+ Reply to Thread
Page 1159 of 1822 FirstFirst 1 159 659 1059 1109 1149 1159 1169 1209 1259 1659 1822 LastLast
Results 23,161 to 23,180 of 36431

Thread: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

1. Link to Post #23161
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,691 times in 13,806 posts

Default Re: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

Deep Astronomy

New Results From Gravitational-Wave Astronomy & NASA’s Suite Of Observatories

Published 16th November 2017

What were 20% of the astronomers and observatories in the world doing on August 25, 2017? Coordinating observations for the fifth gravitational wave event! One of the most exciting astrophysics results of the past few years has been the detection of gravitational waves and light across the electromagnetic spectrum from the merger of two neutron stars in a nearby galaxy. These observations by the LIGO/Virgo gravitational wave network and dozens of space- and ground-based telescopes represents new capabilities for joint discoveries in multi-messenger astronomy. Please join our regular hosts, Tony Darnell, Alberto Conti, and Harley Thronson, as they discuss with Drs. Judy Racusin, Tito Dal Canton, and Brad Cenko, all of NASA Goddard Space Flight Center the recent ‘multi-messenger’ observation of merging neutron stars and possibilities of future joint observations of merging massive objects in space.

I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

fourty-two (17th November 2017), Foxie Loxie (17th November 2017), william r sanford72 (17th November 2017)

3. Link to Post #23162
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

NASA Goddard

How Solar Flares Affect Earth

A team of scientists led by Laura Hayes –a solar physicist who splits her time between NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center and Trinity College in Dublin, Ireland – investigated a connection between solar flares and Earth's atmosphere. They discovered pulses in the electrified layer of the atmosphere – called the ionosphere – mirrored X-ray oscillations during a July 24, 2016 flare.

Read all about it here: https://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddard...-sun-and-earth

&

NASA JPL

Lava Or Not, Exoplanet 55 Cancri e Likely To Have Atmosphere

Twice as big as Earth, the super-Earth 55 Cancri e was thought to have lava flows on its surface. The planet is so close to its star, the same side of the planet always faces the star, such that the planet has permanent day and night sides. Based on a 2016 study using data from NASA's Spitzer Space Telescope, scientists speculated that lava would flow freely in lakes on the starlit side and become hardened on the face of perpetual darkness. The lava on the dayside would reflect radiation from the star, contributing to the overall observed temperature of the planet.

Read all about it here: https://www.nasa.gov/feature/jpl/lav...ave-atmosphere
    Last edited by Star Tsar; 17th November 2017 at 04:19.
    I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

fourty-two (17th November 2017), Foxie Loxie (17th November 2017), william r sanford72 (17th November 2017)

5. Link to Post #23163
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Geoengineering Watch

Weather Terrorists Control The Climate

Climate engineering is nothing short of weather and biological warfare. Not only are our skies being constantly saturated with highly toxic climate engineering elements, extremely powerful and harmful radio frequency / microwave transmissions are being utilized to manipulate these materials (and thus, the weather / climate). How can we know for certain that RF / microwave transmissions are being used to control weather and precipitation? From satellite imagery animations that prove the manipulation beyond any reasonable doubt. This 6 minute video contains extremely compelling and inarguable footage of radio frequency / microwave weather manipulation that has just been captured. The ongoing global geoengineering insanity continues to decimate the biosphere, human health, and the entire web of life. The effort to expose and halt this insanity will take all of us. Waking others up to the critical climate engineering issue by sharing credible data from a credible source is the most effective strategy in this battle. Make your voice heard. Dane Wigington

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bluegreen (17th November 2017), fourty-two (17th November 2017), Foxie Loxie (17th November 2017), Michelle Marie (18th November 2017), william r sanford72 (17th November 2017)

7. Link to Post #23164
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Dutchsinse & SpectroNet

Global Earthquake Forecast | Southern California On Earthquake Watch

Key for understanding globe diagram

Marker height off the globe = depth into the Earth.

When an earthquake strikes, you will hear a rumble, ding, and a bell toll. The bell will toll the number of times = to the earthquake which occurs. (example : M4.0 will ring 4 times).

The most recent earthquake has a green placemark / flag on it.

Blue flag / placemark = the last earthquake which was looked up

Post updated to include:

&

Spectro Net

Earthquake & Volcano Monitor Livestream

Stream started 15th November 2017

Last edited by Star Tsar; 17th November 2017 at 23:21.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (17th November 2017), Michelle Marie (18th November 2017), william r sanford72 (17th November 2017)

9. Link to Post #23165
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Meteoroides.net

Very Bright Leonid Meteor | Spain | 17th November 2017 @ 5:11 UT

Published 17th November 2017

On Nov. 17, at 6:11 local time (5:11 universal time) a very bright Leonid meteor was spotted over Spain. The event was produced by a fragment from Comet Temple-Tuttle that hit the atmosphere at about 260.000 km/h. The event begun at an altitude of around 139 km over the province of Cuenca and ended at a height of about 88 km. It was recorded in the framework of the SMART Project (University of Huelva) from the astronomical observatories of La Hita (Toledo), Calar Alto (Almería), La Sagra (Granada), Huelva and Sevilla.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

fourty-two (17th November 2017), Foxie Loxie (19th November 2017), Michelle Marie (18th November 2017), Tibouchine (18th November 2017), william r sanford72 (17th November 2017)

11. Link to Post #23166
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Warner Brothers

Rampage

Dwayne Johnson headlines the action adventure “Rampage,” directed by Brad Peyton. Primatologist Davis Okoye (Johnson), a man who keeps people at a distance, shares an unshakable bond with George, the extraordinarily intelligent, silverback gorilla who has been in his care since birth. But a rogue genetic experiment gone awry mutates this gentle ape into a raging creature of enormous size. To make matters worse, it’s soon discovered there are other similarly altered animals. As these newly created alpha predators tear across North America, destroying everything in their path, Okoye teams with a discredited genetic engineer to secure an antidote, fighting his way through an ever-changing battlefield, not only to halt a global catastrophe but to save the fearsome creature that was once his friend. “Rampage” also stars Oscar nominee Naomie Harris (“Moonlight”), Malin Akerman (TV’s “Billions”), Jake Lacy (TV’s “Girls”), Joe Manganiello (TV’s “True Blood”) and Jeffrey Dean Morgan (TV’s “The Walking Dead”); as well as P.J. Byrne (“The Wolf of Wall Street”), Marley Shelton (“Solace”), Breanne Hill (“San Andreas”), Jack Quaid (“The Hunger Games: Catching Fire”), and Matt Gerald (TV’s “Daredevil”). Peyton directs from a screenplay by Ryan Engle and Carlton Cuse & Ryan J. Condal and Adam Sztykiel, story by Ryan Engle, based on the video game Rampage. “Rampage is produced by Beau Flynn, John Rickard, Brad Peyton and Hiram Garcia. It marks the third collaboration between Johnson, Peyton and Flynn, following the blockbuster hit “San Andreas.” Serving as executive producers are Marcus Viscidi, Dwayne Johnson, Dany Garcia, Jeff Fierson, Toby Emmerich, Richard Brener and Michael Disco, with Wendy Jacobson co-producing. The creative team includes production designer Barry Chusid (“San Andreas”), director of photography Jaron Presant (2nd unit, “Star Wars: The Last Jedi”), editor Jim May (“Goosebumps”) and costume designer Melissa Bruning (“Dawn of the Planet of the Apes”). Music will be composed by Andrew Lockington, who created the scores for “San Andreas” and “Journey 2: The Mysterious Island.” The “Rampage” creatures are brought to life by acclaimed VFX supervisor Colin Strause (“San Andreas,” “X-Men: Apocalypse”), with five-time Academy Award-winning visual effects company Weta Digital (“The Lord of the Rings” Trilogy, “Dawn of the Planet of the Apes”). “Rampage” opens in theaters beginning April 20, 2018.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Harley (18th November 2017), Michelle Marie (18th November 2017), william r sanford72 (17th November 2017)

13. Link to Post #23167
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Nemesis Maturity

Leonid Meteor Shower 2017

The famous Leonid meteor shower is predicted to reach its peak in the predawn hours on Nov. 17-18. Weather permitting, observing conditions will be perfect: There's a new moon on Saturday, which means that the sky will be dark with no hindrance whatsoever from moonlight.

Sometimes the Leonid meteor shower arrives as a storm of meteors producing more than 1,000 "shooting stars" per hour. (During the strongest outbursts in 1799, 1833, 1866 and 1966, spectacular displays exceeded 1,000 meteors per minute!)

The Leonid meteor shower is an extremely variable event that happens every year when Earth's orbit crosses a trail of comet crumbs left behind by Comet Tempel-Tuttle.

Earth meets these meteors head-on because they are traveling through space in a direction opposite to that of our home planet. As a result, they streak through our sky at ultraswift speeds of up to 45 miles per second (72 kilometers per second). About half of them leave visible trains that, in the most extreme cases, can persist for many seconds.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (19th November 2017), Michelle Marie (18th November 2017), william r sanford72 (19th November 2017)

15. Link to Post #23168
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Suspicious Observers News | 17th November 2017 | Meteors, Cosmic Plasma, Mars Mission

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (19th November 2017), Michelle Marie (18th November 2017), william r sanford72 (19th November 2017)

17. Link to Post #23169
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Thunderbolts Project

Space News | Top 10 Reasons The Universe Is Electric: #5 Pulsars

Reason One: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZnfNuXiExQ
    Reason Two: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBnSX6i349M
    Reason Three: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMWfbIQ-hi4
    Reason Four: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IW6ss_sQNvE

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (19th November 2017), william r sanford72 (19th November 2017)

19. Link to Post #23170
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Astronomy Cast

Episode 466 | The Origins Of Zero

Dr Pamela Gay & Fraser Cain discuss making origins of the number zero & it's use in astronomy....

Supporting Link: https://www.smithsonianmag.com/histo...ero-180953392/ & https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...origin-of-zer/ & https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...story-of-zero/

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

william r sanford72 (19th November 2017)

21. Link to Post #23171
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

SciShow Space News

A Zombie Star That Just Won't Die

What exactly is a ‘Zombie Star,’ and how does it compare to other stars and supernovas? We’ve also learned more about how the haze over Pluto plays a role in its temperature.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

23. Link to Post #23172
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

TMRO

SpacePod | Enceladus' Ocean Is Pretty Old

Many would advocate than when it comes to people, it's not what's on the outside that counts, it's what's on the inside of them that matters the most. And Enceladus, a moon of Saturn, is turning out to be an excellent real-life example of this idea.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

25. Link to Post #23173
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

DenverPost.com

Who’s Minding The Store On Satellites & Space Junk?

In 2020, scientists from the University of Colorado’s Boulder campus will ship a shoe-box-sized satellite into Earth’s orbit to monitor enormous gaseous planets whose evaporating atmospheres trail along like comet tails. Once it’s deployed by NASA, let’s hope nothing smashes into it — or that it doesn’t smash into something else.

Read all about it here: http://www.denverpost.com/2017/11/17...nd-space-junk/

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bluegreen (18th November 2017), fourty-two (18th November 2017), Foxie Loxie (19th November 2017), william r sanford72 (19th November 2017)

27. Link to Post #23174
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

ScienceDaily.com

Interstellar Space Probes: Where's The Brakes?

With a miniaturized space probe capable of being accelerated to a quarter of the speed of light, we could reach Alpha Centauri, our nearest star, in 20 to 50 years. However, without a mechanism to slow it down, the space probe could only collect data from the star and its planets as it zoomed past. A theoretical physicist has now examined whether interstellar spacecraft can be decelerated using 'magnetic sails'.

Read all about it here: https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...1117141751.htm

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

fourty-two (18th November 2017), Foxie Loxie (19th November 2017), william r sanford72 (19th November 2017)

29. Link to Post #23175
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

ScienceTrends.com

The Impact History Of Asteroids Revealed In Cosmic Dust

The asteroid belt is a collection of approximately 300,000 objects greater than 1km in diameter. These solar system “small bodies” sit between Mars and Jupiter at approximately 2.2-3.2 astronomical units from the Sun.

The asteroid belt is composed of a diverse array of materials including protoplanets – that is early-formed aggregations of solar system condensates, which acted as the building blocks for later planets; larger and partially differentiated planetesimals – essentially small planets, the vast majority of which have since been smashed apart and captured icy comets, collected from the outer solar system.

Read all about it here: https://sciencetrends.com/impact-his...d-cosmic-dust/

Scientific paper: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/1...aps.12927/full
    Last edited by Star Tsar; 17th November 2017 at 22:12.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

fourty-two (18th November 2017), Foxie Loxie (19th November 2017), william r sanford72 (19th November 2017)

31. Link to Post #23176
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Bart Sibrel

NASA Engineer's Admission

Genius German moon rocket designer, Wernher von Braun, had this to say about the mathematical facts required to reach the moon in his forgotten published book "Voyage to the Moon" . . . “It is commonly (and falsely) believed that men will fly directly from the Earth to the moon, but to do this we would require a vehicle of such gigantic proportions that it would prove an economic impossibility. CALCULATIONS HAVE BEEN CAREFULLY WORKED OUT on the type of vehicle we would need for the (theoretical) nonstop flight from the Earth to the moon and to return. THE FIGURES SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES: THREE rockets would be necessary, EACH rocket ship would (need to) be TALLER THAN THE EMPIRE STATE BUILDING (1250 FEET) and weigh about TEN TIMES the tonnage of the Queen Mary (or some 800,000 TONS).” The “moon rocket" the United States Government could afford weighed just 2500 tons (a difference of 32,000 percent) and was just 363 feet tall . . . and there was just one of them, rather than the THREE required. Furthermore, Braun went on to say that a Space Station MUST be constructed BEFORE a manned mission to the moon, from which to ferry the three rockets with the necessary extra fuel, needed to reach to the moon and return. (The International Space Station was not completed until 2011.) Braun further INSISTED that after once landing on the moon, crews would have to find or dig a cave in which to shelter themselves from thousands of micrometeorites per hour hitting the moon’s surface traveling at speeds in excess of 20,000 miles per hour, which would inevitably puncture the spacecraft, as well as the astronaut’s spacesuit, causing catastrophic, and fatal, environmental decompression. This, of course, like the other requirements, was NEVER DONE. When the government told the man in charge of the “moon rocket" to adjust his numbers “a little bit” to reflect a fictitious way to reach the moon with the available resources and technology of the time, he immediately, and obediently, dramatically recanted on his previously INDISPUTABLE figures which "SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES" and had been "CAREFULLY WORKED OUT". Did I mention that this man in charge of the “moon” program’s authenticity, Wernher von Braun, was a former World War Two Nazi whom our own government’s State Department is on the record for saying that, had he not prematurely died shortly after the “moon missions", he would have been immediately thereafter indicted for War Crimes for overseeing the genocide, and the cover-up thereof, of hundreds of innocent people during the war? This threat of blackmail was obviously used to gain his obedient submission to the government deception and his “adjustment” of IRREFUTABLE mathematical calculations. BOTH rocket and fuel calculations could not be true AT THE SAME TIME, thusly Von Braun caved to political pressure from the United States government, or he was a highly incompetent mathematician, being in error of fuel calculations by a factor of 32,000 PERCENT. If the latter, how could such a fool get us to the moon on the VERY FIRST ATTEMPT with 1960’s technology in the first place, when the feat cannot even be repeated TODAY with FIFTY YEARS more advancements in rockets and computers?

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

33. Link to Post #23177
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Coast To Coast AM

Annalee Newitz - Future Technology | Seth Shostak - The Search For Extraterrestrial Intelligence

Aired 16th November 2017 | Published 17th November 2017

Journalist, editor, and author of both fiction and nonfiction, Annalee Newitz, is the recipient of a Knight Science Journalism Fellowship from MIT and has written for Popular Science, Wired, and the San Francisco Bay Guardian, and is Tech Culture Editor at the site Ars Technica. In the first half, she discussed the most exciting developments in robotics and artificial intelligence, (AI) and how they will change how we live. In the second half, astronomer Seth Shostak spoke about his continued work in the Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence (SETI); the importance of new planet discoveries; the nature of alien life and all things astronomy and life in space.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (19th November 2017)

35. Link to Post #23178
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Ancient Astronaut Arguments

Palenque Astronaut Revisited - King Pakal's Tomb

1414 years ago, amid a dense jungle of cedar, mahogany, and sapodilla trees, a Mayan king was born in Palenque, which is the modern-day State of Chiapas, Mexico. Born in 603 CE, and dying eighty years later after a reign of 68 years, K’inich Janaab Pakal I was considered the greatest king of Palenque. His reign was the longest known regnal period in the ancient America’s and the 30th longest in all the world to date. Commonly known as King Pacal (which means 'shield'), he is famous for transforming the city of Palenque into a great power through his building projects in the city (namely the Temple of the Inscriptions). But…perhaps his number one claim to fame in modern times is his elaborately carved sarcophagus lid. .

Related musical interlude:

Last edited by Star Tsar; 18th November 2017 at 04:55.

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bluegreen (18th November 2017), Foxie Loxie (19th November 2017), william r sanford72 (19th November 2017)

37. Link to Post #23179
    Language
    Romanian
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,572 times in 1,716 posts

Quote Posted by Star Tsar (here)
    DenverPost.com

Who’s Minding The Store On Satellites & Space Junk?

In 2020, scientists from the University of Colorado’s Boulder campus will ship a shoe-box-sized satellite into Earth’s orbit to monitor enormous gaseous planets whose evaporating atmospheres trail along like comet tails. Once it’s deployed by NASA, let’s hope nothing smashes into it — or that it doesn’t smash into something else.

Read all about it here: http://www.denverpost.com/2017/11/17...nd-space-junk/
    "Your planet is forbidden for an open visit - extremely aggressive social environment,despite almost perfect climatic conditions.Almost 4 billion violent deaths for the last 5000 years and about 15000 major military conflicts in the same period."

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to EFO For This Post:

Bluegreen (18th November 2017), Foxie Loxie (19th November 2017), Star Tsar (18th November 2017), william r sanford72 (19th November 2017)

39. Link to Post #23180
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Dutchsinse & SpectroNet

Global Earthquake Forecast | Large Earthquake In China

Key for understanding globe diagram

Marker height off the globe = depth into the Earth.

When an earthquake strikes, you will hear a rumble, ding, and a bell toll. The bell will toll the number of times = to the earthquake which occurs. (example : M4.0 will ring 4 times).

The most recent earthquake has a green placemark / flag on it.

Blue flag / placemark = the last earthquake which was looked up

&

Spectro Net

Earthquake & Volcano Monitor Livestream

Stream started 15th November 2017

Last edited by Star Tsar; 19th November 2017 at 11:06.

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1159 of 1822 FirstFirst 1 159 659 1059 1109 1149 1159 1169 1209 1259 1659 1822 LastLast