+ Reply to Thread
Page 1375 of 1822 FirstFirst 1 375 875 1275 1325 1365 1375 1385 1425 1475 1822 LastLast
Results 27,481 to 27,500 of 36432

Thread: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

1. Link to Post #27481
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,691 times in 13,806 posts

Default Re: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

Lisa Haven News

John Greenewald | UFO/Alien Disclosure About To Be Publicized, If Not, Then Why Is The Govt Doing This?

Published 24th June 2019

Lisa hosts John to discuss the latest UFOlogical happening from the US Government...

I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

2. Link to Post #27482
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Suspicious Observers | Space News | 24th June 2019 | M7.3 Blot Echo, Sneaky Red Dwarf, Magnetism Rules

I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

william r sanford72 (26th June 2019)

4. Link to Post #27483
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

CosmoQuest

Daily Space

Streamed & Published 24th June 2019

Dr Pamela Gay with your space & astronomy news for the past day.

5. Link to Post #27484
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Nemesis Maturity

The Top Eight Must See Sky Events For July 2019

Published 24th June 2019

Skywatchers around the world mark your calendars! July is going to be a great month for astronomical events.

TOP 8 Must-See Sky Events For July 2019
    1) Total solar eclipse, July 2.
    2) Planet Earth at aphelion, July 4.
    3) Saturn at opposition, July 9.
    4) Moon and Jupiter, July 13.
    5) Moon close to Saturn, July 15.
    6) Full Thunder Moon, July 16-17.
    7) Partial Lunar Eclipse, July 16-17.
    8) Black Moon Rising, July 31.

You don't need any special equipment to see the spectacles but just your eyes!

Clear Skies Everyone!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Valerie Villars (25th June 2019)

7. Link to Post #27485
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Phys.org

Subaru Telescope Identifies the Outermost Edge of the Milky Way System

Published 24th June 2019

A team of researchers identified the outermost edge of the Milky Way galaxy. Using the Subaru Telescope, the researchers examined the boundary of the stellar system that makes up the galaxy. The ultimate size of the galaxy is 520,000 light years in radius, 20 times larger than the distance between the galactic center and our solar system (26,000 light years) (Figure 1). Stars that reach these outermost regions of the galaxy during their orbital motions are ancient stellar populations with ages as old as 12 billion years. The spatial extent in which these ancient stars wander is, therefore, important for understanding the Milky Way's formation.

Read all about it here: https://phys.org/news/2019-06-subaru...dge-milky.html

Research paper: https://arxiv.org/abs/1904.04966

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Valerie Villars (25th June 2019)

9. Link to Post #27486
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Berkley News

Astronomers See “Warm” Glow of Uranus’s Rings

Published 20th June 2019

The rings of Uranus are invisible to all but the largest telescopes — they weren’t even discovered until 1977 — but they’re surprisingly bright in new heat images of the planet taken by two large telescopes in the high deserts of Chile.

Composite image of Uranus’s atmosphere and rings at radio wavelengths, taken with the ALMA array in December 2017. The image shows thermal emission, or heat, from the rings of Uranus for the first time, enabling scientists to determine their temperature: a frigid 77 Kelvin (-320 F). Dark bands in Uranus’s atmosphere at these wavelengths show the presence of molecules that absorb radio waves, in particular hydrogen sulfide gas. Bright regions like the north polar spot (yellow spot at right, because Uranus is tipped on its side) contain very few of these molecules.
    The thermal glow gives astronomers another window onto the rings, which have been seen only because they reflect a little light in the visible, or optical, range and in the near-infrared. The new images taken by the Atacama Large Millimeter/submillimeter Array (ALMA) and the Very Large Telescope (VLT) allowed the team for the first time to measure the temperature of the rings: a cool 77 Kelvin, or 77 degrees above absolute zero — the boiling temperature of liquid nitrogen and equivalent to 320 degrees below zero Fahrenheit.

Read all about it here: https://news.berkeley.edu/2019/06/20...uranuss-rings/

10. Link to Post #27487
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Mathisen Corollary

Arjuna's Choice . . . & Yours?

Published 24th June 2019

All the world's ancient myths are built on a common system of celestial metaphor, designed to convey profound and very practical truths for our blessing and benefit.

The Bhagavad Gita is one of the most beloved and well-known of the world's ancient scriptures, containing the wisdom imparted to Arjuna by the divine Lord Krishna. But it would not have taken place at all had Arjuna not made the right decision when presented with the choice between having Krishna as his non-combatant charioteer or having an army of Krishna's Narayana warriors at his side.

This choice itself can be shown to reflect specific constellations in the heavens -- and to carry a powerful truth for our own lives, in this very present moment.

Related musical interlude

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Ivanhoe (25th June 2019)

12. Link to Post #27488
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Suspicious Observers | Space News | 25th June 2019 | Sunspots, Earthquakes, Electric Weather, Water Worlds

13. Link to Post #27489
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

EarthKeeper

Andrew Collins | Live @ Arklantis | The Cygnus Key

Published 24th June 2019

James Tyberonn & Earth-Keeper Present: Prolific Researcher, British Author & Speaker, Andrew Collins, Live @ Arklantis presenting from his book The Cygnus Key.

Built at the end of the last ice age around 9600 BCE, Göbekli Tepe in southeast Turkey was designed to align with the constellation of the celestial swan, Cygnus--a fact confirmed by the discovery at the site of a tiny bone plaque carved with the three key stars of Cygnus. Remarkably, the three main pyramids at Giza in Egypt, including the Great Pyramid, align with the same three stars. But where did this ancient veneration of Cygnus come from?

Showing that Cygnus was once seen as a portal to the sky-world, Andrew Collins reveals how, at both sites, the attention toward this star group is linked with sound acoustics and the use of musical intervals “discovered” thousands of years later by the Greek mathematician Pythagoras. Collins traces these ideas as well as early advances in human technology and cosmology back to the Altai-Baikal region of Russian Siberia, where the cult of the swan flourished as much as 20,000 years ago. He shows how these concepts, including a complex numeric system based on long-term eclipse cycles, are derived from an extinct human population known as the Denisovans. Not only were they of exceptional size--the ancient giants of myth--but archaeological discoveries show that this previously unrecognized human population achieved an advanced level of culture, including the use of high-speed drilling techniques and the creation of musical instruments.

Last edited by Star Tsar; 25th June 2019 at 18:57.

14. Link to Post #27490
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Space Telescope Science Institute

Tonight's Sky: July 2019

Published 25th June 2019

In July, find the Scorpius constellation to identify the reddish supergiant Antares, which will lead you to discover a trio of globular star clusters. Keep watching for space-based views of these densely packed, spherical collections of ancient stars, as well as three nebulas: the Swan Nebula, the Lagoon Nebula, and the Trifid Nebula.

Last edited by Star Tsar; 26th June 2019 at 18:32.

15. Link to Post #27491
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Space.com

China’s Long March 3B Rocket Launches Navigation Satellite

Published 24th June 2019

China launched the Beidou-3I2 (IGSO-2) navigation satellite atop a atop Long March-3B/G2 rocket from the Xichang Satellite Launch Center.

Read all about it here: https://www.space.com/mars-fresh-cra...hoto-2019.html

&

SpaceX Falcon Heavy Launches 24 Satellites

Published 25th June 2019

A SpaceX Falcon Heavy rocket launched the Space Test Program 2 (STP-2) mission on Jun 25, 2019. SpaceX Falcon Heavy Rocket Lofts 24 Satellites in first night launch.

Read all about it here: https://www.space.com/spacex-falcon-...h-success.html & https://www.space.com/spacex-falcon-...tes-photo.html

A SpaceX's Falcon Heavy rocket launched the STP-2 mission on June 25, 2019. During the return flight of the side boosters landed successfully on the ground but the center core failed to land on the "Of Course I Still Love You" droneship in the Atlantic Ocean.

SpaceX's Ms. Tree (formerly Mr. Steven) ship caught a payload fairing half from the Falcon Heavy rocket that launched the STP-2 mission on June 25, 2019

Full launch stream courtesy of SpaceX

Last edited by Star Tsar; 26th June 2019 at 03:43.

16. Link to Post #27492
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Ariane Space

Ariane 5 Launch

Launched & Published 25th June 2019

Arianespace Chalks Up Another Success With Ariane 5 Launches T-16 and Eutelsat 7c

Arianespace Confirms Its Status as a Trusted Partner to World-class Operators of Communications Satellites With the Launch of T-16 and Eutelsat 7c.

The Company’s Fifth Launch of 2019 Took Place on Thursday, June 20 at 6:43 Pm (Local Time) From the Guiana Space Center (Csg), Europe’s Spaceport in Kourou, French Guiana.

With This Latest Success, the Second With an Ariane 5 Launch Vehicle in 2019, Arianespace Consolidates Its Leadership in the Market for Commercial Launches Into Geostationary Orbit. Today’s Launch Was the 104th Overall for an Ariane 5 and the 310th Launch by the Arianespace Family.

17. Link to Post #27493
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

The Jerusalem Post

Spaceil: Beresheet Won't Attempt Moon Landing, Will Seek Another Challenge

Published 25th June 2019

SpaceIL, the team behind the Beresheet spacecraft, will not be reattempting its mission to land on the Moon, the non-profit announced on Tuesday.
    Following a lengthy debate, SpaceIL decided that landing on the Moon was "not a sufficiently great challenge."

Read all about it here: https://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/By...esheet2-593680

18. Link to Post #27494
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

DiscoverMagazine.com

Salt-Loving Bacteria’s Survival Skills Bode Well for Life on Mars

Published 25th June 2019

Mars’ surface is dry and dusty. But researchers know there’s water there. It’s locked up in the polar ice caps, and occasionally it probably seeps to the surface as liquid. And at night, the Red Planet’s plummeting temperatures raise the humidity drastically, possibly to 80 or 100 percent.

For good or ill, Mars also has vast salt deposits made of calcium sulfate, iron sulfate and magnesium sulfate. And salts, which come in many varieties, are usually good at mixing with water to form brines, a salty liquid. In fact, in many cases, they are good at pulling water straight from the humid air to mix and form a brine.

Read all about it here: http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/d-.../#.XRLrVuhKi70

19. Link to Post #27495
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

NASA

Cyanide Compounds Discovered in Meteorites May Hold Clues to the Origin of Life

Published 25th June 2019

Cyanide and carbon monoxide are both deadly poisons to humans, but compounds containing iron, cyanide, and carbon monoxide discovered in carbon-rich meteorites by a team of scientists at Boise State University and NASA may have helped power life on early Earth. The extraterrestrial compounds found in meteorites resemble the active site of hydrogenases, which are enzymes that provide energy to bacteria and archaea by breaking down hydrogen gas (H2). Their results suggest that these compounds were also present on early Earth, before life began, during a period of time when Earth was constantly bombarded by meteorites and the atmosphere was likely more hydrogen-rich.

Read all about it here: https://www.nasa.gov/press-release/g...-in-meteorites

20. Link to Post #27496
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

North East Astronomy Forum

NEAF Talks | Sara Seager | Mapping the Nearest Stars for Habitable Worlds

Published 25th June 2019

Exoplanets are planets that orbit stars other than the sun. Thousands of exoplanets are already known, with compelling evidence that billions more exist in our Milky Way Galaxy; that nearly every star should have planets. Beyond their discovery, a new era of “exoplanet characterization” is underway with an astonishing diversity of exoplanets driving the fields of planetary science and engineering to new frontiers.

PROFESSOR SARA SEAGER is a planetary scientist and astrophysicist. She has been a pioneer in the vast and unknown world of exoplanets, planets that orbit stars other than the sun. Her ground-breaking research ranges from the detection of exoplanet atmospheres to innovative theories about life on other worlds to the development of novel space mission concepts. Now, dubbed an “astronomical Indiana Jones”, she on a quest after the field’s holy grail, the discovery of a true Earth twin. Dr. Seager earned her PhD from Harvard University and is now the Class of 1941 Professor of Planetary Science, Professor of Physics, and Professor of Aerospace Engineering at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Among many other accolades, Professor Seager is a MacArthur Fellow, a member of the US National Academy of Sciences, a lifetime Honorary Member of the Royal Astronomical Society of Canada, and has Asteroid 9729 Seager named in her honor.

21. Link to Post #27497
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

SkyTour Radio

Episode 59 - Finding Elusive Visitors

Aired 9th & Published 25th June 2019

In this episode of SkyTour Radio Mr D'Antonio focuses on finding elusive life in an expanding universe.

&

Episode 60 - Of Exoplanets & Telescopes

Aired 16th & Published 25th June 2019

In this episode of SkyTour Radio Mr D'Antonio focuses Exoplanets & The fantastic equipment used to search for them...

Last edited by Star Tsar; 26th June 2019 at 18:34.

22. Link to Post #27498
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

The Richard Dolan Show

Intelligent Disclosure | Answering Questions on the Wilson Leak & More

Streamed & Published 25th June 2019

After a few days of being away, Richard and Tracey are back, once again discussing the most important UFO-related leak of the 21st century. This time we will be answering your questions.

23. Link to Post #27499
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

MJ Banias

UFOs in the Mainstream Media | It Ain't Always Good...

Published 25th June 2019

Fox News. CNN. The New York Times. Politico. ABC. All have covered UFOs in the past, and today is no exception. UFO stories have been making serious rounds on mainstream news outlets. While some view this as "Disclosure" or "Confirmation," we need to be aware that the UFO discourse is a grass roots and authentic movement, and when it gets covered by big media- whose messages and ideologies are getting bought and sold? Is Ufology being sanitized and prepared for consumption?

24. Link to Post #27500
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

The New York Post

The Basement Office | Episode Five | 'Nobody’s Going to Believe Us': The Rendlesham Forest Incident

Published 26th June 2019 | Eight hours from posting time

In this episode of “The Basement Office,” Charles Halt discusses his shock at his UFO sighting in Rendlesham Forest in 1980 and the audio recording he made during the event. Nick Pope, who wrote a book on the incident, offers his insight into what happened when a UFO was reported to have landed outside the Bentwaters and Woodbridge air force bases in the UK. Nick and Steven Greenstreet dig into the physical evidence and government response in the aftermath.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1375 of 1822 FirstFirst 1 375 875 1275 1325 1365 1375 1385 1425 1475 1822 LastLast