+ Reply to Thread
Page 1490 of 1822 FirstFirst 1 490 990 1390 1440 1480 1490 1500 1540 1590 1822 LastLast
Results 29,781 to 29,800 of 36431

Thread: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

1. Link to Post #29781
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,691 times in 13,806 posts

Default Re: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

Rogue Planet TV

Are UFOs A Threat?

Published 2nd July 2020

Jason McClellan looks at the term "threat" as it applies to UFOs.

Last edited by Star Tsar; 8th July 2020 at 13:28.
    I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Ivanhoe (8th July 2020)

3. Link to Post #29782
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

UFO Buster Radio Network

Pennsylvania - The UFO Hotbed & Derbyshire Named As UFO Hotspot

Published 8th July 2020

Pennsylvania was the fifth best state for UFO sightings from January 2019 through June 2020.

In that period Pennsylvanians reported 358 sightings of strange lights and objects in the sky to the National UFO Reporting Center, according to an analysis of the center’s database by SatelliteInternet.com, which researches satellite internet.

That placed Pennsylvania behind California, with 752 reported sightings; Florida, 567; Washington, 386 and Texas, 375.

And 2020 is shaping up as a record year for UFOs over Pennsylvania. From January-June 2020, Pennsylvanians have filed 135 reports, nearly double the 75 reports filed during the first half of 2019.

“Hovering triangular object with three white lights and one red,” read a May 26 report from Mars, Pennsylvania.

“A very bright orange glowing craft (that I thought was on fire) traveled in a low altitude heading south from the northeast,” reported someone in Bethlehem on May 23.

A March 21 report from Harrisburg noted, “Dozens of odd shaped lights traveling at snail pace in the sky. Some traveling in triangle formation and some alone. One large craft stood still mostly but moved on occasion ascending and descending. Large bright light. Family member reported seeing the same about a mile away as well as one flickering on and off with red lights. Definitely an ongoing thing seeing these craft at night.

UFOs have been reported in the skies over Pennsylvania 3,887 times, according to the National UFO Reporting Center, which has been gathering reports since 1947.

That ranks Pennsylvania eighth among all 50 states in total reported sightings of eerie lights, erratically moving aircraft and mysterious metal saucers.

California is No. 1, with 13,559 reports, followed by Alabama, 10,882; Florida, 6,534; Washington, 5,894; Texas, 4,969; New York, 4,689; Arizona, 4,028; Pennsylvania, 3,887; Illinois, 3,616; and Ohio, 3,566.

Derbyshire named as UFO hotspot in new report: https://www.buxtonadvertiser.co.uk/n...report-2904955

I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

william r sanford72 (9th July 2020)

5. Link to Post #29783
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bluegreen (8th July 2020), william r sanford72 (8th July 2020)

7. Link to Post #29784
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Live Storms Media

Royal Oak, Michigan, USA: Severe Thunderstorms

Recorded 7th & Published 7th July 2020

High summer heat brought enough instability for storms to form along the colliding lake breeze and outflow boundaries. A strong downburst brought torrential rain and 60mph wind gusts to the Royal Oak area. Numerous tree limbs were downed and some power lines were downed as well. This video includes strong winds, damage footage, and some lightning strikes.

&

New Philadelphia, Ohio, USA: Significant Flooding

Recorded 7th & Published 7th July 2020

A strong, slow moving thunderstorm dropped at least 2” of rain which flooded much of the downtown area of New Philadelphia. Cars drove straight through the water despite many vehicles being too close to the ground. Law enforcement attempted to prevent vehicles from going any further but many of them ignored the officer.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bluegreen (8th July 2020), william r sanford72 (8th July 2020)

9. Link to Post #29785
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Seeker

We May Finally Know Why Earth’s Magnetic North Keeps Moving

Published 8th July 2020

Magnetic north keeps shifting, but we may finally know what’s causing it.

The Earth's magnetic north pole is shifting in two ways: It’s moving away from Canada and toward Siberia, and it is accelerating. In fact, it is accelerating so fast that we have had to update our models of Earth’s magnetic field ahead of schedule.

The reasoning behind why our magnetic poles move and flip has always been a mystery, until now.

A team of researchers from Leeds University think they have nailed down just what makes Earth's magnetic poles move: blobs.

The team from Leeds used 20 years of data collected by satellites, including ESA’s Swarm, and concluded that changes in flow at lower latitudes in Earth’s outer core have changed the magnetic flux, or the number of field lines, in two blobby areas.

Read More:
    Recent north magnetic pole acceleration towards Siberia caused by flux lobe elongation
    https://www.nature.com/articles/s41561-020-0570-9
    "The wandering of Earth’s north magnetic pole, the location where the magnetic field points vertically downwards, has long been a topic of scientific fascination."

Magnetic north and the elongating blob
    https://www.esa.int/Applications/Obs...longating_blob
    "For some years now, scientists have been puzzling over why the north magnetic pole has been making a dash towards Siberia."

Scientists explain magnetic pole's wanderings
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-52550973
    "European scientists think they can now describe with confidence what's driving the drift of the North Magnetic Pole."

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

william r sanford72 (8th July 2020)

11. Link to Post #29786
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

APOD Podcast

Mercury's Sodium Tail

Published 8th July 2020

In today's image, we see the planet Mercury - the closest planet to the Sun. Stretching back to the upper left, we see a tail composed of sodium atoms. These atoms are from Mercury's atmosphere and are pushed off by the Sun and excited by the Sun's energy and glow with a yellow color.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

13. Link to Post #29787
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

ParallaxNick

So Much Universe, So Little Time. The Current Crisis In Cosmology & How We Got Here

Published 5th July 2020

In 2019, astrophysics finally admitted it was in a crisis. The universe is apparently older than itself.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

15. Link to Post #29788
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

PBS SpaceTime

Does Antimatter Explain Why There's Something Rather Than Nothing?

Published 8th July 2020

The most precious substance in our universe is not gold, nor oil. It’s not even printer ink. It’s antimatter. But it’s worth every penny of it’s very high cost, because it may hold the answer to the question of why anything exists in our universe at all.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bluegreen (12th July 2020), william r sanford72 (9th July 2020)

17. Link to Post #29789
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

What Da Math? With Anton Petrov

The First Ever Colliding Black Holes That Produced Light

Published 6th July 2020

In this video Anton will talk about the first ever detection of a black hole collision that produced visual light.

Source paper: https://authors.library.caltech.edu/104019/

&

FRB In The Milky Way Was Probably Caused By Asteroid-Magnetar Collision

Published 7th July 2020

In this video Anton will talk about one of the best explanations for what may have created a mysterious FRB (Fast Radio Burst) in the Milky Way galaxy in April of 2020.

Source paper: https://arxiv.org/pdf/2006.04601.pdf

&

Turns Out, Galactic Jets Are Very Long Particle Accelerators!

Published 8th July 2020

In this video Anton will talk about the the jet of Centaurus A...

Source paper: https://www.nature.com/articles/s41586-020-2354-1

Last edited by Star Tsar; 8th July 2020 at 22:18.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

william r sanford72 (9th July 2020)

19. Link to Post #29790
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Suspicious Observers | Space News | 9th - 12th July 2020

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Last edited by Star Tsar; 12th July 2020 at 12:36.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bluegreen (12th July 2020), william r sanford72 (12th July 2020)

21. Link to Post #29791
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Geoengineering Watch

Global Alert News | Episode 257

Published 11th July 2020

The “new normal” is beginning to sink in, but for how long will current conditions be accepted by populations? Societal breakdown is already unfolding. For over a decade institutions like the Rockefeller Foundation, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and others have acted out "mock drills” of exactly the scenario that we now face. Was this just a coincidence? The global power elite have long since been aware that that the planet's life support systems are breaking down at blinding speed. Is the unfolding environmental unraveling directly connected to numerous agendas that are now being carried out?

Supporting link: https://www.geoengineeringwatch.org/...y-11-2020-257/

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

23. Link to Post #29792
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Live Storms Media

Thedford, Nebraska, USA - Land Spout Tornado

Recorded 8th & Published 10th July 2020

Enhanced risk for severe weather was set for the day and storms began to explode along the front just north of Thedford, Nebraska around 6pm CST. As the boundaries began to enhance and collide with the southern edge, it spun up this incredible land spout tornado in the sand hills of central nebraska.

First clip is the initial funnel observed from the town of Thedford. Second clip is the full land spout as is turned in the open space and about 3 minutes in you get a closer view of the horseshoe like funnel rotating towards the middle, followed some more rotation from the land spout.

&

Ashby, Minnesota, USA - Violent EF4 Tornado Timelapse

Recorded 8th & Published 11th July 2020

The full epic timelapse of the Ashby/Dalton, MN EF4 tornado. For more info on this tornado go to the NWS damage survey here: https://www.weather.gov/fgf/2020_07_08_Tornadoes

&

Troy Grove, Illinois, USA - Severe Thunderstorms, Hail & Strong Winds

Recorded 11th & Published 12th July 2020

Widespread strong to severe thunderstorms marched across northern and central Illinois on Saturday. These storms produced hail and damaging straight-line winds, leading to numerous reports of damage.

&

Norman, Oklahoma, USA - Severe Thunderstorm & Multiple Powerflashes

Filmed multiple power flashes looking NW from the University of Oklahoma campus in Norman, OK. As the severe thunderstorm rolled through, severe wind gusts were reported - including one over 74 mph! Damaging winds tore down power lines and caused tree damage all across the OKC metro!

Last edited by Star Tsar; 12th July 2020 at 13:30.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

25. Link to Post #29793
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Weather Events

Snowfall - Mendoza, Argentina & Tropical Storm Fay Hits The US

Recorded & Published 9th - 10th July 2020

&

Heavy Storm - Brescia, Italy

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bluegreen (12th July 2020), Harmony (12th July 2020), william r sanford72 (12th July 2020)

27. Link to Post #29794
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Nemesis Maturity

Comet C/2019 U6 Lemmon is Putting on a Show in NASA'S STEREO SECCHI HI 2A Camera

Published 10th July 2020

And yet another comet that's being completely neglected is the mag +7 comet C/2019 U6 (Lemmon), which is putting on a decent show in NASA'S STEREO SECCHI HI-2A camera.

In the field of view in that camera, you can see Mercury, Venus, Mars and Earth (left to right) in the center. The Sun is outside the left-hand edge of the 70-degree field of view.

&

NASA’s STEREO-A Spacecraft Spots Comet Encke Passing Near the Sun

Published 11th July 2020

Comet NEOWISE deservedly grabbing all the attention, but in other news, comet 2P/Encke has finally perked up.

The stuff at the left of the video is solar outflow. Lots of solar wind action going on in the tail, as it always does with this comet.

By early July, skywatchers at southern latitudes will nab the comet shining around magnitude 7.5 to 8 as it crosses Cancer in evening twilight. Moving rapidly eastward, the comet fades quickly, dimming to 11th magnitude by month's end.

Comet Encke has the shortest orbital period of any known comet within our solar system. It takes 3.30 years for Encke to orbit the Sun once. Its nucleus measures approximately 2,98 miles (4.8 kilometers) in diameter.

&

Comet NEOWISE Has A Super-Sized Nucleus - It Is Now Visible In The Evening Sky

Published 12th July 2020

Now we know why Comet NEOWISE (C/2020 F3) is so bright. Its nucleus is huge. Researchers working with NASA's NEOWISE spacecraft have analyzed infrared emissions from the comet's core in discovery images from March 2020.

The glow is proportional to the size of the nucleus--the nugget of dust and frozen gas at the heart of the comet. "From its infrared signature, we can tell that the nucleus is about 5 kilometers across," say researchers. 5 km is extremely large for a comet approaching this close to the sun (think Comet McNaught-sized), which explains its high activity.

On July 3rd, Comet NEOWISE passed by the sun near the orbit of Mercury. The oversized nucleus helped it survive the encounter, which some comets would have found too hot to handle. Now NEOWISE's sun-heated core is spewing massive amounts of dust and gas, creating a worldwide sensation.

NASA’s Parker Solar Probe was at the right place at the right time to capture a unique view of comet NEOWISE on July 5, 2020. Processed data from the WISPR instrument on NASA’s Parker Solar Probe shows greater detail in the twin tails of comet NEOWISE. The lower, broader tail is the comet’s dust tail, while the thinner, upper tail is the comet’s ion tail.

For Comet NEOWISE, the future looks bright. Its large nucleus is a reservoir of dust and gas that should continue to fill the comet's double tail with visible material for weeks to come.

NEOWISE is now visible in the evening sky. At the moment "Evening Comet" NEOWISE is still a horizon-hugger, low and hard to see. However, it will climb higher in the sunset sky as July unfolds. After July 15th, sunset will be the time and place to see the comet as it rockets northward toward the Big Dipper.

Courtesy of Volkssternwarte München

Last edited by Star Tsar; 12th July 2020 at 15:05.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Harmony (12th July 2020), william r sanford72 (12th July 2020)

29. Link to Post #29795
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Lowell Observatory

What Is An Opposition? | Jupiter & Saturn At Their Biggest & Brightest In 2020

Published 12th July 2020

Jupiter reaches opposition on the night of July 13-14, 2020, and Saturn reaches opposition on July 20, when each planet is its biggest and brightest in our skies. This is also when an outer planet rises in the east just as the Sun sets in the west, because it is directly opposite the Sun as viewed from Earth, and so we call this an “opposition.”

Join Lowell Observatory at 9pm PDT on Monday, July 13, for a live stream of Jupiter at its biggest and brightest for 2020: https://youtu.be/vHe7d_DyZug.

Join Lowell Observatory at 9pm PDT on Monday, July 20, for a live stream of Saturn at its biggest and brightest for 2020: https://youtu.be/cQg7eDbuD5U.

On both evenings, we'll also show views of much fainter Pluto, which has its own opposition on July 15. Between views of Jupiter, Saturn, or Pluto, we'll conduct an Interactive Stargazing session, showcasing some celestial objects and then letting viewers choose which objects to see via YouTube's chat function.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

william r sanford72 (12th July 2020)

31. Link to Post #29796
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Dr James O'Donoghue

The Astronomical Explanation For Mercury Retrograde

Published 12th July 2020

An astronomical explanation for Mercury's retrograde motion: the inner planet appears to retrace its steps a few times per year. Every planet does this, every year. In fact, there is a planet in retrograde for 75% of 2020.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

william r sanford72 (13th July 2020)

33. Link to Post #29797
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Seeker

The UAE’s Hope Probe Will Make History As It Heads to Mars

Published 13th July 2020

The UAE is about to send its first probe to Mars, making history as the first interplanetary mission for the Arab world.

July 2020 is a crowded month for Mars missions, but one mission in particular will be making history in more ways than one.

The Emirates Hope Probe, the first interplanetary mission for the Arab world (the country’s national space program only started in 2006), could provide us with the most comprehensive picture of the Martian atmosphere yet,

In order to get the project off the ground, the team worked with a handful of U.S. institutions, including University of Colorado Boulder and UC Berkeley, setting their sights on a better understanding of Mars’ atmosphere.

Read More:
    Emirates Mars Mission (Hope)
    https://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/nmc/spac...on?id=EMM-HOPE
    "The Emirates Mars Mission, or "Hope", is a Mars mission scheduled to launch on 14 July 2020 at 20:51:27 UT."

How a small Arab nation built a Mars mission from scratch in six years
    https://www.nature.com/immersive/d41...52b76-44374765.
    "The United Arab Emirates’ Hope orbiter is the Arab world’s first interplanetary spacecraft — and has jump-started science in the country. Will the momentum last?"

&

This 3.2 Gigapixel Camera Will Record A Timelapse Of The Universe

Published 12th July 2020

The Vera C. Rubin Observatory will use the world's largest digital camera to capture the far reaches of the universe, and in the process, hope to tackle some of the most fundamental questions in science today.

The Vera C. Rubin Observatory is the first national observatory to have been named for a woman and it currently houses the world’s largest optical lens ever built.

Measuring 1.55 meters in diameter, this piece of glass is one of three lenses that will be the eyes for a new astronomical camera. The optical lens weighs more than 3 tons and has an enormous field of view, where light from billions of galaxies will come into focus. By recording images of the entire sky every few days, this camera will produce a time-lapse movie of the universe.

In this Focal Point, we hear from Cosmologist Daniel Gruen, PhD, from the SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory, and Stuart Marshall, a camera operator physicist, to learn more about what this massive digital camera has to offer.

Read More:
    Rubin Observatory’s Legacy Survey of Space and Time
    https://lsst.slac.stanford.edu/#
    “During the first 10 years of operations, Rubin Observatory will conduct the Legacy Survey of Space and Time (LSST) of the entire southern sky and provide the widest, fastest and deepest views of the night sky ever observed.”

Engineering the world’s largest digital camera
    https://www.symmetrymagazine.org/art...digital-camera
    “The camera is a combination of many extremes. Its largest lens is one of the biggest ever created for astronomy and astrophysics. The ceramic grid that will hold its imaging sensors is so flat that no feature larger than a human red blood cell sticks up from its surface. The electronics that control the sensors are customized to fit in a very tight space and use as little power as possible.”

First national US observatory to be named after a woman!
    https://www.lsst.org/news/vro-press-release
    “It was announced today that the upcoming Large Synoptic Survey Telescope (LSST), which will conduct a vast astronomical survey for unprecedented discovery of the deep and dynamic Universe, will now be named the NSF (National Science Foundation) Vera C. Rubin Observatory (Rubin Observatory).”

Four New Giant Telescopes Are About to Rock Astronomy
    https://www.discovermagazine.com/the...rock-astronomy
    “Now, astronomers stand on the threshold of a new telescope revolution. During the next several years, researchers expect three instruments that are more than twice the size of their closest competitors to start scanning the skies. And a fourth telescope, one “only” 8 meters in diameter, will use advanced technology to image the entire night sky every three days. This quartet of new instruments promises to deliver stunning science on the hot-button issues.”

Last edited by Star Tsar; 13th July 2020 at 14:14.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Sarah Rainsong (14th July 2020), william r sanford72 (13th July 2020)

35. Link to Post #29798
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Suspicious Observers | Space News | 13th June 2020 | Weather Alert, Terrestrial Gamma Flashes, Climate Science

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

37. Link to Post #29799
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

VolcanoYT

Timelapse | Merapi Volcano, Indonesia

Recorded & Published 13th July 2020

&

Timelapse | Stromboli Volcano, Italy

Recorded & Published 13th July 2020

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

39. Link to Post #29800
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Weather Events

Strong Winds - Karaganda, Kazajstan

Recorded & Published 12th July 2020

40. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1490 of 1822 FirstFirst 1 490 990 1390 1440 1480 1490 1500 1540 1590 1822 LastLast