+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Simon Kimbangu and Simeon Toko, African Avatars

1. Link to Post #1
    Australia Avalon Member TelosianEmbrace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,491 times in 539 posts

Default Simon Kimbangu and Simeon Toko, African Avatars

I was amazed to come across this story a few years ago. An article appeared in Nexus, but our exposure to these stories in the West is minimal.

Two men stand out in the recent history of Africa as men of extraordinary vision and ability to the point of being referred to as 'Avatars' or reincarnations of Christ. Tom Dark says this about Simon Kimbangu:
    Quote There are Africans alive at this writing who were brought back from the dead by Simon Kimbangu, and there are people still living who watched him do it. The claim is that Simon Kimbangu healed the sick, made the lame walk, returned sight to the blind and hearing to the deaf, and even brought an infant dead three days back to life. Kimbangu performed these miraculous deeds over a period of five months, from May, 1921, through September 12, 1921. Scholars do not dispute that this man performed these miracles. There is simply too much testimony about it.
    www.katinkahesselink.net/his/messiah.html

Here is one of many stories about Simeon Toko:
    Quote Some doctors found themselves reading reports of his purported invulnerability. They thought they might pass the time by drilling for the secret, which seemed to protect the mysterious African man. They meant to perform an autopsy on a living human being. Under the pretext of removing a tumor in his chest, the doctors had Simeon Toko taken to hospital. They put him on an operating table, cut a jagged, mortal wound in the left side of the centre of his chest, reached into his chest cavity, and pulled out his still-beating heart. The aorta and other arteries were severed by scalpel and his heart was removed. Simeon lay dead, his body covered with the warm blood that splashed out of his heart and chest. Simeon Toko came to on the operating table. To their horror and bewilderment, his heartless corpse was moving on its own volition. He opened his eyes, sat up and looked at them, the chest wound by which they had casually murdered him gaping open. "Why are you persecuting me this way?" he said to them. "Give me back my heart!"
    Quoted from www.us-africa.tripod.com/angola.html under the heading 'Simeon Toko:Risen Son of Man or Myth?'

The connection between these Avatars and the Secret of Fatima can be found on both pages.

Here is Delbert Blair on Simeon. He waffles for a few minutes about gifted children and other topics, but at 4.02 the vid contains another story of the witnessed death/murder and return to life of Simeon Toko.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TelosianEmbrace For This Post:

161803398 (2nd December 2011), baddbob (1st December 2011), kersley (1st December 2011), Mark (2nd December 2011), noprophet (1st December 2011), Ria (1st December 2011), StephenW11UK (1st December 2011)

3. Link to Post #2
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,071 times in 752 posts

Default Re: Simon Kimbangu and Simeon Toko, African Avatars

This is fascinating, and deplorable what he went through. I wish I had know-en him. Also I am surprised that I have not heard about him before.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ria For This Post:

TelosianEmbrace (2nd December 2011)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Very interesting, I'd never heard of this man before.
    Before enlightenment, chop wood; carry water. After enlightenment, chop wood; carry water. -Zen Proverb

6. Link to Post #4
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,071 times in 752 posts

Any further info would gratefully appreciated.

+ Reply to Thread