Thread: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

1. Link to Post #28601
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,350 times in 11,956 posts

Default Re: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

European Space Agency

Rosetta's Ongoing Science

Published 13th November 2019

On 12 November 2014 Philae became the first spacecraft to land on a comet as part of the successful Rosetta mission to study comet 67P. Five years later, and after the mission’s official end in 2016, Rosetta is continuing to provide insights into the origins of our Solar System.

Rosetta’s instruments have already discovered that the comet contained oxygen, organic molecules, noble gases and ’heavy’ or deuterated water different to that found on Earth.
    As scientists continue to analyse data from Rosetta’s instruments, including the ionised gas or plasma, the results are improving our understanding of comets. Mission data is also being delivered to an archive as a future resource.

Rosetta orbits the Sun every 6.5 years and will pass the Earth again, visible from ground-based telescopes, in 2021. ESA’s future Comet Interceptor mission will build on Rosetta’s success when it performs a flyby of a comet. But, unlike Rosetta, the comet will be new to our Solar System.

I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

william r sanford72 (14th November 2019)

3. Link to Post #28602
    Thanks

John Michael Godier

Ten Bizarre Deep Space Astronomical Objects

Published 12th November 2019

An exploration of ten bizarre astronomical objects either confirmed to exist by scientists, or are hypothesized to likely exist.

I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

5. Link to Post #28603
    Thanks

Dr Becky Smethurst

Astrophysicist Ask Me Anything

Passing 50,000 subscribers was a HUGE milestone for my channel, one which I am so grateful for. So I wanted to open up the floor to questions from YOU, my subscribers, to answer all your burning astronomy questions. #ama

Weaver & Wood (1979) - https://journals.aps.org/pra/abstrac...hysRevA.20.316
    Sadavoy & Stahler (2017) - https://arxiv.org/abs/1705.00049

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

7. Link to Post #28604
    Thanks

NASA Astrobiology

Ask An Astrobiologist : Dr. Aaron Gronstal

Once a month, SAGANet (www.saganet.org) and the NASA Astrobiology Program host a program called "Ask an Astrobiologist", where the public is invited to interact with a high-profile astrobiologist, who replies to twitter, facebook, and chat questions live on video.

Each session lasts about an hour. This month is Dr. Aaron Gronstal's turn.

Hosted by Dr. Sanjoy Som (Blue Marble Space Institute of Science)
    Featured Guest: Dr. Laurie Barge (NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

9. Link to Post #28605
    Thanks

Podcast UFO

Preston Dennett | Schoolyard UFO Encounters One Hundred True Accounts

Streamed & Published 12th November 2019

UFOlogist Sam Maranto joins us to talk UFOs in Chicago, then guest Preston Dennett discusses his latest book, Schoolyard UFO Encounters, 100 true accounts, from encounters you often hear about, to lessor known, yet still extremely fascinating.

PRESTON DENNETT began investigating UFOs and the paranormal in 1986 when he discovered that his family, friends and co-workers were having dramatic unexplained encounters. Since then, he has interviewed hundreds of witnesses and investigated a wide variety of paranormal phenomena. He is a field investigator for the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON), a ghost hunter, a paranormal researcher, and the author of 24 books and more than 100 articles on UFOs and the paranormal. His articles have appeared in numerous magazines including Fate, Atlantis Rising, MUFON UFO Journal, Nexus, Paranormal Magazine, UFO Magazine, Mysteries Magazine, Ufologist and others. His writing has been translated into several different languages including German, French, Portuguese, Russian, and Icelandic. He has appeared on numerous radio and television programs, including Midnight in the Desert with Art Bell, Coast-to-Coast with George Knapp, Exploring Unexplained Phenomenon with Scott Colborn, and many others. He has appeared on Unsealed, Deep Sea UFOs 1 & 2, UFO Hunters and more. His research has been presented in the LA Times, the LA Daily News, the Dallas Morning News and other newspapers. He has taught classes on various paranormal subjects and lectures across the United States. He currently resides in Reseda, California.
    www.prestondennett.weebly.com
    If you would like to interview Preston, please contact him at:
    Email: prestone@pacbell.net or prestonufo@gmail.com

Last edited by Star Tsar; 21st November 2019 at 16:49.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Valerie Villars (14th November 2019), william r sanford72 (14th November 2019)

11. Link to Post #28606
    Thanks

Cultish.SimpleCast.com

Pastor Colin Samul | Tom Delonge & The UFO Phenomena

In part one we begin to discuss Colin's article ( https://thecultishshow.com/blog/engaging-et ), thinking especially of the religious implications of ET/UFO beliefs. Pastor Samul gives us some of his background and testimony, and explains why he has continued to follow this subject. We discuss the modern obsession with UFOs in relation to everything from the New Age, Mormonism, Transhumanism, and the theory of Evolution. As we will see, the UFO is the apotheosis of modern religious sentiments

We then delve into the background of Tom Delonge in the early formation of his company "To the Stars." We quickly dive into the rabbit hole of clandestine government contacts and our military's interaction with the UFO phenomenon, as related to Tom by his original advisers from within the government. According to them the phenomenon is not only real, but has often appeared threatening to our military establishment. We end with Tom's original advisers breaking off contact with him, as their identities were exposed in the 2016 wikileak dump of DNC emails. This would lead to Tom organizing a second group of government advisers who are now publicly associated with him through the To the Stars Academy of Arts and Science, which we will explore further in episode 2.

One can listen here: https://cultish.simplecast.com/episo...omena-9DPU6MwR

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

13. Link to Post #28607
    Thanks

Rogue Planet TV

The Navy's False UFO Fleets

On this episode of the UFO podcast UNKNOWN, Jason McClellan discusses the Navy's NEMESIS electronic warfare system that provides the ability to project false fleets of UFOs.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

15. Link to Post #28608
    Thanks

Timcast

Navy Sailors Claim Their Evidence Of UFOs Was DESTROYED By "Unkown Officials"

Tim shares his opinion on this convoluted matter.

Last edited by Star Tsar; 14th November 2019 at 08:46.

16. Link to Post #28609
    Thanks

Isaac Arthur

Spaceship Design

Published 14th November 2019

From the most basic rockets to future ships designed for interstellar or even intergalactic flight, spaceship design is all about mission purpose, available technology, and keeping your crew safe and comfortable.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

18. Link to Post #28610
    Thanks

Suspicious Observers | Space News | 14th November 2019 | Coronal Holes, Cosmic Collision, Big Announcement

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Cara (15th November 2019), william r sanford72 (14th November 2019)

20. Link to Post #28611
    Thanks

NASA

Vice President Mike Pence Discusses Lunar Exploration @ NASA’s Ames Research Center

Vice President Mike Pence, along with NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine, visited NASA's Ames Research Center in California’s Silicon Valley on Nov. 14, to discuss the role the center will play in the agency’s plans to return astronauts to the Moon.

21. Link to Post #28612
    Thanks

Question Re: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

NASA Goddard

Why NASA Is Sending Rockets Into Earth’s Leaky Atmosphere?

NASA scientists are seeking a strange breed of northern lights in the Arctic. When these auroras shine, Earth’s atmosphere leaks into space.

In the tiny Arctic town of Ny-Ålesund, where polar bears outnumber people, winter means three months without sunlight.

NASA scientists travelled to Ny-Ålesund to launch rockets through these auroras and witness oxygen particles right in the middle of their escape. Piercing these fleeting auroras, some 300 miles high, would require strategy, patience — and a fair bit of luck. This was NASA’s VISIONS-2 mission, and this is their story.

VISIONS-2 was just the first of many. Over the coming months, rocket teams from all over the world will launch rockets into this region as part of the Grand Challenge Initiative—Cusp, an international collaboration to study the mysteries of the polar atmosphere.

Listen to the full story here: https://soundcloud.com/nasa/a-shot-i...t-rocket-range

Last edited by Star Tsar; 15th November 2019 at 09:41.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Cara (15th November 2019), william r sanford72 (19th November 2019)

23. Link to Post #28613
    Thanks

Question Re: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

Scott Manley

If You Could See Every Satellite, What Would The Sky Look Like?

There are over ten thousand satellites in orbit, but only the largest ones in low earth orbit are visible in the hours just after sunset. What would the sky look like if you could see everything in space? I took satellite data and rendered a view of the night sky for an 'average' viewer in North America.

Satellite data from
    https://www.space-track.org/
    https://celestrak.com
    https://prismnet.com/~mmccants

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

william r sanford72 (19th November 2019)

25. Link to Post #28614
    Thanks

Nemesis Maturity

The Leonid Meteor Shower Will Peak This Weekend

One of the most famous of the annual meteor displays is due to reach its peak this weekend. The Leonid meteor shower.

The Leonids occur when Earth passes through the debris left by the comet 55P/Tempel-Tuttle. The comet takes around 33 years to make one orbit around the Sun.

The best viewing time is after midnight, when the constellation Leo rises above the eastern horizon. The Leonids should be at their best early Sunday, Nov. 17, at 2:00 a.m. local time. Leonids can be viewed at any place on Earth, given the sky is clear.

In 2019, the Leonids are expected to fall most abundantly before dawn November 17, though under the bright light of waning gibbous Moon. Skywatchers should be able to see about 15 to 20
    shooting stars per hour.

This shower has been known to produce meteor storms.
    The Leonids produced meteor storms of hundreds to thousands meteors per hour at the peak each year from 1998 to 2002. An amazing night in 1966, the meteors were falling like a rain.

For best meteor viewing experts suggest going to a location away from city lights, dressing warmly, and lie flat on your back and look straight up. No special viewing equipment needed — just your eyes.

Clear Skies Everyone!

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

27. Link to Post #28615
    Thanks

Anton Petrov

Tiny Meteor Filmed In Japan Was A Piece Of A Killer Asteroid

Anton talks about a discovery that 2017 Kyoto meteor actually came from a massive 2km large rock
    Near Earth Asteroid list: https://cneos.jpl.nasa.gov/ca/
    Study: https://arxiv.org/pdf/1910.06527.pdf

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

29. Link to Post #28616
    Thanks

Dawlish Beach Cams

Meteorite Over Dawlish, Devon, UK

A meteorite is caught on camera over Dawlish, Devon, UK 13th November 2019.

The view from The Blenheim B & B Cam was taken around 7:27pm that night.

Last edited by Star Tsar; 15th November 2019 at 09:33.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

31. Link to Post #28617
    Thanks

John Michael Godier's Event Horizon

Dr. Dejan Stojkovic | Are Wormholes Real?

Wormholes are theoretical structures linking together two points in spacetime. Dr. Dejan Stojkovic and De-Chang Dai paper, Observing a wormhole, theorizes that by observing the motions of stars around a supermassive blackhole it can be determined if a traversable wormhole exists in our universe.

Can we travel through wormholes?

"Observing a wormhole", Dai and Stojkovic, 2019
    https://arxiv.org/abs/1910.00429

Here's How We Could Detect a Wormhole
    https://www.space.com/how-detect-wor...lack-hole.html

Can We Travel Faster Than Light? with Dr. Miguel Alcubierre
    https://youtu.be/JafY92PhgKU

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

33. Link to Post #28618
    Thanks

Harvard-Smithsonian Center For Astrophysics

David Sing | Hubble’s Panchromatic Comparative View Of Exoplanet Atmospheres

To date, Hubble has played the definitive role in the characterization of exoplanet atmospheres. From the first planets available, we have learned that their atmospheres are incredibly diverse. With HST, JWST, and TESS a new era of atmospheric studies is opening up, where wide scale comparative planetology is now possible. Such studies can provide insight into the underlying physical process through comparative studies. Hubble’s full spectroscopic capabilities are now being used to produce the first large-scale, simultaneous UVOIR comparative study of 20 exoplanets ranging from super-Earth to Neptune and Jupiter sizes. With full UV to infrared wavelength coverage, an entire planet’s atmosphere can be probed simultaneously and with sufficient numbers of planets, it will be possible to statistically compare their features with physical parameters. The panchromatic treasury program aims at build a lasting HST legacy, providing the UV and blue-optical exoplanet spectra which will be unavailable to JWST, providing key insights into clouds and mass loss. I will review the highlights of the program to date, which include atmospheric water resolved in emission and new absorption features seen in transmission such as escaping ionized metals. I will also present the latest findings from the ongoing Hubble Treasury program and discuss synergies with JWST.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

35. Link to Post #28619
    Thanks

The Black Vault

Linda Moulton Howe | Metamaterial

On July 25, 2019, an organization called To The Stars Academy of Arts & Science, led by rock star Tom DeLonge, announced they had acquired a “groundbreaking” piece of metamaterial.
    Although the press release never said it was tied to anything extraterrestrial or alien, the implications were there.

However, specific details… were not.

One of those details, is the fact that this unknown piece of metal actually has a history that stretches back at least seventy years.

It’s tied to a story that involves a late 1940’s crashed UFO, a military clean up, an extraterrestrial being with telepathic communication, and of course, a cover-up to ensure it all remained a secret.

That is, until 1996, when the grandson of a military security officer present at the UFO clean-up site — broke his silence and contacted legendary radio talk show host Art Bell, along with my guest today... Emmy award winning investigative journalist, Linda Moulton Howe.

In April and May 1996, the grandson sent two shipments of different metals his deceased grandfather left with a diary and Linda has investigated and owned some of those metal pieces over the past 22 years — including mysterious micron-layered Bismuth and Magnesium-Zinc.
    She has spent countless hours, and thousands of dollars, investigating what it is.

Today, Linda will give us a special one-on-one interview, outlining the origin, history and investigation into a piece that is intriguing curious minds around the globe, and it’s even, caught the attention of the U.S. Army.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th November 2019), Valerie Villars (15th November 2019)

37. Link to Post #28620
    Thanks

University Of Manitoba Archives & Special Collections

Chris Rutkowski | Falcon Lake UFO Lecture

Recorded 7th & Published 14th November 2019

The Falcon Lake UFO Files Talk by renowned Canadian Ufologist, Chris Rutkowski. Also featuring Stan Michalak, son of Stefan Michalak.

Falcon Lake is the site of one of the most famous incidents in Canada. On May 20, 1967, Near Falcon Lake, Manitoba, Stefan Michalak claimed he was burned by one of two flying saucers that he encountered.

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th November 2019), william r sanford72 (19th November 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1431 of 1440 FirstFirst 1 431 931 1331 1381 1421 1431 1440 LastLast