Thread: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

1. Link to Post #23401
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,345 times in 6,369 posts

Thumbs up Re: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

Grimerica

David Mathisen | Skies Over Grimerica

Published 6th December 2017

David Mathisen joins the Grimerica lads & points out aspects December's sky & tells of the associated mythology...

I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

william r sanford72 (7th December 2017)

3. Link to Post #23402
    Thanks

Default Re: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

Via Brien Foerster

Quadcopter Exploration Of Ancient Inca Complex Of Tambo Colorado Near Paracas Peru

Published 7th December 2017

I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

fourty-two (9th December 2017), Foxie Loxie (7th December 2017), william r sanford72 (7th December 2017)

5. Link to Post #23403
    Thanks

Nemesis Maturity

Unknown 'Planetary Mass Object' Responsible For The Warped Kuiper Belt

The plane of the solar system is warped in the outer reaches of the Kuiper Belt, signaling the presence of an unknown Mars-to-Earth-mass planetary object far beyond Pluto, according to new research from the UA.

An unknown, unseen "planetary mass object" may lurk in the outer reaches of our solar system, according to new research on the orbits of minor planets, published in the Astronomical Journal. This object would be different from — and much closer than — the so-called Planet Nine, a planet whose existence yet awaits confirmation.

In the paper, Kat Volk and Renu Malhotra of the University of Arizona's Lunar and Planetary Laboratory, or LPL, present compelling evidence of a yet-to-be- discovered planetary body with a mass somewhere between that of Mars and Earth. The mysterious mass, the authors show, has given away its presence — for now — only by controlling the orbital planes of a population of space rocks known as Kuiper Belt objects, or KBOs, in the icy outskirts of the solar system. .

Supporting links: https://uanews.arizona.edu/story/ua-...ed-kuiper-belt

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (7th December 2017), william r sanford72 (7th December 2017)

7. Link to Post #23404
    Thanks

Suspicious Observers News | 7th December 2017 | Volcano, Major Fire, Space Weather

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

fourty-two (7th December 2017), Foxie Loxie (7th December 2017), william r sanford72 (7th December 2017)

9. Link to Post #23405
    Thanks

Geoengineering Watch

Global Alert News | California Firestorms : A Geo Engineered Catastrophe

Our hope and goal is for this video to be shared far and wide, DO NOT re-upload this video without prior written permission and conditions from GeoengineeringWatch.org
    Yet another round of extreme firestorm catastrophes are hitting California. Like the recent Santa Rosa fire disaster, the current wildfires are verifiably connected to conditions created by the ongoing global climate engineering assault. The geoengineering cabal is becoming more desperate by the day as the biosphere and climate unraveling accelerates exponentially. This 6 minute video reveals the climate engineering assault and its connection to the California firestorms.
    While California continues to go up in flames, regions of the Canadian Arctic and Greenland have recently been basking in record warm temperatures nearly 60 degrees above normal. At the same time that record heat is occurring in the polar regions and elsewhere, snow is forecasted (scheduled) to fall as far south as Chihuahua, Mexico (2017 also saw record low ice at BOTH poles). The climate engineers will continue to use patented chemical ice nucleation processes to fuel ever more extreme weather whiplash scenarios. The climate engineers are manufacturing the illusion of winter in some regions while overall global temperatures continue to soar toward a runaway scenario.
    The gravity and immediacy of the changes currently unfolding around us cannot be overstated. What we face on the near term horizon are nothing less than existential threat. How can we make a difference for the better? How can we individually affect the equation? By doing our individual part to fully expose climate engineering. If we can expose it, we can stop it. How can we effectively and efficiently wake others up to the climate engineering assault? By sharing credible data from a credible source. Reaching a critical mass of awareness is the only way forward, make your voice heard.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (7th December 2017), william r sanford72 (7th December 2017)

11. Link to Post #23406
    Thanks

European Space Agency

VITA Timelapse - Aurora Over Northern America

A series of nighttime photos were taken by ESA astronaut Paolo Nespoli to create this time-lapse of the Aurora over northern America as seen from the Space Station; in this time-lapse you can also see one of the Station’s huge solar panels.

&

VITA Timelapse - Europe To Bay Of Bengal

Published 8th December 2017

A series of nighttime photos were taken by ESA astronaut Paolo Nespoli to create this time-lapse of Earth as seen from the International Space Station, flying from Copenhagen and northern Europe to the Bay of Bengal. ESA astronaut Paolo Nespoli in currently working and living on board the International Space Station as part of the Italian Space Agency’s long-duration VITA mission.

Last edited by Star Tsar; 8th December 2017 at 18:53.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

fourty-two (9th December 2017), william r sanford72 (9th December 2017)

13. Link to Post #23407
    Thanks

Suspicious Observers News | 8th December 2017 | Earthquakes, Space Weather, Fire Air Quality

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

15. Link to Post #23408
    Thanks

Cool Re: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

Space.com

Spectacular Fireball Captured By Police Vehicle Dashcam

Footage of a meteor burning up in the atmosphere over New Jersey was captured by a Hamilton Township Police Department vehicle on Dec. 2, 2017. -- Full Story: https://www.space.com/39025-brillian...cam-video.html

CBS Philly report

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

17. Link to Post #23409
    Thanks

Gianluca Masi

Potentially Hazardous Asteroid (3200) Phaethon : Observed 6th December 2017

This is the Potentially Hazardous Asteroid (3200) Phaethon, imaged via the Virtual Telescope Project (https://www.virtualtelescope.eu).

Last edited by Star Tsar; 8th December 2017 at 22:44.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

19. Link to Post #23410
    Thanks

American Meteor Society

Event #4930-2017 | Miami, Florida USA | December 6th 2017 @ 08:00 UT

Supporting Link: https://www.amsmeteors.org/members/i...vent/2017/4930

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

william r sanford72 (9th December 2017)

21. Link to Post #23411
    Thanks

NASA Goddard

Can Data From Space Save Dolphins?

The age-old mystery of why otherwise healthy dolphins, whales and porpoises get stranded along coasts worldwide deepens: After a collaboration between NASA scientists and marine biologists, new research suggests space weather is not the primary cause of animal beachings — but the research continues. The collaboration is now seeking others to join their search for the factors that send ocean mammals off course, in the hopes of perhaps one day predicting strandings before they happen. Scientist have long sought the answer to why such animals get beached, and one recent collaboration hoped to find a clear cut solution: Scientists from a cross-section of fields pooled massive data sets to see if disturbances to the magnetic field around Earth could be what confuses these sea creatures, known as cetaceans. Cetaceans are thought to use Earth's magnetic field to navigate. Since intense solar storms can disturb the magnetic field, the scientists wanted to determine whether they could, by extension, actually interfere with animals' internal compasses and lead them astray. During this first attempt, the scientists -- from NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, Maryland; the International Fund for Animal Welfare, or IFAW; and the Bureau of Ocean Energy Management, or BOEM -- were not able to hammer down a causal connection. Now, the team is opening their study up much wider: They're asking other scientists to participate in their work and contribute data to the search for the complex set of causes for such strandings.

Read all about it here: https://www.nasa.gov/beachings

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

23. Link to Post #23412
    Thanks

Deep Astronomy

ISS : The First Essential Step To Mars

What role will the ISS Play in getting us to Mars? Human exploration of Mars present many technological, management, political, and engineering challenges. The International Space Station (ISS) offers today an essential initial demonstration site and proving ground for eventual human exploration beyond the Earth. Join Tony Darnell, Harley Thronson, and Alberto Conti as they discuss with Molly Anderson (NASA Johnson Space Center) and Katie Boggs (NASA Headquarters) some of the exciting developments in ISS experiments and technology development.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

25. Link to Post #23413
    Thanks

Fraser Cain & John Michael Godier

Shifting Worlds | A Planetary Migration Collaboration

We once thought our Solar System was normal, average. How wrong we were, how varied the planetary systems are out there. It turns out, the migration of planets played a huge role in the Solar System we see today. In 1995, astronomers found the first ever planet orbiting another main-sequence star. The star was 51 Pegasi, and the planet was like nothing astronomers had ever expected to see. It has less than the mass of Jupiter, but orbits its star every 4 days. Even Mercury in our own Solar System needs 88 days to orbit once around the Sun. But 4 days? That’s just crazy. As astronomers continued to search the skies, more and more of these massive planets orbiting their stars so closely turned up. A few decades after their first discovery, we now know of dozens of these hot Jupiters. Not in every system, but it does appear that about 1.2% of stars have hot Jupiters orbiting around them. The problem is that hot Jupiters shouldn’t exist. Old models of planetary formation, based on our Solar System say that you should get rocky worlds close to the star, gas planets in the middle, and ice worlds farther out. The blasts of radiation from a newly forming star should have cleared out excess material from the inner orbits, stopping the formation of worlds. The only way to explain this situation is if the planets formed farther out, and then shifted around. Planetary migration.

Explore the concept of planetary migration, both artificial and in nature, in the future of our world and discuss how that might be applicable to SETI.

Papers: Astronomical engineering: a strategy for modifying planetary orbits", D. G. Korycansky et al, 2001

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

27. Link to Post #23414
    Thanks

Nemesis Maturity

Monster Black Hole That Shouldn't Exist Is 800 Million Times More Massive Than The Sun

A newly discovered supermassive black hole is challenging what scientists know of the early universe Astronomers have discovered the oldest supermassive black hole ever found — a behemoth that grew to 800 million times the mass of the sun when the universe was just 5 percent of its current age, a new study finds. This newfound giant black hole, which formed just 690 million years after the Big Bang, could one day help shed light on a number of cosmic mysteries, such as how black holes could have reached gargantuan sizes quickly after the Big Bang and how the universe got cleared of the murky fog that once filled the entire cosmos, the researchers said in the new study. The previous record for the earliest, most distant quasar was set by ULAS J1120+0641. That quasar is located 13.04 billion light-years from Earth and existed about 750 million years after the Big Bang. The newfound quasar (and its black hole), named ULAS J1342+0928, is 13.1 billion light-years away.

Supporting links: https://www.nature.com/articles/nature25180 , https://www.space.com/39000-oldest-f...-hole-yet.html

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

29. Link to Post #23415
    Thanks

Institute For Advanced Study

Andrea Ghez | Our Galactic Center : A Unique Laboratory For The Physics & Astrophysics Of Black Holes

Recorded 29th November | Published 8th December 2017

The proximity of our Galaxy's center presents a unique opportunity to study a galactic nucleus with orders of magnitude higher spatial resolution than can be brought to bear on any other galaxy. After more than a decade of diffraction-limited imaging on large ground-based telescopes, the case for a supermassive black hole at the Galactic center has gone from a possibility to a certainty, thanks to measurements of individual stellar orbits. The rapidity with which these stars move on small-scale orbits indicates a source of tremendous gravity and provides the best evidence that supermassive black holes, which confront and challenge our knowledge of fundamental physics, do exist in the Universe. This work was made possible through the use of speckle imaging techniques, which corrects for the blurring effects of the earth's atmosphere in post-processing and allowed the first diffraction-limited images to be produced with these large ground-based telescopes. Further progress in high-angular resolution imaging techniques on large, ground- based telescopes has resulted the more sophisticated technology of adaptive optics, which corrects for these effects in real time. This has increased the power of imaging by an order of magnitude and permitted spectroscopic study at high resolution on these telescopes for the first time. With adaptive optics, high resolution studies of the Galactic center have shown that what happens near a supermassive back hole is quite different than what theoretical models have predicted, which changes many of our notions on how galaxies form and evolve over time. By continuing to push on the cutting-edge of high-resolution technology, we will be able to capture the orbital motions of stars with sufficient precision to test Einstein’s General theory of Relativity as well as theories of galaxy formation and evolution - all in regimes that have never been probed before.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

31. Link to Post #23416
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,924 times in 1,223 posts

John Lenard Walson fascinating moon video, as always.
    The love you withhold is the pain that you carry
    and er..
    "Chariots of the Globs" (apols to Fat Freddy's Cat)

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to avid For This Post:

Star Tsar (8th December 2017), william r sanford72 (9th December 2017)

33. Link to Post #23417
    Thanks

SciShow Space

The Oldest Quasar Ever & The Newest Failed Launch

We have discovered an enormous black hole that’s older and farther away than any we’ve ever seen, and a recent rocket launch did not go as planned.

Last edited by Star Tsar; 8th December 2017 at 21:10.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

35. Link to Post #23418
    Thanks

Astronomy Cast

Episode 469 | Best Modern Sci Fi For The Science Lover | Part One | Space Exploration

Join +Fraser Cain and +Pamela Gay for a live episode of Astronomy Cast. We'll record our 30-minute show, and then stay tuned for them to answer questions! We've always been fans of science fiction, but we really like our science. Today we'll talk about some books we've been reading recently that do a good job of dealing with the science in science fiction.

Supporting Link: http://www.astronomycast.com/2017/12...e-exploration/

Last edited by Star Tsar; 8th December 2017 at 21:14.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

37. Link to Post #23419
    Thanks

Bart Sibrel

More Radiation Than Expected

More archives come to light that the radiation belts, which begin at 1000 miles altitude and continue an additional 25,000 miles, are impassible to astronauts. Thusly, earth orbit at 250 miles (where the space station resides, is achievable, yet travel to the moon is not. Be sure to check out this short video next (linked below) in which NASA's "Orion" spokesperson Kelly Smith accidentally admits on camera that the technology DOES NOT YET EXIST to protect crews from the "Dangerous Radiation" of the Van Allen Radiation Belts. (The purpose of the Orion mission was to send two Geiger Counters into the Radiation Belts and then return them to earth, to see if Radiation Shielding could be developed IN THE FUTURE to protect crews from this Lethal Radiation Exposure, if they wished to SOME FUTURE DAY travel to the moon.) When Bart Sibrel asked NASA to provide him, as a Journalist, with the Radiation Readings from the two Geiger Counters onboard the Orion spacecraft, he was informed by NASA that this information was "Classified". The question is, if the temperature of the sun, or the amount of helium in Jupiter's atmosphere, is not classified, why would the Amount of Radiation in the Radiation Belts surrounding Earth be classified? (After all, these readings are merely a part of nature, and taxpayer funds were used to acquire this scientific data, so why not share this information with the public and scientists?) The reason for keeping these Radiation Readings a secret, is the fact that if NASA shared them, it would prove the Radiation Belts to be too severe for humans to survive passing through them on a trip to the moon. The public might then ask: How then did the Apollo crews survive passing through this admitted "Dangerous Radiation" nearly 50 Years Earlier when they just acknowledged that the technology to do so has YET TO BE INVENTED?

See NASA's Revealing 21st Century Confession: "We MUST solve these challenges BEFORE we send people through this region of space." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2hbWqT8hLs

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

39. Link to Post #23420
    Thanks

Bizarre States

Jeremy Corbell on UFOs, Skinwalker Ranch, Bob Lazar, 2004 Nimitz TIC TAC incident & Alien Implants

Corbell joined Jessica Chobot and Andrew Bowser on BIZARRE STATES of Nerdist to talk about his film Patient Seventeen and all things Extraordinary Beliefs... UFOs, Skinwalker Ranch, Bob Lazar, the 2004 USS Nimitz TIC TAC incident, flying saucers, non-human creatures, shadow people, alien implants... you name it, they talked about it.

40. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1171 of 1176 FirstFirst 1 171 671 1071 1121 1161 1171 1176 LastLast