+ Reply to Thread
Page 1516 of 1822 FirstFirst 1 516 1016 1416 1466 1506 1516 1526 1566 1616 1822 LastLast
Results 30,301 to 30,320 of 36428

Thread: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

1. Link to Post #30301
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,691 times in 13,806 posts

Default Re: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

Geoengineering Watch

Global Alert News | Episode 272

Published 24th October 2020

Is our weather being engineered?
    Record drought, record deluge, record heat and record cold, weather extremes are now the norm. Rapidly unfolding Earth changes will very soon eclipse all other concerns or challenges. Though the ongoing climate engineering operations remain a core causal factor behind so much of the climate chaos and environmental destruction, the geoengineering reality is still categorically denied by all elected officials, official agencies, and the whole of academia.

Supporting link: https://www.geoengineeringwatch.org/...r-24-2020-272/

I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Alecs (26th October 2020), Harmony (25th October 2020), william r sanford72 (29th October 2020)

3. Link to Post #30302
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Weather Events

Extreme Weather Around The World From 23rd & 24th October 2020

00:00 INDONESIA - tornado , Kaliabang Tengah, north of Bekasi, Oct 23rd
    03:41 JAMAICA - Severe flooding in Bull Bay , Oct 23rd
    06:27 INDIA - landslide, Khongnem area, Oct 24th
    07:26 ARGENTINA - Heavy hail storm, Victoria, Rios, Oct 23rd
    07:57 Switzeland - hail, Oct 24th

I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Harmony (25th October 2020), william r sanford72 (29th October 2020)

5. Link to Post #30303
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

John Michael Godier's Event Horizon

Amir Siraj | There Is A Sea Of Interstellar Objects In The Galaxy

Published 22nd October 2020

Oumuamua and Borisov were the first two interstellar objects found in our Solar system. And with the Vera C. Rubin Observatory about to become operational, it will improve our ability discover interstellar objects. Just how many interstellar objects are in our galaxy? How many interstellar objects in our solar system? Could some have landed and been preserved on the moon? Amir Siraj of Harvard joins John Michael Godlier on Event Horizon to discuss his work with Dr. Avi Loeb to continue the search and study of interstellar objects within our solar system.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

william r sanford72 (29th October 2020)

7. Link to Post #30304
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Scott Manley

NASA's OSIRIS REx Mission Ends Up With More Than It Expected

NASA's OSIRIS REx spacecraft was supposed to grab a sample of the asteroid Bennu so that it could be returned to Earth for analysis. The spacecraft grabbed the sample on Tuesday, but, it's taken a few days to actually get photos of the tool and now it's realized they have a problem with too much material. Larger pieces of regolith have kept the sample head from closing properly, so material is slowly being lost.
    As a result, the mission operators are skipping past a number of important tests and going straight to storing the sample for return to avoid losing more.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

9. Link to Post #30305
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

American Museum Of Natural History

Rosetta Comet Mission In 360

The mission: to track down and land on a comet as it moved around the Sun. After a 10-year chase, the European Space Agency's Rosetta spacecraft found its target, Comet 67P (Churyumov-Gerasimenko), gathering new information that will fuel scientific inquiry for years go come. Learn more about the landmark Rosetta mission, featured in the Hayden Planetarium Space Show Worlds Beyond Earth, in this 360 video.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

11. Link to Post #30306
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Nemesis Maturity

Eight Newly Found Asteroids Flew Past Earth Closer Than The Moon In Six Days

Once again the region between the Earth and the Moon has been busy. Not only one but eight small asteroids passed incredibly close to our planet. Interestingly, some of them were discovered JUST a few hours before their close approach.

8 asteroids were discovered from October 17 to 22, 2020, marking a significant increase in detection and flybys of asteroids within 1 lunar distance in such a short period of time.

Eight 8 asteroids with an estimated diameter between 2 and 19 metres, buzzed by Earth a little too close for comfort and the world did not get much advanced notice.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bluegreen (27th October 2020), william r sanford72 (30th October 2020)

13. Link to Post #30307
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Meteorite Videos

Dhofar 1766

An example of lunar feldspathic breccia.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

william r sanford72 (26th October 2020)

15. Link to Post #30308
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Suspicious Observers | Space News | 26th October 2020 | Galactic Micronova Trigger, New Sunspots, EMF Quakes

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bluegreen (27th October 2020), Sarah Rainsong (29th October 2020), william r sanford72 (26th October 2020)

17. Link to Post #30309
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Space Telescope Science Institute

Tonight's Sky: November 2020

Published 26th October 2020

In November, hunt for the fainter constellations of fall, including Pisces, Aries, and Triangulum. They will guide you to find several galaxies and a pair of white stars. Stay tuned for space-based views of spiral galaxy M74 and the Triangulum Galaxy, which are shown in visible, infrared, and ultraviolet light.

Related musical interlude

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bluegreen (27th October 2020), Sarah Rainsong (29th October 2020), william r sanford72 (30th October 2020)

19. Link to Post #30310
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Lowell Observatory

Sagas In The Sky | Orion

Sagas in the Sky explores some of the stories behind the stars in the night sky. In this episode, we look at the story of Orion, the Hunter.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bluegreen (27th October 2020), Sarah Rainsong (29th October 2020), william r sanford72 (30th October 2020)

21. Link to Post #30311
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

What Da Math? With Anton Petrov

Betelgeuse Distance Was Wrong & Other Surprising Discoveries

In this video Anton will talk about new discoveries and explanations that redefine our understanding of Betelgeuse.

Paper: https://arxiv.org/pdf/2006.09837.pdf

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Sarah Rainsong (29th October 2020), william r sanford72 (30th October 2020)

23. Link to Post #30312
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Science & Cocktails

Amina Helmi | Archeology With Stars

Published 27th October 2020

How do galaxies evolve? What was the formation history of the Milky Way? How can we tell? What do we know about the younger years of the Milky Way?

There are many billions of galaxies like the Milky Way in the Universe. Realizing this, we may not be in such a special galaxy after all. But it is the one we know best, as we can study it in much more detail than any other in the Universe.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Alecs (28th October 2020), Sarah Rainsong (29th October 2020), william r sanford72 (30th October 2020)

25. Link to Post #30313
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Learn The Sky

How To Find Perseus The Hero Constellation

Published 27th October 2020

Perseus is a beautiful constellation that can best be seen in the autumn sky and the early winter months in the northern hemisphere. It it known for its unique star clusters and its two brightest stars - Mirfak and Algol. The star known as Algol is a variable star, which means its brightness changes over the course of the night. Learn strategies to help you find Perseus and discover various mythologies that surround this ancient constellation.

Chapters:
    0:00 - Introduction to Perseus
    2:51 - Star Pattern of Perseus
    3:56 - Practice finding Perseus
    6:46 - Using Cassiopeia to find Perseus
    7:57 - Mythologies of Perseus (Babylonian Star Catalogs, Fixed Book of Stars, Greek Myth with Cepheus, Cassiopeia, Andromeda, and Cetus)
    10:56 - Review of Perseus
    12:24 - Photo Attributes

Visit https://twitter.com/David_A_Cocklin to see more amazing astrophotography photos. Thank you David for allowing me to use your photos of the Alpha Persei Star Cluster!

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bluegreen (29th October 2020), Sarah Rainsong (29th October 2020)

27. Link to Post #30314
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Space Weather Woman Tamitha Skov

Space Weather News | A Snake-Like Filament Erupts While A Solar Storm Rages

This week our Sun continues its upward climb in activity with multiple new bright regions on the Earth-facing disk, including a new sunspot region (region 2778). On top of this we finally had that massive snake-like filament that we first saw in STEREO-A's view on the far side of the Sun launch as a non-Earth directed solar storm. Plus, we are also in the middle of a solar storm due to the fast wind from the northern coronal hole. This storm, which will likely rage for a few more days before settling down, has already brought aurora down to mid-latitudes, and there is a good chance more is to come! Learn the details of the current storm conditions, see where that snake-like filament launch is headed, watch region 2778 emerge and learn what else our Sun has in store this week.

28. Link to Post #30315
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Suspicious Observers | Space News | 27th & 28th October 2020

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Alecs (28th October 2020), Bluegreen (29th October 2020)

30. Link to Post #30316
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Scott Manley

Why Can We See A Yellow Glow Surrounding The Earth In Space

You can see this yellow layer in the atmosphere in images taken from space, it's quite easy to catch when the skies are dark and the camera exposures are long enough. The glow comes from atomic sodium being excited and then re-emitting light in the 589 nanometer range, it's a colour we're familiar with becuase low pressure sodium lights are still commonly used for street lighting due to Sodium's efficiency.

31. Link to Post #30317
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Seán Doran

Heaven - The Inner Sound of Outer Space

Published 21st October 2020

Time-lapse photography from ISS converted to real-time video
    Based on ESRSU image archive / eol.jsc.nasa.gov

&

Far Above The World

Published 29th October 2020

Based on ESRSU image archive / eol.jsc.nasa.gov
    'Horizon I've Ever Seen Before' by Hiroshi Yoshimura

Last edited by Star Tsar; 29th October 2020 at 11:38.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bluegreen (29th October 2020)

33. Link to Post #30318
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Seeker

This Satellite Will Bring The Most Accurate Climate Data We’ve Ever Had

A SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket will soon be taking a historic satellite into orbit that could help us understand how climate change is affecting our seas.

For nearly 30 years, a host of U.S.-European satellites have been working together to gather climate data which has been instrumental in tracking big changes in climate phenomena like El Nino or monitoring ocean features like the Gulf Stream. But these satellites couldn’t capture tiny changes in these environments. And this is where Sentinel-6 mission comes in.

It’s part of the EU’s Copernicus program, the world’s largest Earth monitoring system, which has worked to measure the environment and the role human-caused climate change is having on it.

The mission is made up of two identical satellites: Sentinel-6 Michael Freilich which takes off in November 2020, and Sentinel-6B that launches in 2025.

It’s an international effort between NASA, the European Space Agency, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, the European Organization for the Exploitation of Meteorological Satellites, and France's National Centre for Space Studies.

Read More:

Sentinel-6: Charting sea level for Copernicus
    https://www.esa.int/Applications/Obs...cus/Sentinel-6
    "With global mean sea level rising because of climate change, Copernicus Sentinel-6 is the next radar altimetry reference mission to extend the legacy of sea-surface height measurements until at least 2030."

Behind the Spacecraft – Sentinel-6 Michael Freilich – Sea Level Scout
    https://youtu.be/3_lbADMwD7A
    "Meet some of the talented people behind Sentinel-6 Michael Freilich and get to know the satellite."

Modeling Sea Level Rise
    https://www.nature.com/scitable/know...rise-25857988/
    "To understand sea-level change at a particular coast, we must know the sum of global, regional and local trends related to changing ocean and land levels."

Last edited by Star Tsar; 29th October 2020 at 11:38.

34. Link to Post #30319
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

What Da Math? With Anton Petrov

Rogue Planet Similar to Earth Found Traveling In Our Galaxy

Published 28th October 2020

In this video Anton will talk about the discovery of a rogue planet that seems to possess similar mass to our own planet Earth.

Paper: https://arxiv.org/pdf/2009.12377.pdf

&

We May Have Found The Cosmic Strings - Or Some Other Gravitational Mystery

In this video Anton will talk about the first evidence of the potential discovery of the mysterious cosmic strings.
    Paper: https://arxiv.org/pdf/2009.06607.pdf
    Paper: https://arxiv.org/pdf/2009.04496.pdf
    Paper: https://arxiv.org/pdf/astro-ph/0406434.pdf
    Site: http://nanograv.org/research/
    Figure: https://plos.figshare.com/articles/_...terns_/1494133

Last edited by Star Tsar; 29th October 2020 at 11:37.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Sarah Rainsong (29th October 2020)

36. Link to Post #30320
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

APOD Podcast

The Ghoul Of IC 2118

In today's image, we see a reflection nebula in the constellation of Orion - near the bright star Rigel (not visible in this image.) This is caused by light from the star reflecting off dust grains and in this case, gives it a ghoulish Halloween appearance.

37. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Sarah Rainsong (4th November 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1516 of 1822 FirstFirst 1 516 1016 1416 1466 1506 1516 1526 1566 1616 1822 LastLast