+ Reply to Thread
Page 1130 of 1822 FirstFirst 1 130 630 1030 1080 1120 1130 1140 1180 1230 1630 1822 LastLast
Results 22,581 to 22,600 of 36440

Thread: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

1. Link to Post #22581
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,691 times in 13,806 posts

Default Re: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

Nemesis Maturity

Monster Sunspot Returns - G1 Storm Watch - Solar Update

Published 25th September 2017

Strong Flares could Be in the Offing

Monster sunspot AR2673, which unleashed two X-class solar flares earlier this month, has returned after a two-week trip around the farside of the sun. The formerly potent sunspot decayed while it was gone, and no longer appears to be a threat for strong flares.
    http://www.spaceweather.com/

Region 2673 is now turning back into Earth view and as expected is heavily decayed. The chances for noteworthy solar flares will be low this time around. The formerly X-Flare producing region was reassigned AR 2682 on Sunday.
    http://www.solarham.net/

Report of Solar-Geophysical Activity
    http://services.swpc.noaa.gov/text/discussion.txt

I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

fourty-two (25th September 2017), Foxie Loxie (25th September 2017), william r sanford72 (26th September 2017)

3. Link to Post #22582
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Popular Mechanics

Australia Is Establishing A National Space Agency After Years Of Pressure

The nation's space industry has been active for decades, yet a government space agency is only now taking form..

Read all about it here: http://www.popularmechanics.com/spac...-space-agency/
    I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

fourty-two (25th September 2017), Foxie Loxie (25th September 2017), william r sanford72 (26th September 2017)

5. Link to Post #22583
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Cosmos Magazine

Did Meteorites Create The Earth’s Tectonic Plates?

Modelling suggests that plate tectonics and the Earth’s magnetic field were the result of massive collisions during the “geologic dark age”. Andrew Masterson reports.

Read all about it here: https://cosmosmagazine.com/geoscienc...ectonic-plates

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

7. Link to Post #22584
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Phys.org

Oxygen-Deficient Dwarf Galaxy Hints @ Makings Of Early Universe

A recently discovered dwarf galaxy in the constellation Lynx may serve well as a proxy for better understanding the developing chemistry of the early universe, according to a research team that includes University of Virginia astronomers.

Read all about it here: https://phys.org/news/2017-09-oxygen...nts-early.html

&

Researchers Analyze Chemical Composition Of The Newly Discovered Star Cluster Gaia 1

A team of astronomers led by Andreas Koch of the Lancaster University, U.K., has recently conducted a detailed chemical abundance study of the recently discovered star cluster Gaia 1. The research, published Sept. 12 on arXiv.org, offers new insights into the nature of this newly found cluster.

Read all about it here: https://phys.org/news/2017-09-chemic...r-cluster.html

&

IceCube Helps Demystify Strange Radio Bursts From Deep Space

The phenomena, known as fast radio bursts or FRBs, were first detected in 2007 by astronomers scouring archival data from Australia's Parkes Telescope, a 64-meter diameter dish best known for its role receiving live televison images from the Apollo 11 moon landing in 1969.

But the antenna's detection of the first FRB—and the subsequent confirmed discovery of nearly two dozen more powerful radio pulses across the sky by Parkes and other radio telsescopes—has sent astrophysicists scurrying to find more of the objects and to explain them.

Read all about it here: https://3c1703fe8d.site.internapcdn....ecubehelps.jpg

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

9. Link to Post #22585
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Space.com

Cosmic Kittens: Saturn Features Get Feline Names

If you know anything about Saturn, you probably know that it's a planet surrounded by rings. But did you know that it's also surrounded by cats?

NASA's Cassini spacecraft, which plunged into Saturn on Sept. 15, has discovered at least 60 "kittens" orbiting in Saturn's F ring. These features aren't actually young cats, but Cassini scientists have been naming them after kittens, mostly just for fun.

Read all about it here: https://www.space.com/38233-saturn-f...ten-names.html

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

11. Link to Post #22586
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

SciNews.com

Gliese 3942b: Super-Earth Found Orbiting Nearby Star

Dr. Manuel Perger, a postdoctoral researcher at Spain’s Institute of Space Sciences (IEEC-CSIC), and colleagues have discovered a ‘super-Earth’ exoplanet orbiting a low-mass star 55 light-years from the Sun.

Read all about it here: http://www.sci-news.com/astronomy/gl...rth-05258.html

Scientific Paper: https://arxiv.org/abs/1709.06851

&

Hubble Views Peculiar Galaxy LEDA 31961

NASA has released a stunning image snapped by the NASA/ESA Hubble Space Telescope of the small galaxy LEDA 31961.

Read all about it here: http://www.sci-news.com/astronomy/hu...961-05254.html

&

NASA’s Juno Probe Returns Stunning New Image of Jupiter

This striking image of Jupiter was captured by NASA’s Juno spacecraft as it performed its eighth flyby of the giant planet.

Read all about it here: http://www.sci-news.com/space/juno-i...ter-05256.html
    Last edited by Star Tsar; 25th September 2017 at 18:28.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

fourty-two (25th September 2017), Foxie Loxie (25th September 2017), william r sanford72 (26th September 2017), Zampano (26th September 2017)

13. Link to Post #22587
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Exploring The Bizarre

Larry Hancock & Preston Dennett | Inside UFOs With The CIA

Join Exploring the Bizarre (KCORradio.com) hosts Tim Beckley and Tim R Swartz as they go deep inside covert operations of both the
    aliens and our earthly intelligence organizations. LARRY HANCOCK has long explored the workings of the CIA and the FBI and the "Shadow Warfare"
    practices of these hush-hush groups. In his recently published "Unidentified: The National Intelligence Problem of UFOs," Hancock brings his knowledge of cultural anthropology, military history and national security subjects to examine UFOs, concluding that both military and civilian intelligence groups failed to resolve what was once official stated to be a serious security and air defense problem. And go off world with UFOlogist PRESTON DENNETT to examines some of the most
    bizarre ultra-terrestrial encounters as described in his recently released "Inside UFOs: True Accounts of Contact With Extraterrestrials." -- You will meet all sorts of weird beings on board these dazzling craft. The program moves along at high velocity warp speed!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

fourty-two (25th September 2017)

15. Link to Post #22588
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Hubble Space Telescope

Tonight's Sky: October 2017

In October, the northern hemisphere is treated to a view of Pegasus, Andromeda, and the Orionid Meteor Shower.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (25th September 2017), william r sanford72 (26th September 2017)

17. Link to Post #22589
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Nemesis Maturity

Ghostly Appearance Of Enceladus

Published 26th September 2017

Wonders of the solar system: The brightly lit limb of a crescent Enceladus looks ethereal against the blackness of space. The rest of the moon, lit by light reflected from Saturn, presents a ghostly appearance.

Enceladus (313 miles or 504 kilometers across) is back-lit in this image, as is apparent by the thin crescent. However, the Sun-Enceladus-spacecraft (or phase) angle, at 141 degrees, is too low to make the moon's famous plumes easily visible.

This view looks toward the Saturn-facing hemisphere of Enceladus. North on Enceladus is up. The above image is a composite of images taken with the Cassini spacecraft narrow-angle camera on March 29, 2017, using filters that allow infrared, green, and ultraviolet light. The image filter centered on 930 nm (IR) was is red in this image, the image filter centered on the green is green, and the image filter centered on 338 nm (UV) is blue.

The view was obtained at a distance of approximately 110,000 miles (180,000 kilometers) from Enceladus. Image scale is 0.6 miles (1 kilometer) per pixel.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (26th September 2017), william r sanford72 (26th September 2017)

19. Link to Post #22590
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

ChinaDaily.com.cn

New "Eyeball" In Space Peers Towards Earth

China's most advanced weather satellite officially began operating 36,000 kilometers above the earth on Monday, greatly improving the country's capabilities in weather forecasting, environmental monitoring and disaster prevention and relief. It is also expected to help China's response to climate change.

Read all about it here: http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2...t_32490658.htm

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

21. Link to Post #22591
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

AdelaideNow.com.au

Larry Marshall : Few Australians Know The Unique Role Their Country Plays In The Global Space Network

In 1969, Larry Marshall sat on the floor of my classroom watching, spellbound, as Neil Armstrong took his first steps on the Moon. He never dreamt that a few decades later, He’d be one of the first to see images from Pluto as part of the critical role CSIRO’s team at the Canberra Deep Space Communication Complex plays in NASA’s New Horizons and Cassini missions.

Read all about it here: http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/o...d19b87b9d6e5da

¤=[Post Update]=¤

BBC

Australia Joins UK Space Radar Mission

Australia is to be a launch partner on the UK's innovative new small radar satellite, NovaSAR.

Read all about it here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-41030229

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

fourty-two (26th September 2017), Foxie Loxie (26th September 2017), william r sanford72 (26th September 2017)

23. Link to Post #22592
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

SputnikNews.com

South Korea To Develop Naro Space Center In Cooperation With Russia

The Korea Aerospace Research Institute (KARI) is interested in the development of its national Naro Space Center in cooperation with Russia, Russia's Roscosmos State Space Corporation Director General Igor Komarov said.

Read all about it here: https://sputniknews.com/world/201709...sia-space-iac/

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

fourty-two (26th September 2017), Foxie Loxie (26th September 2017), william r sanford72 (26th September 2017)

25. Link to Post #22593
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

NASA Marshal Center

Hinode Takes An X-Ray Of A Powerful Solar Flare

On Sept. 10, 2017, the Hinode satellite observed an enormous X-class flare burst from an active region on the western edge of the Sun. The video shows the high-energy flare as seen by Hinode's X-Ray Telescope. The emission was so bright that the initial blast caused the detector to saturate. The giant explosion sent a huge cloud of superhot plasma zooming into interplanetary space -- a phenomenon known as a coronal mass ejection. Studying large flares like this one with a variety of instruments is key to understanding exactly what causes these dramatic eruptions, and one day predicting them before they occur. (Credit: JAXA/NASA/Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory/Montana State University)

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

27. Link to Post #22594
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Suspicious Observers News | 26th September 2017 | Sun Surging Plasma, Earthquakes Continue

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

29. Link to Post #22595
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Project Camelot

Dr. Eamonn Ansbro | Quantum Superluminal Communications

Kerry interviews Dr. Eamonn Ansbro at the Ireland Awakens conference in Dublin about a new technology he is using to contact off-world civilizations "quantum mechanics".

Short Bio

Dr. Eamonn Ansbro has a Masters degree in Astronomy from University of Western Sydney, Australia, and an MPhil and PhD (ABD) degree in Astronomy from the Planetary Space Science Research Institute at Open University (UK).

He is director of Kingsland Observatory, one of 5 Observatory research centres in astronomy in Ireland. His main involvement for some years has been in Solar System studies and Instrumentation.

In recent years he has been involved in SETI . He founded SETI Kingsland which has been pioneering a fundamental new approach within SETI.

This new SETI approach has resulted in breakthrough technology for applying it to communications with extraterrestrial civilizations.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

drneglector (2nd October 2017), Foxie Loxie (26th September 2017)

31. Link to Post #22596
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

TMRO

Space News | OSIRIS-Rex Performs Earth Flyby

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

33. Link to Post #22597
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

TheNational.ae

City Dedicated To Researching Mars Colonisation Unveiled @ UAE Government Centennial Meeting

Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid described the project as an “extraordinary national project” that would cover 1.9 million square feet

Read all about it here: https://www.thenational.ae/uae/gover...eting-1.661843

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

william r sanford72 (26th September 2017)

35. Link to Post #22598
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Phys.org

Astronomers Study the Extended Stellar Structure Around the Globular Cluster

A team of astronomers led by Andrés E. Piatti of the Astronomical Observatory of Córdoba in Argentina has recently observed an extra-tidal clumpy structure around the globular cluster NGC 288. The results of these observations, available in a paper published Sept. 21 on arXiv.org, could redefine our understanding of external regions of globular clusters in our Milky Way galaxy.

Read all about it here: https://phys.org/news/2017-09-astron...uster-ngc.html

&

New Study May Help Identify Areas With & Without Accessible Water Ice on Mars

New findings reveal deposits on Mars that could be interpreted to be ice-rich may contain little or no ice at all, based on an analysis of radar sounder data for Meridiani Planum—an area on the planet's equator being explored by the Opportunity rover.

Read all about it here: https://phys.org/news/2017-09-areas-...-ice-mars.html

&

3-D Analysis Offers New Info On Martian Climate Change, Age of Polar Caps

Three-dimensional (3-D) subsurface radar volumes generated from thousands of 2-D radar profiles are revealing new information about the polar regions of Mars, including more accurate mapping of CO2 and water ices, the discovery of buried impact craters, and new elevation data. PSI Senior Scientist Nathaniel E. Putzig is the lead author of the new Icarus paper "Three-dimensional radar imaging of structures and craters in the Martian polar caps."

Read all about it here: https://phys.org/news/2017-09-d-anal...n-climate.html

&

The Material That Obscures Supermassive Black Holes

Cristina Ramos Almeida, researcher at the IAC, and Claudio Ricci, from the Institute of Astronomy of the Universidad Católica de Chile, have published a review in Nature Astronomy on the material that obscures active galactic nuclei obtained from infrared and X-ray observations.

Read all about it here: https://phys.org/news/2017-09-materi...ack-holes.html

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

william r sanford72 (27th September 2017)

37. Link to Post #22599
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

WallStreetPit.com

Breaking SpaceX : China’s LinkSpace Reveals Rockets That Are Reusable

Another cost-effective launch system is on its way as LinkSpace unveils its new project. This system development attempts to break the monopoly of SpaceX.

Read all about it here: http://wallstreetpit.com/114240-brea...kets-reusable/

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

william r sanford72 (27th September 2017)

39. Link to Post #22600
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

NASA Ames Research Center

Exotic Ice Formations Found On Pluto

NASA’s New Horizons mission revolutionized our knowledge of Pluto when it flew past that distant world in July 2015. Among its many discoveries were images of strange formations (https://www.nasa.gov/feature/scienti...bladed-terrain) resembling giant blades of ice, whose origin had remained a mystery.

Now, scientists have turned up a fascinating explanation for this “bladed terrain”: the structures are made almost entirely of methane ice, and likely formed as a specific kind of erosion wore away their surfaces, leaving dramatic crests and sharp divides.

More info: https://www.nasa.gov/feature/ames/so...-blades-of-ice

40. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bluegreen (26th September 2017), Desire (27th September 2017), fourty-two (27th September 2017), Foxie Loxie (28th September 2017), justntime2learn (26th September 2017), william r sanford72 (27th September 2017)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1130 of 1822 FirstFirst 1 130 630 1030 1080 1120 1130 1140 1180 1230 1630 1822 LastLast