+ Reply to Thread
Page 1343 of 1402 FirstFirst 1 343 843 1243 1293 1333 1343 1353 1393 1402 LastLast
Results 26,841 to 26,860 of 28034

Thread: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

1. Link to Post #26841
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,359 times in 11,179 posts

Default Re: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

Nemesis Maturity

Rare Transit Of Mercury Across The Sun

Published 1st April 2019

Mercury transits occur just 13 times per century, on average. They're so rare because the innermost planet's orbit is inclined by about 7 degrees compared to that of Earth, so Mercury, the sun and our home planet just don't line up all that often.

Mark your calendar!
    Mercury will cross the sun's face from Earth's perspective on Monday (November11, 2019) in the first such "transit" since 2016.
    The next one won't occur until Nov. 13, 2032. This is an unusual event, not to be missed.

The rare transit begins at 12:35 UT (7:35 am EST) and lasts for almost six hours. Mercury's tiny disk—jet black and perfectly round—will glide slowly across the face of the sun.

People in every continent except Australia can see at least a portion of the crossing. In the USA, the best place to be is on the Atlantic coast, where the entire transit is visible. On the Pacific coast the transit will already be in progress at sunrise.

Warning! Mercury covers only a tiny fraction of the sun's surface, so staring at the sun remains just as painful and dangerous as ever. But with a proper filter, the Transit of Mercury can be a marvelous experience.

Read all about it here: https://www.shadowandsubstance.com/?p=142 & https://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/transit/transit.html & https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transit_of_Mercury

I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

jcking (3rd April 2019), william r sanford72 (3rd April 2019)

3. Link to Post #26842
    Thanks

TMRO

Orbit 12.11 | Why JWST's First Images Will Just Be 18 Fuzzy Blobs

Published 31st March 2019

This week we are joined by NASA's James Webb Space Telescope Program Scientist Dr. Eric Smith. We talk about the most ambitious space telescope project humans have ever undertaken, and why when we get the first images back it will likely just be 18 fuzzy blobs.

I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

william r sanford72 (3rd April 2019)

5. Link to Post #26843
    Thanks

CosmoQuest

Daily Space

Streamed & Published 1st & 2nd April 2019

Dr Pamela Gay with your space & astronomy news for the two past days.

Last edited by Star Tsar; 3rd April 2019 at 05:05.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

7. Link to Post #26844
    Thanks

Suspicious Observers | Space News | 1st & 2nd April 2019

Last edited by Star Tsar; 3rd April 2019 at 05:06.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

9. Link to Post #26845
    Thanks

Launch Pad Astronomy

Could Life Exist Around Red Dwarf Stars?

Published 1st April 2019

Could life exist around red dwarf stars? That's one of the most important questions in our search for life in the universe. Red dwarf stars are the most common type of star and they live for up to several trillion years. So if life can exist around red dwarf stars, then life might be very common in the universe. In fact, the two closest planets to the Sun, Proxima Centauri and Barnard's star, each host potentially habitable planets (Proxima b and Barnard b).

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

11. Link to Post #26846
    Thanks

Phys.org

Exoplanet Satellite Ready

Published 1st April 2019

ESA's Characterising Exoplanet Satellite, Cheops, was recently declared ready to fly after completing a series of final spacecraft tests.

Cheops will lift off as a secondary passenger on a Soyuz-Fregat rocket launching from Europe's Spaceport in Kourou, French Guiana. The satellite will be stored at the Airbus Defence and Space facility in Madrid for a few months before being shipped to the launch site, targeting the launch time slot between 15 October and 14 November in 2019.

Read all about it here: https://phys.org/news/2019-04-exopla...ite-ready.html

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

13. Link to Post #26847
    Thanks

The Richard Dolan Show

Intelligent Disclosure | UFOs In Space. What's Going on Up There?

Streamed & Published 2nd April 2019

As long as we have been in space, we have seen UFOs. As humanity inevitably moves more and more into this realm, space-based UFOs will only become more important to acknowledge and understand. Meanwhile, there is a tremendous amount of history in this arena to discuss.

Richard Dolan is one of the world’s leading researchers and writers on the subject of UFOs and believes that they constitute the greatest mystery of our time. He is the author of two volumes of history, UFOs and the National Security State, both ground-breaking works which together provide the most factually complete and accessible narrative of the UFO subject available anywhere. He also co-authored a speculative book about the future, A.D. After Disclosure, the first-ever analysis not only of how UFO secrecy might end, but of the all-important question: what happens next?

&

Frank Feschino | The Flatwoods Monster : Best Evidence

Streamed & Published 1st April 2019

This is PART ONE of a three-part series of interviews with Frank Feschino on the Richard Dolan Show. Feschino provides extensive detail regarding the legendary “Flatwoods Monster” UFO incident of September 12, 1952. This part discusses the astonishing “Shoot Them Down” background to the story. Feschino demonstrates that the Flatwoods event was one of four major incursions of U.S. airspace by unidentified flying objects. These craft were fired upon by the U.S. Air Force.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

15. Link to Post #26848
    Thanks

Podcast UFO

Steve Ward | UFOs, Mothman & More!

Streamed & Published 3rd April 2019

Steve Ward has been fascinated by the unexplained for over half a century. There were two events that had a major influence on Steve and set a course for his future path. Growing up in Michigan, the March 1966 UFO flap occurred virtually in his backyard. The best, however was yet to come. The following November a winged humanoid chased two couples down a lonely country road near Point Pleasant, West Virginia, and the legend of the Mothman was born. In a way, Steve would be chasing the Mothman the rest of his life. Influenced by John Keel and Jacques Vallee, his views on UFOs became unconventional and moved more toward a paranormal explanation. While in Europe in 1973 he stood at the foot of Stonehenge & on the shores of Loch Ness. In 1976 he attended the MUFON Symposium in Ann Arbor, Michigan and met such major figures as Ray Stanford and J. Allen Hynek. He was also able to interview Gray Barker of Saucerian Publications who was one of the attendees at the symposium. In 1977, he made his first visit to Point Pleasant, after having read "The Mothman Prophecies" by John Keel. In 1980 he joined the Navy and served aboard the USS Billfish, a nuclear fast attack submarine. Since 2006 he has been involved in the Mothman Festival, both behind the scenes and as a tour guide in the TNT area where the Mothman was first seen. He has spoken at the Mothman Festival for the last two years. Steve's main area of research is, what some call "high strangeness" or "window areas" (as Keel dubbed them) where disparate types of paranormal phenomena all seem to occur in the same location, and that studying these paranormally active locations may be the key to understanding what the source behind the manifestations may be. He is involved with the Roads Beyond the Known web series & is a correspondent on Mack Maloney's Military X- Files Radio Show. He has also just started his own show, "The High Strangeness Factor" that can be heard on Paranormal UK Radio.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

william r sanford72 (4th April 2019)

17. Link to Post #26849
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Star Tsar (here)
    The Nimitz Encounters

Omar Lara : Witness

Published 25th March 2019

Meet Omar Lara, A US military vet, Former flight decker in air ops on the USS Nimitz & Witness to the infamous incident...

Patrick Hughes : Witness

Published 2nd April 2019

Meet Patrick Hughes, An Aviation Tech & Witness to the infamous incident...

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

19. Link to Post #26850
    Thanks

Dr J Radio

John Milor | UFOs & Aliens In The Bible

Published 1st April 2019

John Milor is the author of several books related to paranormal subjects, with a Biblical perspective. His interest in understanding the mysteries of the unknown began at the age of five after hearing his great grandmother’s testimony of seeing a UFO hovering above the plains of Kentucky, shortly following the turn of the century. This story, as well supernatural encounters of his own, have fueled his quest for truth.

Aside from being a family man and dedicated serviceman, John Milor is educated in multiple fields of study. He has two associate degrees, Liberal Arts and Information Technology, a Bachelor degree in Business, a Master degree in Professional Screenwriting, and he’s currently pursuing a second Master degree in Cyber Security and Ethical Hacking. He shares all he knows concerning the UFOlogical & Biblical.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

21. Link to Post #26851
    Thanks

MJ Banias

MJ Banias Reviews - "Calling all Earthlings"

Published 19th March 2019

Space desert hippies, Joshua Tree, and the Integratron. Can anything get much better than that? Check out one of Ufology's greatest mythological legacies and buckle in for this weird historical UFO documentary.

https://www.amazon.com/Calling-All-E.../dp/B07FCVH2BP

Trailer:

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

23. Link to Post #26852
    Thanks

Cool Re: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

Ancient Astronaut Archive

Ancient Aircraft & Atomic War In India

Published 1st April 2019

Found in the ancient Sanskrit texts of India are descriptions of wonderous aeronautical craft…Craft that flew the skies thousands of years before mankind rediscovered flight.

Mainstream scholars argue that these accounts of aerial craft and battles are mere myth. What if they are not myth? What if they were actual accounts of extraterrestrial technology?

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

avid (4th April 2019), william r sanford72 (5th April 2019)

25. Link to Post #26853
    Thanks

UFO Planet

UFO Sightings | 27th - 31st March 2019

Published 31st March 2019

The videos and photos contained in this production have been submitted by people from around the world and have not been investigated by qualified investigators as of yet.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

william r sanford72 (5th April 2019)

27. Link to Post #26854
    Thanks

Exploring The Bizarre

Jorge Martin | UFOS, Aliens, Military Coverup & Devastation Of Puerto Rico's Rain Forest

Published 3rd April 2019

It can't be spookier than this. Exploring the Bizarre hosts Tim Beckley and Tim Swartz welcome Puerto Rico's most influential UFO investigator Jorge Martin He has investigated hundreds of cases and incidents related to all things unusual and unexplained. These include encounters with little grey beings, the the involvement of the military and even a possible UFO crash. His books include Caribbean UFO Cover Up of the Third Kind, Taken in the Light, and El Yunque : A Portal to Other Worlds. He has been a consultant for the National Geographic channel, Unsolved Mysteries and Strange Universe.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

29. Link to Post #26855
    Thanks

Suspicious Observers | Space News | 3rd & 4th April 2019

&

Breaking Newton & Dark Matter | Mannheim Force

Dr. Philip Mannheim on conformal gravity, the influence of the total universal influence on every particle in the cosmos, the inapplicability of Newton's law at large distances, and the poor science of dark matter.

Here is his latest essay: https://arxiv.org/pdf/1903.11217.pdf

Learn more about Dr. Mannheim's work: https://physics.uconn.edu/person/philip-mannheim/

Note for Plasma Universe proponents: This is the next-closest DM alternative. The focus on the outside, and on the importance of forces at large scale, combined with the focus on luminous matter, makes this a delightful sister-theory to plasma universe.

Last edited by Star Tsar; 4th April 2019 at 14:04.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

avid (4th April 2019), william r sanford72 (4th April 2019)

31. Link to Post #26856
    Thanks

Nemesis Maturity

Spectacular Sunset Sky Show - Skywatchers Are In For A Special Celestial Treat

Published 4th April 2019

Discover the beauty and wonder of the night sky that has fascinated humanity for millenia.

On April 8th, look low in the west after sunset to find the slim crescent of the four-day-old Moon with some companions.

To the right of the Moon is the Pleiades star cluster. Above and to the right is Mars. And above and to the left is the red giant star Aldebaran.

By the next evening, the Moon has moved a bit higher in the sky and hangs here, above Aldebaran.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

avid (4th April 2019), william r sanford72 (5th April 2019)

33. Link to Post #26857
    Thanks

PBS Space Time

The Edge Of An Infinite Universe

Published 4th April 2019

Have you ever asked “what is beyond the edge of the universe?” And have you ever been told that an infinite universe that has no edge? You were told wrong. In a sense. We can define a boundary to an infinite universe, at least mathematically. And it turns out that boundary may be as real or even more real than the universe it contains.

Our universe may be infinite. In order to wrap our puny human minds around such a notion we like to come up with boundaries. For example we have the “observable universe” – that patch that we can see, and beyond which light has not yet had time to reach us. It’s boundary is called the particle horizon. Beyond it there exists at a minimum of thousands and possibly infinitely more regions just as large. Our observable universe is like a tiny patch of land in a vast plain. We define its horizon like we might build a little picket fence around our little patch – meaningless from the point of view of the plain, but it makes our patch feel more homey and us less crushingly insignificant.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

35. Link to Post #26858
    Thanks

Phys.org

What Does Uranus Sound Like?

Published 2nd April 2019

Sometimes kids ask really simple questions – and parents have no idea what the answers are. When one of our colleagues was asked what it sounds like on the planet Uranus, she was stumped. And so were we! So we asked an expert.

Paul Byrne is a planetary geologist and an assistant professor in NC State's Department of Marine, Earth, and Atmospheric Sciences. Because Byrne studies how (and why) planets look the way they do, we figured that he'd be a great person to talk to about what Uranus might sound like.

Read all about it here: https://phys.org/news/2019-04-uranus.html

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

37. Link to Post #26859
    Thanks

Astronomy.com

TESS Spots Its First Exocomet Around One Of The Sky's Brightest Stars

Published 3rd April 2019

Nestled in the disk of the young star Beta Pictoris, the newfound exocomet finally confirms a prediction made some 20 years ago.

Read all about it here: http://www.astronomy.com/news/2019/0...rightest-stars

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

39. Link to Post #26860
    Thanks

Scientific Coalition For Ufology

Jason Turner - SCU 2004 Nimitz Strike Group Case Interview

Published 3rd April 2019

Petty Officer Third Class Jason Turner was in Supply and did not have access to radar or
    electronic data on the ship. However, he had a security clearance and as a result was able to view the IR video with the ship’s cryptology group. Jason was active in the service for 10 years and was stationed onboard the Princeton from January 2002 to March 2005.
    Jason Turner was first interviewed by Robert Powell on January 11, 2018

Gary Voorhis - SCU 2004 Nimitz Strike Group Case Interview

Gary Voorhis is also a key witness from the USS Princeton because he was in charge of the ship’s Aegis computer suite known as the Cooperative Engagement Capability (CEC). This system allows the sharing of radar, electronic data, and any other sensor data between all the ships and aircraft in a Strike Group and coordinates this information with the ship’s weapon systems.

Gary Voorhis was first interviewed by Robert Powell on April 6, 2018

Kevin Day - SCU 2004 Nimitz Strike Group Case Interview

Senior Chief Kevin Day is a key witness from the USS Princeton because of his position, rank,
    and experience. He was the Air Intercept Control Supervisor for the Princeton and for the Nimitz Strike Group. He was responsible for the radar operators as well as the use of those radars for air defense. He has very extensive experience with the SPY-1 phase shifting radar used on the ship as he worked on one of the first SPY-1 radar systems on the USS Vincennes. His performance rating in January 2005 from Captain J.L. Smith of the USS Princeton indicated that he “greatly exceeded standards”. The Captain made the comment on the rating document, which is available later in this appendix: “He is my number #1 SCPO [Senior Chief Petty Officer]! A recognized expert in Air Defense, his impact within the Nimitz Strike Group has been phenomenal.” The Senior Chief Day has 18 years of service at sea on Aegis radar systems and his medals included the Meritorious Service Medal and the Navy/Marine Corp Commendation Medal. He was also a Top Gun graduate for Strike-Fighter Tactics. He had seven deployments to the Middle East and has completed hundreds of air intercepts. A copy of these documents is available later in this appendix.
    This extended commentary is noted because it is important to understand the level of competence and the capabilities of Senior Chief Day. In civilian life he has earned a degree in Business Administration and a Master Degree in Education. Kevin Day was first interviewed by Robert Powell on January 15, 2018. He indicated that he had not been interviewed by anyone else prior to that date. Mr. Day indicated that he had made notes of the November 14, 2004 event and was operating with his notes during the interview. Beginning in May of 2018 Mr. Day made several public interviews and became active on a Facebook chat site. Some of his comments are regarding topics to which he did not have first hand knowledge and may have been picked up from things either he read on Facebook sites or heard from others or just changes to memory. It is not the intent of this report to look for every inconsistency in a witness’s testimony but instead to look for consistencies between witnesses and draw a conclusion as to what actually occurred. It is believed the most accurate recounting of the Senior Chief’s experience was his original interview on January 15 with Mr. Powell.

Although not an interview, prior to his January 15th statements Mr. Day did make a posting on an internet forum known as Open Minds in December of 2010.

The details that he provided are very similar to the interview conducted on January 15. There are some statements made that are different such as a statement that the “Tic-Tac” entered the water or that the video was taken on a HUD display rather than a ATFLIR. But as a whole, Mr. Day’s basic story has been consistent and in combination with statements from other witnesses allows the critical portions of this event to be pieced together.

Kevin Day’s experience with this incident did affect him emotionally and his emotions are evident in his voice during the January 15 interview. The fact that this event had such an impact on Mr. Day, and that there are also multiple witnesses, only strengthens the argument that these witnesses experienced an extraordinary event. Nonetheless, the emotional impact on Mr. Day requires us to look for corroborating evidence on the details that he has recounted. This has been done and the critical facts recounted by Mr. Day are supported by other witnesses.

40. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

william r sanford72 (6th April 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1343 of 1402 FirstFirst 1 343 843 1243 1293 1333 1343 1353 1393 1402 LastLast