+ Reply to Thread
Page 1458 of 1822 FirstFirst 1 458 958 1358 1408 1448 1458 1468 1508 1558 1822 LastLast
Results 29,141 to 29,160 of 36437

Thread: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

1. Link to Post #29141
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,691 times in 13,806 posts

Default Re: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

Randall Carlson Podcast

Kosmographia Episode 11 | Younger Dryas Boundary Catastrophe: Extinction Of Megafauna

Published 30th March 2020

Mr Carlson transitions into the first stages of the many-tiered discussions that will follow regarding the period that Plato pegged long ago as the time when the fabled Atlantis was destroyed – what scientists now refer to as the Younger-Dryas Boundary or Pleistocene/Holocene transition, when many sudden shifts to life and the planet are documented. He then displays some of the monstrous bestiary that lived through the Pleistocene Ice Age cycles, but all of these mega-mammal or "megafauna" species went extinct, along with many others, and the Clovis culture too, 11-13 thousand years ago.

&

Kosmographia Episode 12 | Younger Dryas Boundary Extinction: Ice, Humans, Catastrophic Floods

Mr Carlson and crew continue to introduce the conditions and difficulties for life and the planet during the Pleistocene-Holocene transition - popularly referred to as the Younger-Dryas Boundary. They continue to evaluate the extinction of the mega-mammals at the Younger-Dryas Boundary, bringing in 19th century scientific journal articles that spell out the findings and evaluations in direct terms – making it clear that the way the animals were killed and the sheer quantity of the remains puts the question beyond the possibility of human hunters and into the broad realm of global catastrophe.

&

Kosmographia Episode 13 | Younger Dryas Boundary Extinction: Catastrophic Extinctions

Published 31st March 2020

RC talks about Taurids, more on the Younger Dryas Boundary (YDB) megafauna extinction, and the "Great 5" previous massive events, then some of the effects on civilization if another similar event happened today. We've been charmed with the Holocene's extended warm and stable climate, but we've still been through shifts that have stressed and modified our advancements. RC also shares graphs showing the sudden decline of the Clovis Culture. RC defines the Quaternary period and shows some of the taphonomic circumstances in which mammoth and other megafauna remains have been found, observing that they all were preserved due to sudden and catastrophic burial, as described vividly and dramatically by anthropologist/explorer Frank C. Hibben.

Last edited by Star Tsar; 2nd April 2020 at 16:26.
    I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

william r sanford72 (31st March 2020)

3. Link to Post #29142
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Star Tsar (here)
    Dr Maggie Lieu

Is Covid-19 A Space Virus?

Published 29th March 2020

In the midst of the global Coronavirus pandemic, some people are claiming that Covid19 originates from space. Is this true? and if so how does it work? In this week's video, I'll be talking about space viruses.

Extra reading:
    Wickramasinghe+2003:
    https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...440-X/fulltext

Steele+2020:
    https://www.panspermia.org/steeleetallancet2020.pdf

As mentioned by Dr Lieu

Brothers Of The Serpent

Dr. Chandra Wickramasinghe

A discussion with Dr. Chandra Wickramasinghe about panspermia and the cosmic origins of life, and how evidence has been building for decades that space itself may contain a "micro-biome" consisting of vast numbers of single-cell life forms and viruses, and that these are constantly raining down upon the earth, changing and affecting life here on the planet, and possibly contributing to evolutionary changes throughout the history of life on earth.

We also talk about how this cosmic distribution of life in the universe may have caused the sudden onset of plagues and sicknesses throughout history, and that it may be the origin of the current viral crisis the world is facing in the form of COVID19.

Dr Wickramasinghe's website: https://cosmictusk.com/

Interview starts @ 3:20

Last edited by Star Tsar; 1st April 2020 at 07:15.
    I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

william r sanford72 (31st March 2020)

5. Link to Post #29143
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Suspicious Observers | Space News | 31st March 2020 | Solar Wind, QuakeWatch, Survival, Galactic Sheet GCR

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Axman (31st March 2020), Bluegreen (31st March 2020), william r sanford72 (31st March 2020)

7. Link to Post #29144
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

NASA Astrobiology

Ask An Astrobiologist : Dr. Colin Goldblatt

Once a month, SAGANet (www.saganet.org) and the NASA Astrobiology Program host a program called "Ask an Astrobiologist", where the public is invited to interact with a high-profile astrobiologist, who replies to twitter, facebook, and chat questions live on video.

Each session lasts about an hour. This month it's the turn of Dr. Colin Goldblatt (University of Victoria, British Columbia).

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

william r sanford72 (1st April 2020)

9. Link to Post #29145
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Launch Pad Astronomy

Professor David Kipping

Assistant Professor of Astronomy at Columbia University joins Christian for a discussion of all thing Extra-Solar planets & more.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bluegreen (31st March 2020), william r sanford72 (1st April 2020)

11. Link to Post #29146
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Podcast UFO

Leslie Kean & Travis Taylor | HISTORY's Secret of Skinwalker, Pentagon & UFOs

Streamed & Published 31st March 2020

The First Segment of the show is with Dr Travis Taylor who discusses the HISTORY Channel's: The Secret of Skinwalker Ranch, the series Premiere Tuesday, March 31 at 10/9c. For the first time ever, HISTORY is gaining full, unprecedented access to one of the most infamous and secretive hotspots of paranormal and UFO-related activities on earth, Skinwalker Ranch. FOLLOWING TWO SEGMENTS: Journalist Leslie Kean joins us for an interesting discussion of behind the scenes of co-authoring the article in the New York Times, December 16, 2017 that brought the world's attention to UFOs, and what has changed since that time.

Show notes & Guest bios here: https://podcastufo.com/show-notes/tr...r-leslie-kean/

Last edited by Star Tsar; 1st April 2020 at 07:33.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

william r sanford72 (2nd April 2020)

13. Link to Post #29147
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

It's [Redacted].

British Police Helicopters Encounter UFOs & Film Them

Published 23rd March 2020

Military footage of unidentified flying objects (UFOs) is widely known to have come from the US, Chile and Mexico. But what you may not know is British military helicopters encountered — and filmed — anomalous objects twice over the span of a decade. It occurred in the same general patch of sky above the waters of the unforgiving Bristol Channel.

Buried in the UK Ministry of Defence's declassified UFO files is a reference to the first of the sightings, in 2008. The crew reported it as "flying saucer shaped," and the police department backed up their account, calling them "very experienced" observers.

Eight years later, in 2016, British NPAS disclosed a second encounter above the channel and declassified 8 minutes of footage. They said the spherical object only was visible on infrared, and doubted it could've been a balloon because it was flying into the wind approximately 1,000 feet above the water. Crew also doubted it was a drone, saying their helicopter couldn't keep up with it.

2008 Cardiff/South Wales UFO @ 01:13

2016 St Athan UFO @ 02:51

MOD UFO Desk copy of BBC story on 2008 encounter: https://archive.org/stream/UKUFODocs...p/search/Athan

Telegraph article on 2008 encounter: https://web.archive.org/web/20090122...r-Cardiff.html

NPAS disclosure of 2016 encounter: https://twitter.com/NPASSouthWest/st...25831101423617

Helicopter flight log: https://gea-kt1.weebly.com/flight-details.html

&

Mexican Air Force: ‘We Are Not Alone’

Published 28th March 2020

On March 5, 2004, the Mexican Secretariat of Defense filmed 11 unidentified objects on its FLIR (forward looking infrared). The crew reported the UFOs at an altitude near that of their plane, 11,500 feet, and later told news reporters it felt as if they were surrounded. "I believe they could feel we were pursuing them," the plane's captain later said, according to an Associated Press article.

But, were the objects really anomalous? Or were they a trick of the eye from distant oil wells showing up on infrared? And what about the odd radar returns that prompted the crew to claim "we are not alone"? We will discuss these questions in today's episode.

Air crew counting the objects @ 0:01

Reporting objects at different positions around the plane @ 2:59

Radar operator sees object traveling same speed as a vehicle would on the ground @ 6:09

Original AP News article: https://www.wired.com/2004/05/mexica...ce-films-ufos/

Full audio translation: https://web.archive.org/web/20041224.../m01-001.shtml

Skeptical account of case: https://skepticalinquirer.org/2004/0...red-ufo-video/

Alejandro Franz analysis of oil well lights: http://www.alcione.org/FAM/FLIR_CONCLUSION.html

Brad Sparks analysis of radar targets on nearby highway: https://web.archive.org/web/20041204.../m01-002.shtml

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Axman (2nd April 2020), william r sanford72 (1st April 2020)

15. Link to Post #29148
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Somewhere In The Skies

Ryan Sprague & Jason McClellan Talk UFOs!

Ryan Sprague and Jason McClellan sit down for a laid back chat about UFOs, Skinwalker Ranch, and the evolution or devolution of the CE-5 movement. Can we truly vector in UFOs and aliens and initiate contact? And what some of the most well-documented UFO cases out there for even the hardened skeptics to reexamine? This in so much more in the premiere episode of TALKING UFOs!

As mentioned

https://spacenews.com/bigelow-aerosp...ire-workforce/

16. Link to Post #29149
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Thumbs up Re: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

New Thinking Allowed

Jason Reza Jorjani PhD | The Breakaway Civilization

Jason Reza Jorjani, PhD, is a philosopher and author of Prometheus and Atlas, World State of Emergency, Lovers of Sophia, Novel Folklore: The Blind Owl of Sadegh Hedayat, and Iranian Leviathan: A Monumental History of Mithra's Abode.

Here he explores the hypothesis that many UFO sightings can be attributed to a non-governmental, human organization. He proposes that this organization developed extraordinary technology in the late nineteenth century, that it was associated with German nationalists, and that it received financial support from Americans. After WWII, he speculates that this network incorporated newer technologies that had been developed by the Nazi regime. He compares this network to the Spectre organization in Ian Fleming's James Bond novels.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Kryztian (8th April 2020)

18. Link to Post #29150
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Phys.org

Warped Space-Time To Help WFIRST Find Exoplanets

NASA's Wide Field Infrared Survey Telescope (WFIRST) will search for planets outside our solar system toward the center of our Milky Way galaxy, where most stars are. Studying the properties of exoplanet worlds will help us understand what planetary systems throughout the galaxy are like and how planets form and evolve.

Combining WFIRST's findings with results from NASA's Kepler and Transiting Exoplanet Survey Satellite (TESS) missions will complete the first planet census that is sensitive to a wide range of planet masses and orbits, bringing us a step closer to discovering habitable Earth-like worlds beyond our own.

Read all about it here: https://phys.org/news/2020-03-warped...xoplanets.html

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

20. Link to Post #29151
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Space.com

The Sun's 220-Million-Year Orbit In The Milky Way's Warped Disk

Watch as the Sun and the Milky Way's warped disk travel around the center of the galaxy in this animation created using ESA Gaia mission data.

Read all about it here: https://www.space.com/milky-way-warp...er-galaxy.html

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

22. Link to Post #29152
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

NASA Goddard

Hubble Finds Evidence Of Mid-Sized Black Hole

Astronomers have found the best evidence for a black hole of an elusive class known as “intermediate-mass,” which betrayed its existence by tearing apart a wayward star that passed too close.

This exciting discovery opens the door to the possibility of many more lurking undetected in the dark, waiting to be given away by a star passing too close.

Read all about it here: https://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddard...zed-black-hole

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

24. Link to Post #29153
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Question Re: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

PBS SpaceTime

What’s On The Other Side Of A Black Hole?

Normal maps are useless inside black holes. At the event horizon - the ultimate point of no return as you approach a black hole - time and space themselves change their character. We need new coordinate systems to trace paths into the black hole interior. But the maps we draw using those coordinates reveal something unexpected - they don’t simply end inside the black hole, but continue beyond. In these maps, black holes become wormholes, and new universes lie on the other side.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

26. Link to Post #29154
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

NASA JPL

What's Up: April 2020

What are some astronomy highlights in the sky in April 2020? This month, Venus visits the Pleiades; Mars, Jupiter and Saturn begin their breakup; and we ask, "What is the Moon illusion?"

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

28. Link to Post #29155
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

SOTT Media

February 2020 : Earth Changes Summary

Published 6th March 2020

The winter remained harsh in the northern hemisphere throughout February with even more cold and snowfall records broken.

70 villages in southeastern Turkey were buried under 20 feet of snow after a powerful blizzard. Residents were left without power and water as they also struggled to dig their way out. Furthermore, two avalanches killed 41 in the eastern part of the country, while a 5.7 magnitude earthquake killed 8 people in the southeast... That's quite a lot of extreme events in a single region.

Haji Omaran, a town on the mountainous Iraq-Iran border, also experienced exceptionally heavy snowfall, with roads blocked and cars buried in the snow. Saudi Arabia also got its share of unusual cold weather (for the desert!) as the temperature dropped to -5°C.

Last but not least, Taiwan's highest peak of Yushan and nearby counties were hit by the heaviest snowfall in two decades, whilst Himachal Pradesh's capital received the highest snowfall in eight years.

Heavy rain continued breaking records around the globe: 2 feet of rain in 24 hours in Fiordland, New Zealand; 5 dead and hundred displaced in Kenya; a month's worth of rain in 3 hours in São Paulo, Brazil; rainfall 400% above normal in Mississippi; hundreds evacuated in Northern Argentina due to widespread flooding, while western Washington got hit by historic flooding and landslides... and that's just to mention some of the most significant events.

At least seven people were killed across Europe by Storm Ciara, heavy rain and strong winds shut down transport and left hundreds of thousands without power. And storm Dennis left its mark in the UK, dumping a month's worth of rain in 48 hours with 91mph winds.

Meteor fireballs also gave quite a show this month, sightings on the rise... at least for now.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bluegreen (2nd April 2020), william r sanford72 (2nd April 2020)

30. Link to Post #29156
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Suspicious Observers | Space News | 1st & 2nd April 2020

Last edited by Star Tsar; 2nd April 2020 at 15:55.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bluegreen (2nd April 2020), william r sanford72 (1st April 2020)

32. Link to Post #29157
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

SmithsonianMag.com

More Evidence That Pluto Might Have A Subsurface Ocean

Published 2nd April 2020

When NASA’s New Horizons spacecraft sailed past Pluto in 2015, it captured an image of the dwarf planet’s heart-shaped geography. But while it was there, New Horizons also caught a glimpse of Pluto’s dark side.

An image of the back of the dwarf planet shows black ripples of rock exactly opposite Sputnik Planitia, the basin that makes up the left lobe of Pluto’s heart. Now, researchers report that those ripples could be evidence that Pluto has a 93-mile-thick ocean sandwiched between its crust and its core. The findings were presented the virtual Lunar and Planetary Science Conference.

Read all about it here: https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart...cean-180974550
    Last edited by Star Tsar; 2nd April 2020 at 16:21.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bluegreen (2nd April 2020), william r sanford72 (2nd April 2020)

34. Link to Post #29158
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Astronomic

The Structure Of The Cosmos

Published 2nd April 2020

Astronomic describes the structure of the known cosmos...

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

william r sanford72 (4th April 2020)

36. Link to Post #29159
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Suspicious Observers | Space News | 3rd & 4th April 2020

37. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

william r sanford72 (4th April 2020)

38. Link to Post #29160
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Star Tsar (here)
    Lowell Observatory

Venus Meets The Pleiades

Streamed & Published 28th March 2020

Once every 8 years, brilliant Venus appears to pass right through the renowned Pleiades star cluster. This celestial meetup is called a conjunction, and it's the result of the geometries of our solar system. In this video, we'll go to the Giovale Open Deck Observatory at Lowell Observatory (https://lowell.edu/godo) to learn how to see this spectacular conjunction.

You can also join Lowell Observatory on Friday, April 3, 2020, for a live stream of this Venus-Pleiades Conjunction: https://youtu.be/zW23N4-K1LU.

Venus Meets The Pleiades Livestream

Streamed & Published 3rd April 2020

Once every 8 years, the brightest planet, Venus, appears to pass right through the brilliant Pleiades star cluster. Join Lowell Observatory at 6pm AZ/PT on Friday, April 3, 2020, for a live stream of this spectacular conjunction, when Venus meets the Pleiades.

Last edited by Star Tsar; 4th April 2020 at 12:53.

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Axman (4th April 2020), william r sanford72 (4th April 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1458 of 1822 FirstFirst 1 458 958 1358 1408 1448 1458 1468 1508 1558 1822 LastLast