+ Reply to Thread
Page 1522 of 1822 FirstFirst 1 522 1022 1422 1472 1512 1522 1532 1572 1622 1822 LastLast
Results 30,421 to 30,440 of 36440

Thread: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

1. Link to Post #30421
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,691 times in 13,806 posts

Default Re: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

Asteroid Station

Asteroid (2000 WO107)

Published 20th November 2020

An exceptionally large asteroid will be passing by close to Earth on November 29, 2020, around 05:08 UTC. The asteroid is estimated to be between 370 meters to 820 meters... Asteroid (2000 WO107) 153201

I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bluegreen (23rd November 2020), Lunesoleil (25th November 2020), skogvokter (23rd November 2020), william r sanford72 (24th November 2020)

3. Link to Post #30422
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

BBC.co.uk

The Indonesian Meteorite Which Didn't Sell For $1.8m

Published 22nd November 2020

The story made headlines around the world - a meteorite crashes through the roof of an Indonesian villager's home and turns out be worth millions, changing his life forever.

It was suggested that the find was worth $1.8m (£1.36m), making the man an overnight millionaire - and if he wasn't, they debated whether he'd been short-changed selling it to US buyers.

But neither of those things is true. The meteorite is not worth millions, and no-one has been ripped off.

This dream come true is not quite as it first seemed.

Read all about it here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-55013725
    I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bluegreen (23rd November 2020), william r sanford72 (24th November 2020)

5. Link to Post #30423
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Maritime-Executive.com

Australian Research Vessel Captures Footage Of Giant Meteor

Last week, the Australian government research vessel RV Investigator was in just the right place at just the right time to capture video footage of a giant meteor breaking up over the Tasman Sea.

The footage, which was captured by the ship's livestream camera, shows an exceptionally bright meteor crossing the sky in front of the ship and then breaking up over the ocean.

Though recorded in black and white, the meteor was actually bright green. It was spotted by the bridge crew and reported to the science staff on board. They were amazed to find that the meteor had been captured perfectly by the ship's livestream camera, which beams live footage from the ship 24/7.

Read all about it here: https://maritime-executive.com/artic...f-giant-meteor

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bluegreen (23rd November 2020), Brigantia (20th December 2020), Ivanhoe (25th November 2020), skogvokter (23rd November 2020), Sue (Ayt) (4th December 2020), TelosianEmbrace (6th December 2020), william r sanford72 (24th November 2020)

7. Link to Post #30424
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Star Tsar (here)
    Scott Manley

Snapped Cable Damages Arecibo Observatory Radio Telescope

Published 13th August 2020

The Arecibo Radio Telescope is one of the most famous astronomical observatories in the world, and for a long time was the world's largest. On Monday night a support cable snapped and fell into the reflector dish, damaging the reflector panels, it also crashed into the side of the gregorian dome which includes the secondard and tertiary reflectors.

Scott Manley

Worlds Largest Radar Astronomy Dish To Be Demolished!

Published 21st November 2020

The iconic Arecibo observatory has suffered a second cable break and now the engineers who were trying to reinforce the structure think that it's no longer safe to try and save the structure. The National Science Foundation which has been funding the installation for decades have decided to authorize demolition of the historic structure to avoid damage to other parts of the facility.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Ami (24th November 2020), Ivanhoe (25th November 2020), william r sanford72 (23rd November 2020)

9. Link to Post #30425
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Space Telescope Science Institute

Tonight's Sky: December 2020

Published 23rd November 2020

Step outside on a cold December night when the stars shine bright to find the Big Dipper, Cassiopeia, and Cepheus. They will help you locate a binary star system, a fan-shaped open star cluster, and a variable star. Stay tuned for space-based views of a ragged spiral galaxy, an open star cluster, and an edge-on galaxy.

Related musical interlude

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bluegreen (23rd November 2020), Ivanhoe (25th November 2020), skogvokter (23rd November 2020), william r sanford72 (23rd November 2020)

11. Link to Post #30426
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Lowell Observatory

Sagas In The Sky | Canis Major & Canis Minor

Published 21st November 2020

Sagas in the Sky explores some of the stories behind the celestial objects in the night sky. In this episode, we look at the constellations Canis Major and Canis Minor, the Greater and Lesser Dogs.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bluegreen (23rd November 2020), william r sanford72 (24th November 2020)

13. Link to Post #30427
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Dr Maggie Lieu

Why The Skies Are Slowly Getting Darker

This week Dr Lieu answers a question from Yasmina Eberhardt, Which is: In the future with the expansion of the Universe when the stars and galaxies have are too distant to see, will astronomers still find evidence of the Universe?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

william r sanford72 (24th November 2020)

15. Link to Post #30428
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bluegreen (24th November 2020), skogvokter (23rd November 2020), william r sanford72 (23rd November 2020)

17. Link to Post #30429
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Geoengineering Watch

Global Alert News | Episode 276

The holidays are nearly upon us, complete with CV-19 and its related protocols. How is Thanksgiving going to go for the many that have been waiting in food lines, often for hours at a time? The polarization of populations is being fed by corporate media, the scripted distractions have kept the public's eyes off of the wider horizon. The rapidly accelerating meltdown of the polar regions is triggering mass methane release scenarios, especially in the Arctic. If our atmosphere becomes saturated with this highly effective heat trapping gas, how much time would we have left? How big a part has geoengineering played in all that is unfolding.

Supporting link: https://www.geoengineeringwatch.org/...r-21-2020-276/

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Hym (15th December 2020), william r sanford72 (1st December 2020)

19. Link to Post #30430
    France Avalon Member Lunesoleil's Avatar
    Language
    uses a translator
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,400 times in 1,199 posts

Asteroid Station

Asteroid (2000 WO107)

An exceptionally large asteroid will be passing by close to Earth on November 29, 2020, around 05:08 UTC. The asteroid is estimated to be between 370 meters to 820 meters... Asteroid (2000 WO107) 153201
    thanks for the info, for can follow the asteroid HERE

impressive the speed of the asteroid in the sign of Leo on November 29th and in Cancer on November 30th, Wow, It deserves an article on my blog ...

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Lunesoleil For This Post:

Star Tsar (20th December 2020)

21. Link to Post #30431
    England Avalon Member Did You See Them's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,887 times in 1,036 posts

"Black 'sand-like' asteroid dust found in box from Japan probe"

Black sandy dust found in a capsule brought to Earth by a Japanese space probe is from the distant asteroid Ryugu, scientists confirmed after opening it on Monday.

The discovery comes a week after the Hayabusa-2 probe dropped off its capsule, which entered the atmosphere in a streak of light before landing in the Australian desert and then being transported to Japan.

The Japanese space agency (JAXA) released a picture of a small deposit of sooty material inside the metal box -- a first glimpse at the results of an unprecedented six-year mission for the unmanned probe.

The dust was found in the capsule's outer shell, agency officials said, with more substantial samples expected to be found when they open the inner container, a delicate task.

"JAXA has confirmed that samples derived from the asteroid Ryugu are inside the sample container," the agency said.

"We were able to confirm black, sand-like particles which are believed to be derived from the asteroid Ryugu."

Hayabusa-2 travelled about 300 million kilometres (200 million miles) from Earth to collect the samples, which scientists hope could help shed light on the origin of life and the formation of the universe.

The probe collected both surface dust and pristine material from below the surface that was stirred up by firing an "impactor" into the asteroid.

"We will continue our work to open the sample-catcher within the sample container. Extraction of the sample and analysis of it will be carried out," JAXA said.

Half of Hayabusa-2's samples will be shared between JAXA, US space agency NASA and other international organisations, and the rest kept for future study as advances are made in analytic technology.

But work is not over for the probe, which will now begin an extended mission targeting two new asteroids.

https://www.france24.com/en/live-new...om-japan-probe

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Did You See Them For This Post:

Bluegreen (16th December 2020), Hym (15th December 2020), Star Tsar (20th December 2020), william r sanford72 (14th December 2020)

23. Link to Post #30432
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,222 times in 1,147 posts

Eigenbros

Salvatore Cezar Pais' UFO Technology Patents

Published 22nd November 2019

Terence & Juan analyze the strange patents by Naval scientist Salvatore Cezar Pais. Specifically they look at the physics of an intertial mass reduction device.

There's some more details on Salvatore Pais work here:

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zon...lted-in-a-demo

The patent for 'Craft Using an Inertial Mass Reduction Device.' makes it clear the the US govt holds the intellectual and thus commercial rights.

Incidentally, does this name, Salvatore Cezar Pais strike anyone as rather loaded in symbolism?

Salvatore - Saviour
    Cezar - Of Caesar
    Pais - Land

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Journeyman For This Post:

Jayke (24th January 2021), mountain_jim (24th January 2021), Star Tsar (20th December 2020), william r sanford72 (18th December 2020)

25. Link to Post #30433
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,094 times in 3,488 posts

Alien Hunters Discover Mysterious Signal from Proxima Centauri

Strange radio transmissions appear to be coming from our nearest star system; now scientists are trying to work out what is sending them

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...xima-centauri/

It’s never aliens, until it is. Today, news leaked in the British newspaper The Guardian of a mysterious signal coming from the closest star to our own, Proxima Centauri, a star too dim to see from Earth with the naked eye that is nevertheless a cosmic stone’s throw away at just 4.2 light-years. Found this autumn in archival data gathered last year, the signal appears to emanate from the direction of our neighboring star and cannot yet be dismissed as Earth-based interference, raising the very faint prospect that it is a transmission from some form of advanced extraterrestrial intelligence (ETI)—a so-called “technosignature.” Now, speaking to Scientific American, the scientists behind the discovery caution there is still much work to be done, but admit the interest is justified. “It has some particular properties that caused it to pass many of our checks, and we cannot yet explain it,” says Andrew Siemion from the University of California, Berkeley.

Most curiously, it occupies a very narrow band of the radio spectrum: 982 megahertz, specifically, which is a region typically bereft of transmissions from human-made satellites and spacecraft. “We don’t know of any natural way to compress electromagnetic energy into a single bin in frequency” such as this one, Siemion says. Perhaps, he says, some as-yet-unknown exotic quirk of plasma physics could be a natural explanation for the tantalizingly concentrated radio waves. But “for the moment, the only source that we know of is technological.”

The detection was made by a $100 million project called Breakthrough Listen, led by Siemion and funded by tech billionaire Yuri Milner under the umbrella of Milner’s Breakthrough Initiatives. The goal of this multiyear endeavor—which began in 2015 with a star-studded announcement attended by Stephen Hawking and other space-science luminaries—is to buy observing time on radio telescopes around the world to search the skies for evidence of technological civilizations. That pursuit, of course, is more commonly known as the Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence (SETI). To date, no such evidence has conclusively been found despite more than a half century of modest-but-steady SETI activity, with any potential signals almost always ruled out as originating from satellites orbiting Earth or other human-caused interference.

Story continues here.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

Star Tsar (20th December 2020), william r sanford72 (19th December 2020)

27. Link to Post #30434
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Apologies for my absence, I have had major works happening in my home & I could not manage to post.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

aoibhghaire (20th December 2020), Bluegreen (20th December 2020), Hym (20th December 2020), william r sanford72 (20th December 2020)

29. Link to Post #30435
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Suspicious Observers | Space News | 20th December 2020 | Magnetic Pole Motion, Tornados of Electricity

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bluegreen (20th December 2020), william r sanford72 (20th December 2020)

31. Link to Post #30436
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Geoengineering Watch

Global Alert News | Episode 220

Published 19th December 2020

Pfizer executives don’t seem willing to take their own creations, they want others to take them first. Why? In the meantime governments around the world are laying out their strategies for pressuring public acceptance of various experimental vaccines in spite of increasing safety concerns. Cascading climate and environmental collapse continues to fuel unprecedented desperation on the part of the controllers. More science sources are beginning to acknowledge the looming Earth changes, though such sources often falsely blame Nature for what is unfolding. A stunning recent example of diversionary disinformation is a “science” report that blames the unfolding methane release crisis in the Arctic on the influence of the moon. The report made no mention of the ongoing geoengineering operations that are actually at the core of the equation. How long will the “science” community continue with their efforts to cover the tracks of the climate engineers?

Supporting link: https://www.geoengineeringwatch.org/...r-19-2020-280/

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Hym (20th December 2020)

33. Link to Post #30437
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Seán Doran

Awesome Aurora!

Time-lapse photography of aurora from ISS converted to real-time video
    Based on ESRSU image archive / eol.jsc.nasa.gov
    'Mer-Ka-Ba' by Jesse Gallagher / https://youtube.com/nightimegallagher

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Hym (20th December 2020)

35. Link to Post #30438
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

European Space Agency

Earth From Space: Lapland, Finland

Published 18th December 2020

The Copernicus Sentinel-2 mission takes us to Lapland, the largest and northernmost region of Finland, just in time for Christmas, in the last edition of the Earth from Space programme for 2020.

Download the image: https://www.esa.int/var/esa/storage/...nd_pillars.jpg

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Hym (20th December 2020), william r sanford72 (20th December 2020)

37. Link to Post #30439
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

What Da Math? With Anton Petrov

Signs Of Nearby Supernovae Affecting Planet Earth

Published 17th December 2020

In this video Anton will talk about a recent discovery of signs of supernovae in various samples using carbon dating.

Paper: https://www.cambridge.org/core/journ...A720A08D13F40C
    Carbon Dating Game: https://phet.colorado.edu/sims/cheer...ve-dating-game

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Hym (20th December 2020), william r sanford72 (20th December 2020), wondering (20th December 2020)

39. Link to Post #30440
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Lowell Observatory

Sagas In The Sky | The Moon

Sagas in the Sky explores some of the stories behind the celestial objects in the night sky. In this episode, we look at stories connected to the Moon.

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bluegreen (20th December 2020), Hym (20th December 2020), william r sanford72 (20th December 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1522 of 1822 FirstFirst 1 522 1022 1422 1472 1512 1522 1532 1572 1622 1822 LastLast