+ Reply to Thread
Page 1191 of 1822 FirstFirst 1 191 691 1091 1141 1181 1191 1201 1241 1291 1691 1822 LastLast
Results 23,801 to 23,820 of 36428

Thread: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

1. Link to Post #23801
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,691 times in 13,806 posts

Default Re: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

Paul Stonehill Paranormal Research

UFOs Of Amur Oblast

Published 15th January 2018

Hear of UFOs over secret installations in the Russian Far East.

I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bluegreen (17th January 2018), Foxie Loxie (17th January 2018), william r sanford72 (18th January 2018)

3. Link to Post #23802
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

SciShow Space

Could Naked Singularities Exist?

Published 16th January 2018

I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (17th January 2018), william r sanford72 (17th January 2018)

5. Link to Post #23803
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Hubble Space Telescope

Webb In Three Acts : The Telescope, The Science, The Legacy

The JWST team which comprises of Drs Nikole Lewis, Bonnie Meinke & Klaus Pontoppidan update us on the progress of the James Webb Space Telescope.

Lecture starts @ 15:28

360 degree video of the Telescope

Last edited by Star Tsar; 17th January 2018 at 09:13.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

7. Link to Post #23804
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

European Southern Observatory

An Artists Impression Of A Binary Black Hole System In NGC 3201

Published 17th January 2018

Strange behaviour observered using ESO's MUSE Telescope in Chile.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

9. Link to Post #23805
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Question Re: Up At The Ranch And Beyond

David Icke / London Real

Where Does Humanity's Future Lie? (Part One)

Where does humanity's future lie? Are we doomed as a species? OR does our salvation lay within each and every single one of us?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (17th January 2018)

11. Link to Post #23806
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Nemesis Maturity

Water On Mars : Scientists Found New Evidence Of Water Below The Martian Surface

In a recent study published in the journal Science, researchers from the Arizona detachment of United States Geological Survey reported, with the help of NASA images, that they discovered significant reservoirs of water ice very close to the surface of Mars.

Researchers using NASA's Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter (MRO) have found eight sites where thick deposits of ice beneath Mars' surface are exposed in faces of eroding slopes.

These eight scarps, with slopes as steep as 55 degrees, reveal new information about the internal layered structure of previously detected underground ice sheets in Mars' middle latitudes.

The ice was likely deposited as snow long ago. The deposits are exposed in cross section as relatively pure water ice, capped by a layer one to two yards (or meters) thick of ice-cemented rock and dust. They hold clues about Mars' climate history. They also may make frozen water more accessible than previously thought to future robotic or human exploration missions.

Researchers who located and studied the scarp sites with the High Resolution Imaging Science Experiment (HiRISE) camera on MRO reported the findings today in the journal Science. The sites are in both northern and southern hemispheres of Mars, at latitudes from about 55 to 58 degrees, equivalent on Earth to Scotland or the tip of South America.

Read all about it here: http://science.sciencemag.org/content/359/6372/199

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (17th January 2018), william r sanford72 (18th January 2018)

13. Link to Post #23807
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Space.com

Congressman Grills Space X Over Zuma & Rocket Failures

Representative Brian Babin (R-TX 36th District) asks SpaceX's Dr. Hans Koenigsmann (vice president, Build and Flight Reliability) and others about the mysterious circumstances that occured during the Zuma mission launch and other SpaceX rocket failures. The questioning occured at a hearing by the House Committee on Science, Space, and Technology to get an update on NASA Commercial Crew Systems Development on Jan. 17, 2017.

&

On This Day In Space | January 17th 1985 : Final Aerobee Sounding Rocket Launched

On January 17, 1985, the United States launched its 1,037th and final Aerobee rocket. Aerobee rockets were the first sounding rockets that the U.S. launched to research Earth's upper atmosphere. The small, suborbital rockets measured things like temperature, pressure, radiation and ozone. The last Aerobee rocket to launch was a variation called Aerobee 150, and it lifted off from White Sands Missile Range in New Mexico. This rocket stood about 30 feet tall and could fly to an altitude of 170 miles with payloads weighing up to 150 pounds. This rocket's payload was a device designed to observe airglow, or the constant dim glow of Earth's atmosphere..

Last edited by Star Tsar; 17th January 2018 at 17:40.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

15. Link to Post #23808
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Suspicious Observers News | 17th January 2018 | Space Weather, Europe Alert, Quake Watch

Last edited by Star Tsar; 17th January 2018 at 17:41.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

17. Link to Post #23809
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

The Cosmos News

Cheops Pyramid Mystery Chamber May Hold 'Meteorite Iron Throne'

Giza Pyramid mystery chamber may hold Pharaoh’s 'meteorite throne'
    A huge void discovered inside the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt late last year may hold an iron throne carved from meteorites, according to new analysis of ancient religious texts.
    Giulio Magli, Director of the Department of Mathematics and Professor of Archaeoastronomy at the Politecnico di Milano, studied the Pyramid Texts, religious writings carved into pyramid walls around 2400 BC. Based on his studies, Magli proposes that it’s possible the throne of Pharaoh Khufu – or ‘Cheops’ – lies inside the chamber.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Bluegreen (17th January 2018), Foxie Loxie (17th January 2018), william r sanford72 (18th January 2018)

19. Link to Post #23810
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

PBS Space Time

Horizon Radiation

Learn about Horizon radiation and why it's essential for us to understand as we continue our journey towards the Unruh Effect and Hawking Radiation.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (18th January 2018), william r sanford72 (18th January 2018)

21. Link to Post #23811
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Open Minds UFO Radio

Leslie Kean | UFOs & The New York Times

Leslie Kean is an investigative journalist who has been published internationally and nationally in the Boston Globe, Baltimore Sun, Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Providence Journal, The Nation, International Herald Tribune, Globe and Mail, and Journal of Scientific Exploration, among other publications. She is the author of UFOs: Generals, Pilots, and Government Officials Go on the Record, a New York Times best seller, and numerous articles on the subject of UFOs. She is coauthor of Burma’s Revolution of the Spirit and cofounder of the Coalition for Freedom of Information. She lives in New York.

She is the co-author of the recent article in The New York Times revealing the U.S. Department of Defense’s Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program. We are lucky enough to be the first among the non-mainstream media to have the opportunity to interview Leslie on how the story came about, and what other pieces of information she may be able to share about the program.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

23. Link to Post #23812
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Den Of Lore

Jeffery Boyd Jnr Hoaxes UFO With NASA Feed

Dave Scott & Dave Cruz join Chris & Michael to discuss Jeffery Boyd Jnr's hoax clip.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (18th January 2018)

25. Link to Post #23813
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

EarthFiles

EarthFiles Special Report | Hawaii Missile Scare, Art Bell's Roswell Letter To Linda

Here is your EarthFiles Special Report for this week.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (18th January 2018)

27. Link to Post #23814
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Grimerica

David Mathisen | Skies Over Grimerica | January 2018 Edition

David is back with January's celestial highlights along with associated mythology

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

29. Link to Post #23815
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Nemesis Maturity

The Magnificent Winter Circle Graces The Night Skies

Published 18th January 2018

Use the Moon to find the bright stars of the Winter Circle!
    No matter where you live worldwide, looking Southeast to overhead at nightfall you can observe the Brightest Stars in the sky.

On January 28, 2018, the moon is inside the Winter Circle. You can go outside on this date, and look for the waxing gibbous moon, then notice the stars nearby. The moon is within the Winter Circle stars on this date. All the stars of the Winter Circle are first-magnitude stars, so they should be able to withstand this night’s drenching moonlight.

The Winter Hexagon or Winter Circle/Oval is an asterism appearing to be in the form of a hexagon with vertices at Rigel, Aldebaran, Capella, Pollux, Procyon, and Sirius. It is mostly upon the Northern Hemisphere's celestial sphere.

Smaller and more regularly shaped is the Winter Triangle (also known as the Great Southern Triangle, an approximately equilateral triangle that shares two vertices (Sirius and Procyon) with the larger asterism. The third vertex is Betelgeuse, which lies near the center of the hexagon.

These three stars are three of the ten brightest objects, as viewed from Earth, outside the Solar System. Betelgeuse is also particularly easy to locate, being a shoulder of Orion, which assists stargazers in finding the triangle. Once the triangle is located, the larger hexagon may then be found.

Several of the stars in the hexagon may also be found independently of one another by following various lines traced through various stars in Orion.

The stars in the hexagon are parts of six constellations. Counter-clockwise around the hexagon, starting with Rigel, these are Orion, Taurus, Auriga, Gemini, Canis Minor, and Canis Major.

Read all about it here: http://earthsky.org/tonight/identify...-winter-circle

Last edited by Star Tsar; 18th January 2018 at 14:27.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

31. Link to Post #23816
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Deep Astronomy

Exo-Life Hangout | The Case For K Dwarf Stars

What types of stars are most likely to have planets that harbor complex life?

Astronomers (and everyone else for that matter) are very interested in finding out if there is life in the universe besides our own. One area of inquiry has been about the stars themselves: what types of stars might be most likely to have life in orbit around them.

This hangout delves into this topic with Drs. Manfred Cuntz and Ed Quinan whose paper makes the case for the best type of star being a k dwarf star. Please join Tony Darnell, Dr. Jeffrey Kuhn and Dr. Svetlana Berdughina to discuss this and much more on the question of life in the universe.

Here is a link to the paper: https://arxiv.org/abs/1606.09580

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

33. Link to Post #23817
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Space.com

On This Day In Space | January 18 2002 : Gemini South Observatory Dedicated

On January 18, 2002, the National Science Foundation formally opened the Gemini South telescope in Chile. This became the second telescope to make up the Gemini Observatory. Its twin telescope, Gemini North, is located in Hawaii. Together, these telescopes provide complete coverage of entire sky all around the Earth. The Gemini South telescope saw its first light in 1998, but it wasn't formally opened for observations until 2002. Since then, astronomers have used these telescopes to study supernovas, black holes, exoplanets and more.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

35. Link to Post #23818
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

The Cosmos News

Fireball Over Michigan : Did A Meteor Really Cause An Earthquake?

On Tuesday night, Detroit residents were startled by a bright flash of light caused by a meteor entering Earth’s atmosphere above Michigan’s capital. What was first thought to be a thunder and lighting was confirmed to be a pretty rare occurrence, a member of the the American Meteor Society tells Inverse.

The unusual event resulted in a slew of viral videos that showed the night sky brilliantly light up at around 8 p.m. local time. Mike Hankey, a software developer and member of the AMS, explains that these bystanders had captured something that happens only a few times a year.

“This was a good fireball, we might get one to three good ones like this in the U.S. per year,” he tells Inverse via email. “The airburst/sonic boom was recorded on seismic sensors, often times larger meteors can be detected on these sensors.”

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

37. Link to Post #23819
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

TMRO

Space Pod | Possible Lunar Lava Tubes Discovered

The SETI Institute and the Mars Institute announced the discovery of what could be lava tubes on the North Pole of the Moon. What does that mean for future space travel? Lets take a look.

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

39. Link to Post #23820
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks

Suspicious Observers News | 18th January 2018 | Star Orbit, US Crust Anomaly, Cosmic Rays

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1191 of 1822 FirstFirst 1 191 691 1091 1141 1181 1191 1201 1241 1291 1691 1822 LastLast