharoah21 (22nd November 2011), TelosianEmbrace (22nd November 2011), WhiteFeather (22nd November 2011)

15. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,422 times in 3,394 posts

More than fine actually.......
    Last edited by astrid; 22nd November 2011 at 07:24.
    The greatest privilege of a human life is to become a
    midwife to the awakening of the Soul in another person.”
    ~ Plato

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to astrid For This Post:

Calz (22nd November 2011), Kano (22nd November 2011), Mad Hatter (22nd November 2011)

17. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Kano (here)
    Yes, they are indeed winding things down. The JDL is advising all American Jews to either return home or buy weapons. Obama announces a huge return of troops by year's end. Supposedly now there has been an announcement that some 20,000 troops will be operating inside the borders of the US for a possible "event".

I dislike when timelines and dates are given just as much as the next person, but we do seem to be culminating to an end result. I believe that to be the economic crash.

There are many things pointing to this collapse and yet many people will be caught with their pants down.

All I'm saying is that those people who are unprepared mentally, physically, emotionally, spiritually, whatever the case may be, do not come knocking on my door to help you pull your pants back up. We have all seen these things unfold. We have all had access to the same information. I took action based upon a balanced objective approach to what is actually going on on this planet. You should have too.

I'm all for uplifting my fellow human but the way I see it, to the willfully ignorant, we can be friends again after the tribulation is over, not during.

The JDL is another one of those organisations that would evaporate if the jewish sheep discovered that the jewish shepherd is lying about there being lots of wolves out there.
    I would take their word with at least a tonne of salt.

18. Link to Post #11
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,191 times in 5,447 posts

Jews return home? Most of my Jewish friends have families that come from Russia, Poland, Germany and Hungary mainly. So I wonder where Abe 666man is referring to?

Guns? A tiny population awash in a sea of another population would be very ill advised to suddenly pose a threat. They may be armed but they would be seriously outgunned by a factor of around 48:1 maybe 9:1 if you want to get really hopeful, from the minority view.

The purpose of this post is to show how organizations like the ADL do not have the interests of the intended people at heart. Their real safety is in assimilating with the rest of the world who are more than willing to embrace them. It is actually how it really is and why Jewish people are thriving and doing so well. They have no organized enemies on a scale that matters.

As Lord Sidious says, it is their own wolves in sheep's clothing who will lead them astray. Typical of all of our leaders of any denomination. The only finger pointing coming from this direction is at those who claim to have 'our' best interests at heart. It is all doublespeak and lies. Our leaders, almost to a man and woman, are all sociopaths with a good number of psychopaths in the mix. They are the ones who will have to run and hide. Where is their home?

19. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

Quote Posted by modwiz (here)

Jews return home? Most of my Jewish friends have families that come from Russia, Poland, Germany and Hungary mainly. So I wonder where Abe 666man is referring to?

Guns? A tiny population awash in a sea of another population would be very ill advised to suddenly pose a threat. They may be armed but they would be seriously outgunned by a factor of around 48:1 maybe 9:1 if you want to get really hopeful, from the minority view.

The purpose of this post is to show how organizations like the ADL do not have the interests of the intended people at heart. Their real safety is in assimilating with the rest of the world who are more than willing to embrace them. It is actually how it really is and why Jewish people are thriving and doing so well. They have no organized enemies on a scale that matters.

As Lord Sidious says, it is their own wolves in sheep's clothing who will lead them astray. Typical of all of our leaders of any denomination. The only finger pointing coming from this direction is at those who claim to have 'our' best interests at heart. It is all doublespeak and lies. Our leaders, almost to a man and woman, are all sociopaths with a good number of psychopaths in the mix. They are the ones who will have to run and hide. Where is their home?
    Not ADL, JDL, the jewish defense league.
    You know?
    They were once listed as the no 1 domestic terror threat by the FBI.

20. Link to Post #13
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,191 times in 5,447 posts

Quote Posted by Lord Sidious (here)
    Quote Posted by modwiz (here)

Not ADL, JDL, the jewish defense league.
    You know?
    They were once listed as the no 1 domestic terror threat by the FBI.
    Oops. I wonder what Abe thinks about the advisory? Thanks for the correction.

I feel like Emily Littela on the SNL skit where she went off on a rant about Endangered Feces only to have Chevy Chase inform her the subject was about Endangered Species. As she said, "Nevermind".
    Last edited by modwiz; 22nd November 2011 at 12:13.

21. Link to Post #14
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,355 times in 491 posts

[/QUOTE]The JDL is another one of those organisations that would evaporate if the jewish sheep discovered that the jewish shepherd is lying about there being lots of wolves out there.
    I would take their word with at least a tonne of salt.[/QUOTE]

I could not agree more, Rob.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kano For This Post:

Lord Sidious (22nd November 2011), WhiteFeather (22nd November 2011)

23. Link to Post #15
    United States Avalon Member WhiteFeather's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,979 times in 5,652 posts

Quote Posted by TigaHawk (here)
    THEIR world is ending

Ours is just beginning
    Got That Right!
    "Although I Live On This World, I Choose Not To Live In It"
    <:~W.F.~:>

"The answer to every question can be found in nature, if one knows how to look and listen”
    Gwilda Wiyaka

"Everything on the Earth has a purpose, Every disease a herb to cure it, and every person a mission. This is the Indian theory of existence".
    Mourning Dove Salish

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhiteFeather For This Post:

jp11 (23rd November 2011), Lord Sidious (22nd November 2011)

25. Link to Post #16
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,814 times in 389 posts

Quote Posted by WhiteFeather (here)
    Quote Posted by TigaHawk (here)
    THEIR world is ending

Ours is just beginning
    Got That Right!
    I don't think it'll be that simple. Rarely do I play the doom and gloomer but do you see what's happening in Egypt right now? I expect that's just a small sample of what'll start happening when the fit hits the shan in the west
    People are so scared to believe in anything, for fear of being fooled, that they end up being fooled in to not believing.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pharoah21 For This Post:

jcocks (22nd November 2011), Lord Sidious (22nd November 2011)

27. Link to Post #17
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,151 times in 3,856 posts

Quote THEIR world is ending

Ours is just beginning
    You said it best, Tigahawk! THEY have to worry because their corruption is coming to an end. THAT'S the change I see coming.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maia Gabrial For This Post:

Gardener (22nd November 2011), Lord Sidious (22nd November 2011)

29. Link to Post #18
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,473 times in 472 posts

I'm inclined to agree, regardless of what happens to our economy and what happens to humanity, the world will certainly not end, it would simply be transformed. A matter of semantics I imagine.

The global economic climate is at the very presuppose of some seriously bad times. I feel we are at a tipping point, the difference today then in past shifts, revolutions and depressions, is today it will happen faster, and with the advent of such suppression of information and the intoxicating effect of misinformation that is so quickly spread we would likely not know the worst is here till its already happened.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to toad For This Post:

Lord Sidious (22nd November 2011)

+ Reply to Thread