+ Reply to Thread
Page 1440 of 1822 FirstFirst 1 440 940 1340 1390 1430 1440 1450 1490 1540 1822 LastLast
Results 28,781 to 28,800 of 36431

Thread: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

1. Link to Post #28781
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,691 times in 13,806 posts

Default Re: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

Astrum

What Has NASA's Osiris-Rex Discovered Around The Asteroid Bennu?

Published 5th December 2019

NASA's OSIRIS-REx has now been orbiting the asteroid Bennu for a year already, but what has it discovered so far?

I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

william r sanford72 (13th December 2019)

3. Link to Post #28782
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Asteroid Station

Asteroid (2019 XN)

Published 4th December 2019

Warning Asteroid (2019 XN) Newly Detected Object Will Flyby Earth December 6, 2019. This asteroid is going toward Earth at 21,000 miles per hour. This Asteroid will not hit Earth but check out its orbit.

I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Alecs (10th December 2019), Franny (7th December 2019), william r sanford72 (13th December 2019)

5. Link to Post #28783
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Star Tsar (here)
    Prehistory Decoded

The Younger Dryas Debate | Part One

Published 19th October 2019

Surveys the research literature surrounding the Younger Dryas debate. Part 1 discusses papers from 2007 to 2009.

The Younger Dryas Debate | Part Two

Published 31st October 2019

Part 2 of the series covers developments in the research in 2010, including the nanodiamond layer found in the Greenland ice sheet

The Younger Dryas Debate | Part Three

Published 16th November 2019

Part 3 of the series covers a review of the Younger Dryas impact research into 2011.

The Younger Dryas Debate | Part Four

Part 4 of the series covers a review of the Younger Dryas impact research into 2012.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th December 2019), Franny (7th December 2019), william r sanford72 (13th December 2019)

7. Link to Post #28784
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

American Meteor Society

Event #6169-2019 | Texas, USA | 5th December 2019 @ 11:34 UT

Published 5th December 2017

Supporting Link: https://fireball.imo.net/members/imo...vent/2019/6169

Cool reflection off a lake!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bluegreen (6th December 2019), Franny (7th December 2019), william r sanford72 (13th December 2019)

9. Link to Post #28785
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Question Re: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

John Michael Godier's Event Horizon

Dr. David Grinspoon | Will Human Civilization End?

How Long Will Human Civilization Last?
    When did the Anthropocene start?
    Looking for life on Europa and Pluto, do ice shell worlds have a better chance for life than terrestrial worlds?
    Dr. David Grinspoon is an Astrobiologist, author, and Senior Scientist at the Planetary Science Institute. His research focuses on climate evolution on Earth-like exoplanets and potential conditions for life elsewhere in the universe.
    And he is here to answer the question: will human civilization end?

Relevant links:
    David Grinspoon's books and links
    Earth in human hands: https://amzn.to/2OFyfxp
    Venus Revealed: https://amzn.to/2ODtlAK
    Chasing New Horizons inside the epic first mission to Pluto: https://amzn.to/2PUZk0G
    David's twitter: https://twitter.com/DrFunkySpoon

Last edited by Star Tsar; 6th December 2019 at 10:40.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bill Ryan (28th December 2019), Franny (7th December 2019), Valerie Villars (10th December 2019), william r sanford72 (13th December 2019)

11. Link to Post #28786
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Suspicious Observers | Space News | 6th December 2019 | Landslides, Cascadia-San Andreas, Sun Mystery

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bluegreen (6th December 2019), Franny (7th December 2019), william r sanford72 (13th December 2019)

13. Link to Post #28787
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

FreeThink.com

The Construction Robots Building Space Colonies

Published 7th December 2019

Sending construction robots into outer space will help pave the way for human exploration, but there are some real challenges that lie ahead.

Gleaming in white, at 6’2 and 300 lbs, NASA’s humanoid robot Valkyrie looks like a cross between Iron Man and a stormtrooper. Yet despite her striking resemblance to fictional characters, she has a very real, if ambitious, purpose: help humans explore and construct habitats in space.

For humankind to ever live on worlds besides Earth, experts say that sending construction robots, like Val, ahead of human settlers will be a crucial first step. To that end, over the past several years, space agencies and a handful of start-up companies have begun developing technology for unmanned space construction, making important technological (and literal) strides forward.

Read all about it here: https://www.freethink.com/articles/construction-robots

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Valerie Villars (10th December 2019), william r sanford72 (13th December 2019)

15. Link to Post #28788
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Hillsdale College

Steven Kwast | The Urgent Need For A U.S. Space Force

Hillsdale in D.C. was honored to host Lieutenant General Steven L. Kwast for his lecture, “The Urgent Need for a U.S. Space Force.” Lt. Gen. Kwast is the commander of the Air Education and Training Command at the San Antonio-Randolph Base in Texas and has a master’s degree in public policy from Harvard’s Kennedy School of Government.

“The power of space will change world power forever,” Kwast told the audience assembled at the Allan P. Kirby Jr. Center for Constitutional Studies and Citizenship on November 20th. “As a historian, reflecting on the fact that throughout the history of mankind… technology has always changed world power,” he said.

In his talk Kwast laid out an ambitious vision for innovation in space. He described space as a new frontier for energy, manufacturing, information technology, and transportation. Kwast pointed to World War I as an instance where ignoring a new technology led to catastrophe. “But the story of rejecting new and holding and clinging to the paradigms of the past is why no civilization has ever lasted forever, and values are trumped by other values when another civilization figures out a way of finding a competitive advantage,” Kwast explained.

“The nature of power, you either have it and your values rule or you do not have it and you must submit. We see that play out again and again in history and it's playing out now,” Kwast said referring to China’s current plan to dominate space innovation by 2049.

Kwast believes that a Space Force is crucial to ensuring that America does not get behind in the competition for development in space. He argued that the energy market, the transportation economy, information technology, and new manufacturing will be dominated by the country that takes advantage of what he calls a “new marketplace.”

He also argued that whenever there is a new marketplace there needs to be a guardian force to bring order and predictability to that marketplace or there will be violence and theft. He pointed out that China is already building such a guardian force- the equivalent of a navy fleet for space. If the U.S. allows China to take on this role then China will also be the one setting the rules.

Kwast argues that if the U.S. is in the driver’s seat the market will reflect the values of our Constitution and individual rights, but if China sets the rules the market will look more like subordination and the subversion of human dignity and liberty.

Kwast’s call for a Space Force is an urgent one. He points at 5G as an example of China stealing American ideas and technology, duplicating them and then dominating the market. He does not want the same thing to happen with the new opportunities in the space industry. This, he argues, is why we need a Space Force and soon.

He argues that if China becomes dominant in space they will put roadblocks in place for the countries that come after them. Whoever gets there first will have the ultimate strategic high ground, he argues. “They are building that infrastructure. They are unapologetic about it, and they plan on declaring victory as the dominant world power in space at the 100-year anniversary, 2049,” Kwast stated.

“Why do we need a space force?” Kwast asked. “Because it's an economic competition for the values of the future,” he finished.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

onawah (16th December 2019)

17. Link to Post #28789
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Seeker

This Quantum Lab Makes Exotic States Of Matter In Space

Published 8th December 2019

Atomic physicists at NASA are working to create an exotic state of matter...in space. And it turns out, the International Space Station is the perfect home base for these experiments.

NASA’s new quantum lab is studying a bizarre and rare form of matter called Bose-Einstein condensates… and it’s doing it in space! We went inside the NASA control room that’s running these experiments to talk to the scientists behind this quest to probe the universe's biggest mysteries.

The Cold Atom Laboratory (CAL) is a multi-user facility that is operating aboard the ISS producing Bose-Einstein condensates, which are clouds of ultra-cooled atoms, to perform quantum physics experiments in microgravity.

The space lab (designed and built at NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory) operates when the astronauts aboard the ISS are asleep and is engineered to trap gas atoms, cooling them to temperatures just barely above absolute zero. It is here, in this level of cold, that the Bose-Einstein condensates come into existence.

Find out more about the Cold Atom Lab; why microgravity is so important when it comes to creating the coldest things; and how this ultracool state of matter comes to fruition in space on this episode of Focal Point.

The Coldest Spot in the Universe
    https://coldatomlab.jpl.nasa.gov/
    “The quest for ever colder temperatures has been a major theme of physics for over a century, leading to such breakthroughs such as the discovery of superfluidity and superconductivity, and more recently to the development of laser cooling techniques and the observation of dilute atomic-gas Bose-Einstein Condensates (BEC) and super-fluid Fermi gases.”

NASA’s Cold Atom Lab (CAL): system development and ground test status
    https://www.nature.com/articles/s41526-018-0049-9
    “This unique facility will enable novel ultracold atom research to be remotely performed by an international group of principle investigators with broad applications in fundamental physics and inertial sensing.”

NASA Is Launching a Box of Lasers to Make the Coldest Spot In the Universe
    https://www.space.com/40631-nasa-col...laser-box.html
    “The Cold Atom Laboratory (CAL) is a physics research facility the size of an ice chest, designed and built by NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) in California, that will chill clouds of atoms with lasers and magnets aboard the space station to this ultracold temperature — close to absolute zero, or the lowest temperature possible.”

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

19. Link to Post #28790
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Geoengineering Watch

Global Alert News | Episode 226

The weather makers continue to push the climate system ever further into uncharted territory. How bad do conditions have to get before academia and official agencies acknowledge what is going on in our skies? More US troops are being sent to the Middle East. Is the US military about to be unleashed on yet another sovereign nation? Will the ongoing manufactured political circus continue to completely distract populations from the darkening horizon?
    Our once brilliant blue skies are now all too often completely tainted by the climate engineering operations. Our once thriving planet is dying. Can our collective efforts still make a difference at this late hour? We cannot know unless we fully face the gathering storm and do our absolute best to turn the tide.

Supporting link: https://www.geoengineeringwatch.org/...er-7-2019-226/

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bluegreen (10th December 2019), william r sanford72 (13th December 2019)

21. Link to Post #28791
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Anton Petrov

We Found An Alien Place On Earth Where No Life Can Exist

Anton talks about a recent discovery coming out of Ethiopean Dallol volcanic area that suggests certain ponds are too extreme for any life.

Paper: https://www.nature.com/articles/s41559-019-1005-0

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bluegreen (10th December 2019), william r sanford72 (13th December 2019)

23. Link to Post #28792
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

VolcanoYT

Eruption | Sakurajima Volcano, Japan

Recorded & Published 8th December 2019

At 18:49 JST an explosion was registered.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

25. Link to Post #28793
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Suspicious Observers | Space News | 7th & 8th December 2019

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Alecs (10th December 2019), Bluegreen (10th December 2019), william r sanford72 (13th December 2019)

27. Link to Post #28794
    England Avalon Member Did You See Them's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,877 times in 1,034 posts

"Chile military plane with 38 onboard goes missing on way to Antarctica"

Chile's air force said it lost radio contact with a transport plane carrying 38 people on a flight Monday evening to the country's base in Antarctica.

It said the military had declared an alert and activated search and rescue teams.

The C-130 Hercules carried 17 crew members and 21 passengers, including three civilians. The personnel were to check on a floating fuel supply line and other equipment at the Chilean base.

President Sebastián Pińera said via Twitter that he was with his defense and interior ministers at the air force headquarters monitoring developments.

https://www.indiatoday.in/world/stor...896-2019-12-10

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Did You See Them For This Post:

Bluegreen (10th December 2019), Star Tsar (11th December 2019), Valerie Villars (10th December 2019), wegge (10th December 2019), william r sanford72 (13th December 2019)

29. Link to Post #28795
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Thanks DYST! Here is a LMH report on this matter...

EarthFiles

Chilean Military Plane Disappeared December 10th En Route To Antarctica

Published 10th December 2019

Linda with a special report on The Chilean military missing aeroplane

Read all about it here: https://www.earthfiles.com/2019/12/1...to-antarctica/

30. Link to Post #28796
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

The Black Vault

Tim McMillan | The Nimitz Encounters

It has become one of the most intriguing encounters of modern day UFO research.

On November 14, 2004, about 100 miles off the coast of San Diego, California, the USS Nimitz Carrier Strike Group was conducting a training exercise.

Multiple U.S. Navy pilots, along with numerous Navy personnel onboard the USS Princeton, witnessed the event. And to this day – it all remains unexplained.

In 2007, a video of one of the unidentified objects was leaked onto the internet. Originally captured with an infrared camera on-board one of the F/A-18 Super Hornets involved in the incident, The Black Vault made international headlines when it was able to get the U.S. Navy to finally admit – they have no idea what that object is. They consider it something they call – unidentified aerial phenomena or a UAP.

My guest today, is retired police Lt. Tim McMillan. He works tirelessly as an investigative journalist, having written for Popular Mechanics, Vice News, The Drive’s WarZone, and others. He has dug deep into the 2004 Nimitz Encounters by speaking directly with nearly every witness that has come forward; and having just completed a popular news piece that garnered worldwide attention, he is here to share his findings about the case.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

onawah (16th December 2019)

32. Link to Post #28797
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Podcast UFO

Shane Ryan | The 1966 Westall Flying Saucer Incident

Streamed & Published 10th December 2019

Guest Shane Ryan joins us from Canberra, Australia to discuss the 1966 Westall Flying Saucer Incident, a schoolyard encounter. Shane has made a serious study of other school-based UFO sightings around the world.

SHANE RYAN is a teacher, writer, researcher and federal public servant in Australia. He has worked at Charles Sturt University, the University of Canberra, and the Australian National University, all in Canberra. Shane has worked as an information officer and researcher at the Embassy of Japan in Canberra, and he has also taught in schools in Japan and Australia. Shane completed a Diploma of Japanese Studies at Nanzan University, Nagoya, Japan; a Bachelor of Theology at Sydney College of Divinity, Sydney; a Master of Arts at Australian Catholic University, Canberra; and a Graduate Certificate in Teaching English as a Second Language and Foreign Language Teaching at the University of Canberra.

He was working as a barristers’ clerk in Melbourne when he first heard about the incredible 1966 Westall Flying Saucer Incident in that city, for which he has now become the lead researcher. Shane was the principal researcher and narrator for the documentary on the Westall Incident, Westall ’66: A Suburban UFO Mystery, which was first broadcast on the Australian Sci Fi Channel in 2010. Shane has since made a serious study of other school-based UFO sightings around the world, such as the 1967 Crestview Elementary School Incident in Opa-Locka, Florida, USA, and other Australian sightings, from the 1960s era. Shane was instrumental in convincing local government authorities to establish Australia’s – and possibly the world’s – first UFO park and playground based on real events, at Westall in 2013, as a way of commemorating the events there.

Shane appeared in both seasons of Discovery Channel Canada’s Close Encounters series, in the National Geographic UK TV Channel’s Invasion Earth series, Australia’s Network Ten’s Studio Ten program’s anniversary special on Westall, and on Japan’s Fuji TV Network’s What’s This? – Mysteries from Around the World program. He was also interviewed for James Fox’s upcoming feature documentary film The Phenomenon. There are also several TV and film producers currently planning projects to bring the Westall story to a wider audience.

Shane lives in Canberra with his wife and two sons and works in the Education and Visitor Services team at Australian Parliament House.

33. Link to Post #28798
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

The What If? Podcast

What If You Got Burned By A UFO?

In 1967, Stephen Michalak stuck his head inside a UFO while looking for rocks in Manitoba. The What If? Podcast explore the Falcon Lake incident...

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

35. Link to Post #28799
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

It's [Redacted].

'Huge Metallic Disk' Recovered in Himalayas in 1968, Declassified Files Show

Published 6th December 2019

Rarely seen declassified files show U.S. officials worked with the Nepalese government to analyze a "huge metallic disc" found at the base of the Himalayas. There's a bigger story here that involves the Air Force and Defense Intelligence Agency, and for some reason, it has never been covered in its entirety by the media (like, ever).

The DIA’s Moon Dust files contain countless reports of objects found in India, New Zealand and Africa. Many of these are unofficially referred to as “space balls,” and appear to be debris from rocket launches. A hydrazine tank, for example, is very similar to the objects found.

But the discovery in Nepal was different.

A review of the several-hundred pages of files shows this may have been the only disc-shaped object wrapped up in the Moon Dust project. Which begs the question: where did it come from? And why hasn’t this case seen more public exposure?

Let’s start with a timeline. Public documents from the CIA, DIA and Air Force — when put together — help us put events in order.

CIA document: https://www.cia.gov/library/readingr...00070007-8.pdf

Embassy/DIA communications (marked pg. 62-64): https://www.dia.mil/Portals/27/Docum...-03-141324-473

Moon Dust photo log and USAF memo (marked pg. 82, 83 and 84): https://www.dia.mil/Portals/27/Docum...-03-141324-473

March 1968 NORAD microfilm: https://www.archives.gov/files/decla...068-doc212.pdf

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

onawah (17th December 2019), william r sanford72 (13th December 2019)

37. Link to Post #28800
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

The Freezone

Paul Wallis | Aliens Are My Brother

Published 9th November 2019

In an interview entitled "Aliens Are My Brother", granted to L'Osservatore Romano, the Vatican newspaper, Father Gabriel Funes, director of the Vatican Observatory, stated: "In my opinion this possibility (of life on other planets) exists"; "intelligent beings, created by God may exist in outer space" and "some aliens could even be free from original sin" concluding "there could be (other beings) who remained in full friendship with their creator". Jesuit Brother Guy Consolmagno, another astronomer working at the Vatican Observatory, told the BBC, in relation to the search for Earth-like worlds about to be embarked upon by the Kepler Space telescope, that "we Jesuits are actively involved in the search for Earth-like planets.

The idea that there could be other intelligent creatures made by God in a relationship with God is not contrary to traditional Judeo-Christian thought. The Bible has many references to, or descriptions of, non-human intelligent beings; after all, that's what angels are. Our cousins on other planets may even have their own salvation story – including other examples of the incarnation of the second person of the Trinity. We are open to whatever the Universe has for us."

Paul Anthony Wallis is a researcher, speaker and author whose books probe the world's mythologies for their insight into human origins and human potential. He is a healing practitioner and has worked as a theological educator and as an Archdeacon for the Anglican Church in Australia. Paul is married with three children and a cat. His new book “ESCAPING FROM EDEN – does Genesis teach that the human race was created by God or engineered by ET’s?” is published by Axis Mundi Books and is available for pre-order right now!

https://paulanthonywallis.com/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOx...Pq63_ww/videos

One can listen here: https://freemantv.com/aliens-are-my-...r-paul-wallis/

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bill Ryan (28th December 2019), Bluegreen (11th December 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1440 of 1822 FirstFirst 1 440 940 1340 1390 1430 1440 1450 1490 1540 1822 LastLast