+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What's your "Secret?"

1. Link to Post #1
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default What's your "Secret?"

I did a bit of searching to make sure I'm not double-posting (and hopefully I'm not).

About a year ago I was introduced to the concept behind "The Secret" and then watched the video. I admit it was intriguing but not quite believable at that time. Since then I started listening to Coast to Coast AM and have heard it referenced a few times and began to question the possibility of it actually working. So here I am.

I'd like to know if you believe in "The Secret" (or, I guess, the phenomena it describes) and if you've tried it yourself.

Did it work? If so, how long did it take and did it present itself in an obvious manner? Do you have tips on how to make it work.

My family and I have been struggling for quite some time and it seems no matter how hard I try I can't get ahead. Here's hoping the secret's not a bust.
    -Larry

"People do things. It's a fact." - Master Shake

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to larphill For This Post:

jagman (30th November 2011), Kristo (29th November 2011), Ria (29th November 2011), RMorgan (29th November 2011), SaiphStar (30th November 2011)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member White Rabbit's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: What's your "Secret?"

Hi Larry,

I have that book and I like it. There may or may not be that one thing out there that resonates with you, there may be more than one that get combined by you that work for you. What I will suggest works for me... it may or may not work for you. The hardest part is the longing for something, realizing that the longing must be let go of before what you really need can come to you. In other words, I needed to get out of my own way and let *it* go (whatever your *it* may be). (I can be a control freak with what I think will work for me, instead of letting things flow, I want to create the river bed for it. lol)

There were many times throughout my life I have come across certain things, things I may have poo-pooed in the past (for no real reason except that either it was never meant for me, or the timing for me was wrong at the time) that I now devour with a hearty appetite. Everything takes work on our parts... the key to it is... when it is something you love to do, makes you feel good and look forward to it, even if it is hard at times, go for it... if it feels like work, like that job you just go to do as fast as you can to get to do something better, then it is not the right thing.

I believe that what you ask for with sincere thanks that is for your highest good will come to you... if you allow it to. For me, I am level 1 Reiki and devouring it like a starving person. Back in the day, when I heard of Reiki at a Spa, the way it was explained to me was so unappealing. Only someone who has studied Reiki would have known what to ask after the description I was always given... (I was always told it was hands off, energy work in the energy field around your body). For me, I was going for a massage... not what was described to me... I did not want an "air" massage. It didn't make any sense to me... because It. Was. Not. My. Time. To. Really. Know. I was not ready then. I think the reason it was not correctly explained back then, aside from it being the wrong time for me to find out the truth about it... was because it may have been something 'new age' and people were not comfortable talking about it or did not know enough about it. The receptionists may not have believed it worked and if you are trying to convince someone of something that you yourself do not believe... well then... how on earth will they believe you?

If something is calling you, make no mistakes about it, if you are listening... you will know. Well, that is what happened for me, a friend of mine told me about this Reiki Share she went to... I was very curious seeing what I was told about it in the past... well, was I ever misinformed! She described this beautiful evening of love and light. Once I found this out, you betcha my fingers were a typing to research this Reiki stuff... well... now I am attuned for Reiki 1 and continuing on with a Reiki Master. The practice has been so very settling for me, my spirit is much lighter. My situation sucks, but I am better able to handle what comes my way with my daily practice of meditation and Reiki... sometimes all I can manage is 5 minutes, but just to reconnect with the source of all is so refreshing... it is like a big safe hug from the universal energy force. I need to work on ME before anything else can happen for me.

Try sitting in a quiet place that is comfortable and private for you where you will be undisturbed... close your eyes, feel your breath, concentrate on only that and just let go and ask for guidance... and listen closely. You may not feel like it is doing any good, but be persistent, listen and pay attention to what you see, feel and hear during that time as well as during your days and nights. Does anything keep popping up?

Little by little you will be drawn to what is right for you. You cannot make something work, but you can watch it work through you. (it is still hard for me to let the river flow and not try to carve out the river bed for it, but it is getting easier!)

Happy discovering my fellow traveler!

White Rabbit
    ~a pebble in the water makes a ripple effect,
    every action in this world will bear a consequence...
    if you wade around forever you will surely drown.... ~ RJA

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to White Rabbit For This Post:

Caren (13th December 2011), larphill (29th November 2011), NeverMind (29th November 2011), SaiphStar (30th November 2011), sshenry (30th November 2011)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

Quote Posted by larphill (here)
    I did a bit of searching to make sure I'm not double-posting (and hopefully I'm not).

About a year ago I was introduced to the concept behind "The Secret" and then watched the video. I admit it was intriguing but not quite believable at that time. Since then I started listening to Coast to Coast AM and have heard it referenced a few times and began to question the possibility of it actually working. So here I am.

I'd like to know if you believe in "The Secret" (or, I guess, the phenomena it describes) and if you've tried it yourself.

Did it work? If so, how long did it take and did it present itself in an obvious manner? Do you have tips on how to make it work.

My family and I have been struggling for quite some time and it seems no matter how hard I try I can't get ahead. Here's hoping the secret's not a bust.
    I believe in some general, "law of attraction", but much more "deep" that what the Secret promotes. I mean, I believe everything is energy, and the energy has some property, pure waves that collapse in several stuff depending our influences on it, so, you could indeed become a magnet for some kind of "waves" that do resonate with your internal reality. As a concept, I find it correct, as a tool as described in the book and film, I find it too much "marketing" and too "superficial". Of course, just my opinion :-)
    cheers,

David

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to David Topí For This Post:

Caren (13th December 2011), Godiam (29th November 2011), Kristo (30th November 2011), larphill (29th November 2011), NancyV (30th November 2011), NeverMind (29th November 2011)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member ketturah's Avatar
    Thanks

I didn't read the book and I don't know much about "the Secret", but this year I had an example of the power of Intention happen in my life. I planned on buying concert tickets to my daughter's favorite Pop/Country singer. She was expected to sell out in minutes. My Intention was to buy the best seats possible where the performer (who is known for walking through the crowd during the concert) might walk by and my daughter might have the opportunity to touch/hug her idol. I got 6 floor tickets the day they went on sale 6 months before the concert. My daughter and I had the belief that it was possible for the Singer to hug/touch my daughter when she walked through the crowd....there were 50,000 people in the football stadium that night. Guess what happened? I saw security lining up along our seats and soon the Performer walked right in front of us, touching the hands of my daughter, my son and his girlfriend. After she performed on her ministage at the back of the stadium, my daughter noticed the Pop/Country star's mother and tapped her on the shoulder, and the Mom turned around and hugged my daughter. My daughter is very proud to say she hugged the star's mother!

I know this experience isn't what most people would use power of intention for, but it is a great memory for my kids. I have it on video, maybe I will try to post it later, lol.
    Last edited by ketturah; 29th November 2011 at 17:23. Reason: add

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ketturah For This Post:

Kristo (30th November 2011), larphill (13th December 2011), NancyV (30th November 2011), NeverMind (29th November 2011)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,979 times in 1,173 posts

The Abraham material really resonates for me, even tho I dont really go down the channeling route. You can check the vids out on you tube. Happy manifesting!

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lisab For This Post:

Caren (13th December 2011), NancyV (30th November 2011), NeverMind (29th November 2011)

11. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member Rantaak's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,484 times in 360 posts

To dis-spell any real secret is the true form of blasphemy. Be wary of those who claim to possess secrets, ready to share them with the soccer moms and mall goths of the world at the cost of your hard-earned slave wages.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rantaak For This Post:

Godiam (29th November 2011), NeverMind (29th November 2011)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,180 times in 550 posts

I haven't read the Secret (nor do I intend to, for various reasons), but from what I could gather, they are selling basic information on an ancient ability that I, for one, have been using since birth.
    So, yes, it does work. How could it NOT work?
    There is no force in the Universe able or willing to oppose it.

Read Neville Goddard, my friend.
    And/or the New Testament.

They have all the reassurance you'll ever need, but you do have to develop the faith that it CAN be done, if it's not innate in you.

And all the texts above (also Goddard's spoken lectures) can be found free of charge on the web.
    ET SI OMNES, EGO NON

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to NeverMind For This Post:

Caren (13th December 2011), DeDukshyn (30th November 2011), kingmonkey (13th December 2011), Lisab (29th November 2011), NancyV (30th November 2011)

15. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,146 times in 2,998 posts

Yes, the Abraham/Hicks information is the key to the Secret. You must focus and resonate with your desires. You must be just a happy if they don't manifest, not caring or being so attached.

The issue is blockages in our mental and physical bodies. Emotional turmoil and subconscious assumptions can and will block the manifestation of your wishes. That is the key to realization of the dreams. Not easy, but doable. I like Roman's take on releasing. There are many takes on this, many methods. You may desire something badly, but your subconscious mind may think you unworthy of obtaining it. You must clear the emotions and blockages. They you can more properly align yourself with your true nature, and that is abundance and joy!

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to conk For This Post:

applejax (30th November 2011), Caren (13th December 2011), DeDukshyn (30th November 2011), Elethia (29th November 2011), Kristo (30th November 2011), larphill (13th December 2011), Lisab (29th November 2011), NeverMind (30th November 2011)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

And be specific. I manifested a home in the area Ive always wanted to live in right by the sea. In the past Id always had landlords that were a pain in the arse, turning up for no reason, letting themselves in etc. So this time I asked for a more laidback landlord the only problem with that is I cant get him to fix anything round here! Talk about Manyana,manyana. Still at least he hasnt put the rent up!

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lisab For This Post:

Caren (13th December 2011), Kristo (30th November 2011), NeverMind (30th November 2011)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,151 times in 3,856 posts

Quote I did a bit of searching to make sure I'm not double-posting (and hopefully I'm not).

Gregg Braden explains that you can ask, pray, wish and hope for things and not get them because you're not speaking the language of the Divine Matrix. There's 2 part videos. The 1st part is 3hrs long as he explains the technological side of it. Part 2 is 1 hr long and he goes into the nitty gritty....
    He explains that you have to word things in a way that the Divine Matrix will understand and then manifestation will happen for you. These videos are very informative and worth listening to. For those who haven't seen them yet:

It'll help to understand how the Matrix works....
    Last edited by Maia Gabrial; 29th November 2011 at 20:50.

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Maia Gabrial For This Post:

conk (1st December 2011), DeDukshyn (30th November 2011), Franny (30th November 2011), Kristo (30th November 2011), larphill (13th December 2011), Lisab (29th November 2011), modwiz (30th November 2011), NeverMind (30th November 2011)

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,151 times in 3,856 posts

For some reason the first part wouldn't take, so here it is:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=JiYLR0tSp4

Hope this helps....

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Maia Gabrial For This Post:

DeDukshyn (30th November 2011), Kristo (30th November 2011), larphill (13th December 2011), Lisab (30th November 2011), NeverMind (30th November 2011)

23. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Maia Gabrial (here)
    Quote I did a bit of searching to make sure I'm not double-posting (and hopefully I'm not).

Gregg Braden explains that you can ask, pray, wish and hope for things and not get them because you're not speaking the language of the Divine Matrix. There's 2 part videos. The 1st part is 3hrs long as he explains the technological side of it. Part 2 is 1 hr long and he goes into the nitty gritty....
    He explains that you have to word things in a way that the Divine Matrix will understand and then manifestation will happen for you. These videos are very informative and worth listening to. For those who haven't seen them yet:

It'll help to understand how the Matrix works....
    Il check this out myself later. Thanks Maia looks interesting.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lisab For This Post:

Maia Gabrial (29th November 2011), NeverMind (30th November 2011)

25. Link to Post #13
    Australia Avalon Member wolf_rt's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,640 times in 418 posts

I certainly do believe the secret... that's not quite the whole story though.

There is some very sensible information on the subject here:
    http://montalk.net/metaphys/68/true-...reation-part-i

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wolf_rt For This Post:

DeDukshyn (30th November 2011), Kristo (30th November 2011), NeverMind (30th November 2011), Nickolai (13th December 2011)

27. Link to Post #14
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,466 times in 8,541 posts

The concepts in "The secret" do work, but understand the published version of "The secret" kept an extremely important detail "A Secret." The word "vibration" or "vibrations" where completely edited out, as well as the connection to emotion - which is the actual key to the secret. It takes more than desire, it takes desire brushed with the right vibrational emotion to set that desire toward fullfillment. Some have figured this out naturally, and others who are generally very positive people will have much more to gain from the concepts than a pessimist. You must not only not be a pessimist, you have maintain the vibrational or emotional state to be asence of pessimism and hold the feeling of your desire, as already have happened. It could be explained a little better but this is the missing key from the Secret that will prevent many from ever seeing the benefits of these concepts. This was done on purpose so as to keep many people who try this, failing, thus reducing confidence in the techniques - yet this is how to consciously create - the elite don't really want you to know how to do that.

I created and used my own version of this before I ever heard about "The Secret", and if done properly - it does work very well. But you have to hold love and confidence in your heart the entire time to get good results - this is the hard part, it does take much practice.

Esther Hicks and Abraham have a chapter in a book (and on audio) of exactly all the elements that were purposely stripped from the secret - and explain the way to make it work for you the best it can. I found it quite valuable, accurate, and at the same time entertaining, yet due to the nature of the source of this material some may initially balk at it. As always ... trust your heart!

EDIT: looks like this may have been covered ... What I get for skipping to the end ;-)
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 30th November 2011 at 01:32.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Kristo (30th November 2011), larphill (13th December 2011), Lord Sidious (30th November 2011), Maia Gabrial (30th November 2011), NeverMind (30th November 2011)

29. Link to Post #15
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,191 times in 5,447 posts

Quote Posted by wolf_rt (here)
    I certainly do believe the secret... that's not quite the whole story though.

There is some very sensible information on the subject here:
    http://montalk.net/metaphys/68/true-...reation-part-i
    Montalk.net is just fantastic. It is a goldmine and all you need is some time and the wisdom to know what is worth your time.

BTW. My secret is eating good food and thinking good thoughts. They are really the same thing.

30. Link to Post #16
    Australia Avalon Member wolf_rt's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,640 times in 418 posts

Thanks again for sharing that montalk.net link with me Modwiz... As you said, it it like spiritual armor.

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wolf_rt For This Post:

DeDukshyn (30th November 2011), Maia Gabrial (30th November 2011), modwiz (30th November 2011), NeverMind (30th November 2011)

32. Link to Post #17
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,466 times in 8,541 posts

Quote Posted by Rantaak (here)
    To dis-spell any real secret is the true form of blasphemy. Be wary of those who claim to possess secrets, ready to share them with the soccer moms and mall goths of the world at the cost of your hard-earned slave wages.
    This applies to the published version, but not to the real concepts as laid out by Abraham. I think most who are curious in this subject would be wise to understand the differences.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

NeverMind (30th November 2011)

34. Link to Post #18
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,085 times in 309 posts

My secret?.... I have an interesting book printed in the 30's.. it has lots of pictures and 400 questions and answers about the Book itself And A couple of Zombies stuffed into my closet... I'm not old enough for the flesh to be rotted off thier skeletons yet ...

35. The Following User Says Thank You to DouglasDanger For This Post:

NeverMind (30th November 2011)

36. Link to Post #19
    Canada Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,254 times in 267 posts

I feel The Secret just scratches the surface of our true innate potential... however it is a start, and something to get excited about... my journey of "manifestation" started with that movie, but as I explored more and more I realized law of attraction is a mere % of what we're capable of.

I dont so much feel the universe is governed by a law of attraction, rather I feel its a law of mirroring - this removes any desire/wish/want and encourages you to place yourself in a state of BEing and the universe will mirror it back. The grand part for me is KNOWING that I Am all that is, a co-creator of reality, and a piece of source energy - all is connected and all is influenced - therefore I have access to everything, and it to me. So if this is the case, anything can happen accordingly, not based on what I want, rather shaped around what I AM. A true reflection.

I suggest to read Joseph Murphy - The Cosmic Energizer -- It's almost a too simple of a read, but you will NEVER regret how this will change your life. He is one of my hero's, and has many publications, check them out.

I also suggest to look into Harrison Klein's Alignment Factor, brilliant man who teaches how to get into your I AM state for manifestation, it has worked for me.

Lastly, there is a recording I highly recommend as something really spectacular happened to me when I listened to it: Frank Kinslow's Pure Awareness technique. It shot me right into a state of majestic and magical "nothing" where I literally felt what it would like to be "God." I wish I had the words to describe the immensity in my experience, alas I simply cant!!! All I know is that while I was in the nothing, there was nothing to do BUT CREATE... perhaps the moment that started it ALL. I go to this place of Source and become it in the darkness and in the void - I hold the immensity, the passion, the creative power and say -- let's get the party started!!

37. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Zillah For This Post:

conk (30th November 2011), DeDukshyn (30th November 2011), fosselovelight (30th November 2011), Kristo (30th November 2011), larphill (13th December 2011), Maia Gabrial (30th November 2011), NeverMind (30th November 2011), SaiphStar (30th November 2011)

38. Link to Post #20
    United States Avalon Member jagman's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,322 times in 1,900 posts

All athletes, musicians & artists know, When your in whats called the zone! ( That is where the sparks fly!)
    Its when your at your most creative mindset. Its referred to in science has the Alpha range. When you achieve this
    range and all humans are capable. Your resonance is about 7 to 8 or7 to 9 hertz ,pulses per second Our planet Earths Resonance Frequency (ERF) is at 7.83 hertz, pulses per second. ( That is strange. Our planet resonance is perfect for us!)

The proverbial turd in the punch bowl is that, Our power grid operates at 60 hertz pulses per second!
    That is alot of background noise or interference! So you must find a way to remove the Interference
    Some people do this through Meditation. Anyway that is the only secret I know

39. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jagman For This Post:

DeDukshyn (30th November 2011), fosselovelight (30th November 2011), Kristo (30th November 2011), Maia Gabrial (30th November 2011), NeverMind (30th November 2011), Zillah (30th November 2011)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast