+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Happy (Corporate) Holidays, America..!

1. Link to Post #1
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,587 times in 5,273 posts

Default Happy (Corporate) Holidays, America..!

Happy Corporate Holidays, America!

25th November 2011

Barbara H. Peterson

Farm Wars

Here we go again folks. It’s that time of year when we show our holiday spirit by plunging headlong, eyes wide shut, into personal debt to support China and other countries while our own America slides further into economic chaos. But don’t let that stop you. By all means, go out and spend that last dime on the credit card for a Taiwan trinket.

The credit card company will probably be more than willing to increase your limit. Just don’t miss a payment. Can’t pay? Too bad. We’ll simply increase your interest rate and tell all the other credit card companies so that they increase your interest rates also.

So, at this time of year especially, not only do we actively support the economy of other countries at the expense of our own, but we also support the bankers. And we LOVE the bankers, don’t we… at least we do at this time of year. I call it the Holiday Banker Bailout. Without these corporate holidays, life would be a little less opulent for these parasites – parasites that delude the host into consuming what is good for the parasite, while killing the host.

But what if we just shop local and American Made?

We went to Home Depot last week to buy some needed items. I wandered down the aisle and found the hardware guy. I asked him if any of the stuff I was looking for was American made. He told me that almost NOTHING in Home Depot is made in America, and definitely NONE of the hardware I was looking for. I had no choice. If I was going to get hardware, it was going to be foreign-made. And that is the way it is with almost all of the mega-corporate businesses in America. And we pay for it. And the money goes overseas to support another economy, while we drown in debt. Happy Corporate Holidays, America.

But you like celebrating the corporate holidays you say? Okay, how about this: What say you give the gift of time such as home cooking with ingredients NOT purchased one week before the holiday and mass-produced by the likes of Cargill or any other mega-corporate whorehouse of crooks and con-men. How about sewing something up, or carving something out of wood. How about a game of one on one at the neighborhood hoop. How about bartering one homemade item for another with your neighbors or local craft shop. Be creative!

If you must celebrate corporate holidays, do so without buying ANYTHING.

http://farmwars.info/?p=7417

PS - Great & Succinct (Heading), basically sums up what the 'Entire World' has come too..!

2. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member WhiteFeather's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,975 times in 5,652 posts

Default Re: Happy (Corporate) Holidays, America..!

Nice! This thread gets 5 Stars! Great Insight. Thanks OP
    "Although I Live On This World, I Choose Not To Live In It"
    <:~W.F.~:>

"The answer to every question can be found in nature, if one knows how to look and listen”
    Gwilda Wiyaka

"Everything on the Earth has a purpose, Every disease a herb to cure it, and every person a mission. This is the Indian theory of existence".
    Mourning Dove Salish

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WhiteFeather For This Post:

jackovesk (26th November 2011), John Parslow (26th November 2011), Lord Sidious (26th November 2011), Samsara (26th November 2011)

4. Link to Post #3
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,191 times in 5,447 posts

Sears is a place you can get American made items. I bought a really beautiful hand ax made in America. German made items are also great, if not the best.

5. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

There are lots of things you can do to keep your money local for the holidays - get people gift cards for services at local businesses like a haircut or day at the spa. I run a recording studio out of my house and offer recording time for local bands at a heavily discounted rate. There are lots of small local businesses and services which you could talk to - I"m sure most of them would be happy to arrange something for you even if they don't advertise gift certificates. You can buy honey or preserves from the local farmers market, gift cards for local family owned restaurants, things like that. We are trying to do this for all our holiday purchases this year.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JoshERTW For This Post:

Lord Sidious (28th November 2011), Marianne (28th November 2011)

7. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,145 times in 2,998 posts

I told my sister yesterday, in from of my 15 and 17 year old kids, that Santa has come to abhor the materialism of the world, and that Santa was loath to spend hard earned money on frivilous and unnessary goods. The kids gave me squinty eyed stares. We are blessed and they already have most of what they want and everything they need. I've kidded with them for a few years about giving our Xmas money to the less fortunate, but next year I am starting a new tradition! Many fewer presents for our family and many more for others.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to conk For This Post:

Lord Sidious (28th November 2011)

+ Reply to Thread