+ Reply to Thread
Page 1447 of 1820 FirstFirst 1 447 947 1347 1397 1437 1447 1457 1497 1547 1820 LastLast
Results 28,921 to 28,940 of 36385

Thread: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

1. Link to Post #28921
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,690 times in 13,806 posts

Default Re: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

Volcano Time-Lapse

Eruption | Klyuchevskoy Volcano, Russia

Recorded & Published 15th January 2020

One can monitor this volcano and others here: http://volcams.malinpebbles.com/pubweb/Kamchatka.htm
    Last edited by Star Tsar; 16th January 2020 at 11:52.
    I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bluegreen (16th January 2020), william r sanford72 (4th February 2020)

3. Link to Post #28922
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Asteroid Station

Asteroid Report | Closest Approach (2020 AZ1) | Largest Asteroids (2010 AE30) | (2009 BH2)

Published 15th January 2020

Asteroid Report for January 15-17 , 2020
    Largest asteroids (2010 AE30) | (2009 BH2)
    The closest approach is (2020 AZ1)

Fastest asteroid (2010 AE30)

(2017 RZ15) 2020-Jan-15 13:57 01:47
    (2020 AZ1) 2020-Jan-16 00:59 00:02
    (2019 YD3) 2020-Jan-16 04:34 00:01
    (2010 AE30) 2020-Jan-17 00:35 00:01
    (2019 YG1) 2020-Jan-17 03:30 00:01
    (2019 YQ3) 2020-Jan-17 18:57 00:03
    (2020 AD1) 2020-Jan-17 21:15 00:01
    (2020 AH1) 2020-Jan-18 12:30 00:06
    (2009 BH2) 2020-Jan-18 14:29 03:02

&

New Potentially Hazardous Object Detected | Asteroid (2020 AN3) Set For Close Approach

Asteroid (2020 AN3) Is Set for Close Approach 2 Days After Detection

I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

william r sanford72 (4th February 2020)

5. Link to Post #28923
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Suspicious Observers | Space News | 16th January 2020 | Mystery Galactic Objects, Gamma Rays, Climate

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

7. Link to Post #28924
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

JHU Applied Physics Laboratory

Sounds Of The Solar Wind From NASA's Parker Solar Probe

There’s a wind that emanates from the Sun. It blows not like a soft whistle but like a hurricane’s scream. Made of electrons, protons and heavier ions, the solar wind courses through the solar system at roughly 1 million mph (1.6 million kph), barreling over everything in its path. Yet through the wind’s roar, NASA’s Parker Solar Probe hears the small chirps, squeaks and rustles that hint at the origin of this mysterious and ever-present wind. The spacecraft’s FIELDS instrument can eavesdrop on the electric and magnetic fluctuations caused by plasma waves. The Parker Solar Probe it can “hear” when the waves and particles interact with one another, recording frequency and amplitude information about these plasma waves that scientists could then play as sound waves. And it results in some striking sounds.

Solar wind sounds playlist: https://soundcloud.com/jhu-apl/sets/...the-solar-wind

Learn more about the Sounds of the Solar Wind: https://www.jhuapl.edu/FeatureStory/200114

More on solar wind sound from the Parker Solar Probe: http://parkersolarprobe.jhuapl.edu/N...?articleID=139

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

9. Link to Post #28925
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Space.com

Moon 'Shrooms? Fungi Eyed To Help Build Lunar Bases & Mars Outposts

Fungus could be very much among us when humanity sets up shop on the moon and beyond.

NASA researchers are investigating the potential of mycelia — the mass of nutrient-absorbing, widely branching underground threads that make up much of a fungus's bulk — to help construct outposts on the moon and Mars.

"Right now, traditional habitat designs for Mars are like a turtle — carrying our homes with us on our backs," project principal investigator Lynn Rothschild, of NASA's Ames Research Center in California, said in a statement.

This is "a reliable plan, but with huge energy costs," she added in a NASA statement. "Instead, we can harness mycelia to grow these habitats ourselves when we get there."

Read all about it here: https://www.space.com/nasa-fungus-mo...echnology.html

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Anka (18th January 2020), william r sanford72 (4th February 2020)

11. Link to Post #28926
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Isaac Arthur

Moon: Industrial Complex

Published 16th January 2020

The Moon is gateway to space, and in the future it might serve as an industrial and mining complex fueling vast production of spaceships, rocket fuel, satellites, space stations, and colonial habitats.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Anka (18th January 2020), william r sanford72 (6th February 2020)

13. Link to Post #28927
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Red face Re: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

Last edited by Star Tsar; 21st January 2020 at 02:55.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bluegreen (21st January 2020)

15. Link to Post #28928
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Question Re: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

John McGowan

A Murder Over Mars?

Published 20th January 2020

This is a video about the mysterious death of the famous astronomer Tycho Brahe who may have been murdered, possibly by his famous assistant Johannes Kepler, the author of Kepler's Laws of Planetary Motion.

Original article: https://wordpress.jmcgowan.com/wp/a-...n-tycho-brahe/

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st January 2020), william r sanford72 (4th February 2020)

17. Link to Post #28929
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

PBS Space Time

Solutions To The Three Body Problem

The three body problem is famous for being impossible to solve. But actually it's been solved many times, and in ingenious ways. Some of those solutions are incredibly useful, and some are incredibly bizarre.

Physics - and arguably all of science changed forever in 1687 when Isaac Newton published his Principia. Within it were equations of motion and gravity that transformed our erratic-seeming cosmos into a perfectly tuned machine of clockwork predictability. Given the current positions and velocities of the bodies of the solar system, Newton’s equations could be used in principle be used to calculate their locations at any distant time, future or past. I say “in principle” because the reality isn’t so simple. Despite the beauty of Newton’s equations, they lead to a simple solution for planetary motion in only one case - when two and only two bodies orbit each other sans any other gravitational influence in the universe. Add just one more body and in most cases all motion becomes fundamentally chaotic - there exists no simple so

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bill Ryan (21st January 2020)

19. Link to Post #28930
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Sky.com

Japan Joins US By Announcing Space Force In Face Of New Threats

Working closely with US President Donald Trump, the unit will protect Japan's interstellar interests, such as satellites and rockets - rather than fighting cinematic-style battles across the galaxy as the name suggests.

Speaking on Monday, Prime Minister Shinzo Abe said he wanted his country to defend itself from cyber threats, or from electromagnetic interference to its satellites.

Read all about it here: https://news.sky.com/story/japan-joi...reats-11913185

20. Link to Post #28931
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Astro Flask

Aurora From Orbit

Auroras as seen from low earth orbit, over the North Pacific Ocean, west of Canada, and southwestern Illinois.

Auroras as seen from low earth orbit, over the east of California, to Quebec near the Gulf of St. Lawrence.

Auroras as seen from low earth orbit, over the South Indian Ocean.

Auroras as seen from low earth orbit, from south-central Ontario to the North Atlantic Ocean, east of Virginia.

21. Link to Post #28932
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Star Tsar (here)
    Thunderbolts Project

Space News | Ray Gallucci: Electric Gravity – A Mathematical Analysis

Published 10th January 2020

The Electric Universe theory proposes that electromagnetism, not gravity, is the predominant organizational force in the cosmos. In the Space Age, countless discoveries, from the networks of filaments connecting objects across vast cosmic distances, to the pervasive magnetism seen at all scales in the Universe, to the structure and motions of galaxies themselves are all more easily explained from an electrical rather than gravity-centric viewpoint. However, this is not to say that the Electric Universe denies gravity’s existence.

For over forty years, the leading proponent of the Electric Universe model, Wal Thornhill, our chief science advisor and physicist, has worked on an explanation for gravity that actually links gravity and electromagnetism. In recent years, retired nuclear engineer Dr. Raymond Gallucci discovered Thornhill’s electrical theory of gravity. Today Dr. Gallucci presents the simple, independent mathematical modeling he has performed to test the theory’s plausibility.

Dr. Gallucci's paper: https://principia-scientific.org/ele...niverse-theory

Space News | Ray Gallucci: Strobe Star Or Neutron Star?

One of the most mysterious astrophysical phenomena ever observed is called a pulsar. First discovered more than half a century ago, a pulsar is a source of regular pulses of radiation. Astronomers believe that the source of the emissions is a massively dense, highly magnetized and rapidly rotating star mostly composed of tightly packed neutrons, called a neutron star. A rapidly spinning neutron star is thought to act very much like a lighthouse, with the light beams becoming visible on Earth with each resolution of the star.

However, plasma cosmology and the Electric Universe theory have suggested that the “neutron star” is a physically implausible object, and that the source of a pulsar’s emissions is electromagnetic oscillations involving a normal star. In this episode, retired nuclear engineer Dr. Raymond Gallucci offers an independent analysis of the mathematical plausibilities of the respective theories.

22. Link to Post #28933
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

SciShow Space

Get Ready For A New Star In The Night Sky!

Published 17th January 2020

Astronomers are predicting that two stars are likely to merge and explode, and it may happen soon... on a cosmic timescale. Plus, scientists break up a meteorite and find the oldest solid matter ever discovered on earth.

23. Link to Post #28934
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Unhappy Re: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

SpaceFlightInsider.com

Spitzer Telescope To Be Decommissioned After Sixteen Years

NASA’s Spitzer Space Telescope, which has studied the universe in infrared light since its launch in August of 2003, will be decommissioned on Thursday, January 30, 2020.

The space-based observatory has been a real trooper and has operated more than 11 years beyond its original planned operational life. The spacecraft follows a heliocentric orbit and has slowly drifted away from Earth since its deployment. This increasing distance requires the instrument’s solar panels be tilted away from the Sun when its antenna is pointed toward Earth to return data.

Read all about it here: https://www.spaceflightinsider.com/m...fter-16-years/

24. Link to Post #28935
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Space.com

Alien Life Is Out There. But Our Theories Are Steering Us Away From It.

If we discovered evidence of alien life, would we even realize it? Life on other planets could be so different from what we're used to that we might not recognize any biological signatures that it produces.

Recent years have seen changes to our theories about what counts as a biosignature and which planets might be habitable, and further turnarounds are inevitable. But the best we can really do is interpret the data we have with our current best theory, not with some future idea we haven't had yet.

This is a big issue for those involved in the search for extraterrestrial life. As Scott Gaudi of Nasa's Advisory Council has said: "One thing I am quite sure of, now having spent more than 20 years in this field of exoplanets … expect the unexpected."

Read all about it here: https://www.space.com/why-no-alien-l...ories-bad.html

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

26. Link to Post #28936
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Fraser Cain

Professor Greg Eghigian | The History Of UFOs

Streamed & Published 21st January 2020

This week Fraser is joined by Professor Greg Eghigian, from Penn State University to talk about the history of UFO sightings and claims of alien contact.

One can read a recent essay by Dr. Eghigian on Smithsonian's Air and Space Magazine: https://www.airspacemag.com/space/year-ufos-180973965/

And learn more about his work here: https://history.la.psu.edu/directory/gae2

27. Link to Post #28937
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Somewhere In The Skies

Astronauts, Cosmonauts & UFOs

Published 21st January 2020

One episode 144 of SOMEWHERE IN THE SKIES, the entire Rogue Planet crew is tackling the often under-reported, but fascinating theories and experiences of astronauts pertaining to the UFO and alien topics. Inspired by recent remarks on aliens from the first ever British astronaut, Helen Sharman, the crew talks about similar remarks by Edgar Mitchell, Gordon Cooper, Story Musgrave, and Scott Kelly. Then they talk about the "Russian Cosmic-Power Couple", Pavel and Marina Popovich and their long careers as astronauts, pilots, and UFO researchers. It's a journey through space to tackle the UFO mystery back here on Earth and beyond!

This discussion originally aired on Unknown: A UFO Podcast through the Rogue Planet network. To learn more, visit: http://www.rogueplanet.tv

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

29. Link to Post #28938
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

It's [Redacted].

Military Files Show Extraterrestrial Base Under Alaska Observed In 1987

Published 18th January 2020

By the late 1980s, the Stargate Project was in full swing. Declassified files show the US government had used remote viewing, the ability to psychically see locations at a distance, for over a decade.

When browsing through CIA archives, we found something that made us do a double take: the apparent discovery of three extraterrestrial bases by an intelligence analyst. The obscure handwritten document, sub-classified “Sun Streak” under purview of the DoD’s Defense Intelligence Agency, describes secret, underground facilities.

One is reported beneath Mount Hayes, Alaska. Despite its status as the highest mountain in the state’s eastern range, Hayes is rarely climbed due to its remoteness and inaccessibility.

It’s also at the epicenter of what locals call the Alaska Triangle…a hot spot for reports of unexplained lights, vanishing hikers and even diminutive beings living in the wilderness.

So, what exactly did the U.S. government discover? And could a subterranean facility have anything to do with strange reports in the area dating back decades?

Project Scannate overview: https://www.cia.gov/library/readingr...00260003-2.pdf

CIA report on remote viewing, 1995: https://www.cia.gov/library/readingr...00180005-5.pdf

Missing person database in Alaska: https://dps.alaska.gov/AST/SAR/MissingPerson

Department of the Interior on magnetic anomalies in Alaska: http://dggs.alaska.gov/webpubs/usgs/b/text/b1271f.pdf

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Anka (21st January 2020), Bill Ryan (21st January 2020), Bluegreen (21st January 2020), onevoice (21st January 2020)

31. Link to Post #28939
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Suspicious Observers | Space News | 21st - 23rd January 2020

Updated to include

Last edited by Star Tsar; 24th January 2020 at 07:01.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

33. Link to Post #28940
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

John Michael Godier's Event Horizon

Dr. Beatriz Villaroel | Are Stars Disappearing?

Published 23rd January 2020

Why are stars vanishing? Dr. Beatriz Villarroel and her team used existing survey data to find examples of exceptional astrophysical transients. As well, looked for physically impossible effects caused by highly advanced technology.

The Vanishing & Appearing Sources during a Century of Observations project: I. USNO objects missing in modern sky surveys and follow-up observations of a "missing star"
    https://arxiv.org/abs/1911.05068

Our Sky now and then – searches for lost stars and impossible effects as probes of advanced extra-terrestrial civilisations
    https://arxiv.org/pdf/1606.08992.pdf

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bluegreen (30th January 2020), william r sanford72 (3rd February 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1447 of 1820 FirstFirst 1 447 947 1347 1397 1437 1447 1457 1497 1547 1820 LastLast