+ Reply to Thread
Page 1416 of 1822 FirstFirst 1 416 916 1316 1366 1406 1416 1426 1466 1516 1822 LastLast
Results 28,301 to 28,320 of 36437

Thread: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

1. Link to Post #28301
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,691 times in 13,806 posts

Default Re: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

Robot Head

Bob Lazar: Area 51, Flying Saucers & Joe Rogan - The Worst Documentary On Netflix

Published 2nd August 2019

Robot Head has the evidence they lied! (I really do) Bob Lazar: Area 51 & Flying Saucers is easily one of the worst documentaries ever produced. Jeremy Corbell has teamed up again with George Knapp to lie to us about what they have recently discovered. If you have watched Joe Rogan's interview let me show you what Jeremy Corbell lied about.

Contains strong language

Last edited by Star Tsar; 18th October 2019 at 12:11.
    I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bill Ryan (20th October 2019), Valerie Villars (19th October 2019), william r sanford72 (20th October 2019)

3. Link to Post #28302
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Richplanet.net

Acknowledged

Published 18th October 2019

Have aliens really visited us? What do they look like? Where do they come from and why are they here? Have they given us messages in Crop Circles? What historical evidence is there that aliens have been involved in the evolution or creation of humans? Is there a UFO/Alien cover up? If so, how is it kept in place?This book embodies an attempt to give some answers to the questions above, based on a compilation and distillation of evidence collected during about 15 years of ongoing research. Although this book is not written for people who are new to these topics, "newbies" and seasoned researchers alike should find something useful herein. Detailed information and over 900 references aim to give the reader a perspective on alien intervention, alien abduction, alien contact, landings and crashes. The involvement of military and intelligence interests and their influence on the so-called "Disclosure" movement is also considered. Also included is a critical look at certain prominent UFO researchers, who seem to be helping to keep certain truths obscured or marginalised.Although most or all of the information in this book has been written about elsewhere, this work attempts a synthesis of reasoned analysis which, it is hoped, will enlighten the reader and give them a new understanding about why any official type of "Disclosure" is unlikely to happen, as powerful interests need to keep their crimes covered up.

I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bill Ryan (20th October 2019), Valerie Villars (18th October 2019)

5. Link to Post #28303
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Suspicious Observers | Space News | 18th October 2019 | California Warning, Hidden Nova, Storm Alert

¤=[Post Update]=¤

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bill Ryan (20th October 2019), Bluegreen (19th October 2019), william r sanford72 (18th October 2019)

7. Link to Post #28304
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

APOD Podcast

Interstellar Interloper: 2I/Borisov

In today's image, we see a visitor from another solar system. Based on studies of the trajectory of this object, it has been determined that it comes from outside our solar system - likely ejected from another solar system billions of years ago. It is currently approaching the Sun and will make its closest approach on Dec 7 of this year.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bill Ryan (20th October 2019), william r sanford72 (18th October 2019)

9. Link to Post #28305
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Asteroid Station

Asteroid (2019 TK5) Closest Approach

Asteroid (2019 TK5) Closest Approach On October 19, 2019

Last edited by Star Tsar; 18th October 2019 at 16:22.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

11. Link to Post #28306
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

John Michael Godier's Event Horizon

Dr. Becky Smethurst | Why There Are 10 Things You Should Know About Space

Published 17th October 2019

What are some of the currently unanswered questions about space. The unknown objects in space, such as. What is beyond the event horizon of a black hole? Does Planet nine exist? What is planet nine’s orbit? Is planet nine a black hole? And what is the answer to the Fermi paradox? As well as if comet borisov and other interstellar objects could be examples of planet nine.

Dr. Becky joined John Michael Godlier on Event Horizon to discuss these questions which she discusses in her new book Space: 10 things you should know.

Dr. Becky's links:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Space-Thing...dp/1841883824/

https://www.youtube.com/drbecky/

https://rebeccasmethurst.co.uk/

https://twitter.com/drbecky_

"What if Planet 9 is a Primordial Black Hole?", Scholtz, Unwin 2019
    https://arxiv.org/abs/1909.11090

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

13. Link to Post #28307
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Chandra X-Ray Observatory

Tycho's Supernova Remnant

In 1572, the Danish astronomer Tycho Brahe was among those who noticed a "new star" in the constellation of Cassiopeia.

Astronomers now know that this object was not new at all — it instead signaled the death of star in a supernova.

The Tycho supernova remnant is from a "Type Ia" supernova where a white dwarf star explodes after exceeding a critical mass.

Over 400 years later, data from NASA's Chandra X-ray Observatory reveals a clumpy and lumpy pattern of bright and fainter regions in the stellar debris.

Scientists compared the Chandra data to theoretical computer simulations to try to determine where these clumps came from.

Their research reveals the supernova itself was likely responsible, suggesting the explosion may have detonated in multiple spots on the star.

Understanding the details of Type Ia supernovas is important because astronomers use them as "standard candles" for studying the Universe on large scales.

In 1572, the Danish astronomer Tycho Brahe was among those who noticed a new bright object in the constellation of Cassiopeia. Adding fuel to the intellectual fire that Copernicus started, Tycho showed this "new star" was far beyond the Moon and that it was possible for the Universe beyond the Sun and planets to change.

Astronomers now know that Tycho's new star was not new at all. Rather it signaled the death of star in a supernova, an explosion so bright that it can outshine the light from an entire galaxy. This particular supernova was a so-called Type Ia, which occurs when a white dwarf star pulls material from, or merges with, a nearby companion star until a thermonuclear explosion is triggered. The white dwarf star is obliterated, sending its debris hurtling into space.

As with many supernova remnants, the Tycho supernova remnant, as it's known today, glows brightly in X-ray light because shock waves — similar to sonic booms from supersonic aircraft — generated by the stellar explosion heat the stellar debris up to millions of degrees Celsius. In its two decades of operation, NASA's Chandra X-ray Observatory has captured unparalleled X-ray images of many supernova remnants.

In the Tycho supernova remnant, Chandra reveals an intriguing pattern of bright clumps and fainter holes. What caused this thicket of high-energy knots in the aftermath of this explosion? Did the explosion itself cause this clumpiness or was it something that happened afterward?

This latest image of Tycho from Chandra is providing clues. To emphasize the clumps in the image and the three-dimensional nature of Tycho, two narrow ranges of X-ray energies were selected to isolate material moving away from Earth, and moving towards us. The other colors in the image show a broad range of different energies and elements, and a mixture of directions of motion.

By comparing the Chandra image of Tycho to two different computer simulations, researchers were able to test their theoretical ideas against actual data. They found that it's most likely that the clumps came from the explosion itself. While scientists are not sure how, one possibility is that star's explosion had multiple ignition points, like dynamite sticks being set off simultaneously in different locations.

Understanding the details of how these stars explode is important because it may improve the reliability of the use of Type Ia supernovas as "standard candles" for cosmological studies. These supernovas also sprinkle elements such as iron and silicon, that are essential for life as we know it, into the next generation of stars and planets.

Last edited by Star Tsar; 18th October 2019 at 16:24.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

15. Link to Post #28308
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Fraser Cain

How Many Stars Have Zero Planets? And More...

Streamed & Published 18th October 2019

n this week's questions show, I explain why we'll never know which stars have no planets. How we could prevent a catastrophe to Earth, and why aliens might still be a threat to us.

Check out more of Dustin Gibson's photographs at:
    https://www.instagram.com/gibsonpics/

00:48 How many stars don't have planets?
    02:29 Could we prevent a catastrophe?
    05:16 No aliens would be a threat to us
    07:38 Can I have any name for Patreon?
    08:20 Why not put a laser on the solar sail spacecraft
    09:40 How can neutrinos go faster than light?
    10:45 How do you calculate exposure times for Hubble?
    14:32 What would cause stars to collide
    17:19 Why don't we track asteroids?
    18:55 How do magnetars form?
    20:36 How could we destroy the planet?
    22:45 Can a brown dwarf become a star?

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bill Ryan (20th October 2019), Ol' Roy (19th October 2019), william r sanford72 (18th October 2019)

17. Link to Post #28309
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Mag Pi

The Magnetic Fields Of The Solar System

A brief overview of magnetic fields of the planets in our Solar System and their origins. We begin our journey from our home planet Earth and fly away to different planets to see how their magnetic fields look like and what we know about the science behind their origin.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bill Ryan (20th October 2019), Cara (19th October 2019), william r sanford72 (18th October 2019)

19. Link to Post #28310
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Suspicious Observers | Space News | 19th October 2019 | Solar Watch, Climate Cooler, Primordial Plasma

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bill Ryan (20th October 2019), Bluegreen (19th October 2019), william r sanford72 (20th October 2019)

21. Link to Post #28311
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

SciShow Space

Using Galaxy Clusters To Look Into The Past

Gravitational lensing has given us a look @ a galaxy in the very very distant cosmic past using x-ray light. Plus news from NASA's ICON mission.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bill Ryan (20th October 2019), william r sanford72 (20th October 2019)

23. Link to Post #28312
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Astrum

What Did NASA's Casini Discover About The Lakes Of Titan

Titan is the only other body in the solar system that can support liquid on it's surface. But not liquid water, liquid methane instead. What did Cassini discover about Saturn's moon?

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

25. Link to Post #28313
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Question Re: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

PonderWall.com

Who Owns The Moon A Space Lawyer Answers

When Buzz Aldrin placed the US flag on the moon on 20th July 1969 did that act signify the establishment of an American colony on the Moon? Frans von der Dunk, A space law professor answers.

Read all about it here: https://ponderwall.com/index.php/201...-space-lawyer/
    Last edited by Star Tsar; 19th October 2019 at 12:37.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bill Ryan (20th October 2019), Bluegreen (19th October 2019), william r sanford72 (20th October 2019)

27. Link to Post #28314
    United States Avalon Member Ivanhoe's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,837 times in 1,861 posts

Star Tsar, I just wanted to thank you for presenting this information as well as you do, I truly appreciate it. I don't hit the "Thank you" button enough!
    THANK YOU!!

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ivanhoe For This Post:

aoibhghaire (19th October 2019), Bill Ryan (20th October 2019), Bluegreen (19th October 2019), Cara (20th October 2019), Star Tsar (19th October 2019), Valerie Villars (19th October 2019), william r sanford72 (20th October 2019)

29. Link to Post #28315
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Sky Scholar

Scientific Analysis - The Claim of Black Hole Image!

Published 19th October 2019

Dr Robitaille lends his expert scrutinization to the image of the Black Hole in M87 produced in April 2019.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

31. Link to Post #28316
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

BBC.co.uk

European SolO Probe Ready To Take On Audacious Mission

The European spacecraft that aims to take the closest ever pictures of the Sun is built and ready for launch.

The Solar Orbiter, or SolO, probe will put itself inside the orbit of Planet Mercury to train its telescopes on the surface of our star.

Other instruments will sense the constant outflow of particles and their embedded magnetic fields.

Scientists hope the detailed observations can help them understand better what drives the Sun's activity.

Read all about it here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-50040893

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

33. Link to Post #28317
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Nemesis Maturity

"Ring Of Fire" Solar Eclipse 2019

On December 26th, skywatchers in Saudi Arabia, southern India, and parts of Indonesia will see the Moon pass directly in front of the Sun,
    creating an annular solar eclipse.

Regions seeing, at least, a partial eclipse: East in Europe, Much of Asia, North/West Australia, East in Africa, Pacific, Indian Ocean.

An annular solar eclipse is also known as a "Ring of Fire" solar eclipse. The eclipse will begin at 02:29 UTC on December 26, 2019. The maximum point will take place at 05:17 UTC, and the annularity will last for 3 minutes and 40 seconds. At maximum the Moon forms a 'black hole' in the center of the Sun.

During an annular solar eclipse, the Moon is farther away from Earth than during a total solar sclipse, so it appears smaller and doen't completely cover the Sun.

Be careful when looking directly at the eclipsed Sun. The ring of sunlight during annularity is blindingly bright. Even though as much as 94% of the Sun's disk will be covered, you still need to use a solar filter or some type of projection technique.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

35. Link to Post #28318
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Bartosz Ciechanowski

Earth & Sun

Published 16th October 2019

The day-night cycle and the cycle of the seasons have been an important part of human civilization for millennia. Today the discoveries from centuries ago are well known, but despite the superficial simplicity of Earth revolving around its axis and orbiting the Sun, the interaction between those two actually forms a fairly complex system.

This blog post will talk about space and how our planet moves through it, so it’s only fitting if we embed ourselves in the cosmos itself.

Read all about it here: https://ciechanow.ski/earth-and-sun/
    Last edited by Star Tsar; 20th October 2019 at 08:09.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

37. Link to Post #28319
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Flare Aware

19th - 20th October: 24 Hour Solar Activity

Published 20th October 2019

This short video is the 304 imagery from NASA SDO during the course of the past 24 hours (Saturday, 19 Oct 2019 to Sunday, 20 Oct 2019).
    From this video you'll be able to visually see sunspot, solar flare and coronal mass ejection (CME) events from the past 24 hours. Please feel free to post remarks in our timeline for anything interesting you see.
    What is a solar storm? What is emergency preparedness and how does it relate to solar storm preparedness?
    Learn about solar flares and protect your family and friends by visiting http://FlareAware.com/weather. Your source for instant severe solar weather alerts direct to your phone.

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

39. Link to Post #28320
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Space Weather Woman Tamitha Skov

Space Weather News | Solar Storm Forecast | Two Coronal Holes Keep Us in Suspense

Although space weather continues to be quiet this week, the Sun has us in a clutch of suspense as we watch two coronal holes rotate ever closer to the Earth-strike zone. The first of these will send us a short burst of fast solar wind near week's end, while the other, larger coronal hole will send us a much larger burst of fast wind in about 10-12 days. This larger coronal hole has already brought us to storm levels the last two times it rotated Earthside and the hopes are it will give us yet another repeat performance. Aurora photographers should get ready for several shows, with the larger one bringing views of aurora to mid-latitudes near the end of the month. Outside of this, the Sun remains spotless, which means amateur radio operators and emergency responders are still suffering poor radio propagation on earth's dayside. However, GPS users should enjoy decent reception this week, even at low latitudes. Learn more details about the coming solar storms, catch up on aurora photographs from the last time these coronal holes were in view, and see what else our Sun has in store.

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1416 of 1822 FirstFirst 1 416 916 1316 1366 1406 1416 1426 1466 1516 1822 LastLast