+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 7

Thread: Weight loss cure "THEY" don't want you to know about...

1. Link to Post #121
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,310 times in 18,139 posts

Default Re: Weight loss cure "THEY" don't want you to know about...

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    As I noticed here back in August of 2011, after reading Denise Minger's analysis of The China Study, at The China Study: Fact or Fallacy?, I no longer recommend The China Study. But I do recommend Denise Minger's blog - she's awesome.
    I’m reading the 2016, revised and expanded edition of “The China Study,” which includes a 67 pages of appendices and references. I’d suggest not to stop at Denise Minger’s interpretation of the one study and give it a second peruse. There are a number of scientific studies provided in the 448 pages.

Bottom line? I'm here to share what works for me and what I learn along the way. It's hard to watch loved ones suffer and die from things that could've been prevented with incremental tweaks.

Denise Minger vs T. Colin Campbell, PhD

A: Denise Minger
    1. awesome YouTuber
    2. blogger/writer
    3. “…vegan critic, Denise Minger, self-proclaimed debunker of T. Collin Campbell's "The China Study".
    4. “Denise lists a host of major health problems she experienced while following a raw vegan diet several years ago including hair loss, tooth decay, muscle loss, and vitamin deficiencies.”
    B: T. Colin Campbell, PhD
    1. Studied pre-veterinary medicine at Pennsylvania State University, where he obtained his B.S. in 1956, then attended veterinary school at the University of Georgia for a year. He completed his M.S. in nutrition and biochemistry at Cornell in 1958, where he studied under Clive McCay (known for his research on nutrition and aging), and his Ph.D. in nutrition, biochemistry, and microbiology in 1961, also at Cornell.
    2. “Campbell has followed a "99% vegan" diet since around 1990. He does not identify himself as a vegetarian or vegan because, he said, "they often infer something other than what I espouse”. He told the New York Times: "The idea is that we should be consuming whole foods. We should not be relying on the idea that genes are determinants of our health. We should not be relying on the idea that nutrient supplementation is the way to get nutrition, because it's not. I'm talking about whole, plant-based foods.” (Wikipedia)

Denise Minger: Starving On A Raw Vegan Diet?
    “Rather than deficiencies inherent to a vegan diet, we propose that the true cause of her symptoms is starvation - an extreme form of malnutrition - which happens to have the very SAME symptoms she experienced. In a nutshell, Denise wasn't getting enough calories for proper health, which highlights a very important point: be sure you eat enough food on a raw vegan diet!

It's unfortunate that Denise fell ill while experimenting with a raw vegan diet. It's even more unfortunate that she misidentified the cause of her symptoms. Starvation can happen, if one is not careful, on any diet. But to blame a vegan diet as the cause of her symptoms, as we discuss, is baseless and is just indulging in fear mongering.”
    (summary continued below)

Happy Healthy Vegan
    Published on Jul 11, 2013

Today we examine the claims of vegan critic, Denise Minger, self-proclaimed debunker of T. Collin Cambell's "The China Study". On a RawBrahs video ("Raw Vegan Diet Warning," linked below) Denise lists a host of major health problems she experienced while following a raw vegan diet several years ago including hair loss, tooth decay, muscle loss, and vitamin deficiencies. To this day Denise asserts in public talks that vegans and vegetarians can not maintain good health for more than a short amount of time as our health will eventually decline until we add meat back into our diets.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

avid (27th April 2018), Baby Steps (27th April 2018), DNA (28th April 2018), Ewan (27th April 2018), Flash (27th April 2018), Lettherebelight (27th April 2018), Mike (11th May 2018), ThePythonicCow (27th April 2018)

3. Link to Post #122
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,710 times in 8,942 posts

I have been vegetarian for a few years in my thirties. I was very careful to eat enough and the right food, biological etc. After a few years, I was literally dreaming of a good fat steak, very often, not daydreaming, but real night dreams. I realised that I was certainly missing some nutrients, so I ate a good large steak after a few years, oh delicious was it!!! lol

This convinced me that mostly vegetarian is fine, but not entirely, at least not for me.

Then husband happened, stress and all - all detrimental to my health lolll

So, we will see, if veges do not work, i will do like Paul. lol I do not think that bulk feeling is enough, but slow digestion is also required not to feel hungry. I have to try and see.

However, I noticed that I was eating too many nuts and too much oil from Running deer videos. It will be corrected.
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

DNA (28th April 2018), Michelle Marie (28th April 2018), RunningDeer (27th April 2018)

5. Link to Post #123
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,310 times in 18,139 posts

Quote Posted by Flash (here)
    I have been vegetarian for a few years in my thirties. I was very careful to eat enough and the right food, biological etc. After a few years, I was literally dreaming of a good fat steak, very often, not daydreaming, but real night dreams. I realised that I was certainly missing some nutrients, so I ate a good large steak after a few years, oh delicious was it!!! lol

This convinced me that mostly vegetarian is fine, but not entirely, at least not for me.

Then husband happened, stress and all - all detrimental to my health lolll

So, we will see, if veges do not work, i will do like Paul. lol I do not think that bulk feeling is enough, but slow digestion is also required not to feel hungry. I have to try and see.

However, I noticed that I was eating too many nuts and too much oil from Running deer videos. It will be corrected.
    Some of the incremental tweaks I mentioned would be to eat more fruits and vegetables (fiber). This past weekend, I had a steak sandwich with cheese and grilled onions and French fries. For me, whole food plant-based (WHFB) is a healthful guideline.
    I know me. Without flexibility, it ain't gonna work.

I google this: What is the difference between whole food plant-based (WHFB) and vegan?

What can you eat on a whole food plant based diet?

It's a diet based on fruits, vegetables, tubers, whole grains, and legumes; and it excludes or minimizes meat (including chicken and fish), dairy products, and eggs, as well as highly refined foods like bleached flour, refined sugar, and oil.

However, a food that is vegan may not be suitable for someone who is plant based or eating a "plant based diet." Oreos, potato chips, Skittles, French fries, vegan cheese, vegan "faux" meat, Coca-cola, and pretzels are all good examples of this distinction. These items are free of animal products, making them "vegan" and suitable for vegans, but they are not considered "plant foods" (they are plant fragments) which are generally not suitable for people sticking to a whole foods, plant-based diet.
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 27th April 2018 at 17:59.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

avid (27th April 2018), DNA (28th April 2018), Flash (27th April 2018), TargeT (27th April 2018)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 7