Thread: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

1. Link to Post #26921
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,751 times in 10,025 posts

Default Re: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

HubbleESA

Hubblecast 119 : Hubble’s 29th anniversary

Published 17th April 2019

On 18 April 2019 Hubble is celebrating its 29th year in space. For this anniversary NASA and ESA dedicated a small amount of its precious observation time to take a look at the beautiful Southern Crab Nebula. This beautiful nebula is created by the ejected material of a red giant, which is in close interaction with a white dwarf star.

This animation takes the viewer on a journey to explore how the Southern Crab Nebula came to form its iconic shape.

This video takes the viewer on a journey into the 29th anniversary image NASA/ESA Hubble Space Telescope, the Southern Crab Nebula. This peculiar nebula, which exhibits nested hourglass-shaped structures, has been created by the interaction between a pair of stars at its centre. The unequal pair consists of a red giant and a white dwarf. The red giant is shedding its outer layers in the last phase of its life before it too lives out its final years as a white dwarf.

I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

2. Link to Post #26922
    Thanks

Thumbs up Re: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

Nemesis Maturity

Scientists Say We Have Over 100 Planets In Our Solar System & Pluto Should Be A Planet Again

Johns Hopkins University scientist Kirby Runyon and his colleagues have proposed new criteria for classifying a planet that would not only label Pluto a planet again, but would label 100 other objects in the solar system as planets, too.

Read all about it here: https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0317131205.htm

&

Lyrid Meteors Put On Celestial Fireworks Show

Published 18th April 2019

The annual Lyrid meteor shower is active each year from about April 16 to 25. In 2019, the peak of this shower – which tends to come in a burst and usually lasts for less than a day – is expected to fall on the morning of April 23.

No matter where you are on Earth, the greatest number of meteors tend to fall during the few hours before dawn.

Read all about it here: https://earthsky.org/astronomy-essen...-meteor-shower

Last edited by Star Tsar; Today at 14:41.
    I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

3. Link to Post #26923
    Thanks

NASA Ames Research Center

The Universe’s First Type Of Molecule Is Found @ Last

Scientists on the airborne observatory SOFIA detected the first type of molecule that ever formed in the universe. They found the combination of helium and hydrogen, called helium hydride, in a planetary nebula near the constellation Cygnus. This discovery confirms a key part of our basic understanding of the early universe and how it evolved over billions of years into the complex chemistry of today.

4. Link to Post #26924
    Thanks

CosmoQuest

Daily Space

Streamed & Published 17th April 2019

Annie Wilson with your space & astronomy news for the past day.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1347 of 1347 FirstFirst 1 347 847 1247 1297 1337 1347