+ Reply to Thread
Page 1357 of 1822 FirstFirst 1 357 857 1257 1307 1347 1357 1367 1407 1457 1822 LastLast
Results 27,121 to 27,140 of 36433

Thread: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

1. Link to Post #27121
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,691 times in 13,806 posts

Default Re: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

Spaced Out Radio

The Stanton Friedman Tribute

Broadcast 14th & Published 15th May 2019

On May 13, 2019, the godfather of Ufology, Stanton Friedman, author, lecturer, researcher, passed away in Toronto, Ontario at the age of 84. Joining us tonight about the impact, Stanton had on UFOs in North America and around the world, are Chris Rutkowski, Steve Bassett, Tom Whitmore, Michael W. Hall, Victor Viggiani and Peter Davenport, as we pay tribute to the top UFO researcher for the last half century.

I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bluegreen (15th May 2019), william r sanford72 (15th May 2019)

3. Link to Post #27122
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

David Icke

UFOs, A One World Religion & One World Army

Published 15th May 2019

David connects the dots between UFOs & The NWO

I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

william r sanford72 (15th May 2019)

5. Link to Post #27123
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Suspicious Observers | Space News | 15th May 2019 | Solar Storm Effects, M7.5 Quake, CME Bombshell

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bluegreen (15th May 2019), william r sanford72 (15th May 2019)

7. Link to Post #27124
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Space Weather Woman Tamitha Skov

Space Weather News | 15th May 2019 | Solar Storm Slam Dance

Published 15th May 2019

The Sun gets crazy busy this week with multiple solar storms that are inbound to earth! We should feel the first of the direct hits sometime May 15 and storing should continue into May 16 and possibly through the 17th before things begin to calm down. All this rukus is due to regions 2740 and 2741 that have been firing non-sotp solar storms ever since before they even came into Earth view. Lucky for aurora photographers, they have already given us G1 and G3 level storms with aurora dipping down as far south as Wyoming and Colorado in the USA. Learn more about these regions, how they are boosting emergency and amateur radio propagation back into the marginal range, and why they could mess with your GPS reception this week!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

william r sanford72 (15th May 2019)

9. Link to Post #27125
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

SETI Institute

Professor David Deamer | Where is the Origin of Life on Earth?

Published 15th May 2019

To answer the iconic question “Are We Alone?”, scientists around the world are also attempting to understand the origin of life. There are many pieces to the puzzle of how life began and many ways to put them together into a big picture. Some of the pieces are firmly established by the laws of chemistry and physics. Others are conjectures about what Earth was like four billion years ago, based on extrapolations of what we know from observing Earth today. However, there are still major gaps in our knowledge and these are necessarily filled in by best guesses.

We invited talented scientists to discuss their different opinions about the origin of life and the site of life’s origin. Most of them will agree that liquid water was necessary, but if we had a time machine and went back in time, would we find life first in a hydrothermal submarine setting in sea water or a fresh water site associated with emerging land masses?

Biologist David Deamer, a Research Professor of Biomolecular Engineering at the University of California, Santa Cruz, and multi-disciplinary scientist Bruce Damer, Associate Researcher in the Department of Biomolecular Engineering at UC Santa Cruz, will describe their most recent work, which infers that hydrothermal pools are the most plausible site for the origin of life. Both biologists have been collaborating since 2016 on a full conception of the Terrestrial Origin of Life Hypothesis.

Lynn Rothschild, Senior Scientist at NASA’s Ames Research Center and Adjunct Professor of Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, and Biochemistry at Brown University, who is an astrobiologist/ synthetic biologist specializing in molecular approaches to evolution, particularly in microbes and the application of synthetic biology to NASA's missions, will provide an evolutionary biologist’s perspective on the subject.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

william r sanford72 (16th May 2019)

11. Link to Post #27126
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Nemesis Maturity

Rare Blue Moon Set to Dazzle Stargazers All Around the Globe this Weekend

Published 15th May 2019

A Blue Moon streaking across the night skies this weekend will dazzle stargazers all around the globe. The full moon will reach full phase on May 18th 2019 at 21 11 Universal Time.

After Saturday’s event, the next seasonal Blue Moon will peak on the afternoon of August 22, 2021.

There are two different definitions of a Blue Moon, both of which refer to a rare Full Moon appearing out of the blue.

The first definition, which also happens to be the more popular tagline, describes a second Full Moon to appear within one calendar month.

The second definition of a Blue Moon describes the third of four Full Moons to appear in one calendar season. If a season has four Full Moons, then the third Full Moon may be called a Blue Moon, according to the old Maine Farmer’s Almanac.

According to the Royal Observatory Greenwich, Blue Moons are a fairly rare occurrence – by both definitions – and appear once every two to three years.

The year 2018 was unusual because it had two Blue Moons to appear only two months apart – an incredibly rare combination.

The next time two Blue Moons appear in one year will be the year 2037.

Read all about it here: https://www.express.co.uk/news/scien...blue-full-moon & https://earthsky.org/tonight/seasona...on-may-18-2019 & https://www.almanac.com/news/astrono...what-blue-moon

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bluegreen (17th May 2019), william r sanford72 (16th May 2019)

13. Link to Post #27127
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Harvard-Smithsonian Center For Astrophysics

Dr. Jonathan McDowell | Footprints On Another World : Apollo Plus 50

Published 16th May 2019

Half a century later, Dr. Jonathan McDowell will look back at humanity's first voyages to another world. In December 1968, the crew of Apollo 8 became the first people to enter the gravitational sphere of the Moon, and seven months later, Armstrong and Aldrin headed for the surface in Apollo 11. Meanwhile, the Soviet Union's moon rocket exploded disastrously as its robot probes competed with NASA astronauts in the race to bring home the first moon rocks. Dr. McDowell will explain how the first landing stood at the tip of an immense effort as engineers from California to Cambridge, MA turned the impossible into history.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

william r sanford72 (18th May 2019)

15. Link to Post #27128
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Scott Manley

Why Rockets Fail | How A Tiny Mistake Destroyed America's First Interplanetary Space Probe

Published 16th May 2019

Many people have heard the story of how a small code error destroyed a rocket - the rocket was an Atlas-Agena B launched in 1962 and carrying Mariner I and the error is commonly reported as a 'missing hyphen'. However it's often misreported and I've always had questions, so I wanted to get to the bottom of the story and find out the real truths:
    It's not a hyphen, it's an Overbar.
    It wasn't a simple fat fingered typo by a programmer.
    It required a hardware failure to expose the bug.
    1950's rocket guidance technology was hella complicated.

The research for this took a long time but some of the important sources which lead me to the conclusion are detailed in Scott's latest post at Patreon.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/26887991

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

17. Link to Post #27129
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

PBS Space Time

The Cosmic Dark Ages

Published 16th May 2019

We live in the stelliferous era. Somewhere between 10 and 1000 billion trillion stars fill the observable universe with light. But there was a time before the first star ignited. A time we call the cosmic dark ages.

In astronomy we study things that are very far away. It’s a powerful challenge because even the brightest objects are almost impossibly faint when you view them from the other side of the universe. But there’s an up side. If the light from some space object took billions of years to get to us then we see that object as it was billions of years ago. In this way we can peer back in time and literally see the past in motion. In fact we’re able to see some of the first stars and galaxies to ever form. But if we look beyond, both in distance and in time, there is … nothing. Darkness. For the hundred million years or so between the formation of the first atom and the formation of the first star there were no light sources in the universe. These were the cosmic dark ages. It’s a period of cosmic history rarely discussed because it’s hellishly difficult to observe. Fortunately scientists are devilishly clever. So what do we know about the time before stars?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

19. Link to Post #27130
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Space.com

'Very Red' Ultima Thule - New Horizons Team Releases First Science Results

Published 16th May 2019

On Jan 1, 2019, NASA's New Horizons spacecraft flew by 2014 MU69, nicknamed Ultima Thule. A little over 4 months later, the New Horizons team released the first science results. Highlights here:

Real all about it here: https://www.space.com/ultima-thule-b...t-science.html

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

21. Link to Post #27131
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Star Tsar (here)
    Space.com

Sixteen Years of Hubble Imagery In 250,000+ Galaxies Mosaic

Published 6th May 2019

The Hubble Legacy Field consists of 16 years of observations that "stretches back through 13.3 billion years of time to just 500 million years after the Big Bang," according to ESA and NASA. -- Epic Hubble Telescope Mosaic Is a Cosmic 'History Book' of Galaxies: https://www.space.com/hubble-telesco...tory-book.html

HubbleESA

Pan across the Hubble Legacy Field

Published 16th May 2019

This explores the detail of the Hubble Legacy Field, a mosaic of the distant Universe that documents 16 years of observations from the NASA/ESA Hubble Space Telescope. This image contains 200,000 galaxies that stretch back through 13.3 billion years of time to just 500 million years after the Big Bang.

This video takes the viewer on a journey into the Hubble Legacy Field, a mosaic of the distant Universe that documents 16 years of observations from the NASA/ESA Hubble Space Telescope. This image contains 200,000 galaxies that stretch back through 13.3 billion years of time to just 500 million years after the Big Bang.

Last edited by Star Tsar; 17th May 2019 at 04:03.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

23. Link to Post #27132
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Deep Astronomy

Telescope Talk | Wil Tirion | Star Atlases & Planispheres

Published 16th May 2019

Star atlases are an essential tool for use in amateur astronomy. Although most people use them in digital or App form, there is still room on our bookshelves for some old-school printed maps. In this hangout, we'll discuss the various forms of star atlases, and talk with Wil Tirion, a long-time stellar cartographer (uranographer) whose maps have been ubiquitous in astronomy.

http://wil-tirion.com/

Last edited by Star Tsar; 17th May 2019 at 04:13.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bluegreen (17th May 2019), william r sanford72 (18th May 2019)

25. Link to Post #27133
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Kavli Institute For Theoretical Physics

Aomawa Shields | The Climates of Other Worlds: Searching for the Next Habitable Planet

Published 16th May 2019

The discovery of numerous relatively close planets orbiting low-mass stars signals a major planetary population that may be the primary environment explored in the search for life beyond the Solar System. Many factors can affect planetary climate and habitability, and their effects must be understood to accurately determine a planet’s habitability potential. While three dimensional global climate models have long been used to predict climate and weather patterns on the Earth, a growing community of researchers has begun to apply these models to extrasolar planets.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

27. Link to Post #27134
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Harvard-Smithsonian Center For Astrophysics

Dr George Ricker | Searching Near & Far : Transits & Transients from TESS

Published 16th May 2019

Successfully launched in April 2018, the Transiting Exoplanet Survey Satellite (TESS) is well on its way to discovering thousands of exoplanets in orbit around the brightest stars in the sky. During its two-year prime survey mission, TESS will monitor more than 200,000 bright stars in the solar neighborhood for temporary drops in brightness caused by planetary transits. This first-ever spaceborne all-sky transit survey will identify planets ranging in size from Earth-sized to gas giants, orbiting a wide variety of host stars, ranging from cool M dwarfs to hot O/B giants.

TESS stars are typically 30–100 times brighter than those surveyed by the Kepler satellite; thus, TESS planets are far easier to characterize with follow-up observations. For the first time it will be possible to study the masses, sizes, densities, orbits, and atmospheres of a large cohort of small planets, including a sample of rocky worlds in the habitable zones of their host stars.

An additional data product from the TESS mission is its full frame images (FFIs) with a cadence of 30 minutes. These FFIs provide precise photometric information for every object within the 2300 square degree instantaneous field of view of the TESS cameras. In total, nearly 100 million objects brighter than magnitude I= +16 will be precisely photometered during the two-year prime mission. As TESS’s limiting magnitude for stacked FFIs extends to fainter than I= +19, we anticipate the discovery of a wealth of galactic and extragalactic transients during the prime mission, as well as numerous asteroids and NEOs.

The initial TESS all-sky survey is well underway, covering 13 observation sectors in the Southern Ecliptic Hemisphere in Year 1, and 13 observation sectors in Year 2. A concurrent deep survey by TESS of regions surrounding the North and South Ecliptic Poles will provide prime exoplanet targets for characterization with the James Webb Space Telescope (JWST), as well as other large ground-based and space-based telescopes coming online in the next two decades.

The status of the TESS mission after the first ten observation sectors will be reviewed. The opportunities enabled by TESS’s unique lunar-resonant orbit for an extended mission lasting more than a decade will also be presented.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

29. Link to Post #27135
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Isaac Arthur

Fleet of Stars

Published 16th May 2019

Interstellar travel is very time consuming, moving from star to star, but perhaps we could use stars themselves as spaceships, and move whole solar systems or even galaxies.
    Today we'll look at how to use Shkadov Thrusters, novas, supernovae, black holes and quasars to move through space, literal starships.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

31. Link to Post #27136
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

UFO Planet

UFO Sightings | 12th -15th May 2019

Published 15th May 2019

The videos and photos contained in this production have been submitted by people from around the world and have not been investigated by qualified investigators as of yet. We encourage responsible comments from responsible individuals.

Sightings in this video:

São Paulo, Brazil
    Minneapolis, MN, USA
    Buena Park, CA, USA
    Hillsboro,TN, USA
    Fielding, New Zealand
    Buga-Valle Colombia

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

33. Link to Post #27137
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Question Re: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

Mick West

Gimbal UFO Video - Solved by New Footage?

Published 14th May 2019

New footage of a small jet taken with a FLIR camera appears to show a similar shape to the "Gimbal" UFO video. Combine this with what we know about rotating glares, "aura", and parallax, and it seems like a very good explanation for the Gimbal video is just a distant jet.

The rotation is caused by the gimbal system in the camera needing a de-rotation step to keep the horizon constant. That's probably why the Navy labeled this video "Gimbal" to explain what it showed

Dave Falch Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JuyQWiD5HU
    Metabunk GIMBAL discussion: https://www.metabunk.org/nyt-gimbal-...-object.t9333/
    Metabunk Glare discussion: https://www.metabunk.org/the-shape-a...lights.t10596/
    Dave Falch discusses his interpretation and comparision to the Gimbal video. https://www.extraordinarybeliefs.com...-flir-analysis

Last edited by Star Tsar; 17th May 2019 at 05:06.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

35. Link to Post #27138
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Jeremy Corbell

Bob Lazar : Analysis of the Gimbal & Tic Tac UFOs

Published 16th May 2019

To quote Jeremy "Have you wondered what Bob Lazar thinks of the new Pentagon released footage of UFOs? Do you wanna hear his thoughts on the footage? The Tic Tac UFO as observed by Cmdr. David Fravor and the Gimbal FLIR footage provide a compelling backdrop to Bob’s account of reverse-engineering an alien propulsion system for the United States military.

It is of note to say that I filmed an in-depth conversation with Bob about the footage... here is a part of that interview where we are talking about it.

One aspect of Bob Lazar’s account that I find particularly interesting, is the way he describes the gravitational propulsion system used in these flying saucers. Many people have compared the footage from the GIMBAL UFO encounter to the descriptions by Lazar. More on this soon, but if you are curious about Lazar’s description of the “Anatomy of a Flying Saucer”, check out my YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/JeremyCorbell) where he details the way the craft maneuver through space/time."

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

37. Link to Post #27139
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Open Minds Productions

Kevin Day | UFOs Observed on Navy Radar Systems

Streamed & Published 15th May 2019

Kevin Day is a retired U.S. Navy Chief Petty Officer who specialized in radar systems. He is a TOPGUN air intercept controller with more than 20 years experience in strike group air defense including war-time operations. In November of 2004, off the coast of San Diego, Kevin was a radar operator on the USS Princeton, part of the USS Nimitz Carrier Strike Group. Over several days unknown objects were observed on radar. On several occasions, aircraft were directed to find the objects. The pilots reported seeing 40 foot-long Tic Tac shaped objects that performed remarkable maneuvers beyond the capability of our aircraft. This incident was made famous in a New York Times article in December 2017 in which it was also revealed the Pentagon had a secretive UFO investigation program. In this episode, we talk to Kevin about what he experienced in 2004.

38. Link to Post #27140
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Spaced Out Radio

Joe Firmage | Space Technology

Broadcast 16th & Published 17th May 2019

Joe Firmage, President of the National Space Council, joins Dave to talk about space technology, the Space Force, UFOs and Disclosure.

39. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

william r sanford72 (19th May 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1357 of 1822 FirstFirst 1 357 857 1257 1307 1347 1357 1367 1407 1457 1822 LastLast