Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 3 7 LastLast

Thread: Snakes in Suits: Weeding out corporate Psychopaths

1. Link to Post #41
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,159 times in 13,484 posts

Default Re: Snakes in Suits: Weeding out corporate Psychopaths

Quote Posted by modwiz (here)
    Quote Posted by ulli (here)
    Maybe I ought to elaborate a bit more...
    Scorpio has the secrecy and tenacity needed. Also the cruelty.
    The Gemini moon splits the person emotionally.
    The sun Venus conjunction provides the attractive good looks as well as the vanity and narcissism. The sun Saturn conjunction gives the ambition.
    Mars in the first house provides energy and aggressiveness.
    Pluto in the 7th house means others are perceived as potential enemies.
    Who. or what, is being referred to here?
    Just offering an identification tool.
    More than half of the above factors in someone's birth chart and I'll eat my hat if that person is not a psychopath.

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

Calz (29th November 2011), Carmody (29th November 2011), JRS (30th November 2011), Lisab (29th November 2011), Mad Hatter (29th November 2011), misericordia (29th November 2011), modwiz (29th November 2011), Muzz (29th November 2011), noprophet (29th November 2011), Playdo of Ataraxas (29th November 2011), seko (29th November 2011)

3. Link to Post #42
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,191 times in 5,447 posts

Quote Posted by modwiz (here)
    Maybe I ought to elaborate a bit more...
    Scorpio has the secrecy and tenacity needed. Also the cruelty.
    The Gemini moon splits the person emotionally.
    The sun Venus conjunction provides the attractive good looks as well as the vanity and narcissism. The sun Saturn conjunction gives the ambition.
    Mars in the first house provides energy and aggressiveness.
    Pluto in the 7th house means others are perceived as potential enemies.
    Who. or what, is being referred to here?
    Just offering an identification tool.
    More than half of the above factors in someone's birth chart and I'll eat my hat if that person is not a psychopath.
    That helps. Thanks.

4. Link to Post #43
    United States Avalon Member Calz's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,379 times in 10,490 posts

Thank you ulli

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Calz For This Post:

Carmody (29th November 2011), Mad Hatter (29th November 2011), modwiz (29th November 2011)

6. Link to Post #44
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Carmody (here)

I help people fix themselves, sometimes... by acting in their presence as if the issue at hand which they cannot seem to see,is an established point and that I am past that and on the next stage. I do not respond to their incredulity or their lack of understanding. they are confused by the lack of the stage of thrust and parry, in argument, which is their social norm. Take it past that social norm.

The act of running from a fire which they cannot see, thus they run along with you, until they know what is going on. Which, depending on the situation, their personal understanding of the core point -may never occur. This is tied to the human childhood methodology of learning unknowns through acting them out and fitting in.....

Herding tactics can work both ways. good and bad.

Edward Bernays psychosocial interjection class, 101.
    Did anyone here ever see 'the Twelve Tasks of Asterix'?
    There was one, I think is was task number six, about having to deal with a beaurocratic system, and how he went about solving that task is exactly what you describe here.

It's come down to fighting fire with fire, folks.

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

Calz (29th November 2011), Flash (29th November 2011), Mad Hatter (29th November 2011), modwiz (29th November 2011), motherlove (29th November 2011)

8. Link to Post #45
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,979 times in 1,173 posts

And in total sync ktlight has just posted that bones have been uncovered at one of the residential schools in Canada by the Mohawk Elders. The time IS now.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Children's bones I meant to say.

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lisab For This Post:

Calz (29th November 2011), Gardener (29th November 2011), Mad Hatter (29th November 2011), seko (29th November 2011), ulli (29th November 2011)

10. Link to Post #46
    Sweden Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,114 times in 1,725 posts

Im convinced that old proven methods still functions today. Sometimes stupidity

is fatal. It probably works with megalomaniac psychopaths too.

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jorr lundstrom For This Post:

Calz (29th November 2011), Lisab (29th November 2011), Mad Hatter (29th November 2011), modwiz (29th November 2011)

12. Link to Post #47
    Thanks

What corporation has value add to a compassionate society? The corporation model must end to have compassion I don't see the two mixing whatsoever. The test to weed out psycopaths is yet just another way to control an out of control system a bandaid to stall the inevitable. When corporations end then the mind healing can begin until then everyone is chasing the donkey to pin a tail on it. IMHO. Best Wishes

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to motherlove For This Post:

Calz (29th November 2011), Lisab (29th November 2011), Mad Hatter (29th November 2011), modwiz (29th November 2011)

14. Link to Post #48
    Thanks

I found the video. If this is shown in all schools as part of the curriculum we will get real change.
    I hope.....
    Asterix had an idea how to bring down a malfunctioning system...short of going after the psychopathic leaders directly.

The first 8 minutes they give him the run around...then he figures out how to beat them at their own game.

15. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

Calz (29th November 2011), jorr lundstrom (29th November 2011), Lisab (29th November 2011), Mad Hatter (29th November 2011), modwiz (29th November 2011), seko (29th November 2011)

16. Link to Post #49
    Thanks

What would be most useful is a Forbes List of Top Psychopaths - including current incumbents & and protegees.

Perhaps Psycho's prevail when empaths do nothing..

Heads up & TY for interesting thread
    Last edited by Jay; 29th November 2011 at 12:56.

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jay For This Post:

Calz (29th November 2011), KosmicKat (29th November 2011), Lisab (29th November 2011), Mad Hatter (29th November 2011), ulli (29th November 2011)

18. Link to Post #50
    United States Avalon Member WhiteFeather's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,971 times in 5,651 posts

Has anyone Ever noticed The NFL Announcers, they sport this same type of corporate snake skin garment as you speak of, with a convenient american flag lapel. They have their snake skinned slimy hands on everything, don't they!

Last edited by WhiteFeather; 29th November 2011 at 13:35.
    "Although I Live On This World, I Choose Not To Live In It"
    <:~W.F.~:>

"The answer to every question can be found in nature, if one knows how to look and listen”
    Gwilda Wiyaka

"Everything on the Earth has a purpose, Every disease a herb to cure it, and every person a mission. This is the Indian theory of existence".
    Mourning Dove Salish

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to WhiteFeather For This Post:

Calz (29th November 2011), Lisab (29th November 2011), Mad Hatter (29th November 2011), modwiz (29th November 2011), ulli (29th November 2011)

20. Link to Post #51
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,405 times in 1,148 posts

If psycopathy is a genetic condition, we should be able to develop a test to detect specific genetic markers. It may also be possible to develop a gene therapy to treat/eliminate the condition. If it is merely a biochemical imbalance, it should be easy to measure and detect that imbalance. We might be able to design dietary changes or develop medications to re-balance those chemicals in the brains of psychopaths.

I wonder if psychopathy can be detected in one's aura and if so, we may be able to develop non-invasive, non-chemical forms of stimuli such as light and sound or experiential stimuli to counteract the tendency for psychopathy or at least to moderate it.

I agree 100% that we need to weed psychopaths out of positions of power in every corner of society. However, as loving, caring, empathic beings, we must be careful not to marginalise 1% of the population without any hope of treatment, rehabilitation and reintegration into society - perhaps with the caveat that they can never be allowed to hold certain positions of power. This caveat may not be necessary if the continuous monitoring and testing regimes as well as the treatments are uncorruptible and verifiably effective.

21. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cjay For This Post:

Calz (30th November 2011), Lisab (29th November 2011), Mad Hatter (29th November 2011), onawah (1st December 2011), Positive Vibe Merchant (1st December 2011)

22. Link to Post #52
    United States Honored, Retired Member. Ron passed in October 2022.
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,257 times in 2,136 posts

Quote Posted by Flash (here)
    Then how do we teach heart opening to the mass and in corporations? How do we teach the creation of safe environments in corporations?
    IMHO the solution is internal change. Weave our 12 strands of DNA back together again. The psychopaths are not capable of experiencing the resulting love. They will leave for parts unknown or perish.

How do we reconfigure our DNA? It starts with strong intent and playful research.

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ron Mauer Sr For This Post:

araucaria (29th November 2011), Calz (30th November 2011), Mad Hatter (29th November 2011), onawah (1st December 2011)

24. Link to Post #53
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,350 times in 2,555 posts

Quote Posted by Flash (here)
    Then how do we teach heart opening to the mass and in corporations? How do we teach the creation of safe environments in corporations?
    I don't think we teach them anything, we simply model what we wish to see and be. Each soul is on it's own journey to learn divine love, unity, and peace. I have quit the game, quit complying, and I just don't care about stuff anymore. If I need something, I work a bit more, if I want something I send forth the energy, but I have so little in regard to wants or needs really for now. That could change, but my needs are met. I fell off a horse a month ago, bruised my ribs, and started having some weakness on my left side the past week or so. It got bad enough last night that I simply turned to universal energy, asked for help, and I do feel somewhat better today. I don't have health insurance right now, so I am not at a state that I feel I need to go to a hospital where they will run MRI, CT, Xrays, bloodwork all to tell me that I need my back adjusted and to take it easy for a while, oh and here's your bill for $30,000.00, thanks.

I bring this up because many would freak out. Granted it's me and not one of the children, but I know me. I've put pressure on my spine, and need an adjustment. I'll get one soon. My point is we cannot lose our peace, we can only model peace and love. One by one, they will want what we have.... open hearts and love for one another.

25. Link to Post #54
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,024 times in 3,784 posts

Please, don't talk to me about 'the good ones'. Such discussion is irrelevant and distracting in the face of this issue and it's scope.

Worth repeatng because this sort of thing drives me to psychopathy on it's own. "Some' taxes are good. Liberals are a little better than Conservates (and vice versa)--(not realizing those are emotional sets they use to brainwash a person.) The poor are just angry because they aren't rich (like me!) yada yada. In actuality the poor or rather the Occupy group is raising hell about the notion that its the 99 percents fault that the banks are tanking and the economy is fading. Even the middle class who 'apparently' benefit from the system are the first to bring that sort of yellow concilation into the mix:: "Some" is good. It's all a system and the system is duality in itself. Some benefit from it and more suffer for it.

The snake is a relative symbolism. It's been represented as evil and divine and has its own duality attached to it.

Even in companies that have been created to blend pioneering spirituality and finances can't do it. In fact from my expereince they are more susceptible to that sort of psychopathy so it is a very difficult paradigm. I've observed one such company that I contracted with to distribute web and telephone broadcasts tank out and destroy themselves in 3 short months by not addressing the psychopathy in their own business. They preached against it but didn't do a thing about it lest they were perceived as 'not being spiritual'. So naturally with that allowed to run rampant by ignoring it, profiitablity failed, which meant less could be given, which meant less was given back and to halt this tanking of abundance...they attracted a COO that was clearly a psychopath because in ingoring it within their own company they couldn't recognize it. It took three months for her to destroy the pioneering of spirit and finance and business to a shamble of splinters. The first people that went were the ones who noticed right off the bat she was a psychopath.

The only corporations that I have observed attempting benefical corporations with any sort of success are the small ones that have employees that 'own' the company. Co-opted corporations. The entire workforce owns the company in equal shares

good post Carmody.

26. Link to Post #55
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,350 times in 2,555 posts

wow, so now loving your countries flag means you're a snake skinned psychopath or controlled by them? They may have taken over America, but there are plenty of us here who still believe in freedom and the right to chart our own coarse, and that is embodied for many in the imagery of the flag.

27. Link to Post #56
    United States Avalon Member Mark's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,461 times in 2,849 posts

What about Conscious Capitalism as a paradigm within which psychopaths can be weeded out?

Source: https://youtube.com/watch?v=rSm6eoUiXHI

It's here now, people are subscribing to its tenets, even if a psychopath makes it to the top he or she will have to follow the dictates of the system and if they veer from that then they will be immediately visible as what they are. I've participated in a number of these discussions here about psychopaths as it is such an important topic. It is great to see it getting a public airing at higher and higher level, which makes me wonder if a witch hunt of some sort is being intentioned here. If this topic becomes even more prevalent in the mainstream media I'm not sure if that is a good thing, as people generally are not capable of making the determination of who is a natural psychopath, who is a sociopath and who has just taken on characteristics of such just to succeed in this dog eat dog culture, especially corporate culture.

Laura Knight-Jadzyck does indeed speak of ponerology and psychopaths, in fact, she's the one who first turned me on to the problem about 4 years ago. But, for those of you who have read the work she quotes and the conclusions she draws from it, she's talking ultimately about the existence of Organic Portals (OPs), brings Gurdjieff and Ouspensky into it as well as Casteneda. She's also talking up to 50% of the population who are unable to emote in the same way as those who can, and speaks of the "ensouled" and the "soulless", so it's a lot more extreme than just talking about 1 - 4% who might just have something wrong with their brains.
    Last edited by Mark; 29th November 2011 at 15:59.

28. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Post:

aranuk (29th November 2011), Calz (30th November 2011), Curt (1st January 2012), Gardener (30th November 2011), Heyoka_11 (29th November 2011), Lisab (29th November 2011), luminuma (1st December 2011), Mad Hatter (29th November 2011)

29. Link to Post #57
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,024 times in 3,784 posts

A flag is nothing but a symbol for something. In this case a Corporation known as the United States of America. The state of America is....Corporation not cooperation.

Loving the flag means you are directing an emotional heartset to something that represents a Corporation that is basically intiating a form of tyranny against its employee (citizens).

If you prefer to see the flag as something that represents the organic country, be my guest but that sort of energy may be better spent actually acknowledging the organic country and what it is composed of, which is a bit more profound than symbol of Corporate America. You said it yourself, its an image. An illusion it represents something to you but its not the actual something so it doesn't really matter if one dislikes it or loves it. It depends on how much clarity they have to see through the illusion.

That's how they tie our mind up in illusions, making something that is an image or an illusion important rather than what actually IS important. And that is only because we choose the image, the illusion, over the reality of it.

Quote Posted by Unified Serenity (here)
    wow, so now loving your countries flag means you're a snake skinned psychopath or controlled by them? They may have taken over America, but there are plenty of us here who still believe in freedom and the right to chart our own coarse, and that is embodied for many in the imagery of the flag.

30. Link to Post #58
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,316 times in 10,234 posts

Quote Posted by Unified Serenity (here)
    There is no perfection, that will never happen. All you can do is fight as hard as you can for correction and stabilization... and then into constant vigilance within the scope of being correction.

That which is the problem right now, has tried to eliminate the aspect of capacity for correction ---out of society or thought. One where the parasite drives the body in toto.

Some parasites are in dire need of elimination. For the body suffers too much. humankind must have change in order to not fall into 'perfection', which is stillness, which is a dead end. Some form of pepper is required in order to keep the system moving along. salting of metals makes the alloy, which is stronger.

The parasites have foolishly decided that they are the system in toto, and they are about to find themselves facing a near total extinction. Karma comes for them as well.

As stated (in other places), they cannot escape the rules of this incarnation, no matter how they may feel. As for those half in, half out, does not matter. Involvement automatically implicates (energetic exchange), and the result will be the same.

-or-

Farmer John's twisted humour goes zen... and he posits to you, "Why did the pervert cross the road?"
    Last edited by Carmody; 29th November 2011 at 17:43.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

31. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

Calz (30th November 2011), Flash (29th November 2011), luminuma (1st December 2011), modwiz (29th November 2011), onawah (1st December 2011), seko (29th November 2011), Unified Serenity (29th November 2011)

32. Link to Post #59
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,350 times in 1,657 posts

Good thread Carmody.

As I see it these people are always gonna be a problem..

"It's almost impossible to rehabilitate the psychopath. In fact, there are studies in the United States, which suggest that rehabilitation in fact makes them worse because it teaches them new social skills they can use to manipulate the people around them more effectively" - Dr John Clarke

but it is multiplied exponetially, the higher up they go. So ban them from supervisory/management positions.

Much like a blind person cant get a driving licence. Its simple logic, not discrimination. The role of even the lowest supervisor or team leader is to support and help the people in thier team complete thier work efficiently in a way that creates a healthy enviroment for all.

You want promotion? No probs just sit this test. Oops sorry your a psychopath. Back to the shop floor for you.

Deny them the very thing they seek. Power. Force them to live without it.
    Last edited by Muzz; 29th November 2011 at 17:38.

33. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Muzz For This Post:

aranuk (29th November 2011), astrid (1st December 2011), Calz (30th November 2011), Flash (29th November 2011), motherlove (30th November 2011), onawah (1st December 2011)

34. Link to Post #60
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,006 times in 700 posts

Mad Hatter dons his contrarian cap...

What most seem to be agreeing with here is some form of testing to identify and then subsequently deal with a condition the OP identified as Psycopathy. I am not denying the unfortunate influence those suffering such a condition may / are having in various spheres of influence. I do however find certain aspects of the discussion disturbing for what seems to me to be a lack of a long term view.

By lack of long term view I mean that most of the solutions proposed would simply lead to the sort of world portrayed in the film Gattaca and I for one have no interest in contributing anything toward leaving my children a world like that. It is also disheartening to observe the ever pervasive mob rule mentality creeping in as well. So the 99% are going to go and beat the crap out of the 1%. How original... and where, pray tell, in history has that ever proved to be a solution?

I agree that the core problem as identified needs to be addressed but solutions along the lines of changing the paradigm to accomodate all present seem to me to be a bit thin on the ground.

I suppose what I'd like to see is suggestions for re-formatting societal structures in such a manner where people who suffer such a condition are neither advantaged or dis-advanteged by said reformatting.

What say you Avalon...??

35. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mad Hatter For This Post:

astrid (1st December 2011), Calz (30th November 2011), Cjay (30th November 2011), Curt (1st January 2012), Flash (29th November 2011), Heyoka_11 (29th November 2011)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 3 7 LastLast