Thread: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

1. Link to Post #27321
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,359 times in 11,179 posts

Default Re: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

Space Weather Woman Tamitha Skov

Q&A Live Mini Course | As the Sun Screams - Solar Flares & Radio Bursts

Published 9th June 2019

This mini-course is designed so Dr Skov can impart all her knowledge on solar flares & radio bursts to us!

I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

william r sanford72 (10th June 2019)

3. Link to Post #27322
    Thanks

Tilde Cafe

Professor Jessi Cisewski-Kehe | Exostatistics: Searching for Exoplanets with Statistics

Published 9th June 2019

Professor Jessi Cisewski-Kehe wraps up season 11 of Tilde Café with a talk about using statistics to find exoplanets.

I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

5. Link to Post #27323
    Thanks

Rogue Planet TV

Raining UFOs

Published 9th June 2019

On this episode of the UFO podcast UNKNOWN, Jason McClellan, Maureen Elsberry, and Shane Hurd recap the latest episode of History's new UFO show Unidentified.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

mojo (11th June 2019)

7. Link to Post #27324
    Thanks

Open Minds Productions

Luis Elizondo | Former Head of the Pentagon’s UFO Project

Published 9th June 2019

Luis Elizondo is a career intelligence officer whose experience includes working with the U.S. Army, the Department of Defense, the National Counterintelligence Executive, and the Director of National Intelligence. As a former Special Agent In-Charge, Elizondo conducted and supervised highly sensitive espionage and terrorism investigations around the world. As an intelligence Case Officer, he ran clandestine source operations throughout Latin America and the Middle East. Most recently, Elizondo managed the security for certain sensitive portfolios for the US Government as the Director for the National Programs Special Management Staff. For nearly the last decade, Elizondo also ran a sensitive aerospace threat identification program focusing on unidentified aerial technologies. Elizondo’s academic background includes Microbiology, Immunology and Parasitology, with research experience in tropical diseases. Elizondo is also an inventor who holds several patents.

Now, as a part of HISTORY’s groundbreaking new six-part, one-hour limited series “Unidentified: Inside America’s UFO Investigation™,” Elizondo is speaking out for the first time with Tom DeLonge, co-founder and President of To The Stars Academy of Arts & Science and Chris Mellon, former Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense and Intelligence, to expose a series of startling encounters and embark on fascinating new investigations that will urge the public to ask questions and look for answers. From A+E Originals, DeLonge serves as executive producer.

Interview transcript: http://www.openminds.tv/luis-elizond...anscript/42397

8. Link to Post #27325
    Thanks

Scientific Coalition for UAP Studies

AAPC 2019 | Robert Powell & Peter Reali | USS Nimitz Strike Group 2004 Incident

Published 9th June 2019

Presentation Abstract:
    On November 14th of 2004, the U.S. Navy’s Carrier Strike Group Eleven (CSG 11), including the USS Nimitz nuclear aircraft carrier and the USS Princeton missile cruiser, were conducting a training exercise off the coast of southern California when the Navy’s radar systems detected as many as 20 anomalous aerial vehicles (AAV). These AAVs were deemed a safety hazard to an upcoming air exercise and the Captain of the USS Princeton ordered an interception with two F/A-18F Navy jets. This paper examines the publicly available subset of these data: Eyewitness information from the pilots and radar operators; Freedom of Information Act releases of four navy documents; and a Defense Intelligence Agency released video taken by an F/A-18F jet using an AN/ASQ-228 Advanced Targeting Forward Looking Infrared (ATFLIR). The release of all navy records associated with this incident to enable a full, scientific and open investigation is strongly recommended.

The Nimitz Encounter Video Reference.
    http://thenimitzencounters.com/

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

mojo (11th June 2019)

10. Link to Post #27326
    Thanks

Somewhere In The Skies

Contact in the Desert With the Big Foot Collector's Club

Published 9th June 2019

On episode 112 of SOMEWHERE IN THE SKIES, Ryan is joined by actors, Bryce Johnson and Michael McMillian of the Bigfoot Collector's Club podcast. They discuss their personal experiences attending Contact in the Desert, a massive outdoors UFO conference held in the deserts of California every year. We learn about just what goes on at this event, who they saw speak, and a little tease of who they got to interview for an upcoming episode of their podcast. The discussion then switches gears to the UFO subculture and their thoughts on the UFO phenomenon. And of course, no episode is complete without a little talk about Tom DeLonge and To the Stars Academy.

Guest Bios:

MICHAEL MCMILLIAN is best known for his role as the gay American-vampire ‘Steve Newlin’ on HBO”s True Blood. His other credits include recurring roles on Silicon Valley, Hot in Cleveland and the critically acclaimed Crazy Ex-Girlfriend. Michael is an Emmy-nominated host for his work on the Game of Thrones Lincoln Center Premiere for HBO and Facebook Live! Michael is an open-minded guy who grew up fascinated by the paranormal. In his lifetime he has seen one ghost and what was probably an alien.

BRYCE JOHNSON is a film and television actor most notably known for his roles in Willow Creek, Death Valley, and Pretty Little Liars as well as voicing the title role in Marvel’s full length animated film, Dr. Strange. From an eerie childhood encounter with a yellow-eyed demon peering through his window to filming UFO’s, Bryce brings with him his paranormal expertise and enthusiasm as a “true believer”.

Subscribe to the Bigfoot Collector's Club podcast here: https://bigfootcollectorsclub.podbean.com/

11. Link to Post #27327
    Thanks

Paul Stonehill Paranormal Research

Who Attacked Russian Ufologists?

Published 9th June 2019

Domestic cult terrorists vs UFO researchers…from the pages of Russian history of search for “aliens”. Silencing those who dared ask questions.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

mojo (11th June 2019), Valerie Villars (10th June 2019), william r sanford72 (10th June 2019)

13. Link to Post #27328
    Thanks

Thumbs up Re: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

New Thinking Allowed

Debashish Banerji | Understanding the Rig Veda

Recorded 22nd May & Published 10th June 2019

Debashish Banerji, PhD, is Haridas Chaudhuri Professor of Indian Philosophies and Cultures and Chairman of the East West Psychology Department at the California Institute of Integral Studies in San Francisco. He is author of Seven Quartets of Becoming: A Transformative Yoga Psychology Based on the Diaries of Sri Aurobindo and also The Alternative Nation of Abanindranath Tagore, a book about his great grandfather. He edited an anthology about his great uncle, Rabindranath Tagore in the Twenty-First Century. His newest anthology is titled Critical Posthumanism and Planetary Futures.

Here he discusses the cosmology inherent in what is arguably the world's oldest religious scripture, aspects of which are surprisingly modern. He points out that the Vedas share many Indo-European traits. So, the Vedic pantheon is similar to the Greek. He refers to hymns celebrating the use of a mysterious entheogen known as "Soma". He elaborates upon the role of sacrifice in ancient India. He also notes that this ancient scripture can be viewed in a psychological context.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

15. Link to Post #27329
    Thanks

Suspicious Observers | Space News | 10th June 2019 | Solar Health Effects, Volcano, Major Storms

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

17. Link to Post #27330
    Thanks

SOTT Media

May 2019 : Earth Changes Summary

Published 9th June 2019

Winter is coming... In May! The sun has been spotless for 19 consecutive days - almost 3 full weeks, could this be one of the many signals of beginning of a new ice age, mini....or maxi?

May 2019 became yet another portent of what may be to come in the not so distant future for most of the world: sheets of rain, floods, massive hail, plunging temperatures, unseasonalable snow, damaged and failed crops, significant earthquakes, tornados and more volcano eruptions.

Heavy rains and widespread floods hit most of the US Midwest, parts of Europe, Asia and the Middle East.

In the US, the Mississippi river overflowed due to heavy rains, breaking historical records. At least three people died, and tens of thousands have been displaced.

In Europe, Germany and Austria received over 1 month's worth of rain that flooded streets and disrupted travel. While the Middle East saw flash floods leaving dozens dead, houses destroyed and streets wiped out. In China torrential rains turned deadly with over 200,000 affected.

Unseasonable snow also continued in May, with heavy blankets covering the Midwest and western US, with parts of Europe also affected, resulting in delayed planting and damaged crops. Meanwhile in Australia early snow falls dumped snow right across the country.

The Ring of Fire remained active this May with increased volcanic activity and a 6.2 Mag earthquake in El Salvador sparking panic and tsunami warnings. Peru was also rocked by a huge 8.0 Mag earthquake that was felt as far as Brazil, leaving one dead and several injured.

All that, and more, in this month's SOTT Earth Changes Summary...

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

19. Link to Post #27331
    Thanks

CosmoQuest

Daily Space

Streamed & Published 10th June 2019

Dr Pamela Gay with your space & astronomy news for the past day.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

william r sanford72 (11th June 2019)

21. Link to Post #27332
    Thanks

Slooh

Dr. Paige Godfrey | By Jove, It's Opposition Time

Published 10th June 2019

Join astrophysicist Dr. Paige Godfrey on Monday, June 10 beginning at 8 p.m. EDT (00:00UTC) for one of our favorite astronomical events of the year --- the mighty gas giant Jupiter at opposition.

Our host will explain what we are seeing through our telescopes at both the Canary Islands and Chile observatories as we focus on our Solar System’s largest planet throughout the night.

Being in opposition means that Earth will pass between Jupiter and the Sun and we will get one of the closest and longest looks we have of the planet all year as it is visible all night long.

Jupiter won’t be the only focus. The last time Slooh covered this event on April 7, 2017, there were only 67 known moons orbiting Jupiter. Today we know of at least 79, and the Galilean satellites, the four largest moons Io, Europa, Ganymede and Calisto will be part of the show as well. Remember that the enormity and brightness of Jupiter make its moons appear tiny in comparison, but these objects are some of the largest known bodies after the Sun and planets in our Solar System. We will be able to see all four moons as they orbit the planet, with Io (the closest moon) passing behind Jupiter during the second half of the night (known as an occultation).

Jupiter makes one complete rotation on its axis in just under ten hours (a Jovian day), so this makes for a quickly changing backdrop and allows Slooh’s experts to explain many of the Jovian features we will see that night, including the largest storm in the Solar System - the Great Red Spot.

By the end of the night, members will be able to map the entire surface of the planet using the images they capture from the Chile telescopes.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

23. Link to Post #27333
    Thanks

Phys.org

Mass Anomaly Detected Under the Moon's Largest Crater

Published 10th June 2019

A mysterious large mass of material has been discovered beneath the largest crater in our solar system—the Moon's South Pole-Aitken basin—and may contain metal from the asteroid that crashed into the Moon and formed the crater, according to a Baylor University study.

"Imagine taking a pile of metal five times larger than the Big Island of Hawaii and burying it underground. That's roughly how much unexpected mass we detected," said lead author Peter B. James, Ph.D., assistant professor of planetary geophysics in Baylor's College of Arts & Sciences.

Read all about it here: https://phys.org/news/2019-06-mass-a...st-crater.html

Research paper: https://agupubs.onlinelibrary.wiley....9/2019GL082252

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

25. Link to Post #27334
    Thanks

University of Oxford

Site of Biggest Ever Meteorite Collision in the UK Discovered

Published 9th June 2019

Evidence for the ancient, 1.2 billion years old, meteorite strike, was first discovered in 2008 near Ullapool, NW Scotland by scientists from Oxford and Aberdeen Universities. The thickness and extent of the debris deposit they found suggested the impact crater – made by a meteorite estimated at 1km wide – was close to the coast, but its precise location remained a mystery.

Read all about it here: http://www.ox.ac.uk/news/2019-06-10-...-uk-discovered

Journal paper: https://jgs.lyellcollection.org/cont...09/jgs2018-093

Amaze lab report:

Last edited by Star Tsar; 11th June 2019 at 04:22.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

mojo (11th June 2019), william r sanford72 (11th June 2019)

27. Link to Post #27335
    Thanks

Seeker

How Space Triggers Herpes in Astronauts

Published 10th June 2019

The herpes simplex virus can hide deep in your DNA, evading your immune system for years, and sometimes make it to space by hitching onto the backs of astronauts and reactivating on the ISS. What is it about space that causes its comeback?

Did NASA’s Twin Study Results Just Change Spaceflight Forever? - https://youtu.be/qwX04NyofLc

Read More:
    Herpes Virus Reactivation in Astronauts During Spaceflight and Its Application on Earth
    https://www.frontiersin.org/articles...019.00016/full
    "There is increasing evidence to suggest that these spaceflight-associated stressors chronically amplify the release of stress hormones, which negatively affects the immune system, especially the adaptive immune system facilitating latent herpes virus reactivation during and after spaceflight. Increased levels of salivary, plasma and urinary stress hormones such as cortisol and catecholamines commonly accompany spaceflight"

Virus reactivation: a panoramic view in human infections
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3142679/
    "With regard to future therapies, current inhibitors for pathways such as MAPK/NF-κB are unspecific, as they inhibit activity in both host and infected cells. We propose that a strategy for effective antiviral therapies would be to design specifically regulated inhibitors that do not lower signaling below functional physiological levels. By doing so, we can ensure that the activity of such signaling molecules is not reduced below threshold levels in uninfected or tumor cells. "

How herpesvirus invades nervous system
    https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0328091754.htm
    "Northwestern Medicine scientists have identified a component of the herpesvirus that "hijacks" machinery inside human cells, allowing the virus to rapidly and successfully invade the nervous system upon initial exposure."

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

29. Link to Post #27336
    Thanks

Cool Re: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

Breakthrough Watch

Breakthrough Watch & ESO Announce "First Light" Exoplanet Search @ Very Large Telescope

Published 10th June 2019

Breakthrough Watch, the global astronomical program looking for Earth-like planets around nearby stars, and the European Southern Observatory (ESO), Europe’s foremost intergovernmental astronomical organization, announced “first light” on a newly-built planet-finding instrument at ESO’s Very Large Telescope in the Atacama desert, Chile.

The instrument, called NEAR (Near Earths in the AlphaCen Region), is designed to hunt for exoplanets in our neighboring star system, Alpha Centauri, within the “habitable zones” of its two sun-like stars, where water could potentially exist in liquid form. It has been developed over the last three years and was built in collaboration with the University of Uppsala in Sweden, the University of Liège in Belgium, the California Institute of Technology in the US, and Kampf Telescope Optics in Munich, Germany.

Read all about it here: https://breakthroughinitiatives.org/news/24

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

31. Link to Post #27337
    Thanks

The Richard Dolan Show

Ryan Wood | The Majestic Documents

Streamed & Published 10th June 2019

Ufology is currently dealing with a significant leak in the form of the Admiral Wilson notes. However, leaks are nothing new. One of the most sensational (and debated) has concerned the Majestic documents, the sum total of which is more than two inches thick. Ryan Wood, along with his father Dr. Bob Wood, is the leading expert on these documents. Their website, http://majesticdocuments.com, houses all the documents and provides detailed analysis of each one. These documents collectively describe a detailed history of UFO crash retrievals, studies of extraterrestrial biology, and much more.

Related musical interlude

Last edited by Star Tsar; 11th June 2019 at 05:47.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

33. Link to Post #27338
    Thanks

Dr J Radio

Kevin D. Randle | Revisitting Roswell & Modern Day UFOs

Published 10th June 2019

Dr J invites Mr Randle to the show in order for him to give us a verbal tour of UFOlogy from Roswell to more recent happenings such as TTSA.

Kevin's blogspot: http://kevinrandle.blogspot.com/

Last edited by Star Tsar; 11th June 2019 at 05:56.

34. Link to Post #27339
    Thanks

Suspicious Observers | Space News | 11th June 2019 | Coronal Holes, Munich Storm, The Science Divide

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

36. Link to Post #27340
    Thanks

TheHill.com

Who Is Really in Charge of US Space Operations?

Published 11th June 2019

From 1957 to 1961, the United States turned its attention to space. The National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics became the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA). The Army launched our first satellite, Explorer, with its Redstone rocket, and the Navy followed with its Vanguard system, then began developing the Polaris submarine-launched ballistic missiles (SLBMs). The Air Force was building the Thor, Atlas and Titan missiles, initially as intermediate range or intercontinental ballistic missiles (ICBMs) for delivering nuclear warheads. Then, unknown to most of us, the National Reconnaissance Office (NRO) was created to use the best missiles to put intelligence-gathering satellites into space.

As a 7th grade student learning about this, I wondered, who is really in charge of U.S. space operations?

Read all about it here: https://thehill.com/opinion/national...ace-operations
    Last edited by Star Tsar; 11th June 2019 at 16:03.

37. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1367 of 1402 FirstFirst 1 367 867 1267 1317 1357 1367 1377 1402 LastLast