+ Reply to Thread
Page 1450 of 1820 FirstFirst 1 450 950 1350 1400 1440 1450 1460 1500 1550 1820 LastLast
Results 28,981 to 29,000 of 36385

Thread: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

1. Link to Post #28981
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,690 times in 13,806 posts

Default Re: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

Fraser Cain

Betelgeuse Is Still Dimming

Streamed & Published 16th February 2020

Near the end of 2019, astronomers watching the red giant Betelgeuse noted how much the star had dimmed, continuing to steadily fade for months.

It’s a variable star, and it’s known to get dimmer and brighter, but the big surprise is that it’s still continuing to dim, recently passing magnitude 1.56 and still getting dimmer. This is unprecedented in the decades that astronomers have been watching the star.

The world’s biggest telescopes are on the case, and the European Southern Observatory released dramatic new images of Betelguese, resolving features on the star’s surface and surrounding area showing how it’s dramatically changed over the course of 2019.

I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

william r sanford72 (18th February 2020)

3. Link to Post #28982
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

MetaBallStudios

Asteroid Size Comparison

Published 15th February 2020

There are the sizes of some asteroids compared to New York City.

I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bluegreen (20th February 2020), Rosco1 (21st February 2020), william r sanford72 (18th February 2020)

5. Link to Post #28983
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Dr Maggie Lieu

How Do Galaxies Get Their Shape?

Published 16th February 2020

Dr Lieu talks about galaxy shapes and the reasoning behind them.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Anka (17th February 2020), Blacklight43 (16th February 2020), onevoice (21st February 2020), william r sanford72 (18th February 2020)

7. Link to Post #28984
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Seeker

How The Fabric Of Spacetime Was Rocked By The Largest-Ever Neutron Star Merger

Published 17th February 2020

For the second-time ever, LIGO (Laser Interferometer Gravitational-Wave Observatory) detected gravitational waves from a neutron star collision. In fact, these particular gravitational waves were the result of a collision between the most massive neutron star pair ever witnessed.

This isn't LIGO's first encounter with gravitational waves. The observatory is famous for the first-ever detection of gravitational waves back in 2015, from a black hole merger. And then LIGO detected its first-ever gravitational waves from a neutron star merger in 2017, so this new 2019 data is only the second melding of neutron stars that’s ever been observed.

And with this second observation of neutron stars colliding, scientists can get some answers on how these cosmic events affect our universe.

Find out more about why this collision is particularly special; how LIGO documented it; and how knowledge surrounding cosmic events like this can help us better understand how our Earth came to be.

Read More:
    LIGO-Virgo Network Catches Another Neutron Star Collision
    https://www.ligo.caltech.edu/news/ligo20200106
    "On April 25, 2019, the LIGO Livingston Observatory picked up what appeared to be gravitational ripples from a collision of two neutron stars."

Gravitational-Wave Discovery Reveals Spectacular Crash of Neutron Stars, the 2nd Known
    https://www.space.com/neutron-stars-...discovery.html
    "For the second time ever, the Laser Interferometer Gravitational-Wave Observatory (LIGO) has spotted two ultradense stellar remnants known as neutron stars violently crashing together."

What are Gravitational Waves?
    https://www.ligo.caltech.edu/page/what-are-gw
    "Gravitational waves are 'ripples' in space-time caused by some of the most violent and energetic processes in the Universe."

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

william r sanford72 (18th February 2020)

9. Link to Post #28985
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Dr James O'Donoghue

Visual Explanation Of Earth's Seasons

Published 17th February 2020

The length of time we're exposed to Sun each day, combined with the Sun's angle in the sky (high angles = high intensities), lead to the seasons.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

william r sanford72 (21st February 2020)

11. Link to Post #28986
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Suspicious Observers | Space News | 17th & 18th February 2020

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bluegreen (18th February 2020), william r sanford72 (21st February 2020)

13. Link to Post #28987
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Thumbs up Re: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

MegalithomaniaUK

Prof. Robert Temple | The Sirius Mystery Revisited

Professor Robert Temple presents his groundbreaking research on the Dogon people of Africa. Their symbolism has become one of the most mysterious elements in ethnology because it is based on a star that is impossible to see with the naked eye, Sirius B, the dwarf star companion of the bright and well-known Sirius. Robert shows us the extraordinary knowledge of the Dogons, and expounds his theory on its origin. He also reveals symbolic links between the beliefs of the Dogons and those of the ancient civilizations of Greece, Egypt, China and Sumeria.

Filmed at the Origins Conference, at Rudolf Steiner House, London in November 2014.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bluegreen (22nd February 2020), Ivanhoe (20th February 2020), uzn (18th February 2020), william r sanford72 (21st February 2020)

15. Link to Post #28988
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Mark Passio

What On Earth Is Happening | Episode #224 | Will Humanity Become A Type One Civilization?

Mark discusses what it will take for humanity to move to the next level of civilization if we can make it...

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bluegreen (20th February 2020)

17. Link to Post #28989
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

The Richard Dolan Show

Intelligent Disclosure | UAP Crash Retrievals: Public Statements From TTSA Members

Streamed & Published 18th February 2020

The subject of UFOs, or UAPs nowadays, is definitely easier to talk about in public forums, and even appears now on national broadcast television. Much of this is due to the efforts of To the Stars Academy of Arts and Sciences (TTSA), headed by Tom DeLonge and staffed by scientists and intelligence community personnel such as Hal Puthoff, Luis Elizondo, Christopher Mellon, and others. What many people don’t realize is the extent to which members of this organization – and several individuals who have been very close to them over the years – have made a series of provocative public statements attesting to the reality not just of UFO/UAP, but to the recovery of crashed or landed objects by the U.S. military, and apparently by militaries from other nations. When taken together, these statements paint a very consistent picture. The reality of crash retrievals of UFO/UAP has been an open secret for these individuals, and today it’s clearly not even a secret. Richard and Tracey highlight some of the key statements by these individuals and discuss them.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bluegreen (22nd February 2020), Ivanhoe (20th February 2020)

19. Link to Post #28990
    Language
    Romanian
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,568 times in 1,716 posts

Warp Drive and Aliens: Bryan Gaensler Public Lecture
    (1:21:12 hrs.)
    "In his live public lecture at Perimeter Institute on February 5, 2020, astronomer Bryan Gaensler (Dunlap Institute for Astronomy and Astrophysics, University of Toronto) explored the latest thinking on interstellar travel and on the search for alien life – including why he believes the frontiers of current research may be more exciting and visionary than any fictional stories we can imagine.

Perimeter Institute (charitable registration number 88981 4323 RR0001) is the world’s largest independent research hub devoted to theoretical physics, created to foster breakthroughs in the fundamental understanding of our universe, from the smallest particles to the entire cosmos. The Perimeter Institute Public Lecture Series is made possible in part by the support of donors like you. Be part of the equation: https://insidetheperimeter.ca/donate"

and animation shown in presentation above
    Kepler Orrery V
    (1:00 min.)
    "All of the Kepler multi-planet systems (1815 planets/planet candidates in 726 systems) from Kepler's original mission as of the announcement of Kepler's end of life: October 30, 2018. The systems are shown together at the same scale as our own Solar System (dashed lines).

The size of the orbits are all to scale, but the size of the planets are not. For example, Jupiter is actually 11x larger than Earth, but that scale makes Earth-sized planets almost invisible (or Jupiters annoyingly large). The orbits are all synchronized such that Kepler observed a planet transit every time it hits an angle of 0 degrees (the 3 o'clock position on a clock).

Planet colors are based on their approximate equilibrium temperatures, as shown in the legend."
    Last edited by EFO; 20th February 2020 at 07:42. Reason: adding text and video
    "Your planet is forbidden for an open visit - extremely aggressive social environment,despite almost perfect climatic conditions.Almost 4 billion violent deaths for the last 5000 years and about 15000 major military conflicts in the same period."

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to EFO For This Post:

Bluegreen (22nd February 2020), Star Tsar (21st February 2020), william r sanford72 (21st February 2020)

21. Link to Post #28991
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Dr Maggie Lieu

Faster Than Light Travel With Alcubierre Drives

Published 23rd February 2020

Dr Lieu talks about the speed of light, why in principle we can't travel faster than it, and then go on to discuss a theoretical method that could be used to break the speed of light barrier - Alcubierre drives.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

william r sanford72 (24th February 2020)

23. Link to Post #28992
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

NASA Astrobiology

Ask An Astrobiologist : Dr. Hiroyuki Kurokawa

Published 21st February 2020

Once a month, SAGANet (www.saganet.org) and the NASA Astrobiology Program host a program called "Ask an Astrobiologist", where the public is invited to interact with a high-profile astrobiologist, who replies to twitter, facebook, and chat questions live on video.

Each session lasts about an hour. This month it's the turn of Dr. Hiroyuki Kurokawa (Researcher, Earth-Life Science Institute).

Last edited by Star Tsar; 24th February 2020 at 08:07.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

25. Link to Post #28993
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

John Michael Godier's Event Horizon

Dr. Stephen Webb | Do We Really Want To Solve Fermi's Paradox?

Published 20th February 2020

Joining John Michael Godier is Dr. Stephen Webb, astronomer and author of 'If the Universe Is Teeming with Aliens ... WHERE IS EVERYBODY? Seventy Five Solutions to the Fermi Paradox and the Problem of Extraterrestrial Life’.
    To discuss unsettling and spooky solutions to the Fermi Paradox

Stephen Webb's book: https://amzn.to/2T4W2rx

Our Fermi Paradox playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_EX...sI1Krw9lxKoGiV

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

27. Link to Post #28994
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

The Freezone

David Mathisen | Finding Humanity In the Stars

The ancient wisdom points towards the accessibility of divinity "with a god dwelling within the human breast" and the myths demonstrate time after time that the gods work their will through our very own actions & efforts.
    Because of this fact, the gods are always available to us, at any moment.

We see that the gods stand ready to help, and that their help is very real and decisive - but that it is, in effect synergestic with the actions and resolve to the one who calls upon them -we have within us what we already need, including access to the divine realm of the gods, through our own inner connection to the infinite, if we learn to avail ourselfs to it.

In this broadcast Freeman & David explore the connections between the ancient myths of Earth & The stars.

One can listen here: https://freemantv.com/finding-humani...avid-mathisen/

Or here:

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

29. Link to Post #28995
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bluegreen (24th February 2020), william r sanford72 (24th February 2020)

31. Link to Post #28996
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Exclamation Re: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

Geoengineering Watch

Global Alert News | Episode 237

Published 22nd February 2020

The paradigm of perpetual growth on a finite planet with finite resources was never sustainable. Now, a global pandemic has been added to the equation. Biosphere and climate collapse has forced the hand of those in power, the coronavirus known as Corvid-19, is not an act of nature. Crop and fisheries are failing around the globe and further compounding the unfolding scenario. Will the power structure utilize the climate engineering spraying operations to further seed the virus? Where do we go from here?
    Many have convinced themselves that their voice is too small to make a difference for the better, but this is absolutely not true. All are needed in the critical battle to wake populations to what is coming.

Supporting link: https://www.geoengineeringwatch.org/...y-22-2020-237/

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

33. Link to Post #28997
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Volcano Time-Lapse

Eruptions | Klyuchevskoy Volcano, Russia

Recorded & Published 23rd February 2020

Klyuchevskoy produced incandescent avalanches for a period of about three hours before activity stopped almost totally the rest of the night. The angle the ash exited the crater changed over the daytime and it seemed an increase in avalanches at a certain angle presented itself several times in this period during the night.

&

Eruption | Popocatepetl Volcano, Mexico

Recorded & Published 23rd February 2020

The explosion registered at 00:43 CST.

&

Eruption With Lightning | Sakurajima Volcano, Japan

Recorded & Published 22nd February 2020

At 01:14 JST an explosion was registered. The first portion is in real-time. The second and third portions are time-lapsed for time reasons. A complete real-time recording can be made available. This eruption is 99% lightning, very little lava.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

35. Link to Post #28998
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Asteroid Station

Asteroid (2020 DK2)

Published 22nd February 2020

Asteroid (2020 DK2) set for earth close approach to earth this week.

&

Asteroid (2011 ES4)

Asteroid (2011 ES4) Closest Approach Will Be Less Than 1 LD. Not a big asteroid but close enough to get some media attention. But no fear, this asteroid will not hit Earth, it will be 44,000 miles away when it's closest approach occurs.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

37. Link to Post #28999
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Meteoroides.net

Meteor Over Andalusia, Spain

On Feb. 23, at around 0:22 local time, numerous casual eyewitnesses saw a beautiful and bright meteor over the south of Spain. It was generated by a rock from an asteroid that hit the atmosphere at about 43,000 km/h. It began at an altitude of about 70 km over Almería (Andalusia), and ended at a height of around 29 km over the Mediterranean Sea.

The event was recorded in the framework of the SMART project, operated by the Southwestern Europe Meteor Network (SWEMN), from the meteor-observing stations located at Calar Alto (Almería), Sierra Nevada (Granada), La Hita (Toledo), and Sevilla. The event has been analyzed by the principal investigator of the SMART project: Dr. Jose M. Madiedo, from the Institute of Astrophysics of Andalusia (IAA-CSIC).

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

39. Link to Post #29000
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Suspicious Observers | Space News | 24th & 25th February 2020

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bluegreen (25th February 2020), william r sanford72 (25th February 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1450 of 1820 FirstFirst 1 450 950 1350 1400 1440 1450 1460 1500 1550 1820 LastLast