Thread: Snakes in Suits: Weeding out corporate Psychopaths

1. Link to Post #121
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,555 times in 20,694 posts

Default Re: Snakes in Suits: Weeding out corporate Psychopaths

Viral Spiral, if that name suits you, then by all means, claim it!
    I am proud to do so , myself...

Agreed, Purple Lama, hardcopy works much better for me too.
    But for those who haven't sampled the books, checking out the website may help them decide to.
    The books are quite popular though, and I was able to get them through an inter-library loan here in Bible Belt US, which is saying something.
    I will buy them eventually, though, I think, so I can loan them to others.

I think those of us in 3D probably all wear the snake suit at one time or another, at least, until we decide who we are going to be in service to.
    It's a lot easier to understand one, if you've been one!
    (Although, actually of course, being in Service to Self is also being in Service to the One, just not in the most optimal, skillful way, from our perspective.)
    From the perspective of the Creator, of course, all is in perfect order.

In one of the books, Ra says that once one decides on the path of Service to Others, much assistance from higher levels of consciousness become available.
    We have to call on them, as they cannot assist without our request and permission.
    That's a very important point to remember, IMHO.

Channeling through the team of the 3 people who were responsible for the books was Ra's choice of ways for attempting to help correct what he had done when he took human form in ancient Egypt.
    As Purple Lama points out, "Ra did not fully explore the darker portions of the human psyche to fully appreciate what it was capable of, rather he naively believed that the universal understanding he had to share would spread and speak for itself. He didn't guess that the principles would be grasped by a few and used against the rest right up until the present time."
    It would seem at this time that our collective unconscious is still experiencing after effects of the fear that that resulting disaster helped to create.
    Which is probably one reason why getting free energy made publicly available is proving to be so difficult.
    And Purple Lama's point , that "We *must* grasp the shadow inside ourselves and bring it to light, we must find the power they use against us inside ourselves and balance it *there*."
    is so very true.
    Until we have done that, any attempts we make to stop the snakes in suits from creating further chaos and damage will boomerang disastrously back on us.
    Another reason why working with a group is a good idea, since there are other mirrors in a group which can reflect back to us where the fear and darkness in ourselves might be, and lend us the support we may need to confront and release it.

Wonderful thread! Thanks!
    Last edited by onawah; 14th February 2022 at 02:01.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Calz (1st December 2011), Ernie Nemeth (1st December 2011), noprophet (1st December 2011), PurpleLama (1st December 2011), ViralSpiral (1st December 2011)

3. Link to Post #122
    Borden

Thank you, Carmody ... I have been saying the same thing for a while. I used to believe that all systems of government would probably work well but for the fact that human beings are not up to the task and lack the integrity to run them properly. These days I honestly think most people - despite our general weaknesses and dishonesties - would create a far, far fairer world than this one. The problem is that psychopaths actively seek out these positions of power, and it's difficult to imagine them letting go of their place in the food chain. When government and media are controlled by psychopaths then what chance do we have of changing things? Though I do take your point about the hundredth monkey sort of idea. It could create a tidal wave of awareness, and then they would be running scared. I definitely agree with you that this is about the biggest problem this species faces.

Borden

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Borden For This Post:

Calz (1st December 2011), onawah (1st December 2011)

5. Link to Post #123
    United States Avalon Member Calz's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,379 times in 10,490 posts

Interesting ... ya never know what a simple search will provide ...

Name:  snakes.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  7.0 KB

Except for Carmody of course ... who roams freely among dimensions, densities and otherwise

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Calz For This Post:

modwiz (1st December 2011), onawah (1st December 2011), seko (2nd December 2011)

7. Link to Post #124
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,614 times in 5,382 posts

It is hard to accept, for any person, that there is a parasite that controls them. It goes against everything they believe about themselves and this world. My father is a good example. He is sure that commercials and TV watching in general has no effect on his personality or buying habits. But his arguments on most topics is purely a regurgitated account of the daily headlines and editorials. And his house is filled with the products advertised on TV. He is his own man and no one can sway his opinion on anything, he'd tell you. And if there was a parasite he'd know it and his doctor would heal him.

Our world here, on this forum, is not the world out there, beyond these electronic walls. There, life goes on as it has for millenia - nothing is wrong. The world is where it's at, those at sleep will tell you, because of those who do not follow the rules. Yes, us. To them we are the problem because we do not fully add our hearts and souls to the collective for the greater good. My sister used to tell me all the time that I am the problem. If I'd just get the new lisence requirement, if I'd just pay the hefty insurance premium, if I'd just pay my fines, if I'd just learn how to type or to budget or to be more like everyone else then I'd be okay. And if everybody followed the rules and honored imposed sanctions then the world would be a better place. This I believe is perhaps the biggest obstacle in the way of changing our world. Those that live their little robot lives blame us for rocking the boat.

While we blame them, they blame us. And without them, we haven't a chance.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

luminuma (3rd December 2011), noprophet (1st December 2011), onawah (1st December 2011), PurpleLama (1st December 2011), seko (2nd December 2011)

9. Link to Post #125
    Borden

Quote Posted by Ernie Nemeth (here)
    It is hard to accept, for any person, that there is a parasite that controls them. It goes against everything they believe about themselves and this world. My father is a good example. He is sure that commercials and TV watching in general has no effect on his personality or buying habits. But his arguments on most topics is purely a regurgitated account of the daily headlines and editorials. And his house is filled with the products advertised on TV. He is his own man and no one can sway his opinion on anything, he'd tell you. And if there was a parasite he'd know it and his doctor would heal him.

Our world here, on this forum, is not the world out there, beyond these electronic walls. There, life goes on as it has for millenia - nothing is wrong. The world is where it's at, those at sleep will tell you, because of those who do not follow the rules. Yes, us. To them we are the problem because we do not fully add our hearts and souls to the collective for the greater good. My sister used to tell me all the time that I am the problem. If I'd just get the new lisence requirement, if I'd just pay the hefty insurance premium, if I'd just pay my fines, if I'd just learn how to type or to budget or to be more like everyone else then I'd be okay. And if everybody followed the rules and honored imposed sanctions then the world would be a better place. This I believe is perhaps the biggest obstacle in the way of changing our world. Those that live their little robot lives blame us for rocking the boat.

Excellent comment, mate. If we weren't on opposite sides of the planet I would buy you a pint right now.

Borden

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Borden For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (1st December 2011)

11. Link to Post #126
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Yes, but as the sleeping ones wake up and begin to recognize the snakes in suits for what they are, and this is happening big time these days, with the Occupy Movement just the tip of the iceberg, they will begin to realize it's not the boat rockers and whistleblowers who are the real trouble makers.

Quote Posted by Ernie Nemeth (here)
    This I believe is perhaps the biggest obstacle in the way of changing our world. Those that live their little robot lives blame us for rocking the boat.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (1st December 2011), modwiz (1st December 2011), PurpleLama (1st December 2011)

13. Link to Post #127

Quote Posted by onawah (here)
    I like Unified Serenity's and ViralSpiral's stories a lot. They remind me of a story a friend once told me about a coven she belonged to which decided to take on a psychopath, a Southern KuKluxKlan politician who was running for office and was about to win by a landslide.
    They got together one night and raised a cone of power, and did some Wiccan rituals which were designed to turn the man's own dark energy against them, and to protect the witches who were working for the greater good from any karmic backlash, as they were working for the greater good, and not for selfish ends.
    Within a week, the man's luck turned and he lost the election, against all odds.
    There was a "sign" that proved to the witches that it was their effort which turned the tide, though I cannot remember now what that was exactly, just that it seemed clearly to be from Spirit.

Personally, when seeking solutions to the problem of pyschopaths within the System, I am more inclined to look outside of the System, within groups of people who are working synergistically with each other and with the Light.
    We have so much more power when we work in groups of kindred spirits.
    Such work doesn't have to be directed specifically at psychopaths to be effective in a wholistic way, but intent is certainly important, and specific goals can certainly be attained, as my example shows.

Covens and other kinds of spiritual communities are really effective in bringing in more Light to the planet.
    The more we do this, the more the dark souls will either break down and become ineffective, will have to leave the planet, or surrender to the inevitable and "convert".
    If I could find a coven like my friend's, or even a meditation circle of people meditating for the greater good, I would join it in a minute.
    The intent of such a circle is all important, but as long as bringing in more Light is the main goal, it will help.

I've been re-reading and reflecting on the Law of One books.
    http://www.lawofone.info/
    I often find the simpler something is, the more profound.
    The Law of One is channeled information, but even if one is skeptical of the source, I think the wisdom is obvious.
    Simply stated, I would say what the Law of One says that the essential things that human beings must understand in order to progress are :
    1. the truth of the premise that we are all One
    2. the working of the law of cause and effect, or Karma
    3. that there are two paths we can choose, one being the path of Oneness, or Service to Others, the other being the path of Separation, or Service to Self
    Those who are in Service to Self do not at first understand the first premise
    But they can become wise and powerful enough to understand how to avoid the effects of karma somewhat through manipulation and dominance, through use of the dark side
    They can only achieve this for so long, however, and must eventually come to understand that love of self must also extend to others, because all are One, and must eventually realize that to progress any further, they must embrace the path of Service to Others.
    A sudden and dramatic "conversion" may take place when they reach this juncture, and so it is a mistake to think that they are all hopeless cases.
    (Though some may hold out for a very long time, to their great misfortune. )
    However, they may still have far to go before they may be trusted, even after their "conversion".

IMHO, whatever those in Service to Others can do to help quicken that process on a planetary basis, whether it's case by case or in more broad based sweeping actions, must be done so in the spirit of Unconditional Love as the basic motivator, so that it does not backfire on the innocent.
    This also takes wisdom, but the wisdom of the Light, which is about balance, integrity and Oneness.

I think it's the destiny of our planet for this to happen and so it's happening anyway, but we can and must certainly help the process along by being the best Light Bearers we can be and extending ourselves to working with other Light Bearers as much as we can, which works so synergistically to ensure success.
    Just discussing this subject on the forum is strengthening and purifying our intent, and as Carlos Castenada's teacher Don Juan Matus so often emphasized, the intent of a warrior is vital.

Hi onawah,

You could create a group like you suggest or call a few friends up and ask them to join you in helping to bring about a Lighter consciousness for the people to embrace. Just making an observation that you have great intent in your heart.

Nora

We are all related

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Guest For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (1st December 2011), modwiz (1st December 2011), onawah (1st December 2011), PurpleLama (1st December 2011)

15. Link to Post #128
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 times in 818 posts

This is a subject I'm very interested in after reading Thomas Sheridan's book "Labyrinth of the Psychopath." He has now started a web-site called http://psychopathfree.com/ See him:

Of course psychopaths are going to rise to the top of the World in Govt, Business, Religion... - they have a predatory consciuosness, unlike normal people who don't want to be predators.
    Last edited by Mulder; 1st December 2011 at 20:50.
    “There is no coming to consciousness without pain. People will do anything, no matter how absurd, in order to avoid facing their own soul. One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious.” -- Carl Jung

"To see the farm is to leave the farm."

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mulder For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (1st December 2011), modwiz (1st December 2011), onawah (1st December 2011), PurpleLama (1st December 2011)

17. Link to Post #129
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Thanks Nora.
    I am working on getting together a local Contact group, which will get together once a month or so at night, in a remote place, where we will build a campfire, have a meditation and ask fora positive, empowering UFO/ET Contact.
    Many people are doing that around the world and getting very positive and transformative results.
    That should be a good start!

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (1st December 2011), modwiz (1st December 2011), PurpleLama (1st December 2011)

19. Link to Post #130
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,321 times in 10,234 posts

Quote Posted by Calz_Avaretard (here)
    Interesting ... ya never know what a simple search will provide ...

Attachment 11676

Except for Carmody of course ... who roams freely among dimensions, densities and otherwise
    You can do the same. Not that I really do such things anyway. basically anyone I run into is also doing the same, so it's no big deal, in my book, or experience.

free your mind and your ass will follow

Besides, such talk pushes some people away.......
    Last edited by Carmody; 2nd December 2011 at 01:59.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

Calz (2nd December 2011), modwiz (2nd December 2011), seko (2nd December 2011)

21. Link to Post #131
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,977 times in 5,003 posts

Just bumping this thread of Carmody's for its continued relevance and importance

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

meeradas (4th May 2012), PurpleLama (4th May 2012)

23. Link to Post #132
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,902 times in 15,481 posts

Are psychopaths in office at the B.C. legislature? And If not, what's the best voting system to keep things that way?

Charlie Smith The Georgia Straight
    Wed, 31 Oct 2018 09:04 UTC

© Stephen Hui

The referendum on electoral reform could change the way British Columbians elect MLAs to the legislature.

One of the first feature stories I ever did for the Georgia Straight was about a UBC researcher and psychology professor named Robert Hare.

At the time, he was the world's leading authority on psychopathic behaviour, having pioneered a screening test for the disorder.

Hare said that about one in 100 people were psychopaths - and not all of them were violent criminals. Many were swindlers and con artists.

These were often charming and charismatic people who emptied seniors' bank accounts and lived parasitical lifestyles.

They seemed to lack any conscience. It was if they had a missing chip in their brain.

Hare also insisted that psychopathy was a discrete disorder.

In recent years, brain-imaging testing has reinforced this point of view. Functional MRI tests show that when psychopaths perform certain tasks, different parts of their brains light up when compared to the brains of nonpsychopaths.

As a result, psychopaths have the same reaction to emotionally loaded images as they do to neutral pictures.

A University of Wisconsin-Madison study last year showed that psychopaths have reduced connections between a part of their prefrontal cortex, which is linked to empathy and guilt, and the amygdala, which is an almond-shaped part of the brain that mediates fear and anxiety.

"This is the first study to show both structural and functional differences in the brains of people diagnosed with psychopathy," University of Wisconson School of Medicine and Public Health assistant professor of psychiatry Michael Koenigs said in a news release. "Those two structures in the brain, which are believed to regulate emotion and social behavior, seem to not be communicating as they should."

Psychopaths are often glib and superficial, callous, and emotionally shallow types. Nowadays, the public is well aware of this personality type - the so-called snakes in suits, as Hare referred to them in one of his books.

One thing has stayed with me from that early interview with Hare.

I asked him which occupations psychopaths tend to gravitate toward.

He replied that they like working in areas where they can take advantage of people with a relatively low risk of consequences.

As for actual jobs, he mentioned stock promotion, psychiatry, the law, real-estate sales, professional wrestling, and politics as examples.

So if one in 100 in the public is a psychopath, it's conceivable that fewer than one in 100 in these lines of work would have this discrete disorder.

There were 338 MPs elected to Parliament in 2015, including 42 from B.C. There are 105 Senate seats in Canada, including six for B.C. There are 87 MLAs elected in B.C.

Odds are that there will be at least one or two of those B.C. representatives who would meet the test of being a psychopath, based on their prevalence in the general population.

Months before Donald Trump was elected as U.S. president, I wrote a column suggesting that psychopathic politicians could be exposed before their names ever appeared on a ballot.

Comment: A not so subtle hint of what the author thinks of Trump.

Nowadays, the science exists to determine if someone is one of these manipulative, purely self-interested, social-climbing predators.

But it's unlikely that any legislators would bring forth a law to require screening tests as a condition of running for office. It might even be unconstitutional.

Nevertheless, the risk of electing psychopathic politicians has not been raised during the current referendum on electoral reform in B.C.

There's been a lot of talk about electing extremists and neo-Nazis-and which system is best for weeding them out. But when it comes to psychopathy, nada.

As someone with a long-standing amateur interest in this area, I think this subject should be put on the table for public discussion.

Here's my take.

Under first-past-the-post, psychopaths have an inherent advantage because they are likely better at raising the necessary money to win nominations and coming across as charismatic candidates in individual constituencies.

They also have an advantage in party leadership races for the same reason.

Lawyers and real-estate agents, in particular, tend to do well in securing nominations because they can set aside the time to campaign while still making a decent living.

And as Hare noted, psychopaths are sometimes attracted to the legal profession and the real-estate industry for some of the same reasons they like getting involved in politics.

Nominations also must be won under some forms of proportional representation, including dual-member (DMP), which is on the menu in the B.C. referendum.

But there are also risks of psychopaths getting elected under mixed-member proportional representation.

Here, voters have two votes - one for a party and one for the candidate.

Parties prepare lists, which can be closed or open.

Whichever committee is creating the list can be swayed by a psychopath, particularly if its members don't know what to look for. Or a psychopath could get on the committee and influence the selection of the party lists.

Under an open-list system, voters can choose individual candidates. Perhaps this can increase the opportunity to prevent psychopaths from being elected if experts or voters highlight the candidate's ethical shortcomings over the course of the campaign.

This might be more difficult to prevent under a closed-list system, where the party selects those who will become legislators.

Then there's the argument that proportional representation leads to more minority governments. That could be a good thing for those who worry about a psychopath ever becoming a premier.

Under our parliamentary system, premiers wield enormous power. They can appoint and fire cabinet ministers at will. They can call elections. The only real checks on them are the courts and administrative tribunals and the voters at election time.

But in a minority government, premiers must also answer to at least one opposition party to stay in power. So in effect, proportional representation has the potential of diluting the power of the premier's office.

To some readers, this might all sound like an esoteric discussion that's far removed from the day-to-day reality of B.C. politics.

To them, I would respond this way: the world's most notorious psychopath of the 20th century, the highly charismatic Adolf Hitler, initially came to power in a democracy.

It's incumbent on all of us to try to design the best system possible to prevent demagogues without a conscience from getting into public office and wielding enormous influence over British Columbians.

===============================================

It seems that such a system of filtering psychopaths/narcissists out of power positions is direly needed, everywhere, now!

Related:
    Twilight of the psychopaths
    Political Ponerology
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Bill Ryan (10th November 2018), Billy (10th November 2018), Valerie Villars (10th November 2018)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 7