+ Reply to Thread
Page 1209 of 1822 FirstFirst 1 209 709 1109 1159 1199 1209 1219 1259 1309 1709 1822 LastLast
Results 24,161 to 24,180 of 36429

Thread: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

1. Link to Post #24161
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,691 times in 13,806 posts

Default Re: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

The Paracast

Jerome Clark & Curtis Collins

Published 18th February 2018

Gene and guest co-host Curtis Collinspresent long-time UFO researcher and author Jerome Clark, who will discuss an article he wrote for Fortean Times entitled, "Mr. Wilson and the aeronauts of 1897," and whether some of those sightings were genuine events, an elaborate fiction or something else: what Jerry calls an "experience anomaly." He'll also cover the history of the field, and whether anything has been accomplished towards understanding the phenomenon . And why has he once again been drawn into the field after a period of relative inactivity? His books include the multivolume magnum opus, "The UFO Encyclopedia." He's also a songwriter whose music has been recorded or performed by musicians such as Emmylou Harris, Mary Chapin Carpenter, and Tom T. Hall.

I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

justntime2learn (21st February 2018), william r sanford72 (19th February 2018)

3. Link to Post #24162
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Somewhere In The Skies

Episode Fourty Four | Chris Cogswell | MUFON & The Mad Scientist

Ryan is joined by the newly appointed director of Research for the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON), Chris Cogswell. Ryan has been pretty vocal about his thoughts on MUFON in the past, and with news of a new Director of Research, he opened the floor to listeners and beyond the put Chris to the test.

How did Chris get involved with MUFON? What are his credentials? And just exactly what are his plans to completely overhaul the way MUFON handles its research and investigations? His answers were extremely invigorating and refreshing to a MUFON skeptic.

Ryan and Chris also discuss some very ambitious theories on UFOs and how these theories can be applied to the future of UFO research both in and out of MUFON. They then dive deep into Chris's own show, THE MAD SCIENTIST PODCAST.

Guest Bio: Chris Cogswell is a PhD in Chemical Engineering, host of The Mad Scientist Podcast, and the newly appointed Director of Research for MUFON. His research focused on the use of nanomaterials for sustainability improvements to existing systems. He hopes to bring MUFONs methods and ideas into the 21st century, and be critical of the ideas and theories floating around UFOlogy today. You can follow his podcast at http://www.themadscientistpodcast.com.

I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

justntime2learn (21st February 2018), william r sanford72 (19th February 2018)

5. Link to Post #24163
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Connecting Consciousness Show

Q&A With Simon Parkes

Recorded & Published 18th February 2018

Simon answers your selected questions

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

justntime2learn (21st February 2018)

7. Link to Post #24164
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

European Space Agency

Space Debris | Efforts To Clean Up Space

Published 19th February 2018

The European Space Agency (ESA) is part of an international effort to monitor and – ultimately – tackle space debris. This junk – accumulated in orbit since the dawn of the space age sixty years ago – poses an increasing risk to operational spacecraft.

ESA is developing missions to tackle the problem to help prevent a serious collision in space. The Agency is also monitoring possible dangers caused by fragments of redundant spacecraft falling to Earth, such as China’s space station Tiangong-1 – due to enter the atmosphere in the coming months.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (20th February 2018), justntime2learn (21st February 2018), william r sanford72 (19th February 2018)

9. Link to Post #24165
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

John Michael Godier

Trappist 1 Update

An update in John's continuing coverage of the Trappist - 1 planets and their ability to potentially host life.

Papers:

"Cometary impactors on the TRAPPIST-1 planets can destroy all planetary atmospheres and rebuild secondary atmospheres on planets f, g, h" Kral et al, 2018

https://arxiv.org/pdf/1802.05034.pdf

"The nature of the TRAPPIST-1 exoplanets" Grimm et al, 2018

https://arxiv.org/abs/1802.01377

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (20th February 2018), justntime2learn (21st February 2018), william r sanford72 (19th February 2018)

11. Link to Post #24166
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Here's to hoping...

Thunderbolts Project

Space News | Our View Of The Universe Could Change Forever

For the last 85 years, scientists have hypothesized many different types of dark matter, and the search continues in earnest today, with astronomical sums invested in the technological quest to prove dark matter’s existence. Yet rather than finding any confirmation of dark matter, space scientists have been left empty-handed, with only an ever-growing list of unresolved puzzles.

Today, we offer a brief preview of a forthcoming presentation by Dr. Donald E. Scott, which will summarize his soon-to-be-published scientific paper, "Birkeland Currents and Dark Matter."

PDF of Dr. Scott's 2015 paper, "Birkeland Currents: A Force-Free Field-Aligned Model":

http://www.ptep-online.com/2015/PP-41-13.PDF

PDF of Dr. Scott's 2018 paper, "Birkeland Currents and Dark Matter":

http://www.ptep-online.com/2018/PP-53-01.PDF

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

13. Link to Post #24167
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Suspicious Observers News | 19th February 2018 | Sun Causes Earthquakes; NZ Storm Watch

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

15. Link to Post #24168
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Space.com

On This Day In Space | 19th February 1986 : Mir Space Station Launched

On February 19, 1986, the Soviet Union launched the Mir space station. While this wasn't the first space station launched into orbit, it was the first one that had to be assembled piece-by-piece in space. Mir enabled the first long-duration human spaceflight missions. The current record for the longest stay in space was set aboard the Mir space station by cosmonaut Valeri Vladimirovich Polyakov, who spent 437 consecutive days in orbit. The Soviets used Mir to do all kinds of scientific research for 15 years before funding for the program was cut, and Mir fell back to Earth, burning up in the atmosphere along the way.

&

Are Quark Stars Possible?

Your body is made of cells. Zoom into those cells, and you'll find a bunch of molecules, which are composed of atoms. Focus on the nuclei of those atoms, and you'll see the protons and neutrons. Crack one of those open, and out pop the quarks, the teensy-tiny fundamental bits that combine in interesting ways to form the heavier, and more familiar, particles that make up our everyday experience.

Read all about it here: https://www.space.com/39717-are-quar...-possible.html

&

Pluto May Have a Gooey Carbon Layer Beneath Its Crust

An asphalt-like layer may be baking beneath Pluto's crust. Researchers are considering the possibility that the most famous dwarf planet may contain a layer of organic material beneath its surface heated into a thick, tar-like substance. The idea, which remains speculative, could affect scientists' understanding of how Pluto is built.

Read all about it here: https://www.space.com/39718-pluto-co...ike-layer.html
    Last edited by Star Tsar; 19th February 2018 at 18:09.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (20th February 2018), william r sanford72 (20th February 2018)

17. Link to Post #24169
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

WashingtonPost.com

A 6-Year-Old Tells NASA To Make Pluto A Planet Again : ‘You Need To Fix This Problem For Me

Published 17th February 2018

Cara Lucy O'Connor has a concern.

Pluto used to be one of the nine planets in the solar system, and it isn't anymore. That's not right, said the little girl from Ireland. So Cara, with the help of her teacher, wrote a letter to NASA hoping to persuade the space agency to “make Pluto a planet again.”

“I listened to a song and at the end of it the song said “Bring Pluto Back” — and I would really like that to happen,” Cara wrote.

Read all about it here: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.1d00c997e982

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

19. Link to Post #24170
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Phys.org

Will The X3 Ion Thruster Propel Us To Mars?

X3 is a powerful ion thruster that could one day propel humans beyond Earth. The thruster was successfully tested few months ago, and could be selected by NASA as a crucial component of propulsion system for future Mars missions.
    X3 is a Hall-effect thruster—a type of ion thruster in which the propellant (most commonly xenon) is accelerated by electric and magnetic fields. Such thrusters are safer and more fuel efficient than engines used in traditional chemical rockets. However, they currently offer relatively low thrust and acceleration. Therefore, engineers are still working to make them more powerful.

Read all about it here: https://phys.org/news/2018-02-x3-ion...opel-mars.html

&

Astronomers Conduct A Multi-Frequency Study Of The Milky Way-Like Spiral Galaxy NGC 6744

An international team of astronomers has conducted a multi-frequency study of NGC 6744, one of the most Milky Way-like spiral galaxies. The new research, published February 8 in a paper on arXiv.org, identifies radio and X-ray sources in NGC 6744 and estimates its star formation rate.
    Discovered in 1823, NGC 6744 is an intermediate spiral galaxy located some about 30 million light years away in the constellation Pavo. It is thought to be one of the most Milky Way-like spiral galaxies in our immediate vicinity, and is perceived by astronomers as a useful analogue to our own galaxy when it comes to studying objects such as supernova remnants and H II regions—clouds of glowing gas and plasma in which star formation takes place.

Read all about it here: https://phys.org/news/2018-02-astron...ke-spiral.html

&

Earth Holds The Key To Detecting Life Beyond Our Solar System

New research in to how Earth's atmosphere evolved over time could hold the key to detecting life on exoplanets, according to scientists from the University of St Andrews and Cornell University.
    The new study, published in The Astrophysical Journal, details how Earth's atmosphere evolved over time and how this corresponds to the appearance of different forms of life.
    The team, led by Dr. Sarah Rugheimer, astronomer and astrobiologist from the School of Earth and Environmental Sciences at the University, studied different geological epochs from Earth's history, modelling the atmospheres around different stars, bigger and smaller than our Sun. The researchers found that a planet's star type is an important factor in how an exoplanet's atmosphere develops and in how detectable signs of life, aka biosignatures, will be.

Read all about it here: https://phys.org/news/2018-02-earth-key-life-solar.html

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (20th February 2018), Matthew (20th February 2018), william r sanford72 (20th February 2018)

21. Link to Post #24171
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Paul Stonehill Paranormal Research

Mysterious Designer Of The Invisible Aircraft : Secrets Of The Space Time Continuum

During the 1930s, a most unusual project was carried out in the Soviet Union by an Italian genius…And in the 18th century, in the Russian Empire, a most unusual invisibility device was invented by a young scientist. Did the inventors cause disruption of the space-time continuum? Who really were those inventors?

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

23. Link to Post #24172
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Suspicious Observers News | 20th February 2018 | Sun, Volcano, Ocean, Climate, Galaxy Fields

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

william r sanford72 (21st February 2018)

25. Link to Post #24173
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

NASA

Detection Of Methane & Water Vapor In Mars Atmosphere

Published 20th February 2018

Researchers using ground-based observatories have detected increased concentrations of both methane and water vapor in the Martian atmosphere during the northern hemisphere summer.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

27. Link to Post #24174
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

The Planetary Society

PlanetVac : A New Approach To Sampling Planetary Surfaces

Learn more about PlanetVac, a new low-cost, reliable approach to sampling planetary surfaces: https://planet.ly/meetplanetvac

Some of the biggest discoveries we make in planetary science rely on the seemingly simple act of picking up pieces of other worlds. But grabbing samples is not easy, and these kinds of missions are expensive and filled with risk.

The Planetary Society wants to help make things better, so we’ve partnered with the innovative space technology company, Honeybee Robotics, to create a planetary surface sampling device called PlanetVac.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

29. Link to Post #24175
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

European Space Agency

Profiling The Wind

ESA’s Earth Explorer Aeolus satellite will be launched later this year to measure the world’s winds from space. The satellite carries one of the most sophisticated instruments ever to be put into orbit: Aladin, which includes two powerful lasers, a large telescope and very sensitive receivers. The laser generates ultraviolet light that is beamed down into the atmosphere to profile the world’s winds – a completely new approach to measuring the wind from space. These vertical slices through the atmosphere, along with information it gathers on aerosols and clouds, will improve our understanding of atmospheric dynamics and contribute to climate research. As well as advancing science, Aeolus will play an important role in improving weather forecasts. The mission will also complement information about the atmosphere being provided by the Copernicus Sentinel missions.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

31. Link to Post #24176
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Space.com

On This Day In Space | 20th February 1962 : John Glenn Becomes 1st American To Orbit Earth

On February 20, 1962, NASA launched an astronaut into orbit around the Earth for the first time. John Glenn was the third American to launch into space and the third human to orbit Earth. Two Soviet cosmonauts had orbited Earth before him. He blasted off from Cape Canaveral in a Mercury spacecraft named Friendship 7 and circled the Earth three times. The mission lasted close to five hours. After a bumpy reentry, Friendship 7 splashed down in the Atlantic Ocean about 40 miles away from where it was supposed to land. But all is well that ends well, and John Glenn went down in history as an American hero.

&

Mock Mars Mission Suspended Due To Crewmember Accident

A crewmember of the mock Mars mission HI-SEAS (Hawaii Space Exploration Analog and Simulation) VI was admitted to the hospital yesterday morning (Feb. 19) after a minor accident, just a few days after the Hawaii-based simulation began.

Read all about it here: https://www.space.com/39750-mock-mar...-accident.html

&

That's No Moon? Proposed Exomoon Defies Formation Theories

Last summer, scientists announced that they had found what could be the first moon to be spotted outside of the solar system. But new research on the supposed moon's evolution calls its existence into question.

If it does exist, the moon is most likely a large, Neptune-size object orbiting an even larger gas-giant planet. But the unwieldy system strains understanding of how it may have formed, researchers have said.

Read all about it here: https://www.space.com/39700-proposed...-theories.html
    Last edited by Star Tsar; 20th February 2018 at 20:18.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

33. Link to Post #24177
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

EcoWatch.com

The Day A Comet Set The Earth On Fire : Scientists Find Evidence In Ancient Ice Cores

Think of it as the day a comet set the earth on fire. Researchers have evidence of widespread and devastating forest fires around half the world—a blaze to blot out the light of the sun—and all of it at a geological boundary called the Younger Dryas, 13,500 years ago.

The evidence, they say, supports the hypothesis that planet Earth sailed through a cloud of shattered cometary dust and stones, and the atmospheric violence that followed was enough to set light to accumulated forest timber, peat and grasses across the Americas, Europe and western Asia.

Read all about it here: https://www.ecowatch.com/comet-fires...537119703.html

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

35. Link to Post #24178
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Phys.org

James Webb Space Telescope To Reveal Secrets Of The Red Planet

The planet Mars has fascinated scientists for over a century. Today, it is a frigid desert world with a carbon dioxide atmosphere 100 times thinner than Earth's. But evidence suggests that in the early history of our solar system, Mars had an ocean's worth of water. NASA's James Webb Space Telescope will study Mars to learn more about the planet's transition from wet to dry, and what that means about its past and present habitability.

Read all about it here: https://phys.org/news/2018-02-james-...pe-reveal.html

&

Lyman-Alpha Emission Detected Around Quasar J1605-011

Using the Multi Unit Spectroscopic Explorer (MUSE) instrument astronomers have discovered an extended and broad Lyman-alpha emission in the form of a nebula around the quasar J1605-0112. The finding is reported February 9 in a paper published on the arXiv pre-print repository.
    J1605-0112 is a radio-quiet quasar at a redshift of 4.92. Astronomers have classified this object as one of the broad absorption line (BAL) quasars. Although BAL quasars have been studied for over 30 years, researchers are still uncertain why broad absorption lines are observed in such objects

Read all about it here: https://phys.org/news/2018-02-lyman-...ar-j1605-.html

&

Astronomers Reveal Secrets Of Most Distant Supernova Ever Detected

DES16C2nm was first detected in August 2016, and its distance and extreme brightness confirmed in October that year using three of the world's most powerful telescopes – the Very Large Telescope and the Magellan, in Chile, and the Keck Observatory, in Hawaii.
    More than 400 scientists from over 25 institutions worldwide are involved in the DES, a five-year project which began in 2013.

Read all about it here: https://phys.org/news/2018-02-astron...supernova.html

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

justntime2learn (21st February 2018), william r sanford72 (21st February 2018)

37. Link to Post #24179
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

SciShow Space

How Do We Know The Age Of The Universe?

What kinds of tools do astronomers use to calculate the age of the universe, and how can they determine the speed of its expansion?

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

39. Link to Post #24180
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

GBTimes.com

Chinese Year Of The Space Dog : Canine Pioneers Xiao Bao & Shanshan

On July 15, 1966, China launched a small dog named Xiao Bao ('little leopard') on a sounding rocket, following the lead of the Soviet Union and hoping to achieve human spaceflight.

Xiao Bao was travelling on a sub-orbital flight aboard a 10m-tall T-7AS2, adapted from China's indigenously built T-7 sounding rocket developed to carry instruments and experiments beyond most of the shielding of the Earth's atmosphere, and sealed within a biological container.

Read all about it here: https://gbtimes.com/chinese-year-of-...o-and-shanshan

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1209 of 1822 FirstFirst 1 209 709 1109 1159 1199 1209 1219 1259 1309 1709 1822 LastLast