+ Reply to Thread
Page 430 of 1823 FirstFirst 1 330 380 420 430 440 480 530 930 1430 1823 LastLast
Results 8,581 to 8,600 of 36446

Thread: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

1. Link to Post #8581
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 93,628 times in 20,439 posts

Question Re: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

hmm ...

Object above Martian Landscape ?

mars.nasa.gov

Published on Feb 11, 2014

2. Link to Post #8582
    United States Avalon Member Calz's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,379 times in 10,490 posts

Default Re: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

Now this is interesting ...

FARMERS ABANDONING GMO SEEDS… NOW WAIT FOR IT: A NEW GOVERNMENT “POLICY” WILL BE PUSHED

Posted on February 11, 2014 by Joseph P. Farrell

While we’re on the subject of GMOs once again, there has been another quiet story unfolding, one that you obviously won’t see on Faux News, SeeB.S., SeeNoNews(CNN), and the media network shills for mercantilist America: farmers, it seems, are abandoning GMOs in growing numbers, and the reason is rather interesting:

Farmers Abandoning GMO Seeds and the Reason Will Surprise You
    http://www.cornucopia.org/2014/01/fa...will-surprise/

In case you missed it: here’s the core of the reason, or rather, core reasons(Note the plural):

Quote “A growing number of farmers are abandoning genetically modified seeds, but it’s not because they are ideologically opposed to the industry.

“Simply put, they say non-GMO crops are more productive and profitable.

“Modern Farmer magazine discovered that there is a movement among farmers abandoning genetically modified organisms (GMO) because of simple economics.

“’We get the same or better yields, and we save money up front,’ crop consultant and farmer Aaron Bloom said of non-GMO seeds. Bloom has been experimenting with non-GMO seeds for five years and he has discovered that non-GMO is more profitable.

“The re-converts to non-GMO seeds are not hippies but conservative Midwestern farmers who are making a business decision, Modern Farmer discovered. They are switching back to natural seed because it is more profitable — not because of any ideology.”

“Five years ago the [GMO seeds] worked,” said farmer Christ Huegerich, who along with his father planted GMO seeds. “I didn’t have corn rootworm because of the Bt gene, and I used less pesticide. Now, the worms are adjusting, and the weeds are resistant. Mother Nature adapts.”
    Now there are a number of hit-the-palm-on-the-forehead-and-exclaim-”Doh!”-Homer-Simpson moments here.

Homer Simpson moment number one: Nature appears to adapt faster than agribusiness corporations can adapt their GMOs, and hence

(Homer Simpson moment number two) while in the short run GMOs appear to increase profits and productivity, in the long run productivity declines, expenses rise as farmers have to purchase additional pest controls in addition to the already-more-costly GMOs, and hence

(Homer Simpson moment number three) production and profitability decline and hence

(Homer Simpson moment number four) it’s more profitable and productive to plant the non-GMO seeds over the long run.

Or to put it corn-and-country simple:

Quote “The Modern Farmer article, called The Post GMO-Economy, makes an excellent case for farmers dumping GMO. Some of the interesting facts the magazine uncovered include:

•“The cost of growing one acre of non-GMO corn was $680.95, the cost of growing an acre of GMO corn was $761.80 according to Aaron Bloom. That means it costs $80.85 more an acre to raise GMO corn.

•“GMO seeds can cost up to $150 a bag more than regular seeds.

•“The market for non-GMO foods has grown from $1.3 billion in 2011 to $3.1 billion in 2013, partially because some Asian and European countries don’t want GMO seeds.

•“Grain dealer Clarkson Grain pays farmers an extra $2 a bushel for non-GMO soybeans and an additional $1 a bushel for non-GMO corn.

•“The market for non-GMO seed is growing. Sales at Spectrum Seed Solutions, which sells non-GMO seed, have doubled every year for the last four years. Sales at another company that markets non-GMO seeds, eMerge Genetics of West Des Moines, Iowa, have increased by 30 percent a year for five years.

•“Spectrum Seed Solutions president Scott Odle thinks that non-GMO corn could be 20 percent of the market in five years.”

What this means, if you’ve been following the GMO story, is something significant. In our book Transhumanism: A Grimoire of Alchemical Agendas, my co-author Dr Scott D deHart and I reviewed the research of GMO followers such as F. William Engdahl, whose work Seeds of Destruction is a must-have for anyone interested in the issue. Therem Engdahl highlighted the corporate use of a scarcely disguised mercantilist “policy” or “principle” they were calling “substantial equvalence,” a principle based on the “if it looks like corn and tastes like corn it’s corn” and therefore “we don’t need extensive scientific testing of its long-term health effects.” Thus, the agribusiness giants attempted (successfully as it turns out) to short circuit scientific concerns and to bring their products quickly to market. In the meantime, of course, substantial equivalence flew right out the window when it came to protecting licensing and usage fees for the same products under patent law.

But if Modern Farmer magazine is correct, then the products are not substantially equivalent on the two crucial points of profitability and producivity for the local farmer.

This is probably not the sort of news those shareholders of Mon(ster)santo were hoping to hear.

We can predict the sort of mercantilist response already: agribusiness will lobby for “stricter regulation” of farm products, and that will be code for more regulation imposed on non-GMO products while “substantial equivalence” will continue to be the order of the day for goobernment agencies. Such calls will, of course, be tucked into “farm subsidy bills” (want a subsidy? plant GMOs! don’t ask questions!) and the pockets of corrupt politicians in the large agriculture states will be lined with agribusiness money, and of course, for the recalcitrant, middle-of-the night phone calls and threatened blackmail. (And if you think I’m joking, read Engdahl’s book!)

And that’s the lie of course, of modern corporate America, for it isn’t about markets, it’s about mercantilism and corporate protection from the markets, for the farmers mentioned in the Modern Farmer article have already made the appropriate market-based decision.

See you on the flip side.

http://gizadeathstar.com/2014/02/far...y-will-pushed/
    Last edited by Calz; 12th February 2014 at 07:34.

3. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Calz For This Post:

dianna (13th February 2014), fourty-two (12th February 2014), giovonni (12th February 2014), halffull (12th February 2014), Referee (12th February 2014), RichD (12th February 2014), Shikasta (12th February 2014)

4. Link to Post #8583
    Great Britain Avalon Member RichD's Avatar
    Thanks

Hi Gio,
    Feels like a fake to me. I'm guessing NASA would immediately sensor if anything of interest was spotted! Apart from the 'thing' (tin can, crisp packet, et snack bar etc.)that appeared there the other week. Looks like a well placed orb. We self sensor ourselves so well that it's almost impossible to determine truth from fiction.
    If I could RV , I'd check it out for you ;-)
    Cheers
    Listening to the cosmic giggle

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RichD For This Post:

Calz (12th February 2014), giovonni (12th February 2014), halffull (12th February 2014)

6. Link to Post #8584
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,968 times in 7,673 posts

From SolarWatcher/TheBarcaroller...

M3.7 Solar Flare & Prominence Eruption Feb 12, 2014

Planetary Alignment/Earthquake Watch March 2-4, 2014

"When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

Calz (12th February 2014), eaglespirit (12th February 2014), giovonni (12th February 2014), halffull (12th February 2014), Star Tsar (12th February 2014)

8. Link to Post #8585
    Thanks

Another interesting article from Transients.info... Many things are occurring right now like intense weather patterns and Courtney Brown's coming announcement. All I know for sure that shift is already hitting the fan!

Is the Global Coastal Event connected to Cloud G2?
    By Laron

Below is a comment I submitted over on an article that Paul LaViolette posted recently on his website http://etheric.com, with some modifications. I decided that I would throw this out there to all of you to read as well. The main difference is that I have added some links to my references. (This is comment quality writing)

Artist impression of the accretion of gas cloud G2 onto Sgr A*. Credit: ESO

While the consciousness changes can be seen going on in many different ways right now, from riots and protests around the world to the very unstable global economic situation, the breaking down of Government secrets which are being revealed more and more, and a whole lot of others things, we are seeing great earth and weather changes as well.

But from my own research, I have come to the conclusion that something much larger and populace impacting must happen for the changes which are necessary to occur within this current cycle we have reached and are transitioning through.

Through all his work, Paul LaViolette has brought to the table a very well researched and analysed look at how energies from space impact our lives here on Earth, on multiple levels and his arguments are very convincing when looking at the evidence he has produced around his theories.

In relation to Cloud G2 reaching the galactic center and possibly having a star and companion which could tidal strip into the black hole there and produce a stellar explosion and from that, a resulting shock wave of gravity and energies towards Earth around the month of April this year… I was thinking about something I have noticed lately.

I was very closely following Clif High’s webbot IDIR predictions for the first half of 2013 and because of how closely I was following them and reporting on them through my blog, I have certain events that were predicted stuck in my mind.

A lot of what was predicted back then within the weekly Immediacy Data Intelligence Reports came true within the time frame that Clif High forecasted, which was within the days and weeks following each report that come out of all the data the software collects, from trawling the internet.

But there were a number of predictions which just never happened, including some specific events surrounding the ‘Global Coastal Event’. What I directly refer to is that those of us who were following the Global Coastal Event situation back then, expected a global event to occur around the 20th of May, 2013. While certain things did occur, such as the deepest earthquake ever recorded which was felt very far away from eastern Russia, the epicentre, and which also impacted the magma in the Earth on a global scale as was recently reported on by Scientists, there was no sudden global series of quakes and tsunamis as was forecasted by Clif High.

But, I want to be clear, in my opinion, over 50% of what Clif High reported to occur within the Global Coastal Event has actually occurred. You can find a detailed summary of the language that came up in relation to this forecast here, http://www.transients.info/2013/01/g...ary-as-of.html

Those IDIR predictions which were missing are now being fulfilled right now, within these couple of months as we head into 2014. I am going to list a few of them below which I have noticed, but what I am getting at here is that if these events are now occurring, then the remaining language which was predicted within the webbot language relating to the Global Coastal Event, may also possibly start to occur. What would be the trigger for them?

Cloud G2 is something to seriously look at because of the timing of all of this. As roughly a year later we have these webbot IDIR predictions starting to be fulfilled and I expect more of them will be as we head into the next few months.

Paul has proven that in Earth’s past, stellar explosions have occurred within a time frame where major (what seems to be) natural disasters and changes on Earth have occurred, as well as changes in society on a massive scale.

The list of webbot IDIR predicts coming true lately,

-the polar vortex/ record breaking winter conditions were predicted to occur back then in US/Europe. While the polar vortex did collapse officially, which I reported on back then, it is truly matching the language that was predicted back then, right now

-the stories and situations around the extreme winter conditions, as created by the polar vortex situation, these conditions were specifically forecasted within the IDIR reports last year (europe and the US specifically) The recent story of people being stranded in their cars overnight on the freeways in georgia and alabama sounds very similar to a prediction last year.

-the flu epidemic is getting much worse with the particular strain H7N9 that has caused a number of deaths in multiple countries now. its much worse than the flu season in early 2013 for the northern hemisphere

-shortage of food supplies from farms, such as that beef shortage situation. I saw an article today that 8.7 million pounds of beef was recalled in the US (that wouldn’t help with the shortage)

-the four bankers that committed suicide within a week as reported in the news, that is spot on for a prediction made last year by clif. however, these are likely to be assassinations going by the info that came up in the webbot data

-the economic situation in the news lately, such as with china holding cash transfers… and dumping US bonds, things seem to be getting much worse. Banks limiting withdrawals on ATM’s and recently in the news HSBC stopping people from withdrawing money from their savings because they require a form filled in explaining what the money is going to be used for. an interesting article here about a harvard economist pulling all his money from the bank of america. another one here with russia halting cash withdrawals

-the military situation with china and japan in the south china seas... the coming conflict that looks to become more than just words with china threatening to attack islands this year

-some of you may have heard that forty members of congress are planning to leave their seats in congress this year. where are they going? what do they know? situations like this were predicted within the IDI reports before a global event occurred
    -there are drug shortages showing up in the media right now, this was prediction from back then

-clif mentioned that the powers that be would be loosing control at some point, or being in a situation where they thought they were, here is one article from zen gardner talking about that
    Last edited by Wind; 12th February 2014 at 08:34.
    "When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

9. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

Calz (12th February 2014), giovonni (12th February 2014), greybeard (12th February 2014), halffull (12th February 2014), Jean-Marie (12th February 2014), Referee (12th February 2014), Shikasta (13th February 2014), Star Tsar (12th February 2014)

10. Link to Post #8586
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by RichD (here)
    Hi Gio,
    Feels like a fake to me. I'm guessing NASA would immediately sensor if anything of interest was spotted! Apart from the 'thing' (tin can, crisp packet, et snack bar etc.)that appeared there the other week. Looks like a well placed orb. We self sensor ourselves so well that it's almost impossible to determine truth from fiction.
    If I could RV , I'd check it out for you ;-)
    Cheers
    Thanks RichD ...

That's the thing ... NASA has been missing (not brushing out) a lot lately due to the overwhelming amount of photo data its Rover is collecting ... And perhaps they just don't care anymore ... Though it could be something more secretive (in and of itself) ... An Orb drone ...

If NASA can deploy them here on Earth ... Then why not Mars ...

As far as being fake is concerned ... Everything NASA = FAKE ...

update

hmm ...

Last edited by giovonni; 12th February 2014 at 10:27.

11. Link to Post #8587
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Lightbulb Re: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

Excellent information Calz ... the MonSatin jig is up !

Thanks Wind for sharing ... Obviously something huge cosmically different is ... Happening ...

12. Link to Post #8588
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Thumbs up Re: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

From my friend fossileyesed ... in the North Country ...

A YOUNG MOOSE

13. Link to Post #8589
    Thanks

Earthquake in China, hopefully no casualties...

Also from Dutchsinse...

2/11/2014 -- GLOBAL COOLING is advancing -- New study says warming on "hiatus"

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

Calz (12th February 2014), giovonni (12th February 2014), halffull (12th February 2014), RichD (12th February 2014), ViralSpiral (12th February 2014)

15. Link to Post #8590
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Smile Re: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

can also be used as a tree house ...

16. Link to Post #8591
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Smile Re: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

From Sochi ...

Everything is Hunky-Dory !

17. Link to Post #8592
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

home of the greys ...

UFO Skimming Along Mountain Above ?

"2 UFO captures in 1 day 1 mountain range - 4:29pm 02-11-2014 Hualapai Mountain elevation 8000+ feet filmed a crafte skimming along the mountain. This Mountain range is home of the 1953 Kingman usfo crashes www.kingmanufocrashes.com I filmed it now you decide what it is it might be a plane it might not all I can tell you is that flight aware and flight radar 24 showed no aircraft in this vicinity at time in question, it is always the first thing I check for when filming something like this. Remember elevation of Mountain is 8000ft I am approx 8-10 miles away" ...

18. Link to Post #8593
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

From Red Ice Radio

Jon King - Hour 1 - The Conspiracy Behind the Assassination of Princess Diana

Listen here

19. Link to Post #8594
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

S0 News February 12, 2014: China Quake, Climate Discourse

20. Link to Post #8595
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,892 times in 1,408 posts

Ive seen this movie discussed somewhere on this forum recently and with good reason! Very much down this forum's alley, lol! Equipped with surveillance technology, new 'bred' children, and the ole US against THEM polarity alien story....with an interesting twist at the end.

Interesting this 'new breed' hero has compassion and a different way of looking at conflict...

We X Billions want to change the world and it appears we are......
    PARADISE IS POSSIBLE EVERYWHERE 4 EVERYONE

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CD7 For This Post:

dianna (13th February 2014), eaglespirit (12th February 2014), giovonni (12th February 2014), halffull (12th February 2014)

22. Link to Post #8596
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,892 times in 1,408 posts

Quote Posted by giovonni (here)
    can also be used as a tree house ...

FINALLY! Its a very well defined pic of a UFO---Thanks Gio The focus is in! hehehe
    We X Billions want to change the world and it appears we are......
    PARADISE IS POSSIBLE EVERYWHERE 4 EVERYONE

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CD7 For This Post:

dianna (13th February 2014), eaglespirit (12th February 2014), giovonni (12th February 2014), halffull (12th February 2014), RichD (12th February 2014)

24. Link to Post #8597
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Across the pond ... up the Thames ... Without a paddle ...

A helicopter journey along the flood-hit river ...
    Aerial footage shows the extent of flooding along the River Thames, as 1,700 homes are thought to have been affected.

Published on Feb 12, 2014

Related ...

UK FLOODS ?

25. Link to Post #8598
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

the latest C2C ~ 11 February 2014

Strange Occurrences/ Elongated Skulls

program descriptive here

26. Link to Post #8599
    United States Avalon Member loc333's Avatar
    Thanks

tsunami watch for brazil ...last sunday..what the hell.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to loc333 For This Post:

giovonni (13th February 2014)

28. Link to Post #8600
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,613 times in 2,179 posts

Quote Posted by giovonni (here)
    hmm ...

Object above Martian Landscape ?

mars.nasa.gov

meh......

Swamp gas?

.... be gentle with your anger. Sixto Rodriguez, Cape Town 20.02.2013

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ViralSpiral For This Post:

genevieve (13th February 2014), giovonni (13th February 2014), Star Tsar (12th February 2014)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 430 of 1823 FirstFirst 1 330 380 420 430 440 480 530 930 1430 1823 LastLast