+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Why Did We Have To Occupy Japan?

1. Link to Post #1
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,963 times in 3,187 posts

Default Why Did We Have To Occupy Japan?

I was watching my usual morning History Channel shows on WW II over this past week-end, this time on the Japanese front, and something struck me that I've never thought of until now:

Just for arguement's sake let's say Pearl Harbor was indeed the unforeseen sneak attack as portrayed, and there was no eye poking being done by the United States. Sure there would be cause for a robust military response, probably even a devastating response, but here's the rub. Even if one considers the methodical march across the Pacific back towards Japan, with all of the suffering incurred on both sides, a devastating response, well fine then.

But, at the point that we are told we had no other alternative but to drop nuclear weapons on mainland Japan because an all out D-Day type invasion would be too costly, that's what made me wonder. At that point, the damage the U.S. had inflicted not only upon Japan's military capability, offensive or defensive, but on the nation as a whole was so utterly devastating that she would have been licking her wounds for decades to come. Japan would NOT have been out looking for more of THAT any time soon, no?

I can bring the consideration right down to home for metaphorical purposes. Suppose you're sitting in your living room one evening, and someone comes along and heaves a concrete block through your front window. For arguement's sake one might run out, catch the person, and beat the living daylights out of them. They might even go as far as dragging the beaten individual back to their own home, just to make them watch you bust out 5 windows, plus their car's windshield, plus the water main pipe to boot. Couple this with a promise that if it happens again you will kill the individual on sight.

It seems very likely by this point that the offending person would never consider repeating his actions again. Now, if we assume there were people in his house that were scared out of their wits, but had guns, would it make any sense to make careful plans to either invade the home with tragic losses incurred, or else just blow it up with propane tanks, and then occupy it forever?

Why did we really have to occupy Japan?

2. Link to Post #2
    Germany Avalon Member christian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,191 times in 2,965 posts

Default Re: Why Did We Have To Occupy Japan?

Are you implying here, that the occupation did not make sense, given the fact, that the US government's intention was to act in the best interest of both the Japanese and the US citizens?

It's criminals in the (shadow) government using any pretext to justify grabbing more power over whomever is available, I find, same old thing.

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to christian For This Post:

58andfixed (28th November 2011), Fred Steeves (28th November 2011), Lord Sidious (28th November 2011), music (28th November 2011), Providence (28th November 2011)

4. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,795 times in 1,163 posts

To precipitate globilisation, same as the occupation of Germany. Also, to prevent the Russians getting a foot in the door, and to have a convenient base to "have at" the Chinese would be another guess. You are right, inexplicable by any sane reasoning. The same way two atomic bombs. WTF? Well, they had two, so they might as well use them, and after all, the designs were different, both needed testing.
    Last edited by music; 28th November 2011 at 19:09.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to music For This Post:

58andfixed (28th November 2011), christian (28th November 2011), Fred Steeves (28th November 2011), Lord Sidious (28th November 2011)

6. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,670 times in 1,986 posts

Aha, I think the story may be totally different after all. I have no links and sources at hand but if I remember correctly
    the 2 bombs that were dropped on Japan were actually made by the Germans and confiscated by the US only.

So they had reasons for a little experimental demonstration

One was a Uranium bomb and the other based on Plutonium ... I am afraid this awful version of history could very well
    be true. It fits the circumstances of that period.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Operator For This Post:

Fred Steeves (28th November 2011), Lord Sidious (28th November 2011), music (28th November 2011), noprophet (28th November 2011)

8. Link to Post #5
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by chiquetet (here)
    Are you implying here, that the occupation did not make sense, given the fact, that the US government's intention was to act in the best interest of both the Japanese and the US citizens?

It's criminals in the (shadow) government using any pretext to justify grabbing more power over whomever is available, I find, same old thing.
    Of course, this goes without saying. I'm just looking at this through the lens of mainline propaganda.(I mean history) I consider myself a rather awakened individual, and until just a couple days ago the old story line still seemed to have a bit of logic to it for the average individual. Somebody sucker punches you, and of course there is no other conceivable alternative but to rape, plunder, and occupy half the planet on your way to total annihilation of the perpetrator, and anyone associated with him. Millions of lost and ruined lives are of no concern. Makes sense to me.

I know I'm not the sharpest tack in the box, but it still kind of shocked me that I hadn't seen this before...

9. Link to Post #6
    Germany Avalon Member christian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,191 times in 2,965 posts

I find TPTW are regularly just trying to put together a narrative, that is swallowed by a preferably high percentage of the citizens, that is the end of it, whether or not it makes any sense by any standards, does not really matter, does it? It might even be advantageous, to have a nonsensical narrative, that is believed for whatever reason (e.g. emotional impact), this belief in a nonsensical narrative will help to detach large portions of the population from reality. If they can get people to wrap their heads around loads of crap, people become used to doing so.

But on the other side, balancing this, people genuinely wake up to it.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to christian For This Post:

58andfixed (28th November 2011), Fred Steeves (28th November 2011), Lord Sidious (28th November 2011), modwiz (28th November 2011), music (28th November 2011)

11. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,951 times in 812 posts

Much ado ~ about power bases in Asia. IE China.
    At the time any power bases not working or contributing to the west were cornered, and well it appears those cornered then ~ still are today. IE NK, Burma etc
    Why not now?

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nomadguy For This Post:

Fred Steeves (28th November 2011), Lord Sidious (28th November 2011), music (28th November 2011)

13. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,709 times in 676 posts

Quote Posted by Operator (here)
    Aha, I think the story may be totally different after all. I have no links and sources at hand but if I remember correctly
    the 2 bombs that were dropped on Japan were actually made by the Germans and confiscated by the US only.

So they had reasons for a little experimental demonstration

One was a Uranium bomb and the other based on Plutonium ... I am afraid this awful version of history could very well
    be true. It fits the circumstances of that period.
    The uranium bomb was possibly ours. We had that tech though some of the uranium probably came from germany (the "rubber factory"near auschwitz). The plutonium bomb however was never even tested in the united states. They played it off as confidence in the science but I call bs. Germany was advancing far faster than we were led to believe. There's a good chance we occupied japan to find out if the had any bombs as well since they were tight with germany.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to noprophet For This Post:

Fred Steeves (28th November 2011), Lord Sidious (28th November 2011)

15. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,106 times in 526 posts

Three words, Power, Control, Imports LOL

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Eagle For This Post:

Fred Steeves (28th November 2011), ghostrider (28th November 2011), Lord Sidious (28th November 2011), music (28th November 2011), nomadguy (28th November 2011)

17. Link to Post #10
    United States Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,067 times in 364 posts

It's very simple, they wanted to keep an eye on the USSR.
    Before you speak, ask yourself, is it kind, is it necessary, is it true, does it improve on the silence?

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Alan For This Post:

Fred Steeves (28th November 2011), Lord Sidious (28th November 2011), music (28th November 2011)

19. Link to Post #11
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,460 times in 1,155 posts

Raping and pillaging other nations is the American Way as of the mid-20th century.

It's just the propaganda campaign that the idiots ( citizens) are exposed to.They will believe anything they are told by the criminals in charge of their country.

To believe the USA needed to drop an atomic bomb on Japan would be at a stage of naiveness that would demonstrate the reasoning capacity of an imbecile.

All other nations associated with Germany had quit WW2, the entire world was now at war with Japan. Japan, with its air, sea and land forces destroyed was frantically trying to surrender.
    That is the fact.
    When that bomb was dropped, it was a war crime by the USA and crimes against humanity. They dropped it ( atomic bombs) on women, children and old people.
    Last edited by Vitalux; 28th November 2011 at 18:07.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Vitalux For This Post:

Fred Steeves (28th November 2011), Guaxini (28th November 2011), Herbert (28th November 2011), Lord Sidious (28th November 2011), modwiz (28th November 2011), music (28th November 2011)

21. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,106 times in 526 posts

You can almost justify anything under patriotism; the bombing of Perl Harbor did not justify the H Bombing of Japan. This was a clear message however that whatever country went against the US at that time would be severely punished and no questions would be asked. Korea, Vietnam, Afghanistan, and Iraq were all unjustified, except War brings profit!

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eagle For This Post:

23. Link to Post #13
    Palestinian Territory Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,087 times in 6,275 posts

Doesn't the creditor always take possession of the assets when the debtor can't pay?
    How else could the banksters screw Japan?
    Have you guys forgotten Libya already?
    The other things listed above are true too, but it is always about the money first and foremost.
    And I am of the opinion that both bombs were captured from the Reich.

24. Link to Post #14
    United States Honored, Retired Member. Ron passed in October 2022.
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,265 times in 2,136 posts

The reasons for war can be many.

War is used to cover up internal problems, currently the economy.
    International banksters profit.
    The military-industrial complex profits.
    The dark side reptilians make a feast of the fear generated.
    The dark side ET's manipulating humanity get to enjoy the multidimensional chess game played among themselves, using humans as their pawns.
    And the pawns learn from their experience, of being brain washed and manipulated by politics and religion.
    Last edited by Ron Mauer Sr; 28th November 2011 at 19:38.

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ron Mauer Sr For This Post:

Fred Steeves (28th November 2011), Lord Sidious (28th November 2011), modwiz (28th November 2011)

26. Link to Post #15
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,886 times in 913 posts

WWII was set up to turn the United States of America into the worlds military power through the military industrial complex.

You don't have to take my word for it though; just ask the Allied Supreme Commander.
    “Bundinn er bátlaus maður”

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 13th Warrior For This Post:

Fred Steeves (28th November 2011), Lord Sidious (28th November 2011), modwiz (28th November 2011), nomadguy (28th November 2011)

28. Link to Post #16
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,951 times in 812 posts

tru tru 13th,
    I suppose that's these dudes - http://www.aco.nato.int/saceur.aspx

I wonder what kind of briefings these guys get every morn.
    Why not now?

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nomadguy For This Post:

13th Warrior (28th November 2011), Fred Steeves (28th November 2011), Lord Sidious (28th November 2011)

30. Link to Post #17
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by gary-arsenault (here)
    Raping and pillaging other nations is the American Way as of the mid-20th century.

It's just the propaganda campaign that the idiots ( citizens) are exposed to.They will believe anything they are told by the criminals in charge of their country.

To believe the USA needed to drop an atomic bomb on Japan would be at a stage of naiveness that would demonstrate the reasoning capacity of an imbecile.

All other nations associated with Germany had quit WW2, the entire world was now at war with Japan. Japan, with its air, sea and land forces destroyed was frantically trying to surrender.
    That is the fact.
    When that bomb was dropped, it was a war crime by the USA and crimes against humanity. They dropped it ( atomic bombs) on women, children and old people.
    We had Thanksgiving at the house of some friends who are some of the most generous and loving people you could ever want to know. Their roots are in the hills of Tennessee, and they WILL literally give you the shirt off their back to someone in need, even a stranger. The same people who took us in and made us feel at home when our house flooded a few weeks ago. When the conversation got around to Iran, it was suddenly nothing but FOX NEWS talking points. You know the drill, "those damn Muslims, turn the place into a parking lot if they won't listen to reason, fight em over there before they get us over here" crapola.

In the same respect, one of my grandfathers was a fighter pilot in WW II fighting Rommel's forces in Northern Africa. One of the wisest men I've ever known, he was even the best man at our wedding. He hated those "sneaky Jap bastards" until the day he died. Never able to forgive... Never able to see that propaganda was not limited to the Axis powers.

Were he alive still, he would disown me for speaking such things. Probably my patriotic to the bone beloved grandmother too, whose glory days were hobnobbing with ambassadors and generals when the U.N. first got it's start. I now find this sadly fascinating.

It seems the story remains consistent across generations. Dropping nuclear weapons on an already utterly devastated Japan was actually the humanatarian thing to do.

And many Americans have the gaul to say other nationalities should be ashamed of the actions of their forefathers...How did we let ourselves become this?

31. Link to Post #18
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,405 times in 1,148 posts

Quote Posted by nomadguy (here)
    tru tru 13th,
    I suppose that's these dudes - http://www.aco.nato.int/saceur.aspx

I wonder what kind of briefings these guys get every morn.
    Curious acronyms used by these globalists:
    SHAPE - Supreme Headquarters Allied Powers Europe
    SACEUR - Supreme Allied Commander Europe

Trying to massage our brains to believe they're trying to shape a more secure world? And what's with the word "supreme"? Who do these monsters think they are? God?

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cjay For This Post:

Fred Steeves (29th November 2011), nomadguy (29th November 2011), Operator (29th November 2011)

33. Link to Post #19
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,739 times in 1,371 posts

Good question Fred, with many spin-offs. In order to get closer to the answer, let me take you a little further down the hole, and a little further back in time, as the answer ......

Why did the USA steal the Sandwich islands (Hawaii) ?

Why did the USA send Admiral Perry to Japan, where he effectively blockaded the country and forced them into allowing American traders, missionaries etc. to begin the process of demolishing their culture ?

The thread is specifically about the USA and Japan, but the real answers lie a lot further back, and involve plenty of other countries, not to mention goold old christianity.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mosquito For This Post:

Fred Steeves (29th November 2011), Lord Sidious (29th November 2011)

35. Link to Post #20
    United States Honored, Retired Member. Ron passed in October 2022.
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,265 times in 2,136 posts

Quote Posted by mariposafe (here)

Why did the USA steal the Sandwich islands (Hawaii) ?

Why did the USA send Admiral Perry to Japan, where he effectively blockaded the country and forced them into allowing American traders, missionaries etc. to begin the process of demolishing their culture ?

The thread is specifically about the USA and Japan, but the real answers lie a lot further back, and involve plenty of other countries, not to mention goold old christianity.
    Did the main street media say the reason for this was to spread democracy?

(Sarcastic ron)

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Ron Mauer Sr For This Post:

Lord Sidious (29th November 2011)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast