+ Reply to Thread
Page 1386 of 1822 FirstFirst 1 386 886 1286 1336 1376 1386 1396 1436 1486 1822 LastLast
Results 27,701 to 27,720 of 36433

Thread: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

1. Link to Post #27701
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,691 times in 13,806 posts

Default Re: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

TMRO

Space News | Catching Up On Launches & NASA's Artemis Shakeups

Published 25th July 2019

This week we take a few minutes to catch up on launches and tests. We also have some updates on how ISRO is looking to help scope out water for a NASA Project Artemis Lunar landing site as well as shakeups in the NASA Administration ranks themselves. Also want to welcome Manju to Space News!

I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

william r sanford72 (27th July 2019)

3. Link to Post #27702
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Deep Astronomy

Telescope Talk | Kelly Beatty | Observing the Night Sky

Published 26th July 2019

The hobby of amateur astronomy has been a major part of Tony's life, Tony has been observing since Tony was in high school and accompanying him throughout these years on his journey under the night sky has been Sky and Telescope Magazine. This publication has long been on my bookshelves and he is happy that it is still going strong.

Please join Tony as he talks with Kelly Beatty, Senior Editor at Sky and Tel as we talk about this amazing hobby: where it's been and where it is going.

I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bluegreen (26th July 2019), william r sanford72 (29th July 2019)

5. Link to Post #27703
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Dr Becky Smethurst

Night Sky News | July 2019 | We Still Don’t Know the Actual Age of the Universe

Published 24th July 2019

It's Night Sky News time again where we recap everything that's happened in space news this past month and everything to look out for in the sky in the coming month.

Black Supermoon 31st July - 00:39
    Perseids Meteor Shower August - 02:53
    Chandrayaan 2 launch - 05:49
    SpaceX Crew Dragon explosion investigation - 06:19
    NASA’s new mission to Saturn’s moon Titan - 07:17
    Hayabusa 2 samples the interior of an asteroid - 09:13
    First non-repeating fast radio burst origin location found - 10:54
    We still don’t know the right age of the Universe - 13:27
    Bloopers - 20:10

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

7. Link to Post #27704
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

PBS Space Time

Deciphering The Vast Scale Of The Universe

Published 25th July 2019

One of the fundamental questions humanity has always asked is how big is our Universe? For much of human history, people believed that Planet Earth was the very center of the entire universe. And Earth is pretty big. But compared the rest of the universe, we are infinitesimally small.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bluegreen (26th July 2019), william r sanford72 (27th July 2019)

9. Link to Post #27705
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Thunderbolts Project

Discourses On An Alien Sky #43 | The Labyrinth - Window To The Ancient Archetypes

Published 24th July 2019

In this Discourse David Talbott considers the labyrinth in relation to the historic varieties of “localization,” as a universal human experience finds later expression in competing mythic interpretations of the same underlying events.

Previous episodes: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...63Seg6r6C_dtqB

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

11. Link to Post #27706
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Dr J Radio

Nassim Haramein | Unified Field Theory

Published 25th July 2019

Nassim rejoins Dr J for a vid chat on his latest research into Unified Field Theory...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

13. Link to Post #27707
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

NASA Goddard

NASA’s TESS Mission Completes First Year of Survey, Turns to Northern Sky

Published 25th July 2019

NASA’s Transiting Exoplanet Survey Satellite (TESS) has discovered 21 planets outside our solar system and captured data on other interesting events occurring in the southern sky during its first year of science. TESS has now turned its attention to the Northern Hemisphere to complete the most comprehensive planet-hunting expedition ever undertaken.

TESS began hunting for exoplanets (or worlds orbiting distant stars) in the southern sky in July of 2018, while also collecting data on supernovae, black holes and other phenomena in its line of sight. Along with the planets TESS has discovered, the mission has identified over 850 candidate exoplanets that are waiting for confirmation by ground-based telescopes.

“The pace and productivity of TESS in its first year of operations has far exceeded our most optimistic hopes for the mission,” said George Ricker, TESS’s principal investigator at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in Cambridge. “In addition to finding a diverse set of exoplanets, TESS has discovered a treasure trove of astrophysical phenomena, including thousands of violently variable stellar objects.”

Read all about it here: https://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddard...o-northern-sky

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

15. Link to Post #27708
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Sagan Exoplanet Summer Workshop

Dr. Aomawa Shields - The Climates Of Other Worlds

Published 25th July 2019

Dr. Aomawa Shields presenting at the 2019 Sagan Workshop: Astrobiology for Astronomers. The title of her talk is The Climates of Other Worlds: Exoplanet Climatology as a Pathway to Accurate Assesments of Planetary Habitability.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

17. Link to Post #27709
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

John Michael Godier's Event Horizon

Dr. Robert Zubrin | Will We Colonize Our Solar System?

Published 26th July 2019

How will we live on mars?
    Can we go back to the moon?

With Elon Musk pushing forward new plans for SpaceX including the Starship, the BFR, and reusable rockets in an effort to lower launch costs. As well as Jeff Bezos space company Blue Origin near term plans like New Glenn and the Blue Moon lander, as well as their long term plans for space habitats using O’Neill cylinders. The conversation of just how we will go back to the moon and who will live on mars? Is starting to happen in earnest. What is Blue Origin? How will it help us get back to the moon. What are space’s mars colonization plans, does Elon Musk want to build a city on mars? Will Elon Musk live on mars?

John Michael Godlier spoke with Dr. Robert Zubrin about that and the beginnings of our space program, from the Apollo moon missions to NASA’s new Artemis moon gateway programs and more.

The Case for Space: How the Revolution in Spaceflight Opens Up a Future of Limitless Possibility By Robert Zubrin: https://amzn.to/2Issyjh

The Mars Society:
    https://www.marssociety.org/

Dr. Zubrin's Twitter: https://twitter.com/robert_zubrin

SpaceX Mars: https://www.spacex.com/mars

Blue Origin: https://www.blueorigin.com/our-mission

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

william r sanford72 (29th July 2019)

19. Link to Post #27710
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Suspicious Observers | Space News | 25th & 26th July 2019

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bluegreen (26th July 2019), william r sanford72 (29th July 2019)

21. Link to Post #27711
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

John Michael Godier

Ten Unusual Aspects of Planet Jupiter

Published 28th July 2019

An exploration Of ten of the most unusual aspects of the planet Jupiter.

NASA's Jupiter Radio Observing site:

https://radiojove.gsfc.nasa.gov/

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

23. Link to Post #27712
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Lunartic

What is Lunar Gardening?

Published 28th July 2019

Here’s a short video about a delightful little term I came across called Lunar Gardening.

Additional Reading

For more info on the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter (LRO) data, read about it here: https://www.nasa.gov/press-release/g...unar-cratering

Paper on the experiment for growing plants on the moon:
    https://journals.plos.org/plosone/ar...l.pone.0103138

Radiation on the Moon
    https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...32063312002085

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

25. Link to Post #27713
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Seeker

How A Record-Breaking Solar Storm Sparked A Vietnam War Mystery

Published 28th July 2019

Declassified Vietnam War files are showing researchers the unpredictable nature of the Sun and helping them work toward predicting the next big solar storm.

Traveling at the near-speed of light, energetic particles shooting out from the Sun can zip through space, smack into our planet’s atmosphere, and cause incredible disruptions. And one of the biggest impacts we know of happened during the tail end of the Vietnam War.

On this episode of Focal Point, we hear from Delores Knipp, a space weather scientist and former officer in the U.S. Air Force who uncovered a war mystery that is now connected to a major solar event. And Howard Singer, the chief scientist at the NOAA Space Weather Prediction Center.

In 1972, a solar flare, or solar storm, traveled at about 2,800 kilometers per second, which was seven times faster than the norm, and it carried tremendous magnetic field, and mass with it. A dozen sea mines exploded and everyone chalked it up to Vietnam warfare, but it was actually the solar flares. The bits of Sun slammed into the Earth’s magnetosphere within 15 hours and triggered the sea mines.

So how much do we know about solar flares and what's the chance another event could happen again? Learn more on this episode of Focal Point.

Read More:
    A 1972 solar storm triggered a Vietnam War mystery
    https://www.colorado.edu/today/2018/...am-war-mystery
    “On Aug. 4, 1972, U.S. military pilots flying south of Haiphong harbor in North Vietnam saw something unexpected. More than two dozen sea mines suddenly—and without apparent explanation—exploding in the water.”

Understanding the Magnetic Sun
    https://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddard...e-magnetic-sun
    “The sun's magnetic field is responsible for everything from the solar explosions that cause space weather on Earth – such as auroras – to the interplanetary magnetic field and radiation through which our spacecraft journeying around the solar system must travel.”

Space Weather Frequently Asked Questions
    https://www.swpc.noaa.gov/content/sp...sked-questions
    “Space weather is noticed mostly by its effects on Earth. After a great solar flare in 1859, telegraph operators discovered that currents from the intense aurora borealis was flowing through their systems, causing their telegraph keys to melt and stick in position.”

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Constance (29th July 2019), Valerie Villars (29th July 2019), william r sanford72 (29th July 2019)

27. Link to Post #27714
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

TMRO

Roundtable | Looking Back @ 2019 Thus Far & Boy Have We Done a Lot!

Published 27th July 2019

Jade and Jared have a phenomenal look back at the first half of 2019. I know, I know, you're thinking this is our version of a clip show -- But rest assured both Jared and Jade are in rare form and bring you a very informative and passionate look at just some of what has happened this year. I think you'll be surprised just how much we have accomplished already!

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bluegreen (29th July 2019), william r sanford72 (29th July 2019)

29. Link to Post #27715
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Exclamation Re: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

Geoengineering Watch

Global Alert News | Episode 207

Broadcast & Published 27th July 2019

Ponzi scheme financial markets continue to be propped up by central banks that manufacture money from thin air. At the same time research funds are being slashed from key science circles that report from the front-lines of biosphere collapse. Those who truly control the levers of global power are doing everything they can to feed a sense of normalcy bias in the populations until the last possible moment. Will unfolding global events and the efforts of ever more dedicated activists be enough to wake the masses in time?
    With all that is occurring in the world, it can be tempting to turn away. But now more than ever we must keep our stride in the all important effort to awaken populations. If we can achieve a critical mass of public awareness before those in power are ready for that to happen, we can still make a difference. Share credible data from a credible source, make your voice heard, make every day count.

Supporting Link: https://www.geoengineeringwatch.org/...y-27-2019-207/

¤=[Post Update]=¤

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

31. Link to Post #27716
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Suspicious Observers | Space News | 27th, 28th & 29th July 2019

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bluegreen (29th July 2019), william r sanford72 (29th July 2019)

33. Link to Post #27717
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

CosmoQuest

Daily Space

Streamed & Published 29th July 2019

Dr Pamela Gay with your space & astronomy news for the past day.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

william r sanford72 (30th July 2019)

35. Link to Post #27718
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Nemesis Maturity

A Rare 'Black Supermoon' Is Rising On July 31st

Published 29th July 2019

A Rare 'Black Supermoon' Is Rising On July 31st.
    This “Black Supermoon” is exclusive to the Americas since the New Moon actually occurs on August 1 in most of the rest of the world.

The Black Moon refers to the second New Moon within a month. The New Moon on July 31st is also called a Black Supermoon
    because it will be near its closest point to Earth.

Related musical interlude

Last edited by Star Tsar; 30th July 2019 at 08:07.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

37. Link to Post #27719
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

ScienceMag.org

NASA’s TESS Mission Finds Three Nearby ‘Oven-Hot’ Exoplanets

Published 29th July 2019

Three newly discovered exoplanets could help researchers redefine the shaky line between rocky and gaseous planets, according to new observations from NASA’s Transiting Exoplanet Survey Satellite (TESS). TESS, which marks its first year of operations this month, spotted the trio of planets some 73 light-years away from Earth. The exoplanets are of a type that does not exist in our solar system, being between the Earth and Neptune in size.

That makes the closely packed system, known as TOI-270, a good bet for answering long-standing questions about how such “super-Earths” or “mini-Neptunes” form. The system is within range of ground-based telescopes and soon-to-be-launched orbiting instruments such as NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope (JWST). “This will be one of the key systems for JWST to study,” says Michaël Gillon of the University of Liège in Belgium, who is following up on the TESS discovery.

Read all about it here: https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2019...arth-formation

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

39. Link to Post #27720
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

ScientificAmerican.com

Advanced Extraterrestrials As An Approximation To God

Published 26th July 2019 By Dr Avi Loeb

Our first encounter with E.T. technology could be as baffling to us as a smartphone would have been to a Neandertal say Dr Avi Loeb.

Read all about it here: https://blogs.scientificamerican.com...mation-to-god/

40. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1386 of 1822 FirstFirst 1 386 886 1286 1336 1376 1386 1396 1436 1486 1822 LastLast